NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parents Killed Baby Because Of "Religious Reasons"

3 posters

Go down

Parents Killed Baby Because Of "Religious Reasons" Empty Parents Killed Baby Because Of "Religious Reasons"

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:46 am

1st March 2014

Another joke sentence!

Please discuss.

The parents of a five-month old baby have been jailed after he died from RICKETS because of his poor diet.

Nkosiyapha Kunene, 36, and Virginia Kunene, 32, were sentenced to three years, and two years and three months respectively at the Old Bailey today for manslaughter.

Mr Justice Singh said: "The secular courts of this country apply the secular law of the land. They do so equally to all who come before them. The law respects the right of everyone to freedom of thought and belief.

"However the right to manifest one's religion is not absolute. It is limited in particular by the rights of others. The state has a particularly important duty to protect the right to life, especially when a young child is concerned."The couple, of Carlton Road, Erith, Kent, admitted the charge at earlier hearings.

The judge said Ndingeko was born on January 1 2012 and died in June 14 that year.

He was found to have been suffering from rickets resulting from severe Vitamin D deficiency.

The court heard the child was born at Darent Valley Hospital, Dartford.

From birth, he had medical problems, and the judge said it was emphasised on behalf of the couple that the vitamin D deficiency was not diagnosed at that stage, nor was Virginia Kunene given advice about taking supplements.

The mother did not attend a scheduled check up on March 8 and Ndingeko was not seen by a health care professional from then on to the day he died.

From April it was appreciated by the couple that their son was unwell, although his health fluctuated over the next two months.

"It is clear that, because of their own religious beliefs, the defendants did not in fact seek medical assistance."

The judge said that the couple are strict Seventh Day Adventists.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ndingeko-kunene-rickets-death-baby-3193560#ixzz2uhdXClz7

Back to top Go down

Parents Killed Baby Because Of "Religious Reasons" Empty Re: Parents Killed Baby Because Of "Religious Reasons"

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:53 am

BigAndy9 wrote:1st March 2014

Another joke sentence!

Please discuss.

The parents of a five-month old baby have been jailed after he died from RICKETS because of his poor diet.

Nkosiyapha Kunene, 36, and Virginia Kunene, 32, were sentenced to three years, and two years and three months respectively at the Old Bailey today for manslaughter.

Mr Justice Singh said: "The secular courts of this country apply the secular law of the land. They do so equally to all who come before them. The law respects the right of everyone to freedom of thought and belief.

"However the right to manifest one's religion is not absolute. It is limited in particular by the rights of others. The state has a particularly important duty to protect the right to life, especially when a young child is concerned."The couple, of Carlton Road, Erith, Kent, admitted the charge at earlier hearings.

The judge said Ndingeko was born on January 1 2012 and died in June 14 that year.

He was found to have been suffering from rickets resulting from severe Vitamin D deficiency.

The court heard the child was born at Darent Valley Hospital, Dartford.

From birth, he had medical problems, and the judge said it was emphasised on behalf of the couple that the vitamin D deficiency was not diagnosed at that stage, nor was Virginia Kunene given advice about taking supplements.

The mother did not attend a scheduled check up on March 8 and Ndingeko was not seen by a health care professional from then on to the day he died.

From April it was appreciated by the couple that their son was unwell, although his health fluctuated over the next two months.

"It is clear that, because of their own religious beliefs, the defendants did not in fact seek medical assistance."

The judge said that the couple are strict Seventh Day Adventists.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ndingeko-kunene-rickets-death-baby-3193560#ixzz2uhdXClz7

the sued b&b owners could not live their faith, so their is no excuse for this couple either...the law should be equal. Smile 

Back to top Go down

Parents Killed Baby Because Of "Religious Reasons" Empty Re: Parents Killed Baby Because Of "Religious Reasons"

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:57 am

No idea what that is supposed to mean father.

This couple are a bloody disgrace and so is the Judge - should have received 10 years each!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:01 am

BigAndy9 wrote:No idea what that is supposed to mean father.

This couple are a bloody disgrace and so is the Judge - should have received 10 years each!

I actually agree, that's what i was saying, the judge in the case of the b&b set a presidence that following your faith was not above law so it should continue in this case..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:28 am

What the hell sort of faith thinks that treating a baby like that is Gods will?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:45 am

NemsAgain wrote:What the hell sort of faith thinks that treating a baby like that is Gods will?!

absolute crazy people, I have no idea how they get that from the bible... Mad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:32 am

I expect they were using 'alternative therapies'!!!!!!

Obviously what the child really needed was Vitamin D, which the mother would not have known as she was not told. However, I do fail to see why, if the doctor knew the baby had rickets and wasn't being treated, he didn't inform someone.

Disgusting people, choosing their religion instead of their son's health.

