NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British people 'among the stupidest in the world' - report

5 posters

Go down

British people 'among the stupidest in the world' - report Empty British people 'among the stupidest in the world' - report

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:55 pm

The UK's education system was left lacking after a report by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development said that over the last three years education in Britain had "stagnated'.

The study showed that almost a fifth of Britain's 15-year-olds were operating below the required reading level set by the OECD to enter further education or the job market, while 20 percent of students were below in maths and 15 percent in science.

Meanwhile countries such as Estonia, Poland and Norway saw a rise in their own levels, surpassing those in the UK.

Britain fell from 17th in 2006 to 25th for reading skills among 15-year-olds, according to the OECD's study.

In maths, the UK dropped from 24th to 28th place.

Around half a million 15-year-olds from more than 70 countries took part in the OECD’s Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) study 2009.

The study assessed how students could use their knowledge and skills in real life, rather than just repeating facts and figures.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/216028/British-teenagers-among-the-most-stupid-in-the-world
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

British people 'among the stupidest in the world' - report Empty Re: British people 'among the stupidest in the world' - report

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:27 pm

I'd agree wioth that assesment....

all of which is down to lefty liberalist ideas of teaching and educating and lefty "experiments"

NON of which have shown any benefits (except to create equality ...the equality of the lowest common denominator) have over the years cost a fortune, and MOST of which have eventually been abandoned or changed in favour of the latest lefty nutters idea

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

British people 'among the stupidest in the world' - report Empty Re: British people 'among the stupidest in the world' - report

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:28 pm

Lord Foul wrote:I'd agree wioth that assesment....

all of which is down to lefty liberalist ideas of teaching and educating and lefty "experiments"

NON of which have shown any benefits (except to create equality ...the equality of the lowest common denominator) have over the years cost a fortune, and MOST of which have eventually been abandoned or changed in favour of the latest lefty nutters idea

Not all of it -- it's also the fault of the British who supposedly know better but are apparently too impotent to do anything besides cry on the Internet about it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:32 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Not all of it -- it's also the fault of the British who supposedly know better but are apparently too impotent to do anything besides cry on the Internet about it.

They also voted for the Tories. If Corbyn gets in next time, everyone will be brain dead. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

They also voted for the Tories. If Corbyn gets in next time, everyone will be brain dead. Laughing

So if the left did so many things to make British people among the stupidest in the world, why didn't the Tories do anything about it?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:44 pm

He's gorn into one ... British people 'among the stupidest in the world' - report 3986371719
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:He's gorn into one ... British people 'among the stupidest in the world' - report 3986371719

What does Star Trek have to do with this?

British people 'among the stupidest in the world' - report Gorn
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:48 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

So if the left did so many things to make British people among the stupidest in the world, why didn't the Tories do anything about it?

they are doing ...slowly, but they have to fight the lefty teachers unions and "educationalists" all the way...

things like reintroducing the simple concept of competition in sport and the idea of winners and losers (forbiden under the lefties). things like prioritsing and requiring a knowlege of "times tables" (also lost under lefty mayhem in education)...MUCH needs repairing

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:51 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:He's gorn into one ... British people 'among the stupidest in the world' - report 3986371719

What does Star Trek have to do with this?

British people 'among the stupidest in the world' - report Gorn
LOL but  suspect over her head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:54 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:21 pm

When Victor says Lefty he means British

Really if you rewrite his posts swapping the words they make much more sense.

Other Left wing nations don’t have the issues so there is no correlation to left wing these are British/European issues so there does seem to be a correlation to decrepit old world nations.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:27 pm

yeah well the british lefty does seem to have a fair monopoly of stupidity

but what would an antipodean hobgoblin know about education...

australia...one of the first countries to start churning out single subject mentats with no knowlege outside of that one subject??

(and most can only count to keep a check on how many beers are in the fridge)
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:30 pm

Hmmmm, sorry Ben, but at least we don't have 'tick the right answer' exams lol.  Am I wrong that your High School exams are multiple choice answers?

That being said, there are some people on here that rather prove your point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:38 pm

besides veya, I only know of the "british experience"...unlike YOU I dont pretend to know whats going on in places i dont visit for extended periods, or have close ties to.....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:01 pm

Lord Foul wrote:yeah well the british lefty does seem to have a fair monopoly of stupidity

but what would an antipodean hobgoblin know about education...

australia...one of the first countries to start churning out single subject mentats with no knowlege outside of that one subject??

(and most can only count to keep a check on how many beers are in the fridge)

we have the better education standards than the UK
We have already embraced technology in education,
we are currently implementing post-startrek style classrooms

And yes you do besides it doesn't take a genius to read and articles or 2 Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/global-school-rankings-interactive-map-shows-standards-of-education-across-the-world-10247405.html

Singapore1
Hong Kong2
South Korea3
Japan4
Taiwan5
Finland6
Estonia7
Switzerland8
Netherlands9
Canada10
Poland11
Vietnam12
Germany13
Australia14
Ireland15
Belgium16
New Zealand17
Slovenia18
Austria19
United Kingdom20

USA is 28th
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:12 pm

Lord Foul wrote:besides veya, I only know of the "british experience"...unlike YOU I dont pretend to know whats going on in places i dont visit for extended periods, or have close ties to.....

