NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bishops’ debate over gays: Lost in translation?

Go down

Bishops’ debate over gays: Lost in translation? Empty Bishops’ debate over gays: Lost in translation?

Post by Guest Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:44 am

VATICAN CITY (RNS) The tug-of-war at the Vatican over calls for the Catholic Church to be more open to gays and cohabiting couples intensified Thursday (Oct. 16) a]b]s conservative bishops sought to rein in or renounce draft language they feared might condone lifestyles not in accord with church teachings.[/b]

Pope Francis and prelates attend the morning session of the extraordinary Synod of Bishops on the family at the Vatican on Oct. 9, 2014. Photo by Paul Haring, courtesy of Catholic News Service

The lobbying at the two-week summit of church leaders — a synod on family life that is set to wrap up Saturday with a final report — was epitomized by the retranslation of a headline from “welcoming homosexual persons” to “providing for homosexual persons.”

http://www.religionnews.com/2014/10/16/bishops-debate-gays-lost-translation/

There you have it again, those with literal religious views trying to deny equality.
The fact is the teachings of Jesus was to welcome just about anyone, who wished to believe in his message and yet these Catholic Bishops are ignoring what Jesus said and going off the Old testament on sins, of which all Catholics commit sins.
This is why religion should be a personal belief and have no input what so ever on any laws or claiming to be for want of a word the word and power of this mythical deity they worship There is no evidence to back up a claim to a deity, thus trying to base views that contradict, is to me the worst .

This is what I have issue with religions, not that we already know many are Good Christians, but there are also a substantial amount, wishing to impose a view to deny people into the Catholic Church going against what Jesus taught. The most silliest view point held here by these Bishops, is that not every homosexuals indulge in sexual acts and never will, but are very much only attracted to men. The bible states clearly to the act of homosexuality sex as a sin, not that a person who is homosexual is  sin. Thus there is no reason to deny anyone join their faith.

Thus the Bishops whole stance here is just plain daft, because many Catholics commit sins and no matter the sin (accept blasphemy of the Spirit.), including murder all their sins are forgiven. Thus the Catholic church has allowed many people to join, who's acts include rape, murder etc and proves to me more than anything how a religious dogmatic view lead once again to the worst prejudice and in this case, as seen a  complete contradiction.

Last edited by Brasidas on Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Bishops’ debate over gays: Lost in translation? Empty Re: Bishops’ debate over gays: Lost in translation?

Post by Guest Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:54 am

This point backs it up further:

Many hard-liners, including U.S. Cardinal Raymond Burke, have claimed that the report was biased and did not take account of their views.

Anyone else see what is glaringly wrong with the above statement and this reoccurring problem found within religion.

Back to top Go down

Bishops’ debate over gays: Lost in translation? Empty Re: Bishops’ debate over gays: Lost in translation?

Post by Guest Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:29 pm

Ha Ha religious sensitivities at its best.

I posted this on this website the link of the story is attached and wrote this:

The fact is the teachings of Jesus was to welcome just about anyone, who wished to believe in his message and yet these Catholic Bishops are ignoring what Jesus preached and going off the Old testament on sins, of which 99.9% of Catholics commit sins. Where these Bishops are upset not to be included for input shows a complete contradiction, because they are not taking the view points of Jesus. The Catholic Church is going against what Jesus taught with acceptance into his Church. The telling point here is the Bishops ignorance as not every homosexuals indulge in homosexual acts like anal sex and never will, which means they have committed no sin according to the bible The bible states clearly to the act of homosexuality sex as a sin, not that a person who is homosexual is a sin. which we know they have no choice over being homosexual. Thus there is no reason to deny anyone who can join this faith because , many Catholics commit sins and no matter the sin (accept blasphemy of the Spirit.), including murder, rape etc all their sins are forgiven through the act of contrition. Thus the Catholic church has allowed many people to join and forgive their sins through their deity, where again sins include crimes like rap and, murder etc all of who are allowed to be accepted as Catholics, so it does not even matter how bad a sin is to the Catholic Church, as any sin bar one can be forgiven

So basically the Church is contradicting itself, seeking people to believe in Jesus and that he is supposed to have died and rose from the dead to save everyone’s sins. The last I cheeked, everyone meant everyone and if they use this precedent on a sin to deny people joining, then they would have to apply this to any person who has committed a sin and prevent them from being Catholics. It shows the poor logic those within the Catholic Church are applying here to dent people faith.
I was a Catholic years ago, now atheist.

Now can anyone tell me how that was in low quality that it should be removed from a religious media site?
They of course deleted this comment and thus I wrote a shortened version

So even on websites, when you show contradictions where they deny access to a faith, based off a sin to one group and not others, is then deleted.
Wow, talk religious sensitivities and censorship.
I will sum up again, Jesus allowed for anyone to join his belief.
He did to forgive all sins.
All means everyone including homosexuals.
If a sin is a view point to deny access to the Catholic Church, then there would be very few Catholics, so by the same principle that is applied to forging any sin, bar the blasphemy of the HS, then there is no reason to deny unmarried couples and homosexuals, especially when many Catholics continue to commit sins all the time, to where sins as bad as murder.and rape are forgiven

If you delete this comment of which I have copied first, I shall have my friend at Huffington Post publish the behavior going on by the site administrators here, where they are trying to deny anyone a voice which conflicts with their views.

Screen shot taken

Which seems to have done the trick, because no my original post is back. Talk about trying to drown out an critical view points here, which I am proving there is no case through the Catholic principle of sin, to deny them being Catholics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down