NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play

+5
Original Quill
Cass
veya_victaous
Ben Reilly
David
9 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Go down

American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play Empty American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play

Post by Guest Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:11 am

American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play 34-sam2-ap

Shortly before he became the first publicly gay player ever drafted by an NFL team, Michael Sam told reporters that he hoped in future he would be seen, "as Michael Sam the football player, instead of as Michael Sam the gay football player."

This weekend, that prospect seems as distant as ever, after a Christian anti-gay group announced plans to protest about the 24-year-old's recent signing by the Dallas Cowboys, at the team's stadium in Texas. American Decency said in a statement that it expected "thousands" to demonstrate today, during the opening game of the Cowboys' season, against the San Francisco 49ers.

Jack Burkman, the lobbyist who leads American Decency, said before Sam was drafted earlier this year that any team prepared to hire the gay player would be "roughed up financially". Christian conservatives, Mr Burkman said, would "not stop until the drafting NFL franchise cannot sell a single ticket, jersey or autographed football".

Born and brought up in Texas, until last season Sam played for the University of Missouri, where he was named the Southeastern Conference's joint best defensive player of the year. He came out after graduating, and made US sporting history when he was signed by the St Louis Rams in the seventh and final round of the NFL draft last May.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/us-sport/national-football-league/american-football-the-gay-dallas-cowboy-who-christians-dont-want-to-play-9716604.html

What is wrong with these people???  Don't they realise this is 2014? No I can't understand why people insist on wasting so much energy on negativity, particularly on something that has no direct effect on their own lives.

Back to top Go down

American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play Empty Re: American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play

Post by David Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:13 pm

Hi FTL people can't reason with bigots No No No
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play Empty Re: American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play

Post by Guest Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:35 pm

David wrote:Hi FTL people can't reason with bigots No No No

It drives me mad David American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play Drives14 x

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:42 pm

Militant right-wing fundamentalist Christianity is a big problem in the U.S., and those people LOVE their gridiron ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxXOKPK27nc

Oh, check this out too:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Wedge_Document

These people are pretty organized!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:50 pm

So Did Thousands turn up?

and where can we buy Michael Sam Cowboy jerseys?
I give no fucks about the sport team but would buy a jersey just stuff up the fucktards... would be good to See the Jersey become High selling to Spite them.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:03 am

I don't like the cowboys as a team but I applaud them for signing him.

and good on the NFL for not showing the protest. I watched the game and the stadium looked full to me Mr.Burkman - oopsie.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:19 pm

veya_victaous wrote:So Did Thousands turn up?

I give no fucks about the sport team but would buy a jersey just stuff up the fucktards... would be good to See the Jersey become High selling to Spite them.

Love it Veya!!! ::cheerlead:: Lets do it, that'll learn em American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play Hit_310 x

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:04 pm

+ 1 from me
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:13 pm

http://www.nflshop.com/Michael_Sam_Gear/browse/source/google-ak1900nfl?utm_content=TdNyIrDM

American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play Ff_1808311_xl

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:19 pm

American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play Ap_cowboys_sams_football_66925032

Sports Day wrote:
Looking for a Michael Sam jersey with the Cowboys? You won’t find it.
By David Moore
dmoore@dallasnews.com
IRVING — Michael Sam has one of the NFL’s hottest-selling jerseys.

But if you’re looking for the Cowboys to crank out Sam jerseys now that the defensive end has joined the team, you’ll be disappointed.

Sam is one of 10 players on the practice squad. The club doesn’t mass produce jerseys for practice squad players, and a club official said Wednesday they won’t make an exception now.

Can you still get a Michael Sam jersey? Sure. You can order a customized version just like you can with any other player.

The club has fielded a few of those requests in the 24 hours since the news broke he was coming to Dallas. But you will not see a Michael Sam display at the Cowboys pro shop.

Sam had the sixth-highest-selling jersey in the NFL this offseason as training camps began. The only other defensive player to rank in the top 10 at the time was Seattle’s Richard Sherman.

Another interesting note: Sam has been assigned the No. 46. If he does make the active roster at some point this season, he must change his number to something higher.

Defensive linemen aren’t allowed to wear any number below 50.

One other tidbit: Sam, and every other player on the practice squad, makes $6,300 a week. That salary increases to $25,000 a week if they land on the active roster.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by veya_victaous Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:42 am

American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play Cowboys_jwitten82_spike

http://giferator.easports.com/

American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play Hit_310 American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play Hit_310 American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play Hit_310 American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play Hit_310 American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play Hit_310 American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play Hit_310
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:47 am

Haha, that's actually tight end Jason Witten, Veya ...

