NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Drives Into Pool As Flip Flops Get Tangled

+3
Ben Reilly
eddie
Raggamuffin
7 posters

Go down

Man Drives Into Pool As Flip Flops Get Tangled Empty Man Drives Into Pool As Flip Flops Get Tangled

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:03 pm

Man Drives Into Pool As Flip Flops Get Tangled Cegrab-20140817-122444-407-1-942x530

The car shoots out the elderly man's garage into the swimming pool after his footwear gets caught up in the accelerator.

A man has driven his car into his own swimming pool after getting his flip flops tangled up in the pedals.

The man, believed to be in his 80s, escaped unharmed after his white sedan shot through the back door of his garage and into the pool in Los Angeles.

Police said the man managed to extricate himself from the car before rescue services arrived at the property in the 2700 block of Scripps Place, Altadena.

There was nobody in the pool at the time, officers added.

Captain Jeffrey Sims, of the Los Angeles County Fire Department, told CBS that the man's sandals got caught in the car's pedals and he was unable to brake.

http://news.sky.com/story/1320178/man-drives-into-pool-as-flip-flops-get-tangled

Won't be wearing those again to drive will he!

Back to top Go down

Man Drives Into Pool As Flip Flops Get Tangled Empty Re: Man Drives Into Pool As Flip Flops Get Tangled

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:05 pm

How stupid to drive whilst wearing flip flops.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Man Drives Into Pool As Flip Flops Get Tangled Empty Re: Man Drives Into Pool As Flip Flops Get Tangled

Post by eddie Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:37 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:How stupid to drive whilst wearing flip flops.

I know!  Shocked 

My driving instructor told me a man got his shoelaces entangled in the gas pedal and crashed his car.
Instead of using his hand to brake he tried untying the knot or some thing!

So no flip,flops or shows with laces whilst driving!!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:38 pm

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often, actually. In the U.S., flip-flops are worn year-round, everywhere, by some. It's part of your basic frat boy d-bag look:

Man Drives Into Pool As Flip Flops Get Tangled 3-polo
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:42 pm

Jeez, he looks a right plonker, and I've always thought that Fraternity's sound like hell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:43 pm

Sassy wrote:Jeez, he looks a right plonker, and I've always thought that Fraternity's sound like hell.

That photo just speaks to me. It says:

"'Sup, brah?"  ::D:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:45 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Sassy wrote:Jeez, he looks a right plonker, and I've always thought that Fraternity's sound like hell.

Yep, probably Ivy League trying to be a blowhard lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:29 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Only the guy on the left.  The one on the right looks like he still wears his leisure suit to the prom.  Rolling Eyes

White belt, plaid shorts, gatsby collar...see ya on the golf course, Reginald.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:29 am

this is why I drive barefoot mostly......

heels are just as bad......don't even want to think of Ben's sparkly boots!
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:16 am

Cass wrote:this is why I drive barefoot mostly......

heels are just as bad......don't even want to think of Ben's sparkly boots!

You can never not think about them.

Man Drives Into Pool As Flip Flops Get Tangled Awesho10
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:19 am

Oh, now I have the perfect hat to go with them, got it in San Anton' ...

Man Drives Into Pool As Flip Flops Get Tangled HatWesJ21431
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:02 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Oh, now I have the perfect hat to go with them, got it in San Anton' ...

I actually own a cowboy hat, they look great in summer with a nice dress.
I like that one!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:49 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Oh, now I have the perfect hat to go with them, got it in San Anton' ...

I like that one!

that is a nice one....some of them can look so....I dunno....
fake and ugly.

^wolfie someone tried to get same done here once but they wont even deal with mobile phones while driving.....
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:52 pm

eddie wrote:

I like that one!

that is a nice one....some of them can look so....I dunno....
fake and ugly.

^wolfie someone tried to get same done here once but they wont even deal with mobile phones while driving.....
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:07 pm

Cowboy hats vary drastically.  The felt variety are worn in colder climates such as Colorado, Wyoming and Montana.  In the southwest, you can't have felt hats--too hot.  In the southwest you want straw hats.  Ben lives in Texas and look at his.

Straw hats don't last as long as felt ones, and they tend to get cruddy and twisted.