Last edited by Sassy on Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:40 am

Five-month-old Ndingeko Kunene died of the disease, because his parents believed God would guide the family when it came to any matter that affected life

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ndingeko-kunene-rickets-death-baby-3193560#ixzz2ui5syoev

Therein lies the danger; such blind belief that you allow your own innocent child to die in pain and suffering Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:14 pm

feelthelove wrote:Five-month-old Ndingeko Kunene died of the disease, because his parents believed God would guide the family when it came to any matter that affected life

[size=10.399999618530273]http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ndingeko-kunene-rickets-death-baby-3193560#ixzz2ui5syoev [/size]

Therein lies the danger; such blind belief that you allow your own innocent child to die in pain and suffering Sad

just silly peoples ideas of what the bible does and does not say ... lke the JW'S turning down blood...madness..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:22 pm

Sassy wrote:I expect they were using 'alternative therapies'!!!!!!

Obviously what the child really needed was Vitamin D, which the mother would not have known as she was not told.   However, I do fail to see why, if the doctor knew the baby had rickets and wasn't being treated, he didn't inform someone.

Disgusting people, choosing their religion instead of their son's health.

I agree http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-469196/Women-hijabs-need-sunlight-risk-illness.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:21 pm

i would love to know on what part of the bible they claimed to have followed..

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:05 pm

They didn't kill the baby, the baby died of natural causes. I'm not sure why they didn't seek medical advice though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded fox Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:43 pm

I think we should all just get to the core issue here. There are a lot of stupid people in all faiths.
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:53 pm

A high percentage of the population suffer from Vitamin D deficiency. The only way to get all our requirements from the sun is to run around in bright sunlight naked all day (told to me by my endocrinologist). Vitamin D is oil soluble, which means you need to eat fat to absorb it. It is naturally found mainly in fish oils, fatty fish, and to a lesser extent in beef liver, cheese, egg yolks, and certain mushrooms.

I think there are very many people who would be quite surprised to find they are deficient if they had a blood test for vitamin D. Many babies who are breast fed don't get enough of it if the mother doesn't eat a lot of the above. Bottle fed babies have it in the dried milk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:36 am

Raggamuffin wrote:They didn't kill the baby, the baby died of natural causes. I'm not sure why they didn't seek medical advice though.

The husband told his wife it would be a sin, this is my point Parents Killed Baby Because Of "Religious Reasons" Wtf21blind faith  Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:18 am

feelthelove wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:They didn't kill the baby, the baby died of natural causes. I'm not sure why they didn't seek medical advice though.

The husband told his wife it would be a sin, this is my point Parents Killed Baby Because Of "Religious Reasons" Wtf21blind faith  Evil or Very Mad

did it say what scripture they based their decision on, I would like to know but guess i'll never know... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:14 pm

heavenly father wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

did it say what scripture they based their decision on, I would like to know but guess i'll never know... Smile 

No sorry Heavenly Father and why use this smiley Smile ??????

People like this give religion a bad press and after all a child has died  Sad there is no excuse for their decision regardless of scripture.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:32 pm

feelthelove wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

People like this give religion a bad press and after all a child has died  Sad there is no excuse for their decision regardless of scripture.

I agree there is no excuse for what they did but I would still like to know what scripture they thought was making them do it..

the Jw's actually came out of the effects of the 7th day Adventists and as we know the JW's still have issues with blood donors...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:43 pm

heavenly father wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

I agree there is no excuse for what they did but I would still like to know what scripture they thought was making them do it..

the Jw's actually came out of the effects of the 7th day Adventists and as we know the JW's still have issues with blood donors...

I know only one JW and he's the sweetest, kindest guy I've ever met. He's never forced his religion on me but happy to share when I ask questions. He's never demonstrated prejudice or judgement that I've witnessed. He's happy to accept people as they are  I love you 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:49 pm

feelthelove wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

I know only one JW and he's the sweetest, kindest guy I've ever met.  He's never forced his religion on me but happy to share when I ask questions. He's never demonstrated prejudice or judgement that I've witnessed. He's happy to accept people as they are  I love you 

so he doesn't go door to door then... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:51 pm

heavenly father wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

I know only one JW and he's the sweetest, kindest guy I've ever met.  He's never forced his religion on me but happy to share when I ask questions. He's never demonstrated prejudice or judgement that I've witnessed. He's happy to accept people as they are  I love you 

How does door to door relate to my post Heavenly Father? Parents Killed Baby Because Of "Religious Reasons" Confus34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:53 pm

feelthelove wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

How does door to door relate to my post Heavenly Father? Parents Killed Baby Because Of "Religious Reasons" Confus34

if he goes door to door he forces his religion on people.. Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:19 pm

@hf and FTL
While I think JW are idiots like all other monothiests, I have found them the most willing and knowledgable on theological debate. And one of the better at accepting their beliefs are for themsleves and dont expect others to follow their maddness. They cannot force it on someone esle only suggest it.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:18 pm

veya_victaous wrote:@hf and FTL
While I think JW are idiots like all other monothiests, I have found them the most willing and knowledgable on theological debate. And one of the better at accepting their beliefs are for themsleves and dont expect others to follow their maddness. They cannot force it on someone esle only suggest it.

Veya, I love you  I love you I don't agree with my JW friend's opinions BUT he has never ever judged. He's committed to his faith and I admire his strength.  He's never once mentioned his religion other than when I've asked questions. You wouldn't have known.

He demonstrates to me what religion should be, he lives his life the way he wants to without hurting others or judging. Live and let live.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down