NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US Gov't Shutdown Insanity

2 posters

Go down

US Gov't Shutdown Insanity  Empty US Gov't Shutdown Insanity

Post by veya_victaous Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:45 am

http://www.news.com.au/business/markets/us-anxious-and-angry-over-us-government-shutdown/story-e6frfm30-1226731216798

Quite a lot of numbers in the article
but I like the prediction in the Video Laughing Laughing 

So... good Hunting my American friends Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

US Gov't Shutdown Insanity  Empty Re: US Gov't Shutdown Insanity

Post by veya_victaous Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:48 am

Whats really insane is
http://www.news.com.au/technology/sci-tech/happy-birthday-nasa-shut-it-down/story-fn5fsgyc-1226731242175

WTF
you can't shutdown NASA!!!!!
Particularly when
"Right now there are 12 astronauts on the moon, and four rovers on Mars, There are six astronauts living on the International Space Station performing routine maintenance on the ISS and the Hubble telescope and 16 satellites are observing the US and seven spacecrafts are orbiting the sun."

If you ever though yopur employer didn't give a shit, spare a thought for those 18 astronauts the Republicans are happy to leave in space affraid affraid affraid
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:34 am

What we are witnessing is essentially the Republican Party getting on national TV, putting a gun to its head and pulling the trigger. They have spent more than three years demonizing Obamacare -- which attracted over a million people to its web market before 7 a.m. this morning! -- and now people will wonder whatever happened to their doomsday predictions.

People will soon be insured at much lower costs (my premiums are dropping significantly) and with better care (I almost had to laugh when I heard the multitude of new perks in my plan). This is going to be POPULAR. It's modeled after the same plan that Mitt Romney passed when he was governor of Massachusetts, and that currently enjoys an 84 percent approval rating. Try getting 84 percent of Americans to agree anything besides sex and pizza are good!

And this is just the latest, final phase of the roll-out. Obamacare has quite literally already saved lives.

Finally, the shutdown will be blamed on the Republicans -- there's absolutely no doubt. The GOP doesn't seem to understand it lost this perception war before it even began, because you could ask the least-informed American voter about the two parties and he'd say, "Well, everybody says the Democrats are for big government and the Republicans are for small government." Nobody is going to buy the idea that the supposedly government-loving Democrats shut down the government. It doesn't help that the Republicans literally cannot wipe the smiles off their faces as 800,000 people get furloughed.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:37 am

Just wanted to quote a powerful section from the article I linked above:

“Governor Romney says people like me were most excited about President Obama the day we voted for him. But that’s not true. Not even close. For me, there was the day the Affordable Care Act passed, and I no longer had to worry about getting Zoe the care she needed. There was a day the letter arrived from the insurance company saying our daughter’s lifetime cap had been lifted. There was the day the Supreme Court upheld Obamacare.”

The audience swelled with applause, making it difficult to hear Mrs. Lihn when she said “And like so many moms with sick kids, I shed tears.”

Then, she went in for the kill. “If Mitt Romney becomes president, and Obamacare is repealed, there’s a good chance she’ll hit her lifetime cap,” Mrs. Lihn continued, as a baby could actually be heard crying offstage, “There’s no way we could afford to pay for all of the care she needs to survive. When you have a sick child, it’s always in the back of your mind and sometimes, in the front of your mind. On top of that, worrying that people would let an insurance company take away her health care just because of politics? One in one 100 children are born with a congenital heart defect. President Obama is fighting for them. He’s fighting for families like mine, and we need to fight for him.”
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:59 pm

Well the USA needed 'Obamacare' in my opinion just to be able to keep calling it's self a civilized nation, so it's really good that you now have something.

I wonder if it will keep getting called Obamacare after he leaves office? if so then the republicans may have unwittingly giving him a fantastic legacy.

Do Democrats get two presidents in row often? since Obama cant run again Question 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:41 pm

US Gov't Shutdown Insanity  Bvhnsl10
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:43 pm

http://www.news.com.au/business/markets/unexpected-ways-the-us-govt-shutdown-affects-you/story-e6frfm30-1226731618894

Wont someone think of the Pandas Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 
or Appreciators of public fountains Sad Sad Sad 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:04 am

I agree, and I think that when you do something like this and see that it works, it opens the door for even better enhancements later on -- maybe someday we'll have a public option or even single-payer. We finally were able to overcome generations of fear-mongering about changing our health care system, typified by this gem from 1961:

* In the past 30 years or so, the Republicans have actually been better at getting consecutive presidencies, but I think that will change, considering how different they are now even compared to the Bush years. In fact, former Bush speechwriter David Frum said in 2008 that there's now an entire generation of Americans who will be voting "against George W. Bush" for the rest of their lives, and they certainly haven't made it better. If you forced me to vote for either George W. Bush or choose from a field that included Sarah Palin, Ted Cruz, Rick Santorum and Michelle Bachmann, I'd have to pick Bush. The GOP just has no real leaders any more, and I think the proof of that is that Romney was their best candidate last year.

* I for one intend to call it Obamacare the rest of my life! Put it this way -- if conservatives had done this in the 1930s, we might be calling Social Security "FDR-care" now. Yeah, I think they shot themselves in the foot with that move.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:48 am

Facebook post by a Republican friend:

I've seen people on Facebook fretting about what the world thinks of us re: healthcare/shutdown. Who cares what they think? We're still the most-awesome doublewide in the global trailer park.
... says the guy who probably farts in crowded elevators.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down