Man Drives Into Pool As Flip Flops Get Tangled 51P2UybM18L._SX342_  Man Drives Into Pool As Flip Flops Get Tangled FvUG-v8A

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:22 pm

Man Drives Into Pool As Flip Flops Get Tangled Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrsN1je7xolHnCdcKXPdKZBjMxutSv4JYgKYXsculHRYwOtBOjOQ

Then there is the pink one you have to wear if going to Blackpool on a hen night

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:15 pm

Absolutely! It hurts my ankles when driving long distances  Sad  Much easier and comfortable to drive in heels Man Drives Into Pool As Flip Flops Get Tangled Thumbs34

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:26 pm

Nems wrote:Man Drives Into Pool As Flip Flops Get Tangled Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrsN1je7xolHnCdcKXPdKZBjMxutSv4JYgKYXsculHRYwOtBOjOQ

Then there is the pink one you have to wear if going to Blackpool on a hen night

Cool 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:34 pm

Reminds me of this............. I love you  Gavin and Stacey  lol! 

Hubby reckons I'm like Gavin's Mum Man Drives Into Pool As Flip Flops Get Tangled Pfft221

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:38 pm

Hilarious  lol! 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:41 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:Cool 

IN AUSTRALIA (and NZ and parts of S.E. Asia..) "flip flops" are called thongs (and what the Yanks label "thongs" are called G-strings..).

IN most, if not all, states down here, it is now illegal to wear thongs and other dangerous footwear while driving ~ and recommended that either you drive in bare feet (my preference, and that of many friends and relo's, during warmer weather..), or that you keep a pair of joggers or sneakers in the car to change into if your feet are too soft.    cyclops

If a Cop EVER tried to fine me for drivin in thongs

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:11 am

Actually my go-to hat is this Cov-Ver "Indy" model:

Man Drives Into Pool As Flip Flops Get Tangled 41HCOZImYoL

... but it can be a bit too warm for a really hot summer day (in excess of 40).
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:31 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Actually my go-to hat is this Cov-Ver "Indy" model:

Man Drives Into Pool As Flip Flops Get Tangled 41HCOZImYoL

... but it can be a bit too warm for a really hot summer day (in excess of 40).

I have a friend whose wife is rather partial to him wearing one of these in the bedroom, never fails apparently Man Drives Into Pool As Flip Flops Get Tangled Giggle92

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:42 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Cass wrote:.........................

Smile 

POLICE here in NSW have been paying extra attention to both issues in recent years...

every year it seems someone sensible gets a bill before the state house about banning use of mobile phones while driving then some jerk gets his pantries in a twist and starts screaming about his rights etc.....(although last time I checked the US constitution doesn't mention phones.....) and it gets thrown out. one asshats said "what will the go for next ? I wont be able to drive and drink my double big gulp at the same time?"

well yes yer fatness if you cant see out the window or your mirrors are blocked because you must have a 100oz container full of e numbers and sugar to go along with the greasy burger you are trying to simaltaneously eat or you crash into me because you slipped some on your lap then I'm good with banning.

idiots.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:44 pm

I agree totally, Cass.  Here in California they have already banned cell phones and driving.  Big-time $1,000+ fines.

Now the idiots are texting and driving.  Already killed a couple of kids in crosswalks doing that. Who could be so fooking stupid?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:27 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Absolutely! It hurts my ankles when driving long distances  Sad  Much easier and comfortable to drive in heels Man Drives Into Pool As Flip Flops Get Tangled Thumbs34

Rolling Eyes 

BOTH are exceedingly and stupidly dangerous, too !!!

BARE feet or flat heels, even sandals, are all MUCH safer options..

"Flip Flops" and high heels should both be banned while driving in ALL your countries !    :curtsy:

Hey Bee  ::D:: x

Honestly I am a much safer driver in heels that bare foot, it's what I'm used to doing.  Flip flops not so much but I have to admit to having a flip flop fetish  Man Drives Into Pool As Flip Flops Get Tangled Embarr34 I have a couple of pairs.................Man Drives Into Pool As Flip Flops Get Tangled Ashame35

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:02 am

Original Quill wrote:I agree totally, Cass.  Here in California they have already banned cell phones and driving.  Big-time $1,000+ fines.

Now the idiots are texting and driving.  Already killed a couple of kids in crosswalks doing that. Who could be so fooking stupid?

sadly too many. I lose count the number of times I see people on the phone taking corners or speeding or blowing a light or stop sign....and they are more likely to hurt others by their stupidiness than themselves....

it was law in the UK and I just carried on over here - the whole family did plus we told the boys that cars would be gone if we knew they were using phones during driving except in case of emergency. I rarely eat when I drive as well - I'm a good driver just gotta be prepared for the idiots.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:07 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
Cass wrote:.........................

Smile 

POLICE here in NSW have been paying extra attention to both issues in recent years...

UNAUSTRALIAN the Thongs thing... mobiles fair enough

Easy to spot the REAL Aussies

Man Drives Into Pool As Flip Flops Get Tangled 4299290-3x2-700x467
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down