NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Islam in Italy: Muslim with traditional clothes and Koran insulted and shouted at in Milan

5 posters

Go down

Islam in Italy: Muslim with traditional clothes and Koran insulted and shouted at in Milan  Empty Islam in Italy: Muslim with traditional clothes and Koran insulted and shouted at in Milan

Post by Guest Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:49 am

A student in Italy dressed in traditional Arabic clothing appears to have been the subject of a string of derogatory comments as the public’s reaction to his appearance was caught on camera.

Hamdy Mahisen, who is of Egyptian origin, attracted stares and insults as he walked around Milan for five hours, while holding a Koran in one hand and prayer beads in the other for a social experiment.

Groups of teenage girls and boys do not hide their astonishment at the sight of his appearance and openly stare, laugh and turn round to look at him in the footage as he walks past.

Italy is currently on high-alert after a warning that Libyan militants inspired by Isis could make their way into Europe through the country.

This has fuelled Islamophobia and anti-immigrant sentiment towards refugees who have fled Africa before setting off on treacherous journeys across the Mediterranean to Italy in unsafe and overcrowded boats.

On a high street, someone sneers “Taliban s***” while, even more disturbingly, a woman pushing a pram with a baby in it seems to turn around as he walks by her to shout: “Taliban!”

A person within a small group of young men, in the video also published yesterday by Italian newspaper Repubblica, says “guys, you just missed the imam.”

Thirty-year-old Hamdy, who speaks Italian fluently and lives in the city with his parents, was dressed in a traditional long white cotton robe commonly worn by mainly Muslim men in Arab countries – and not just imams – with a white cap.

While passing through an indoor shopping piazza, someone could be heard saying “s***, have you seen the Isis?”

A man standing near Hamdy at a tramstop makes the remark: “Look, he has got the Koran. Think he’s got a gun under his tunic?”

The comments are indicative of the levels of Islamophobia and racism that Muslims and those from other ethnicities can encounter in Italy.

Aicha Mesrar, a 45-year-old Moroccan-born politician, fled the country after 23 years of living there due to fears over her children’s safety after a series of death threats.

The local councillor was the first woman to wear a hijab in city hall as she held down her job for the Democratic Party in Rovereto, northern Italy.

This week, female students at six colleges in the Friuli-Venezia Giulia region of Italy have been banned from wearing the hijab – according to local paper Messaggero Veneto.

One headmaster called Aldo Duri, of a technical college with many students of Arab origin, have been told that “outward signs of religion can be seen as provocation”.

“Friction and insults that were fairly innocent between the Islamic community and the natives are now loaded with new meaning,” he was quoted by Trieste Prima as saying.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/islam-in-italy-Muslim-with-traditional-clothes-and-koran-insulted-and-shouted-at-in-milan-10056246.html

ISIL fuels Islamophobia, Israel fuel anti-Semitism.

Back to top Go down

Islam in Italy: Muslim with traditional clothes and Koran insulted and shouted at in Milan  Empty Re: Islam in Italy: Muslim with traditional clothes and Koran insulted and shouted at in Milan

Post by Original Quill Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:16 pm

A lot of Islamophobia around Europe these days.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Islam in Italy: Muslim with traditional clothes and Koran insulted and shouted at in Milan  Empty Re: Islam in Italy: Muslim with traditional clothes and Koran insulted and shouted at in Milan

Post by veya_victaous Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:24 am

a lot of racism in general it seems
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:41 pm

Original Quill wrote:A lot of Islamophobia around Europe these days.

A lot of terrorism that explains it around too

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:51 pm

The eternal cry of the racist.

Funny how it doesn't apply to us after we have brought about the deaths of 100s of 1000s of men, women, children and babies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:07 pm

Bee, the all-encompassing term is Bigotry. Race, sex, age, religion, color or national origin all have forms of bigotry. However, not all forms of differential treatment amount to bigotry. There must be a history coupled with a sense of superiority and entitlement.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:30 pm

Original Quill wrote:Bee, the all-encompassing term is Bigotry.  Race, sex, age, religion, color or national origin all have forms of bigotry.  However, not all forms of differential treatment amount to bigotry.  There must be a history coupled with a sense of superiority and entitlement.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

so I'm not bigoted or racsit then

I just hate everyone...equally, but feel no "superiority or expect any greater entitlement"

I just dont give a hoot.....

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:34 pm

darknessss wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Bee, the all-encompassing term is Bigotry.  Race, sex, age, religion, color or national origin all have forms of bigotry.  However, not all forms of differential treatment amount to bigotry.  There must be a history coupled with a sense of superiority and entitlement.

I just hate everyone...equally, but feel no "superiority or expect any greater entitlement"

Well, it depends on how you feel about blacks, Muslims, gays, women, seniors, Hispanics...and the list goes on. They are the ones with the history and the stigma.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:04 pm

What about black cats, they get terrible write ups?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:48 am

nicko wrote:What about black cats,  they get terrible write ups?

Yeah, my girl is black, tho she has some white. So sure, cats can be discriminated against.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:39 pm

darknessss wrote:

I can only speak for myself of course, but I haven't brought about anyone's death. I am convinced by Darknesss argument, it is the most compelling and honest

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:46 pm

Nems wrote:
darknessss wrote:

I can only speak for myself of course, but I haven't brought about anyone's death. I am convinced by Darknesss argument, it is the most compelling and honest

Yeah, if you believed it. As for Vic's thesis: doesn't hate everyone...check. Feels superiority...check. Gives a hoot...check.

The nice thing about being privileged is you can deny privilege. Of course, if someone takes it away, they scream about their rights. If someone takes it away from some others, they scold that you've gotta work to earrn that. We are all selfish...it's just how you express it.

That's the reason why history is important. If history has smiled on you (white people), you have already received your privilege. You deny it, but that's bullshit. You say, 'it doesn't feel like privelege', but you've never sat in the chair of the unprivileged.

All that's left for you is to scream foul whenever someone else gets what you got...in the very way that you got it. Through privilege.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:12 pm

Italy and a number of other countries appeared to be involved in Islamophobia along with phobias against other religions. Religions should be not have the power of control it has always had and governments should have independent every day people to review their actions, for the people! Maybe then we can start to focus on the banks, an wheedle out the corrupt politicians etc. But the MSM will keep on spouting all this religious, racial divide with the usual hatred and continue to draw all that listens attention away from high profile crimes committed, which will always be covered up or shut down by high profile people in positions of trust. Islam in Italy: Muslim with traditional clothes and Koran insulted and shouted at in Milan  3296370939
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down