NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some US news networks try to say that fireworks let off here in UK last week were because we were celebrating the Biden win

+4
Maddog
Syl
Original Quill
Tommy Monk
8 posters

Go down

Some US news networks try to say that fireworks let off here in UK last week were because we were celebrating the Biden win Empty Some US news networks try to say that fireworks let off here in UK last week were because we were celebrating the Biden win

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:52 pm

‘MORONS’! Brits Chuckle at ABC (CNN, MSNBC) Considering UK Fireworks Have been for Biden!

London’s Each day Mail reported ABC News bungled in its pro-Biden bias over the weekend, claiming they had been celebrating Biden’s obvious victory with fireworks:

“Fireworks lit up the night time sky over London, England, after Joe Biden was characterised to be the obvious winner of the presidential election,” the supposedly worldly community wrote on social media in a since-deleted Tweet.

http://andersonpressnews.com/morons-brits-laugh-at-abc-cnn-msnbc-thinking-uk-fireworks-were-for-biden/

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Some US news networks try to say that fireworks let off here in UK last week were because we were celebrating the Biden win Empty Re: Some US news networks try to say that fireworks let off here in UK last week were because we were celebrating the Biden win

Post by Original Quill Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:20 pm

There is dancing in the streets here, too tom.  I really think people felt threatened by Trump, and they are so relieved that he lost.

Some US news networks try to say that fireworks let off here in UK last week were because we were celebrating the Biden win 11072020_12345678912_150456-1020x708

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Some US news networks try to say that fireworks let off here in UK last week were because we were celebrating the Biden win Empty Re: Some US news networks try to say that fireworks let off here in UK last week were because we were celebrating the Biden win

Post by Syl Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:01 am

Maybe some Americans have never heard of Guy Fawkes. scratch
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:40 am

Syl wrote:Maybe some Americans have never heard of Guy Fawkes. scratch

Most Americans have no clue.

But folks in the media used to be a bit smarter.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:30 pm

Maddog wrote:

I don't want to insult any Americans, but I did note when I posted on the DD forum, where I was the only Brit, that so many of the posters, really lovely though they were, had no idea of life outside their own country.
I was asked more than once if I had known Princess Diana...they seemed to think England was a village.

It was also surprising how few of them had passports.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:42 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I don't want to insult any Americans, but I did note when I posted on the DD forum, where I was the only Brit, that so many of the posters, really lovely though they were, had no idea of life outside their own country.
I was asked more than once if I had known Princess Diana...they seemed to think England was a village.

I got that when I lived in Europe, too.  People would say, do you know my cousin in New York??  It was as if all the world is a small village.

Funny thing, when I was in Izmir Turkey one time, I heard someone calling my name over and over.  When I looked, I saw an old friend from Los Angeles running toward me, trying to catch up.  I know it's the reverse of do you know my cousin in New York, but rare connections do happen.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:56 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

We didnt haVe passports for years because we could travel to Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean without one. And of course our gigantic country that included Alaska and Hawaii. Most Americans never travel outside of those areas (unless they are in the military), although more and more seem to be lately.

My kids have traveled more than me.

But Americans are woefully misinformed about their own country, let alone others.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:12 pm

I not sure that many Brits know about Guy Fawkes any more, well not the bonfire night part anyway.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:24 pm

Vintage wrote:I not sure that many Brits know about Guy Fawkes any more, well not the bonfire night part anyway.

Odd that the one historical figure that can happily be burnt down is perhaps one of the few that wont be in future. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:34 pm

Yep, maybe in years to come it'll be topple an historic racist/bigot/phobe statue night with fireworks.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:01 pm

Maddog wrote:

Yes... And thanks to a couple of US news broadcasters, millions of Americans now think that the population of the UK were celebrating the Biden win by letting off loads of fireworks IP and down the country!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:48 pm

Well, a lot of fireworks went off in my neighborhood the night Biden was projected to be the winner, and that was a few days after Bonfire Night. I'm not saying I know people were celebrating Biden's win, but there were fewer fireworks the night before he won, and a lot the night he won.

Maybe people were just in a good mood, for whatever reason Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

eddie and Original Quill like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:05 pm

We had a conversation the other night about how fireworks are now let off here for about a week around about Nov 5th.
They used to be used either on the actual night itself, or the nearest weekend night, when lot's of organised displays were held.

Maybe people like to drag it out more now....but for the sake of the animals I bloody wish they wouldn't. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:15 pm

Vintage wrote:I not sure that many Brits know about Guy Fawkes any more, well not the bonfire night part anyway.

They still teach children in school about Guy Fawkes.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:23 pm

Yep, my stepdaughter knows all about how he tried to blow up Parliament and was executed. It was kind of strange listening to her recite the grisly details at age six!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:27 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Yep, my stepdaughter knows all about how he tried to blow up Parliament and was executed. It was kind of strange listening to her recite the grisly details at age six!

"Immortalized in this nursery rhyme, the Gunpowder Plot is introduced early into the young minds of children throughout the United Kingdom.

Remember, remember the fifth of November,
Gunpowder treason and plot.
We see no reason
Why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot!

Guy Fawkes, guy, t'was his intent
To blow up king and parliament.
Three score barrels were laid below
To prove old England's overthrow.

By god's mercy he was catch'd
With a darkened lantern and burning match.
So, holler boys, holler boys, Let the bells ring.
Holler boys, holler boys, God save the king.

And what shall we do with him?
Burn him!"

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:45 pm

I only knew the first stanza! Brilliant poem.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:43 pm

Guy Fawkes was right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:44 pm

5th November...proof of Britains habit of celebrating failure....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:16 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Well, a lot of fireworks went off in my neighborhood the night Biden was projected to be the winner, and that was a few days after Bonfire Night. I'm not saying I know people were celebrating Biden's win, but there were fewer fireworks the night before he won, and a lot the night he won.

Maybe people were just in a good mood, for whatever reason Smile

They say timing is everything. Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down