NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why a Cap on Immigration Would Damage our Creative Industries

Go down

Why a Cap on Immigration Would Damage our Creative Industries Empty Why a Cap on Immigration Would Damage our Creative Industries

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:39 pm

You don't have to be very politically minded to know that when it comes to British politics there are two things on everyone's mind at the moment: leaving the EU and controlling immigration.

Numerous people have come forward to say there should be a cap on foreigners coming into the country as it's having a negative impact on our economy

I am no expert in politics and the way I see it the whole argument for and against immigration and EU membership is way too complex for any one person to discuss in a single article, but as a small business owner working in fashion there is one area that I haven't heard people talk about in the debate and that's the creative industries.

London specifically is a major destination for creative talent across the world to come and try and make it in their chosen careers. Our creative industries are some of the best in the world, not to mention worth in excess of £70billion a year to the economy and that's thanks to the ability of people from across the EU and indeed the world to congregate here and pool their talent. Any measures to restrict workers coming into the country to work in these fields is going to have a drastic impact on both the industry and the economy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/neely-reyes/immigration-cap_b_6107060.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down