NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever want to warn children about the dangers of Fireworks? Then watch this:

5 posters

Go down

Ever want to warn children about the dangers of Fireworks? Then watch this: Empty Ever want to warn children about the dangers of Fireworks? Then watch this:

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:06 am

And here's another - never throw a lit firework in a manhole cover. Why? Because this might happen.

The unfortunate little chap was left with a bruised face and a bloody leg after the incident which occurred in the Henan Province of China.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/02/16/boy-firecracker-manhole-china_n_6691944.html?utm_hp_ref=uk-news

Back to top Go down

Ever want to warn children about the dangers of Fireworks? Then watch this: Empty Re: Ever want to warn children about the dangers of Fireworks? Then watch this:

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:38 am

Fireworks are fine and fun if you know how to be safe around them ... if you don't, you shouldn't mess with them. That said, sorry for this guy's injuries, because we all get to be stupid sometimes.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Ever want to warn children about the dangers of Fireworks? Then watch this: Empty Re: Ever want to warn children about the dangers of Fireworks? Then watch this:

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:43 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Fireworks are fine and fun if you know how to be safe around them ... if you don't, you shouldn't mess with them. That said, sorry for this guy's injuries, because we all get to be stupid sometimes.

They are first and foremost dangerous Ben.
They are fun when used with the respect they should be given by being mindful of their dangers.
This is a good example of not respecting they can be dangerous.
Yes they can be fun, but as seen, they will end up biting you in the arse if you do not respect they are dangerous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:45 am

Brasidas wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Fireworks are fine and fun if you know how to be safe around them ... if you don't, you shouldn't mess with them. That said, sorry for this guy's injuries, because we all get to be stupid sometimes.

They are first and foremost dangerous Ben.
They are fun when used with the respect they should be given by being mindful of their dangers.
This is a good example of not respecting they can be dangerous.
Yes they can be fun, but as seen, they will end up biting you in the arse if you do not respect they are dangerous.

I agree, and being from Texas I'll just add, fireworks don't mix well with alcohol. You know the famous last words of every dead redneck, right? "Y'all hold my beer and check this out."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:18 am

Im such a bad person I giggled
Nice to see the adult present being sensible
Tool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:20 am

Oh I laughed Nems, I am sure most will, because it was funny, more I guess because he was not badly hurt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:47 pm

That's exactly how mishaps happen with firearms, too.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:51 pm

Read somewhere that most injuries to children from Fireworks were caused by them picking up "Sparklers". Apparently they burn at around 400 degrees and when finished and thrown on the ground hold the heat for some time.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:18 pm

nicko wrote:Read somewhere that most injuries to children from Fireworks were caused by them picking up "Sparklers".  Apparently they burn at around 400 degrees and when finished and thrown on the ground hold the heat for some time.

We always have a bucket of water to drop them in

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:40 pm

Nems wrote:
nicko wrote:Read somewhere that most injuries to children from Fireworks were caused by them picking up "Sparklers".  Apparently they burn at around 400 degrees and when finished and thrown on the ground hold the heat for some time.

We always have a bucket of water to drop them in

correct. we've seen too many fires out here because people think they're out and just throw them on the ground. why AZ allows private fireworks in the first place had always been mindboggling Sad
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:53 pm

Fireworks should be banned except for properly organised shows hosted by responsible people and only allowed on one or two days of the year. The noise they make should be lowered considerably, my Daughters dog has hysterics and is physicaly sick whenever loud bangs are heard. The effects on wildlife can only be imagined. Over in Britain the noise starts around early October and carries on well after bonfire night has ended.In my opinion it should be banned completely.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:35 pm

nicko wrote:Fireworks should be banned except for properly organised shows hosted by responsible people and only allowed on one or two days of the year.  The noise they make should be lowered considerably, my Daughters dog has hysterics and is physicaly  sick whenever loud bangs are heard. The effects on wildlife can only be imagined. Over in Britain the noise starts around early October and carries on well after bonfire night has ended.In my opinion it should be banned completely.

I agree Nicko. Properly organised shows only.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:18 pm

nicko wrote:Fireworks should be banned except for properly organised shows hosted by responsible people and only allowed on one or two days of the year.  The noise they make should be lowered considerably, my Daughters dog has hysterics and is physicaly  sick whenever loud bangs are heard. The effects on wildlife can only be imagined. Over in Britain the noise starts around early October and carries on well after bonfire night has ended.In my opinion it should be banned completely.

nice to see someone else with some sense about these bloody things.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:45 pm

darknessss wrote:

nice to see someone else with some sense about these bloody things.....

