NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“When ego is lost, limit is lost. You become infinite, kind, beautiful.”

+2
veya_victaous
eddie
6 posters

Go down

“When ego is lost, limit is lost. You become infinite, kind, beautiful.”   Empty “When ego is lost, limit is lost. You become infinite, kind, beautiful.”

Post by eddie Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:41 pm

“When ego is lost, limit is lost. You become infinite, kind, beautiful.”
- Yogi Bhajan

The past. The ego loves to keep us trapped there—rehashing old hurts, perceived mistakes, ancient regrets. What good do these obsessions do?
Now move on.

The complaining ego: Complaining keeps us locked in negativity, right? I mean, think about it. Who wants to hang out with someone who complains all the time? No one. So why complain even to yourself? This is the source from which self-disgust, self-hatred, and self-sabotage springs—and the ego loves it, this self-imposed separation.

Ego keeps you hating. Ego keeps you jealous. Ego keeps you from feeling free. Ego keeps you bitter.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

“When ego is lost, limit is lost. You become infinite, kind, beautiful.”   Empty Re: “When ego is lost, limit is lost. You become infinite, kind, beautiful.”

Post by Guest Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:52 pm

eddie wrote:“When ego is lost, limit is lost. You become infinite, kind, beautiful.”
- Yogi Bhajan

The past. The ego loves to keep us trapped there—rehashing old hurts, perceived mistakes, ancient regrets. What good do these obsessions do?
Now move on.

The complaining ego: Complaining keeps us locked in negativity, right? I mean, think about it. Who wants to hang out with someone who complains all the time? No one. So why complain even to yourself? This is the source from which self-disgust, self-hatred, and self-sabotage springs—and the ego loves it, this self-imposed separation.

Ego keeps you hating. Ego keeps you jealous. Ego keeps you from feeling free. Ego keeps you bitter.

Is Yogi Bhajan Yogi Bears best mate?

Back to top Go down

“When ego is lost, limit is lost. You become infinite, kind, beautiful.”   Empty Re: “When ego is lost, limit is lost. You become infinite, kind, beautiful.”

Post by eddie Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:55 pm

Perhaps he is. They are both very clever.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:02 am

Ego Is Not A Dirty Word (G. Macainsh)
If I did not have an ego I would not be here tonight
If I did not have an ego I might not think that I was right
If you did not have an ego you might not care the way you dressed
If you did not have an ego you'd just be like the rest

Chorus
Ego is not a dirty word
Ego is not a dirty word
Ego is not a dirty word
Don't you believe what you've seen or heard

If Jesus had an ego he'd still be alive today
And if Nixon had no ego he might not be in decay
If you did not have an ego you might not care too much who won
If I did not have an ego I might just use a gun

Chorus

Some people keep their egos in a bottom drawer
A fridge full of Leonard Cohen
Have to get drunk just to walk out the door
Stay drunk to keep on goin'
So if you got an ego
You better keep it in good shape
Exercise it daily
And get it down on tape

Chorus (3 times)

Ego
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:06 am

Like those lyrics! Can't see the vid though as iPad is not showing them right now?
(Did you,post a vid)
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:42 am

One thing that always gets me is how hard of a time people can have apologizing for things they've done -- myself included. But I think it's a very good habit to develop; you get better at seeing yourself from other people's perspective and you feel better.

Basically, if you never apologize, you don't think you've ever done anything wrong, and if you don't think you've ever done anything wrong, you're supremely self-deluded :D
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:47 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:One thing that always gets me is how hard of a time people can have apologizing for things they've done -- myself included. But I think it's a very good habit to develop; you get better at seeing yourself from other people's perspective and you feel better.

Basically, if you never apologize, you don't think you've ever done anything wrong, and if you don't think you've ever done anything wrong, you're supremely self-deluded :D

Absolutely spot on Ben.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:50 am

NemsAgain wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:One thing that always gets me is how hard of a time people can have apologizing for things they've done -- myself included. But I think it's a very good habit to develop; you get better at seeing yourself from other people's perspective and you feel better.

Absolutely spot on Ben.

