NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’

+2
eddie
Lone Wolf
6 posters

Go down

Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’ Empty Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:44 am

A primary school in London’s Southall district prevented children at the school from observing yesterday’s solar eclipse first-hand, citing unexplained “religious and cultural” reasons.

According to The Telegraph, students at North Primary School were only able to observe the rare eclipse from inside the school, watching it on video screens.

Located in area known as “Little India,” the community is considered diverse, but with a large a large Hindi population.

Headteacher Ivor Johnstone said the decision to bring the children inside was based on “religious and cultural” reasons

“The school made this decision when we became aware of religious and cultural concerns associated with observing an eclipse directly,” he explained. “Although we are sorry for any disappointment, pupils were still able to watch the eclipse on screens in classrooms.”

Some Hindu scriptures state that an eclipse makes believers impure, with fundamentalists saying believers must bathe immediately after an eclipse and chant the name of God to overcome the forces of darkness.

Parents of some of the children expressed their unhappiness, with one father comparing religion overriding science to Christian American fundamentalism.

“I am outraged – is it going to be Darwin next? We will be like mid America,” said Phil Belman whose 7-year-old daughter goes to the school.

“My child went in having spent an hour preparing and making up her pinhole camera. This is an issue about scientific matters versus religious superstition,” Belman said, adding, “I am extremely upset about it.”

While not excusing the decision, Johnstone pointed out out that “overcast conditions in West London today meant they would not have been able to see it live in any case

And i agree with him completely

what next? evolution not taught in schools
the old testament is historically accurate
pupils taught the earth is what 4000 years old or some such rubbish

absolutely outrageous these parents are doing there children a disservice no wonder some are easily radicalised

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’ Empty Re: Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’

Post by Lone Wolf Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:37 am

Laughing

CREATONISTS and I'D'ers believe that the the world was created on a warm Spring morning around 4,500 B.C.

THATS now between 6,500 and 6,600 years ago, according to their ignorant superstitions..

SOME religious schools in many 'secular' countries, and many public schools in Repub' controlled states in the US, are these days pre-empting any lectures on subjects they don't agree with ~ such as those concerning evolution, genetics, global warming, past history of scientific research ~ with their own critical mini-lectures claiming such notions to be false, left-wing 'liberal' propoganda, the work of the Devil, or whatever, in an attempt to get around any secular teaching laws preventing their 'proselytising' within their schools. Especially where they are drawing on public funding..

OVER HERE, I'd expect any teacher(s) who insisted on behaving as that dude in England did, could these days find himself "dragged across the coals", given a warning, and possibly finding himself transferred at the end of the year.
AS SOME school teachers have indeed tried to apply such silly restrictions over here in the recent past, against the department of educations own guidelines, and caused a lot of protests from large groups of parents. Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’ 2347854014
Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’ Empty Re: Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:46 am

Lone Wolf wrote:Laughing

CREATONISTS and I'D'ers believe that the the world was created on a warm Spring morning around 4,500 B.C.

THATS now between 6,500 and 6,600 years ago, according to their ignorant superstitions..

SOME religious schools in many 'secular' countries, and many public schools in Repub' controlled states in the US, are these days pre-empting any lectures on subjects they don't agree with ~ such as those concerning evolution, genetics, global warming, past history of scientific research ~ with their own critical mini-lectures claiming such notions to be false, left-wing 'liberal' propoganda, the work of the Devil, or whatever, in an attempt to get around any secular teaching laws preventing their 'proselytising' within their schools. Especially where they are drawing on public funding..  

OVER HERE, I'd expect any teacher(s) who insisted on behaving as that dude in England did, could these days find himself "dragged across the coals", given a warning, and possibly finding himself transferred at the end of the year.
AS SOME school teachers have indeed tried to apply such silly restrictions over here in the recent past, against the department of educations own guidelines, and caused a lot of protests from large groups of parents.     Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’ 2347854014
Thanks it was just a guesstimate i try nor to keep rubbish figures in my head Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:53 am

Had I been a parent Id have taken my child out of that school.

