NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative people physically see and process the world differently

2 posters

Go down

Creative people physically see and process the world differently Empty Creative people physically see and process the world differently

Post by Guest Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:41 pm

If you’re the kind of person who relishes adventure, you may literally see the world differently. People who are open to new experiences can take in more visual information than other people and combine it in unique ways. This may explain why they tend to be particularly creative.

Openness to experience is one of the “big five” traits often used to describe personality. It is characterised by curiosity, creativity and an interest in exploring new things. Open people tend to do well at tasks that test our ability to come up with creative ideas, such as imagining new uses for everyday objects like bricks, mugs or table tennis balls.

There’s some evidence that people with a greater degree of openness also have better visual awareness. For example, when focusing on letters moving on a screen, they are more likely to notice a grey square appearing elsewhere on the display.

Now Anna Antinori at the University of Melbourne in Australia and her team are showing that people who score more highly when it comes to the openness trait “see” more possibilities. “They seem to have a more flexible gate for the visual information that breaks through into their consciousness,” Antinori says.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2127804-creative-people-physically-see-and-process-the-world-differently/

Back to top Go down

Creative people physically see and process the world differently Empty Re: Creative people physically see and process the world differently

Post by eddie Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:54 pm

My mum hasn't a creative bone in her body and she could literally walk past a person with bright geeen hair wearing a clown outfit and not even notice.

It irritates me that she fails to simply not notice anything. It's not like she's being distracted by brilliant ideas or anything, she just simply doesn't notice anything.
I find it lazy, actually.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Creative people physically see and process the world differently Empty Re: Creative people physically see and process the world differently

Post by Syl Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:00 pm

eddie wrote:My mum hasn't a creative bone in her body and she could literally walk past a person with bright geeen hair wearing a clown outfit and not even notice.

It irritates me that she fails to simply not notice anything. It's not like she's being distracted by brilliant ideas or anything, she just simply doesn't notice anything.  

lol!
Are you in a bad mood?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:01 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:My mum hasn't a creative bone in her body and she could literally walk past a person with bright geeen hair wearing a clown outfit and not even notice.

lol!
Are you in a bad mood?

No not really. I just find lazy-minded people a bit of a waste of time if I'm honest.

Last edited by eddie on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:08 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

lol!
Are you in a bad mood?

No not really. I just find lazy-minded people a bit of a waste of time if I'm honest.
Maybe your mum gets distracted by other stuff that may seem mundane to you but .not to her.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:57 am

My mum notices everything unusual and doesn't mind pointing it out either . My niece has tons of hair and one day didn't do a thing with it and it was just literally knotty and hanging down , when she walked into my mums house mum just said ' well you look like you've been dragged through a hedge backwards , there's a hair brush in that drawer . Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:37 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:My mum notices everything unusual and doesn't mind pointing it out either . My niece has tons of hair and one day didn't do a thing with it and it was just literally knotty and hanging down , when she walked into my mums house mum just said ' well you look like you've been dragged through a hedge backwards , there's a hair brush in that drawer . Razz

Haha...straight and to the point.

At least people know where they stand with your mum. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:58 pm

I don't think being oblivious to surroundings has much to do with a persons creativity, many very clever creative people are so wrapped up in whatever project they are working on they seem detached from the outside world.

I also think many people are so self absorbed they fail to notice what's going on around them.
Once I was walking down Market street, the busiest street in central Manchester, and a completely naked woman walked past us...she looked drugged or something, but that's beside the point. We stopped and watched her, and 99% of people didn't even see her, even though she was walking in the midst of them all.

This was before everyone was addicted to mobile phones, which is another reason people walk round like zombies nowadays.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:43 pm

It pays to be observant.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down