Are you worried, that Sassy hasn't posted on here for days?

You know that she is going through cancer treatment, has that ever crossed your mind?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:51 am

Catman wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

Absolutely spot on Ben.

You know that she is going through cancer treatment, has that ever crossed your mind?

I have been worried about that.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:00 am

Catman wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

Absolutely spot on Ben.

Not my business Phil
Of course I wish her well with her treatment. She will have all her friends and family to look after her.
When are you going to see her?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:11 am

NemsAgain wrote:
Catman wrote:

Not my business Phil
Of course I wish her well with her treatment. She will have all her friends and family to look after her.

She's an online friend, if she lived near me, then i'm sure that we might have met up by now, or possibly not!

I see online and real life as complete separate issues, but you don't!  geek 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:13 am

....As my cat is purring at me, on my lap, and trying to stop me from posting!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:13 am

Catman wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:
Catman wrote:

Not my business Phil

She's an online friend, if she lived near me, then i'm sure that we might have met up by now, or possibly not!

See, I don't like that attitude. I wish we could interact as though the person we're speaking to was right in front of us. I get what you're saying, I just think it's way too easy to demonize people when you detach the two like that.

On that note:

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:16 am

Catman wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

Not my business Phil

Yes that is because none of the people on here are your real life friends.
Sassy was my dearest friend, I have sat and laughed and cried and remembered with her.

I will not have you trying to score cheap points like that you disgrace

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:27 am

Shady wrote:
eddie wrote:“When ego is lost, limit is lost. You become infinite, kind, beautiful.”
- Yogi Bhajan

Now move on.

Is Yogi Bhajan Yogi Bears best mate?
He's a sort of kundalini yoga hippie. I get the impression he has quite a big ego.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:38 am

NemsAgain wrote:
Catman wrote:

Sassy was my dearest friend, I have sat and laughed and cried and remembered with her.

I'm not trying to score any kind of cheap points, i'm just explaining things, as i know and see them. Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:43 am

Catman wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

I'm not trying to score any kind of cheap points, i'm just explaining things, as i know and see them. Rolling Eyes 

Liar
pack it in Phil. The woman is ill, its not a subject for you to you to be an arse over.
I need nothing explaining to me. I do hope that is crystal clear.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:45 am

Please send sassy my best, cancer is nasty.

If someone is your dearest/good friend, then:

1) nems, how can you fall out over a forum? How pathetic.

2) Phil, distance shouldn't matter and you should have met up by now?

I think the word "friend" is very overused and misunderstood. To me it means trying and trying to sort it out. Nothing is worth losing a friendship for.
Takes two to argue, and two to make up.
Life is too fucking short for grudges.

Get over your ego.

Last edited by eddie on Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:46 am

Could you e-mail that comment to the Labour Party?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:48 am

Tess. wrote:

All politicians surely Tess?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:13 am

NemsAgain wrote:
Tess. wrote:

All politicians surely Tess?!

True, but particularly the Labour Party in light of recent events. Shameful behaviour of MPs/councillors always results in them getting suspended from the Tories and UKIP, and a huge fuss in the press about it; but the Labour Party keeps them on, and tries their damnedest to cover it up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:21 am

Catman wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

Absolutely spot on Ben.

I was wondering that too Phil, Sassy has had a few times now when she has not posted for two or three days, but has returned to hold her own on here for another day!..

I also wondered of TTS, but then was told he had left, but with Sassy's health the way it is right now, it does make one worry, her treatment will probably make her feel tired and crap as well.

Im sure she will be back to leather some on here any day now!

Be good to see TTS come back too!

But maybe if Sassy is not back on by , say tomorrow ..then we should worry a wee bit again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:29 am

Joy Division wrote:
Catman wrote:

I was wondering that too Phil, Sassy has had a few times now when she has not posted for two or three days, but has returned to hold her own on here for another day!..

I also wondered of TTS, but then was told he had  left, but with Sassy's health the way it is right now, it does make one worry, her treatment will probably make her feel tired and crap as well.

But maybe if Sassy is not back on by , say tomorrow ..then we should worry a wee bit again.