I agree boys n eds. we get it twice 4th July and new years eve. I don't mind the town shows where they have firefighters on duty and trained people doing it - its the sale of private ones that gets me pissed off. you can buy them in a grocery store when you pick up a loaf of bread or at a gas station when you fill up, we even have special stands sat next to the highway. its ridiculous in a state that suffers every year from devastating fires that are usually man made. its sheer and utter stupidity and NOT an infringement of peoples rights if you ban them. For instance - in a very dry year the municipal show will go on but the letting off of private fireworks is banned by city/county/state ordinance BUT you can still buy them!!!! Well yes that is sure to stop some asshats from setting them off isn't it?
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:11 am

Cass like most things nowadays - less is more, or we just get too much of everything imo!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:22 am

A bit off subject but something needs to be done about these "Chinese Lanterns" that are being sent up in the air with no idea where they will finish up" I live next to a farm and know for a fact that cattle and sheep are being killed with them ingesting bits of the wire frames they contain.They are also responsible for many fires being started. One massive fire caused by one of these Lanterns landing on a stack of plastic being stored for recycling lasted for days pumping out toxic fumes over a wide area. BAN them.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:43 pm

nicko wrote:A bit off subject but something needs to be done about these "Chinese Lanterns" that are being sent up in the air with no idea where they will finish up" I live next to a farm and know for a fact that cattle and sheep are being killed with them ingesting bits of the wire frames they contain.They are also responsible for many fires being started. One massive fire caused by one of these Lanterns landing on a stack of plastic being stored for recycling lasted for days pumping out toxic fumes over a wide area. BAN them.

I agree.

the Japanese used similar types of lanterns/balloons with incidenary bombs in WW2.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:01 pm

Cass wrote:
nicko wrote:A bit off subject but something needs to be done about these "Chinese Lanterns" that are being sent up in the air with no idea where they will finish up"  I live next to a farm and know for a fact that cattle and sheep are being killed with them ingesting bits of the wire frames they contain.They are also responsible for many fires being started. One massive fire caused by one of these Lanterns landing on a stack of plastic being stored for recycling lasted for days pumping out toxic fumes over a wide area.    BAN them.

I agree.

the Japanese used similar types of lanterns/balloons with incidenary bombs in WW2.

Wiki wrote:With no evidence of any effect, General Kusaba was ordered to cease operations in April 1945, believing that the mission had been a total fiasco

The bombs did kill a pregnant woman and 5-children in May, 1945, who were picnicking in Oregon. One such bomb made it as far as Wyoming, but failed to explode.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:10 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Cass wrote:

I agree.

Wiki wrote:With no evidence of any effect, General Kusaba was ordered to cease operations in April 1945, believing that the mission had been a total fiasco

The bombs did kill a pregnant woman and 5-children in May, 1945, who were picnicking in Oregon. One such bomb made it as far as Wyoming, but failed to explode.

yup those are the ones.....I also seem to remember that quite a lot of fires were set off up and down the west coast but only miss of lifecwas as you mentioned. they didn't quite have the effect that the High Command wanted. I think they were battery operated.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:09 pm

Cass wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

The bombs did kill a pregnant woman and 5-children in May, 1945, who were picnicking in Oregon.  One such bomb made it as far as Wyoming, but failed to explode.

yup those are the ones.....I also seem to remember that quite a lot of fires were set off up and down the west coast but only miss of lifecwas as you mentioned. they didn't quite have the effect that the High Command wanted. I think they were battery operated.

That was the fear, but I don't know if we know the fires actually took place.  The problem is that US government had a blackout on news about the floating bombs for fear of causing panic.  So, during the war we never found out.

Even if the floating bombs were effective, the forest fires in the northwest are so common that cause and origin is difficult to ascertain even today, with modern forensic techniques.  After the war they were considered a Japanese joke...which merged with the general feeling about the Japanese: that they made cheap products that didn't work.  "Must be Jap" was a common phrase used when a cigarette lighter didn't light.

But the fact that we know about the two incidents, means at least some of the floating bombs made it. That was pretty extraordinary in and of itself.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down