What's wrong with just not letting the Hindus or whoever else watch it and allowing the others to watch it if they wished?

PC crap again.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:11 am

yep PC at its best.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:15 am

darknessss wrote:yep PC at its best.....

Its not PC though is it Victor, as other minorities were denied seeing this.
Such an action conflicts with PC.
Rememeber what PC is?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:04 pm

eddie wrote:Had I been a parent Id have taken my child out of that school.

What's wrong with just not letting the Hindus or whoever else watch it and allowing the others to watch it if they wished?

PC crap again.

Why do you label it "PC crap" when it is quite clearly based upon right-wing mythology and religion?  You guys sure are confused.  You call antisemitism liberal; and declare privatization to be progressive.  Earth to England: Hitler was not a liberal.   Rolling Eyes Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:15 pm

It's just a natural occurrence quill and children should be allowed to watch it if they want to.

PC crap like I said.

Earth to quill: not every one of your posts needs to have the word "england" or "english" in it.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:16 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Had I been a parent Id have taken my child out of that school.

PC crap again.

Why do you label it "PC crap" when it is quite clearly based upon right-wing mythology and religion?  You guys sure are confused.  You call antisemitism liberal; and declare privatization to be progressive.  Earth to England: Hitler was not a liberal.   Rolling Eyes  Razz

Nor are most "liberals" when it comes to the crunch...

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:17 pm

Nail on head Vic.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:48 pm

eddie wrote:It's just a natural occurrence quill and children should be allowed to watch it if they want to.

PC crap like I said.

The odd thing is, I agree with you.  It is wrong to deny children the opportunity for this once-in-a-lifetime (for many) event, all for the sake of a man-made myth.  But to refer to a clearly RW motive by a LW moniker is downright wrong.

eddie wrote:Earth to quill: not every one of your posts needs to have the word "england" or "english" in it.

I know.  I am aware that I do that.  But I am at pains to let the Scots know that I do not mean them.  They are the good guys and if I were to use the terms British or United Kingdom it might imply that I mean them.  Same for the Welsh, who when sober can be good guys. Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:16 pm

That's okay. We prefer the Canadians, beautiful country, more class than the Americans and not so "Omg! Look at how much we can FEEL! And LOVE! Amd CRY!"

Yep. Those Canadians have a lot to teach you guys. Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:20 pm

Some yanks have a very high opinion of them selves.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:28 pm

well Nicko...somebody has to.........................................

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:41 pm

eddie wrote:That's okay. We prefer the Canadians, beautiful country, more class than the Americans and not so "Omg! Look at how much we can FEEL! And LOVE! Amd CRY!"

Yep. Those Canadians have a lot to teach you guys. Razz

If your attempt is to kick me in the shins, you picked the wrong thing.  I love the Canadians.  They are a noble lot, and their RCMP is the best.

Lol...I remember when I was trying to renew my passport before returning to Europe, and having trouble with the US State Department, I flew to Canada and had the RCMP in Port Authur process the application.  They get things done.

Last edited by Original Quill on Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:43 pm

nicko wrote:Some yanks have a very high opinion of them selves.

Well, with good reason. Thank god we are there to pick up after you guys. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:48 pm

Original Quill wrote:
nicko wrote:Some yanks have a very high opinion of them selves.

Well, with good reason.  Thank god we are there to pick up after you guys.  Rolling Eyes

Cleaners are paid very well over here.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:18 am

Lone Wolf wrote:Laughing

CLEANERS in England have to be relatively well paid !!! Cause there is not enough immigrants

JUST LOOK at all the "Verbal Diarrhoea" that they have to clean up everyday, especially after your typical "friendly" neighbourhood political discussions..

