NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kate is pregnant again

+3
Andy
eddie
Irn Bru
7 posters

Go down

Kate is pregnant again Empty Kate is pregnant again

Post by Irn Bru Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:03 am

Congratulations to the happy couple and I hope Kate has a happy and uneventful pregnancy and gets better soon.

No doubt this will wipe all other national issues right of the front pages of the national press for the next few days.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29108010
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Kate is pregnant again Empty Re: Kate is pregnant again

Post by eddie Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:08 pm

Hmmmm. Bit quick?
Still, it's not as if she'll actually be looking after two under 2's is it?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:31 pm

They will be wanting another boy as an insurance policy then she will go for a girl.
Good luck to them both - certainly wouldn't want their publicity..

All that practice with Tiggy Legg served Wills well.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:27 pm

eddie wrote:Hmmmm. Bit quick?

Nah...it's the classic every two years. I'll give odds for three, unless this one is a girl.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:52 pm

Fantastic news, congratulations Will, Kate and of course little George Kate is pregnant again Baby11 x

Sounds like Kate has a really tough time in the early days of her pregnancies.  I'm guessing it's another boy as she is suffering similar symptoms....or is that just an old wives tale? Kate is pregnant again Confus30

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:30 pm

Seleni wrote:Stop Calling It Morning Sickness
Nausea during pregnancy takes a real physical and emotional toll
by Nitzia Logothetis, MSc, MA, July 18, 2014

The trouble with morning sickness is that it's usually treated one of two ways: as a trivial (even amusing) rite of pregnancy passage or as the potentially life-threatening condition hyperemesis gravidarum, which can land women in the hospital for dehydration (as it famously did to Kate Middleton).

In between those two extremes lies the wide, debilitating land of nausea and vomiting that's often part of pregnancy. And that is where I spent many, many miserable months when I was pregnant with my two sons.

Now pregnant with my third child, I am just beginning to see the light at the end of the porcelain-enameled tunnel, and I realize that it's time for us to speak honestly about what this condition really feels like.

Once again, at just 3 weeks pregnant, I felt a pang of nausea that made me wonder whether I was lucky enough to be expecting again. At 4 weeks, when the tests confirmed my hopes, I was plunged into a familiar disorienting rabbit hole of horrendous nausea.

And, once again, it did not keep to the widely publicized morning schedule. No, this was an all-day, all-night misery that woke me from sleep, and never stopped no matter what remedies I tried – ginger, saltines, medication, fizzy water. Even the forbidden Diet Coke didn't help.

The best way I can describe the feeling to someone who has never experienced nausea and vomiting during pregnancy is that it's like having food poisoning all the time for months on end. Each day – foggy, repulsed by every smell and taste, unable to walk without crippling dizziness and nausea – I wondered how I would make it through.

It rendered me nearly incapable of having a conversation, let alone caring for my 4-year-old and 18-month-old sons. Bedtime stories went out the window and, with them, anything beyond procedural parenting. Even feeding, bathing, and taking my eldest to school felt impossible. I disappeared mentally and emotionally from my husband, my children, my friends, and my colleagues. I did the absolute minimum just to get through the day.

All while my Facebook feed and casual conversations constantly suggested that I "lean in" professionally. "How on earth can anyone 'lean in' when all they can manage is leaning over?" I thought to myself, closing the browser windows.

As a trained psychotherapist, I know the damage that physical illness can wreak on mental health. And, as the founder of a nonprofit dedicated to supporting women's mental health during their reproductive years, I am shocked that there is not a more honest discussion of how debilitating nausea during pregnancy can be.

Believe me, I was brought up in England where you're taught to "get on with it." And to a large degree I was getting on with it, or at least trying to. I don't want anyone to throw me a pity party. I know how lucky I am to be pregnant, nausea and all.

But I began to wonder how other women were coping. Were they coping? Or was unending nausea the trigger for depression or other mood disorder? Shockingly, there is almost no research, not only on more effective treatments for nausea during pregnancy, but also on its effect on a woman's mental health.

According to the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, up to 85 percent of pregnant women experience nausea and vomiting, but it's often minimized and undertreated by doctors. And I wonder if that's because we laypeople minimize morning sickness ourselves.

For instance, we often don't talk openly about it. The nausea usually starts before 9 weeks, during the window when women are encouraged to keep a lid on their news until the period of highest miscarriage risk is passed.

In my agony, I decided to open up to two friends and two close coworkers because I knew I couldn't get through without their support. (I'm lucky to work in an organization that is founded on supporting women through pregnancy.) And their understanding and excitement for my pregnancy – along with the understanding and support of my husband – helped me maintain my own enthusiasm and keep me from sinking.

As I begin to lift my head and see through the fog of these past 20 weeks, I propose three things:

1. Let's stop underselling this monumental physical experience by breezily passing it off as morning sickness. Let's call it what it is: nausea and vomiting during pregnancy.