Chucked up a lot, but still here!  Few more weeks and hopefully my blood will be stable enough to leave it for the time being thanks JD.

Thanks for the thoughts people. It's not terminal unless I get a really nasty bug that I can't fight (that's how most people with CLL go, like Jeremy Beadle with pneaumonia) but it's a bloody nuisance!

Last edited by Sassy on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:35 am

Back on topic:

Ego

the “I” or self of any person; a person as thinking, feeling, and willing, and distinguishing itself from the selves of others and from objects of its thought.

Psychoanalysis . the part of the psychic apparatus that experiences and reacts to the outside world and thus mediates between the primitive drives of the id and the demands of the social and physical environment.

self-esteem or self-image; feelings

the enduring and conscious element that knows experience.

Scholasticism. the complete person comprising both body and soul.

If you had no ego and sense of self worth you would spend your life clinically depressed and never doing anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:37 am

Sassy wrote:Back on topic:

Ego

the “I” or self of any person; a person as thinking, feeling, and willing, and distinguishing itself from the selves of others and from objects of its thought.

Psychoanalysis . the part of the psychic apparatus that experiences and reacts to the outside world and thus mediates between the primitive drives of the id and the demands of the social and physical environment.

self-esteem or self-image; feelings

the enduring and conscious element that knows experience.

Scholasticism. the complete person comprising both body and soul.

If you had no ego and sense of self worth you would spend your life clinically depressed and never doing anything.

You probably wouldn't do anything good either because you would think that whatever you did wouldn't count.

I don't mean you personally, I mean "one".  Laughing 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:39 am

Absolutely, you just wouldn't bother with anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:42 am

Sassy wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

I also wondered of TTS, but then was told he had  left, but with Sassy's health the way it is right now, it does make one worry, her treatment will probably make her feel tired and crap as well.

Chucked up a lot, but still here!  Few more weeks and hopefully my blood will be stable enough to leave it for the time being thanks JD.

Thanks for the thoughts people.   It's not terminal unless I get a really nasty bug that I can't fight (that's how most people with CLL go, like Jeremy Beadle with pneaumonia) but it's a bloody nuisance!

Yay!! Sassy!Smile

A shit time of year too sassy,I hope you stay in as much as you can.

Vomiting is awful eh?, drains what energy you do have, but glad to see you back Sassy Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:46 am

Stay in lol, can't remember the last time I went out.   Got to stay away from bugs.  Once this is over will be off, they won't see me for days.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:49 am

Sassy wrote:Stay in lol, can't remember the last time I went out.   Got to stay away from bugs.  Once this is over will be off, they won't see me for days.

Sending you my best.
I hope one day we find a cure for cancer so we can tell it to fuck off.

Stay healthy x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:56 am

Sassy wrote:Stay in lol, can't remember the last time I went out.   Got to stay away from bugs.  Once this is over will be off, they won't see me for days.

Laughing

You will be out doing some skateboarding soon sass!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:00 pm

Now that would be a sight!   Mind you, before I fell on the ice and damaged my knees, about 5 years ago I had a go on a grassboard on the hills behind where I used to live.   Luckily it had just been mowed and there were piles of cut grass the land in!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:04 pm

i'm smarter than the average bear....Yogi bear..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:40 pm

heavenly father wrote:i'm smarter than the average bear....Yogi bear..

He is a rude bear!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:52 pm

NemsAgain wrote:
heavenly father wrote:i'm smarter than the average bear....Yogi bear..

He is a rude bear!

lol... :D 

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by nicko Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:36 pm

can you show me another pussy?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:59 pm

Great pics Bee!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:05 pm

Beekeeper wrote:Surprised 

GIVING new meaning to the expression that "Yoga is for pussies !" :

“When ego is lost, limit is lost. You become infinite, kind, beautiful.”   ImageResource

Razz

“When ego is lost, limit is lost. You become infinite, kind, beautiful.”   Cat_la13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:30 pm

eddie wrote:

Sending you my best.
I hope one day we find a cure for cancer so we can tell it to fuck off.

Stay healthy x

Thanks Eddie, appreciated x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down