Exactly Why your nation is such a failure

The Misguided Belief that the 'British experience' is a thing
Brits are just people like everyone else
Stop being dumb and thinking your special snowflakes.  
You are just a particularly inbreed group of hairless apes

confronting the fact that the stagnation of your culture has rendered you close to obsolescence
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:14 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:besides veya, I only know of the "british experience"...unlike YOU I dont pretend to know whats going on in places i dont visit for extended periods, or have close ties to.....

confronting the fact that the stagnation of your culture has rendered you close to obsolescence

And he's off on his daily rant about the Brits.

Seriously, you're just so jealous of Brits - you need to get over not being British. British people 'among the stupidest in the world' - report 2984306523
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:15 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

unlike YOU I dont pretend to know whats going on in places i dont visit for extended periods, or have close ties to.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:49 pm

sassy wrote:Hmmmm, sorry Ben, but at least we don't have 'tick the right answer' exams lol.  Am I wrong that your High School exams are multiple choice answers?

There's really no national "way of doing it" over here. Some lazy teachers give multiple choice exams, but I had plenty of "answer in the form of an essay" nightmares.

Oh, and I refuse to believe that they don't keep score at UK high school (or whatever you call it) sporting events, as Vic claims Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:56 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
sassy wrote:Hmmmm, sorry Ben, but at least we don't have 'tick the right answer' exams lol.  Am I wrong that your High School exams are multiple choice answers?

There's really no national "way of doing it" over here. Some lazy teachers give multiple choice exams, but I had plenty of "answer in the form of an essay" nightmares.

Oh, and I refuse to believe that they don't keep score at UK high school (or whatever you call it) sporting events, as Vic claims Smile

Of course they do, that's how they send kids to represent the school at County contests, which then go on the UK contests.    And of course the inter-school contests.  Load of rubbish but it keeps Victor happy lol Rolling Eyes

Here's some of the results lol  http://www.englandathletics.org/athletics-in-schools/english-schools-athletic-association/esaa-results

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:19 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/9420771/Top-universities-forced-to-introduce-remedial-maths-classes.html

Only in a leftie labour education system can so many be 'winners' for being lowers...!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:20 pm

yeah sassy...thats why some schools stopped "competative games"
thats why its now virtually impossible to "fail" an exam....
thats why the incentive to learn is all but gone
thats why far too many kids dont know their basic number bonds and need a calculator to add up their bus fare
thats why kids (older ones at that) cant even do basic trig in thier heads... Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:21 pm

There you go, Tommy just decided he's prove you right Ben lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:22 pm

What is the School Games?

The School Games is a unique opportunity to motivate and inspire millions of young people across the country to take part in more competitive school sport.
The School Games are made up of four levels of activity: competition in schools, between schools, and at a county/area level: 
British people 'among the stupidest in the world' - report Screen_Shot_2015-01-29_at_16.50.56

Intra-school (Level 1)

For many young people sporting competition is first experienced through intra-house teams, form groups or in PE lessons. This level of competition will build on a school’s existing work to offer pupils a year-round programme of regular intra-school competition in a number of sports that culminate in a School Games Day.
View a selection of case studies. Registered schools can access further School Games case studies and resources by logging in.

Inter-school (Level 2)

Inter-school competition is for years 3 to 13. At this stage individuals and teams will be selected to represent their school at inter-school competitions, many of which will be leagues. Schools will have the flexibility to decide which sports to enter but are encouraged to involve as many pupils as possible by creating breadth in the sports they offer and depth through the creation of additional teams.
Inter-school competitions should follow the sport formats as designed by the National Governing Bodies of Sport. 

School Games Festival (Level 3)

Each county will host a multi-sport showcase event as a culmination of the year-round inter-school competition. Teams and individuals competing at inter-school level will win the opportunity to compete in this event. Pupils succeeding at this level will be encouraged to develop their enjoyment and talent in sport through existing National Governing Bodies' club and talent pathways.
The School Games Festival is planned and managed through a Local Organising Committee in every county chaired by a Head Teacher and supported by the County Sports Partnership.

2016 School Games (Level 4)

This is a national multi-sport event, in which the country’s most talented athletes of school age compete if selected by a National Governing Body. This event will take place in high quality venues amongst a unique and vibrant atmosphere and supports athletes development; acting as a stepping stone to further national and international competition.
For full details on last year's event, visit www.2015schoolgames.com.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:25 pm

yes yes sassy we know whats potentially available

but whats available and whats used is another matter......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:29 pm

Sassy... please explain how so many can pass enough gcse and a level exams and gain entry into university but then need to be taught remedial level maths and English...!?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down