NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurds rescue Yazidis from Iraqi mountain

+6
veya_victaous
Original Quill
Ben Reilly
captain
eddie
harvesmom
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Kurds rescue Yazidis from Iraqi mountain  - Page 3 Empty Kurds rescue Yazidis from Iraqi mountain

Post by Guest Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

Kurdish forces tell Al Jazeera they have opened a road to Sinjar, reaching more than 5,000 Yazidis besieged by IS group.

Iraqi Kurdish security forces have opened a road to Sinjar Mountain in northwestern Iraq, rescuing more than 5,000 Yazidis trapped there after running away from fighters from the Islamic State (IS) group, a Kurdish army spokesman has told Al Jazeera.

"I can confirm that we succeeded in reaching the mountains and opening a road for the refugees," said Halgord Hikmet, a spokesman for the peshmergas the Kurdish security forces.

Hikmet said that recent airstrikes on the IS targets by US warplanes had allowed the peshmergas to open a route to the mountain.

The IS, which has captured large areas of Syria and Iraq, see Shia Muslims and minorities such as Christians and Yazidis, a Kurdish ethno-religious community, as infidels.

The Yazidis, a minority that follow a 4,000-year-old faith, had taken cover in Sinjar Mountain for the past five days in searing heat, and with no supplies, after fleeing advancing IS fighters.

Two Kurdish officials, Ekrem Hasso and Juan Mohammad, told the AP news agency that the Yazidis fled across the border from Iraq to seek refuge with the Kurds of northeastern Syria.

Rami Abdurrahman, who heads the London-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, also said thousands of people have fled from Iraq into Syria but had no exact number.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2014/08/kurds-rescue-yazidis-from-iraq-mountain-201489135227783157.html

On the news tonight it said the reason they had not been able to before was because Obama and Cameron stopped the Kurds having arms. They ran out of bullets, which was why the IS managed to progress so far. We've fucked up the whole region and the people there pay the price for the mistake of America and Britain.

Back to top Go down

Kurds rescue Yazidis from Iraqi mountain  - Page 3 Empty Re: Kurds rescue Yazidis from Iraqi mountain

Post by Guest Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:28 pm

Deliberately pretending threads aren't there, and actually going over one of them to get to this one, just makes you look like the tit you are.

Back to top Go down

Kurds rescue Yazidis from Iraqi mountain  - Page 3 Empty Re: Kurds rescue Yazidis from Iraqi mountain

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:40 pm

Still no protests about Muslim savagery which is the real culprit in all of this, Just shifting blame onto Cameron....

Surely turkey could have helped the Kurds eh Sassy?

I wonder why they didnt...???!!!

Your hero Blair and the labour party have much to answer for.... more labour legacy!!!

What has Middle east peace envoy Blair been doing for the last few years?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:41 pm

I said you never read, can't stand Blair he's a slimey git and I'm probably the only person here who met him and talked to him for hours and told him what I thought of him about the invasion. We caused the trouble that is happening now by destabalising the area when we and America invaded Iraq and I have said so, so many times I have lost count, in fact on this board I have been attacked because of saying it. You're not worth a badger's breath Tommy, all you want to do is express your hatred. Sad, pathetic little man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:22 pm

It wasn't just Blair, it was the whole labour leadership.

And of course you spoke to him for hours telling him that....
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:34 pm

Yes Tommy, I did, have the photos to prove it.   There was a party political broadcast on the radio when they asked for questions to be text in.   I text one in and had a phone call from Patricia Hewitt, was very surprised.   Spoke to her and thought that was that.   The next day got a phone call from the Parliamentary Labour Party, asking if I would like to be one of 10 people to go up to spend the day with Tony Blair and Gordon Brown.   I explained at that time I did not vote Labour, but they said they had had thousands of texts but wanted to invite me, and it would be filmed.   As it was a chance to see the inside of Downing Street I accepted.   They came and picked me up on the allotted day, sat on the train from Colchester to London being filmed and talking about politics.   Then when we got to the HOC we went into the Prime Minister's offce and spent the morning there with Blair and Brown questioning them.   Then we went for lunch in Downing Street and carried on the conversation afterwards around the Cabinet table, it was a very interesting day and as it was only about a year after the Iraq invasion and I had marched against it, I spoke about it and said how wrong I thought it was.   It was perfectly obvious that Brown wasn't happy with it, but Blair seemed to think he had a god-given right and could not see the harm he had done.   He slides around on a snail trail, revolting man.

About two weeks later they put out a very cut down version of the film which only showed a few minutes of the meeting and cut out a lot of the bits they didn't like.

This is the Party Political Broadcast that set it in motion - Ask Tony and Gordon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3