P.S. HITLER and Mussolini were extreme Right Wing fascist, racist and nationalist scumbag pig pig 's  ! a.k.a potential Ukip candidates geek

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:12 am

Back to the OP, you do NOT want to be like American red-state public schools. That's what the Internetz call "going full retard."

Also ...

I can see the confusion as to whether this is a PC move or not, but I'm inclined toward the "not" side. Yes, it's about a weird foreign culture where people have a funny non-English (whoops, sorry, non-American) language and worship funny gods, and yes, we lefties are always railing about how even those weirdos are people too, but at the end of the day? I think that denying an educational experience because of religious fundamentalism is kind of NOT lefty-ish. As the dude in the OP said, if you made this Christian and it happened in Alabama, you'd get a distinct whiff of the Tea Party.

Also: Canada's nice but notice how they cluster around the U.S. border?

Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’ Population-distribution-canada

There has to be a reason for that. I think they're probably just trying to warm themselves in the radiant glow of our supreme brilliance.

Oh ... I'm a Yankee Doodle cee ... word ... Yankee doodle do or die ... Learned about sex with my family farm pigs ... born on the Fourth of Julyyyyyyyy ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:06 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Back to the OP, you do NOT want to be like American red-state public schools. That's what the Internetz call "going full retard."

Also ...

I can see the confusion as to whether this is a PC move or not, but I'm inclined toward the "not" side. Yes, it's about a weird foreign culture where people have a funny non-English (whoops, sorry, non-American) language and worship funny gods, and yes, we lefties are always railing about how even those weirdos are people too, but at the end of the day? I think that denying an educational experience because of religious fundamentalism is kind of NOT lefty-ish. As the dude in the OP said, if you made this Christian and it happened in Alabama, you'd get a distinct whiff of the Tea Party.

Also: Canada's nice but notice how they cluster around the U.S. border?

Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’ Population-distribution-canada

There has to be a reason for that. I think they're probably just trying to warm themselves in the radiant glow of our supreme brilliance.

Oh ... I'm a Yankee Doodle cee ... word ... Yankee doodle do or die ... Learned about sex with my family farm pigs ... born on the Fourth of Julyyyyyyyy ...

no but bending so far over they can look at their own ass hole IS a lefty trait.....and they do it so much that they screw it up and fall over ...as in this case....

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:38 pm

@dark you keep saying left and then exposing nonsense that no one on the left believes or is the polar opposite like suggesting religious belief is LW (ok maybe in England but that place is full of morons:roll: Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes )

Clearly the Religious are the RW any denying that is just straight up lying.
Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’ Partyid-3
Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’ Partyid-4
Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’ Partyid-5
Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’ Partyid-6

the only religion mainly LW is Jews
Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’ Partyid-7
Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’ Partyid-8
http://www.pewforum.org/2012/02/02/trends-in-party-identification-of-religious-groups-affiliation/
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:45 pm

doh!! can you actually read??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:51 pm

I did agree with ben that religious fundyism aint lefty-ish.....

as in

no

followed by the point i make...that ......

but bending so far over they can look at their own ass hole IS a lefty trait.....and they do it so much that they screw it up and fall over ...as in this case...

perhaps sarcasm is beyond you too?

let me explain

the left are soo quick to bend over and pander to every little whim of johnny foreigner that they positively sink them selves in traps of their own making....

look at this for instance

and entire experience denied to many of many faihts and none.....to pander to one particular minority....

you couldnt make it up

politics of the left

the race to the lowest common denominator....

