NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christians "rising up" aiming to control United States, enforce Christian values

+6
Cass
Raggamuffin
eddie
Lone Wolf
veya_victaous
Ben Reilly
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Christians "rising up" aiming to control United States, enforce Christian values - Page 2 Empty Christians "rising up" aiming to control United States, enforce Christian values

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:46 am

First topic message reminder :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3XguLBBUDk

On Sunday, Oct. 12, conservative Christian groups — like the American Family Association (AFA), the Family Research Council (FRC) and other fringe groups — will meet in Washington, D.C. to outline a “national strategic plan that will bear fruit within 30 days and will greatly impact the critical midterm elections.”

The simulcast event, called iPledge Sunday, will feature well-known culture warriors like David Barton, the Benham brothers, Tony Perkins and Mat Staver.

Throughout the month, organizers have been advertising the event with web videos, which warn that “things are going from bad to worse in our nation and abroad.”

“Christians are being beheaded in the Middle East, Israel is being attacked from all sides,” the video says. “And back home, many of our religious freedoms are under severe legal restriction.”

The video asks for voters to take a stand against the “wicked” and against the “evildoers.”

Some of those legal restrictions include the Bible being “banished from our public schools and our public squares,” according to a description that’s included with the video.

And the iPledge Sunday website also points to abortion, court decisions on same-sex marriage, Common Core curriculum in the schools, and rules against pastors politicking from the pulpit.

“The bottom line: If the Church will rise up and vote, we can elect government leaders who will defend the unborn and the persecuted, support freedom of conscience and speech, limit the role of the federal government in education, and appoint judges who support traditional marriage,” the website warns. “The choice is ours.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/conservative-conference-vote-christian-or-face-isis-beheadings-and-sodomy-based-marriage/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Christians "rising up" aiming to control United States, enforce Christian values - Page 2 Empty Re: Christians "rising up" aiming to control United States, enforce Christian values

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:27 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You could say that about a lot of groups who want change though. I don't see why people are obsessing about these particular ones.

There is a future and there is a past.  Obsessing about the past is a waste of time.

You call it the past, they call it the future.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Christians "rising up" aiming to control United States, enforce Christian values - Page 2 Empty Re: Christians "rising up" aiming to control United States, enforce Christian values

Post by Original Quill Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:56 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

There is a future and there is a past.  Obsessing about the past is a waste of time.

You need to read my book, Why Republicans Lie.

Time moves from right to left, and you can't go back.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:03 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Who made that law?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:05 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Who made that law?

It's a Natural law. Smile

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:12 pm

Actually it was chronicled by Heraclites of Ephesus:

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."  
(τὰ ὄντα ἰέναι τε πάντα καὶ μένειν οὐδέν)

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:45 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:............................

I'm not saying that black people and gay people shouldn't have the same rights, I'm just saying that religious people are also entitled to voice their complaints.

pirat

THESE extremist militant nutjobs that you like to refer to as "religious people" are in fact the looney toon fringe dwellers that can be found in all religions ~ much the same as DVO and her scam-peddling hubby...

THEY are not your typical mainstream religious folk but only a small percentage ~ probably less than 2% of the total 'Christian' population in the US, and maybe only half that in Britain or Oz..

HOWEVER, they do like to make lots of noise and claim to be much larger than the reality. These militant "Christian" sects also have incestuous and creepy links to the likes of other fringe dwellers in similar loopy groups such as the "Tea Party", NRA, KKK, the Daughters of the Mayflower, etc.

AND, however you may like to rewrite and misrepresent the symbol of a burning cross, Raggs', it will forever remain the symbol of the KKK in America..     Suspect

It wasn't a burning cross though was it, it was a cross with lights on it.

There's no need to slag off people who aren't here any more either.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:59 pm

The American Family Association (AFA), the Family Research Council (FRC) and "other fringe groups" identifies most of those who are most anti-American. They include those who maintain a…..

War on Women
War on Blacks
War on gays
War on Democracy
War against the US Constitution
War on Poor
War on Middle Class
War on Muslims
War on our Earth
And perhaps most unforgivable off all,
The War against Truth.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:29 pm

Christians "rising up" aiming to control United States, enforce Christian values - Page 2 Church10
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:17 am

Original Quill wrote:The American Family Association (AFA), the Family Research Council (FRC) and "other fringe groups" identifies most of those who are most anti-American.  They include those who maintain a…..

War on Women
War on Blacks
War on gays
War on Democracy
War against the US Constitution
War on Poor
War on Middle Class
War on Muslims
War on our Earth
And perhaps most unforgivable off all,
The War against Truth.
but never a war on war

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:03 pm

I think this thread proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that religion is the root of all evil in the whole world. (and Universe)
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:57 pm

Lurker wrote:I think this thread proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that religion is the root of all evil in the whole world. (and Universe)

Does it? I think it just proves that some people are anti-religion. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:58 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You could say that about a lot of groups who want change though. I don't see why people are obsessing about these particular ones.

I'd forgotten you'd said that. Why do you obsess about the past when it comes to issues like slavery then?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I'd forgotten you'd said that. Why do you obsess about the past when it comes to issues like slavery then?

Excellent question, because it gives me the opportunity to repeat, for pedagogical purposes, what I have said before:

We study the past, not to try to relive it, but in order to trace the causation that led to the present.  This is often expressed as: 'We learn our present from the past' and 'We learn from the past so we don't repeat the same mistakes'.  Whatever the expression, it is in studying and identifying the causes that advances us.

This is true of almost anything.  Analysis taught us to take things apart in order to learn.  Systems taught us to study the interactions to learn.  Both are in the nature of observing the intricacies to learn about the whole.  History is about studying the intricacies of the past, in order to learn about our present.

As one historian has said:

Gutenberg College wrote:[H]istory does matter. It has been said that he who controls the past controls the future. Our view of history shapes the way we view the present, and therefore it dictates what answers we offer for existing problems.

The past speaks in a voice audible to those who want to hear and to listen attentively. Establishing what really happened at a given point in history is much like establishing the guilt or innocence of an accused criminal in a courtroom trial. Evidence is presented and witnesses testify. Taken as a whole, the evidence is full of inconsistencies and inexplicable gaps, and so a sorting process begins. Some witnesses are suspected of being liars; their testimony is handled with suspicion. Some apparent contradictions are found to be resolvable. The gaps are filled with plausible conjecture. As this sorting process continues, a coherent picture begins to emerge. That emerging picture, however, will be one of two very different kinds. If in the course of this sorting procedure we have held tightly to our preconceived notions, the final picture will be a reaffirmation of those prejudices. If, however, we have been willing to jettison beliefs that did not seem to have adequate factual support, we may have our initial suspicions rejected.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:21 pm

Just to add my own two cents, I think it's obvious that selective amnesia isn't the cure for racism. In fact, as I've gotten older, I've noticed that racism and related things like sexism and homophobia seem to enjoy a small renaissance within every new generation of young adults, every 5-10 years:

Christians "rising up" aiming to control United States, enforce Christian values - Page 2 She-didnt-make-me-a-sandwich-She-deserved-it

How much do you want to bet that image was created by someone under age 25? I don't think they had the Internet back in the times we commonly associate with people joking about domestic violence.

So basically, bad ideas never die, and thus need to be continuously beaten back rather than ignored.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2