I hope Sam does make the squad. I hope he has a fabulous season and slaps his teammates on the ass in as swishy a manner possible. I hope he scores touchdowns and prances like a princess when he does, wearing hot-pink cleats the entire time.

And I hope he does it and does it and does it again, until people FINALLY get bored with it and stop acting like it's the end of the fucking world.

Homophobia will be gone when your average beer-swilling Cowboys fan sees this:

American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play 652

... yawns, and changes the channel.

(It's closer than some might think. There's a flamboyantly gay guy who works in a local liquor store, wears his blonde hair swept back dramatically with an open-collar white dress shirt, has the effeminate voice, mannerisms, everything. The local redneck deer-hunters come in, politely buy a few cases of Keystone Light off him and wish him a good day. Which just shows that alcohol makes friends of everyone. It reaffirms my faith in humanity and in crappy beer.)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:05 am

@ben
Cool tight end ....... so gay Laughing

I don't get why men that engage in rather homoerotic activities are also homophobic Suspect I mean Chasing Balls, grabbing other men dragging them down and pinning them... AFL is even worse for that as they wear short shorts...

American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play Capperapf246a
American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play C6acadca79803adb55cc03bd0af0ea8f2cc945480cefdc4934ee07c079831458
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:16 am

Today I Learned -- that Vince Lombardi, the American football legend whose name goes on the championship trophy, had a gay brother and worked to protect the (not-out) gay members of the NFL during his time (not to mention fighting racism):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vince_Lombardi#Unprejudiced_nature

Veya, the "tight end" implications have not gone unnoticed -- on the old sketch comedy show "In Living Color," they had a running gay sketch where they talked about football in one installment ...

Oilers and Packers indeed Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:30 am

That Clip pretty much sums Up the Way I think football followers think Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:37 am

veya_victaous wrote:@ben
Cool  tight end .......    so gay Laughing

I don't get why men that engage in rather homoerotic activities are also homophobic Suspect  I mean Chasing Balls, grabbing other men dragging them down and pinning them...  AFL is even worse for that as they wear short shorts...

American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play Capperapf246a
American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play C6acadca79803adb55cc03bd0af0ea8f2cc945480cefdc4934ee07c079831458

Some formations call for four wide-receivers. They run the banana formation.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:28 am

veya_victaous wrote:That Clip pretty much sums Up the Way I think football followers think  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

It's sad, I read that gay viewers laughed at totally different parts of their sketches than straight (or homophobic) viewers did ... I like to think they did those sketches un-hatefully, I think they're hilarious ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:23 am

Reminds me of Justin Fashinu, the football player years ago.
Disowned by his brother and committed suicide due to being accused by a 17 year old of non-consensual sex.

Vey sad.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded fox Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:09 am

I can spend 30 bucks on spite. I really don't like football but I am tempted to buy one just to piss them off.
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:10 pm

veya_victaous wrote:American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play Cowboys_jwitten82_spike

http://giferator.easports.com/

American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play Hit_310 American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play Hit_310 American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play Hit_310 American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play Hit_310 American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play Hit_310 American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play Hit_310

OMG I actually look scary!!!!! I've always wanted to be just a little bit scary Veya American Football: Michael Sam - the Gay Dallas Cowboy who Christians don't want to play Simba_13 lol! x

alien

Back to top Go down

Post by groomsy Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:10 am

he had a terrible combine, he was drafted by stl, and hired by the cowboys for publicity.

i dont agree with these assholes but he is only talked about because he was good in college and came out as gay
groomsy
groomsy
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:51 pm

He's actually not bad. He led St. Louis in tackles when he was there.

His real problem--if he's not some super-star--is his lack of versatility. He never learned to play on kick coverage teams, punt returns, the three-four or nickle backs, etc.

As far as him being gay, who gives a sheit? It's as irrelevant to football as the colour of his eyes.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:37 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Today I Learned -- that Vince Lombardi, the American football legend whose name goes on the championship trophy, had a gay brother and worked to protect the (not-out) gay members of the NFL during his time (not to mention fighting racism):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vince_Lombardi#Unprejudiced_nature

Veya, the "tight end" implications have not gone unnoticed -- on the old sketch comedy show "In Living Color," they had a running gay sketch where they talked about football in one installment ...

Oilers and Packers indeed Smile

de lish ous .....classic

and don't diss The Pack :p
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down