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:27 pm

No this is bureaucratic administration. Did anyone ask for this? No some dumb fuck took it on themselves to make a dumb ass rule.
IF they were really LW they would understand that this is NOT what multiculturalism is, this is a RW(or neither) fool trying to be sensitive thinking the only way to be nice to one is to be mean to the other rather than Just allow choice. (why do bureaucrats find this so hard Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’ 2396444674 Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’ 2396444674 Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’ 2396444674 )

My highschool offers 'scripture' in Catholicism Protestant Jewish Muslim Buddhism Hinduism and Secular humanism. because it IS multicultural and Not run by a moron (and it did that in the 90's when I was attending) so obviously Yeah I find this pretty annoying when people use an 'Idiot doing something stupid' to suggest that something I lived, enjoyed and believe I am a better person because of doesn't work.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:34 pm

veya_victaous wrote:No this is bureaucratic administration. Did anyone ask for this? No some dumb fuck took it on themselves to make a dumb ass rule.
IF they were really LW they would understand that this is NOT what multiculturalism is, this is a RW(or neither) fool trying to be sensitive thinking the only way to be nice to one is to be mean to the other rather than Just allow choice. (why do bureaucrats find this so hard  Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’ 2396444674  Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’ 2396444674  Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’ 2396444674 )

My highschool offers 'scripture' in Catholicism Protestant Jewish Muslim Buddhism Hinduism and Secular humanism. because it IS multicultural and Not run by a moron (and it did that in the 90's when I was attending) so obviously Yeah I find this pretty annoying when people use an 'Idiot doing something stupid' to suggest that something I lived, enjoyed and believe I am a better person because of doesn't work.

funny though innit...how the left are such "experts" at it... Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’ 3489511464 Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’ 3489511464 Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’ 3489511464

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:00 pm

experts at multiculturalism? not really they way I'd put it I'd say 'they are Multicultural'.
because strangely if you are the product of immigration and multiculturalism you generally support that which allows your life and family to exist. (since the RW are anti the things that allow you and your family to exist you're often anti RW hatred)

it's not being an expert is is just being it. if you are raised multicultural than YES all this seem fucking stupid and obviously someone that has no clue, probably never been real friends with people from another culture. maybe it is something you can only learn as a child Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:06 pm

another example is the term 'half caste'
most half castes are proud of being half caste
yet some people say it is some how disrespectful or a put down. those people are normally not half caste themselves
Fuck that I'm proud to be half caste like most half castes it is the embracing of both I like most half castes consider it a statement that I am more than just one thing, we are complex, we are 'free' of cultural dogma ,we are born being able to exist in multiple cultures yet separate with out own 3rd 'half caste' group.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:07 pm

veya_victaous wrote:experts at multiculturalism? not really they way I'd put it I'd say 'they are Multicultural'.
because strangely if you are the product of immigration and multiculturalism you generally support that which allows your life and family to exist. (since the RW are anti the things that allow you and your family to exist you're often anti RW hatred)

it's not being an expert is is just being it. if you are raised multicultural than YES all this seem fucking stupid and obviously someone that has no clue, probably never been real friends with people from another culture. maybe it is something you can only learn as a child Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

wouldnt know veya....

of the few "foreign extraction" kids I knew at school 4 were of polish descent...and great kids

one was of hungarian descent...and a brilliant guy who diesd WAYYYYYY too young

one was of some european descent....and hung himself in jail, having been locked up for raping the sister of the only cloured guy I knew at school.....

who was always in the heads office for something antisocial and usually violent........which explains the line above methinks...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:08 pm

veya_victaous wrote:another example is the term 'half caste'
most half castes are proud of being half caste
yet some people say it is some how disrespectful or a put down. those people are normally not half caste themselves
Fuck that I'm proud to be half caste like most half castes it is the embracing of both I like most half castes consider it a statement that I am more than just one thing, we are complex, we are 'free' of cultural dogma ,we are born being able to exist in multiple cultures yet separate with out own 3rd 'half caste' group.

my grand son is "half caste" Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:22 pm

@Vic
well your grandson will probably get it then Wink

Hope for the future of the UK cheers cheers cheers cheers
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:24 pm

yup pity his father is such an ass hole and couldnt keep his dick behind his zip outside of the home.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:22 am

Students banned from watching solar eclipse due to ‘religious and cultural reasons’ 30101

RW right-to-lifers will eventually ruin it for everybody.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down