2. As pregnant women who are sick, let's ask for support when we need it. Tell your doctor how you really feel. Call your friends who have been through it. (They will understand you like nobody else can.) And explain to others what you are going through and how they can help.

3. As friends and colleagues of a pregnant woman, please, offer up your understanding. Drop a cold bottle of seltzer water on her desk and ask how she is feeling that day. If you both have kids, offer to pick up her children and host them for dinner and a playdate so their mom can lie down guilt-free.

If we all start treating nausea and vomiting during pregnancy like a medical condition worthy of treatment, sympathy, and support, it will go a long way toward helping women have a more physically and emotionally comfortable nine months.

- See more at: http://seleni.org/about/news/stop-calling-it-morningsickness?gclid=CLfd4JKf0sACFYqBfgodYyAA0w#sthash.3mp5ZXeL.dpuf

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:43 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Hmmmm. Bit quick?

Nah...it's the classic every two years.  I'll give odds for three, unless this one is a girl.

Well if they went to the same place as Vicky Beckham then they'll have a girl.

Still not sure how Kate be some stick think so quickly after apparently giving birth.
Miraculous.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:07 am

feelthelove wrote:Fantastic news, congratulations Will, Kate and of course little George Kate is pregnant again Baby11 x

Sounds like Kate has a really tough time in the early days of her pregnancies.  I'm guessing it's another boy as she is suffering similar symptoms....or is that just an old wives tale? Kate is pregnant again Confus30

Yay! very happy news for them.

she is actually suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum again bless her. not really to do with the gender of the baby but if you have it once you're more likely to have it with subsequent pregnancies.

they had to announce it so early again as she had to cancel going to Oxford with William. The big downside of her life now. lets hope she gets some peace to rest and get better.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:21 am

Cass wrote:
feelthelove wrote:Fantastic news, congratulations Will, Kate and of course little George Kate is pregnant again Baby11 x

Yay! very happy news for them.

she is actually suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum again bless her. not really to do with the gender of the baby but if you have it once you're more likely to have it with subsequent pregnancies.

they had to announce it so early again as she had to cancel going to Oxford with William. The big downside of her life now. lets hope she gets some peace to rest and get better.

Of course she'll get some peace! She won't be having to see to her son or anything else she doesn't want to do like us ordinary folks!
She's got a case of morning sickness; I'm sure she'll get I've it Cass pfffffff!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:18 am

Im the only one that couldn't give a monkeys then?!

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:12 am

lol! Nems.

I'm pleased for them, not surprised she is having another one so quickly as she has to produce an heir and a spare, and both of them have said they want a few children. She is 32 so she needs to get on with it really!
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:05 pm

harvesmom wrote:lol! Nems.

I'm pleased for them, not surprised she is having another one so quickly as she has to produce an heir and a spare, and both of them have said they want a few children. She is 32 so she needs to get on with it really!

They say a female ovulates only around about 400-times in a lifetime. It's a limited resource. Smile

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:41 pm

Kate is pregnant again Pfft227 Grouchers, it's a new baby and a Mum who's prepared to put herself through hell Kate is pregnant again No_no_19

Yes she has a lot more support than the vast majority I admit but of course she would as a wife to the future King.  Give the woman a break, it can't be easy all the publicity Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:17 pm

Nems wrote:Im the only one that couldn't give a monkeys then?!

Nope! I could give less than a monkeys tbh.
We can be grouches together.

So there FTL and Harves Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:55 pm

Kate is pregnant again Prince-william-royal-baby-meme
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:38 am

Great news for the Royal couple, our Royal family is the envy of so many around the world.

Happy days

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:51 am

veya_victaous wrote:Kate is pregnant again Prince-william-royal-baby-meme

lol! lol!   And we're not even certain about that.

Jeez, the older he gets the more German he looks.

Soz...that was bitchy. Gd luck kids.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:44 pm

IF it's even his.....

Dun dun duuuuun!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:02 pm

eddie wrote:IF it's even his.....

Dun dun duuuuun!

What makes you think it's not????! Kate is pregnant again Naught33 I know you're happy for them deep down, let it go Eddie.  It's a new baby Kate is pregnant again Baby_110 precious x

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:53 pm

feelthelove wrote:
eddie wrote:IF it's even his.....

Dun dun duuuuun!

What makes you think it's not????! Kate is pregnant again Naught33 I know you're happy for them deep down, let it go Eddie.  It's a new baby Kate is pregnant again Baby_110 precious x

Well there's the whole conspiracy theories that Kate was never pregnant (see google etc) not that I'm buying into it personally - but you never know.... Suspect

I'm happy for any new life but I'm also sceptical of the whole "oh poor Kate having morning sickness" blah blah

Let's face it; she's got about twenty nannies. Around the clock help and the best drugs/doctors money can buy....so I feel a smidgen....nope, a tidgy smidgen of pity for her.

Now you can hit me Sad
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:32 am

HAHAHAHAHA

Kate is pregnant again Image26
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down