NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

racists chants at russian football match

Go down

racists chants at russian football match Empty racists chants at russian football match

Post by Guest Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:56 pm

Manchester City's Yaya Toure wants action on racist chants
Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure is "furious" and wants Uefa to act on racist chanting after claiming he was targeted by home fans during his side's 2-1 victory at CSKA Moscow.

The Ivory Coast international said he told referee Ovidiu Hategan about the chants as City came from behind to win the Champions League Group D tie.

City, for whom Sergio Aguero scored twice, will make a complaint to Uefa.

Toure said: "I'm not just disappointed, I'm furious."
In May, Uefa announced that for racist incidents involving spectators, a partial stadium closure for the first offence and a full stadium closure for a second, coupled with a fine of 50,000 euros (£42,800), would be applied.

Toure added: "It's not only in Eastern Europe and I have some friends who have had problems, too.

"It's stupid. It just happens in football. As an African player, it is always sad when you hear something like that."

Piara Powar, who heads the organisation Football Against Racism in Europe, said: "It's taken a long time but we are seeing some movement on the sanctions side.

"In terms of education, I don't know how long it's going to take, to educate fans like we've seen at CSKA. We need governments to intervene."

Speaking to 5 live he added: "The key thing here is Yaya Toure did what he should do: approach the referee and tell him about it.

"That means that technically the Uefa process is triggered. The referee will have to mention it to the Uefa delegate at the match, he will put it in his report and Uefa will then have to charge CSKA."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24647259

educate ? you cannot ' educate' these morons , simply ban them for life.

Back to top Go down

racists chants at russian football match Empty Re: racists chants at russian football match

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:46 am

Agreed, they can't be taught anything because to learn is to humble yourself, and when you think you're superior (racially), the most humiliating thing you could do would be to open yourself up to the idea that you're not.

That's why when things happen like an American skinhead rejecting racism and becoming an anti-racist leader, it makes news -- because it's very rare.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

racists chants at russian football match Empty Re: racists chants at russian football match

Post by Guest Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:38 pm

Didge wrote:Manchester City's Yaya Toure wants action on racist chants
Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure is "furious" and wants Uefa to act on racist chanting after claiming he was targeted by home fans during his side's 2-1 victory at CSKA Moscow.

The Ivory Coast international said he told referee Ovidiu Hategan about the chants as City came from behind to win the Champions League Group D tie.

City, for whom Sergio Aguero scored twice, will make a complaint to Uefa.

Toure said: "I'm not just disappointed, I'm furious."
In May, Uefa announced that for racist incidents involving spectators, a partial stadium closure for the first offence and a full stadium closure for a second, coupled with a fine of 50,000 euros (£42,800), would be applied.

Toure added: "It's not only in Eastern Europe and I have some friends who have had problems, too.

"It's stupid. It just happens in football. As an African player, it is always sad when you hear something like that."

Piara Powar, who heads the organisation Football Against Racism in Europe, said: "It's taken a long time but we are seeing some movement on the sanctions side.

"In terms of education, I don't know how long it's going to take, to educate fans like we've seen at CSKA. We need governments to intervene."

Speaking to 5 live he added: "The key thing here is Yaya Toure did what he should do: approach the referee and tell him about it.

"That means that technically the Uefa process is triggered. The referee will have to mention it to the Uefa delegate at the match, he will put it in his report and Uefa will then have to charge CSKA."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24647259

educate ? you cannot ' educate' these morons , simply ban them for life.
Didge.....I know that our politics differ but you are right there and you do a sterling job on holding these morons to account! cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down