NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Palestinian state is a 'fantasy', says son of Hamas founder

Go down

Palestinian state is a 'fantasy', says son of Hamas founder Empty Palestinian state is a 'fantasy', says son of Hamas founder

Post by Guest Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:00 pm

The son of a founding member of Hamas, who worked as a spy for Israel’s security service for a decade, has denounced Palestinian state-building as nothing more than a “fantasy”.
Mosab Hassan Yousef, the eldest son and expected heir to Sheikh Hassan Yousef, one of Hamas’ foremost leaders in the West Bank, said that governments pushing for a Palestinian state are “playing with fire”.
Mr Yousef, 36, was nick-named the “Green Prince” after he was recruited to work for the Shin Bet, Israel’s internal security service, age 17.

He was considered to be one of Israel’s most valuable sources operating from inside the Hamas leadership, and his recruitment was kept a secret even within the Shin Bet.
But after emigrating to America in 2007, where he claimed political asylum, Mr Yousef decided to reveal his identity and publish his memoirs.

The goal was to share what I witnessed,” he told The Telegraph.
"I know that it is very hard for the average person to see clearly what is happening.
"I came from the heart of the leadership of Hamas, the heart of the Palestinian decision making. I sat down with Yasser Arafat, with all the top leaders of the Palestinian factions.
“On the other hand I worked with the Israeli intelligence. I saw the other side. I saw their struggle as well.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/11245832/Palestinian-state-is-a-fantasy-says-son-of-Hamas-founder.html

Very interesting article from someone who has seen both sides of the equation.

Back to top Go down