NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What The World Would Look Like If It Was Reduced To 100 People

+2
Miffs2
eddie
6 posters

Go down

What The World Would Look Like If It Was Reduced To 100 People Empty What The World Would Look Like If It Was Reduced To 100 People

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:27 am

This intriguing video reveals what the world's population would look like if it was shrunk down to just 100 people. The clip, produced by magazine and social impact company GOOD, gives a fascinating snapshot of the make-up of the people who live around the world. Some stats - such as the fact that 50 of those 100 people would be women and 50 would be men - are unsurprising. But some are far more shocking, such as the the fact that one person out of those 100 would control 50% of all the wealth. Fourteen people would be American, 11 would be European, 15 would be African and 60 would be Asians. The five most widely-spoken languages are, in order, Mandarin, Spanish, English, Hindi and Arabic - with 6,500 other languages spoken by the rest. The video was produced using data from the CIA's World's Factbook, which contains information on every country, dependency, and geographic entity in the world.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/video-shows-what-the-the-world-would-look-like-if-it-was-100-people_uk_56e7d806e4b05c52666f0841?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

What The World Would Look Like If It Was Reduced To 100 People Empty Re: What The World Would Look Like If It Was Reduced To 100 People

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:53 am

Sounds like bloody paradise can i choose the 100 people

Back to top Go down

What The World Would Look Like If It Was Reduced To 100 People Empty Re: What The World Would Look Like If It Was Reduced To 100 People

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:58 am

Ok just watched the video
And IMO its stupid
because if the world only had 100 people split around the world as it suggests 95% of the things it postulates would not be even a issue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:03 am

Eh!!

100 people
some speak Mandarin, Spanish, English, Hindi and Arabic 6,500 other languages spoken by the rest. ?

so what the rest speak 65 ish languages each ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:10 am

Wow, its trying to show disproportions by down sizing.

Never mind I am sure others will grasp this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:10 am

The problem with the whole video IMO it assumes all the underlying infrastructure it relates to just ticks merrily along for the remaining 100 people .......scattered round the world

it wouldn`t

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:12 am

korban dallas wrote:The problem with the whole video IMO it assumes all the underlying infrastructure it relates to just ticks merrily along for the remaining 100 people .......scattered round the world

it wouldn`t

You really are being so utterly pedantic over something that is simplifying the population of world into categories

Seriously if you want to be such a bore about it, then contact them, as I am sure they will correct you emphatically and then you can show us their correspondence so we can all laugh at you

Let me know how you get on

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:15 am

Didge wrote:Wow, its trying to show disproportions by down sizing.

No its a statistical magic trick that would have no bearing in actual reality of ONLY 100 people where left on the planet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:18 am

Didge wrote:
korban dallas wrote:The problem with the whole video IMO it assumes all the underlying infrastructure it relates to just ticks merrily along for the remaining 100 people .......scattered round the world

it wouldn`t

You really are being so utterly pedantic over something that is simplifying the population of world into categories

Seriously if you want to be such a bore about it, then contact them, as I am sure they will correct you emphatically and then you can show us their correspondence so we can all laugh at you

there you go demeaning people again because they see it not how you intended instead of trying to explain your point
honestly why dont you just fuck of from this site if thats the way you conduct your self honestly i am sure i am not the only one sick to fucking death of your wanker attitude and the continued demeaning of people

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:18 am

korban dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:Wow, its trying to show disproportions by down sizing.

No its a statistical magic trick that would have no bearing in actual reality of ONLY 100 people where left on the planet

Which shows you fail to grasp the point of the video.

Like I say, if you think its wrong, then write to them, as I am dying to love to see the correspondence

They downsized it to give an idea.

It was never going to be exact, seriously, nothing worse than perfectionists, who failed to see their own failings

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:19 am

korban dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:

there you go demeaning people again because they see it not how you intended instead of trying to explain your point
honestly why dont you just fuck of from this site if thats the way you conduct your self honestly i am sure i am not the only one sick to fucking death of your wanker attitude and the continued demeaning of people  

Because you are being a prat, plain and simple

If you do not like it tough shit, you are nothing more than an insignificant northern ignorant monkey

There now go and cry over your spilt milk

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:44 am

Can we please try not to call each other names?
If you can't play nicely then don't play at all.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:59 am

Korben looks to have deleted his account.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:03 pm

So what, let him sulk, I really do not care eddie

He failed to understand what the video was, i tried to explain, he kicked off and I hit back, where he was telling me to leave the forum.

So if I am not going to leave, he left, that is his choice

He is always welcome back of course but I am not going to allow him to make a drama out of this

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:05 pm

No and I don't want to speak on his behalf either.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:11 pm

eddie wrote:No and I don't want to speak on his behalf either.

I'm sure he will be back, he usually is.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:39 pm

eddie wrote:Korben looks to have deleted his account.
I liked Korban....I hope he does come back.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:47 pm

Syl wrote:

One of the most decent people on here

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:49 pm

sassy wrote:
Syl wrote:

+ 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:52 pm

I was the one with all the dosh. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:04 pm

In answer to the question at the end - would we all fight harder for equality - the answer is no. For a start - just to be pedantic - the people in one country wouldn't know what was happening in other countries, and they would probably only care about what was happening on their little patch.

If there were only 11 people in Europe, they would either be scattered about or maybe live in one place all together. If they lived together, they would expect one person to be in charge, or even if they didn't, one or two people would naturally take charge.

Ever seen the series "Survivors"?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:54 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
sassy wrote:
Syl wrote:

+ 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000

YES please come come back KD. Sad
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down