NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blacks dont look good in Selfies so they are getting Abandoned in the UK

+2
Lone Wolf
veya_victaous
6 posters

Go down

Blacks dont look good in Selfies so they are getting Abandoned in the UK Empty Blacks dont look good in Selfies so they are getting Abandoned in the UK

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:46 am

BLACK cats are reportedly being abandoned in droves because they don’t look good in selfies, the UK’s RSPCA says.

The animal welfare organisation says 70 per cent of the more than 1000 cats in the UK without homes are black or black and white. And it appears that the internet and those countless cat pictures and videos might be to blame.

“In UK folklore, black cats symbolise good luck, yet sadly in reality they are not so lucky,” an RSPCA spokesman said. “There are a number of reasons for this, ranging from the fact that black cats are harder to tell apart than cats with more distinctive markings and the fact that black animals tend not to photograph as well.”

Animal charity Blue Cross said it had seen a 65 per cent rise in the number of black cats it took in each year between 2007 and 2013.

“We had some photos of a single eight-week-old tabby kitten on our Facebook page and received around 30 calls in two days from people keen to adopt him,” a spokesman told The Telegraph .

“We had maybe one call in relation to the black kittens which were posted for rehoming on the same day.”

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/home/selfies-are-bad-news-for-black-cats-says-the-rspca/story-fngwib2y-1227007918503

Blacks dont look good in Selfies so they are getting Abandoned in the UK 918212-2af0dbd2-17e8-11e4-8b83-8df6d69c6921
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Blacks dont look good in Selfies so they are getting Abandoned in the UK Empty Re: Blacks dont look good in Selfies so they are getting Abandoned in the UK

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:43 am

Send them all to Sunderland where they will be taken and cared for and given the respect that black cats deserve.

Blacks dont look good in Selfies so they are getting Abandoned in the UK Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnCqMBeAe9KSd9IP1MgC_pApIQUHb2vDD17PTYWpSPKOPYkIKm
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Blacks dont look good in Selfies so they are getting Abandoned in the UK Empty Re: Blacks dont look good in Selfies so they are getting Abandoned in the UK

Post by nicko Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:48 pm

I have a black cat,he's great, but he must think I'm not getting enough food.Every morning he leaves me a mouse or two just inside his catflap. one morning he woke the wife by jumping on the bed and dropping a live one on her chest!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:16 pm

nicko wrote:I have a black cat,he's great, but he must think I'm not getting enough food.Every morning he leaves me a mouse or two just inside his catflap. one morning he woke the wife by jumping on the bed and dropping a live one on her chest!

that's his contribution to the household....seriously that's how they see it....that's why they don't eat it or bring you back a mangled piece cause its to share!
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:57 pm

The one on the left with the white fur choker is my Beau, (pronounced 'Boo').

I got her because my (Marin County) home is backed by forests, and field mice abound.  She is forever bringing home little meeces for us to nibble on.

Love to eat dem mousies
Mousies what I love to eat.
Bite dey little heads off,
Nibble on dey tiny feet.

--B. Kliban

Blacks dont look good in Selfies so they are getting Abandoned in the UK Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtPoIu2jRH44ry2wmCWxngd-199BFx_81vfcUTxESNJH7CzE60

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down