NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's deadlier than a shark? Taking selfies

4 posters

Go down

What's deadlier than a shark? Taking selfies Empty What's deadlier than a shark? Taking selfies

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:16 pm

According to media reports, at least 12 people have been killed in selfie-related incidents so far in 2015 and many more injured, while only eight have died as a result of shark attacks.

The latest selfie-related death was of a 66-year-old Japanese tourist, who reportedly suffered a heart attack while posing with a selfie stick at the Taj Mahal in India last week. Other deaths have been caused by distracted photo-takers falling off cliffs, crashing their cars, being hit by trains, and even shooting themselves while posing with guns.

In fact, the selfie craze has proven so dangerous that officials in Australia had to fence off a 16-storey high rock that looks like a wedding cake because people wouldn't stop taking photos on it, despite fears it could collapse at any time.

Russia has also experienced its share of accidents: two men in the Urals were killed while taking a selfie of themselves holding a hand grenade with the pin pulled out (the photo survived as proof), and a teenager died in May while climbing onto a railway bridge to take a photo.

http://www.sciencealert.com/selfies-have-killed-more-people-than-sharks-this-year-reports-show

And there's always the old "Didn't notice the shark about to attack while taking my selfie":

What's deadlier than a shark? Taking selfies 033
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

What's deadlier than a shark? Taking selfies Empty Re: What's deadlier than a shark? Taking selfies

Post by nicko Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:39 pm

That last photo is scary.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

What's deadlier than a shark? Taking selfies Empty Re: What's deadlier than a shark? Taking selfies

Post by eddie Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:08 pm

I'm sure that photo is photoshopped but regardless, people who take and upload thousands of selfies are the world's most boring people.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:13 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
According to media reports, at least 12 people have been killed in selfie-related incidents so far in 2015 and many more injured, while only eight have died as a result of shark attacks.

The latest selfie-related death was of a 66-year-old Japanese tourist, who reportedly suffered a heart attack while posing with a selfie stick at the Taj Mahal in India last week. Other deaths have been caused by distracted photo-takers falling off cliffs, crashing their cars, being hit by trains, and even shooting themselves while posing with guns.

In fact, the selfie craze has proven so dangerous that officials in Australia had to fence off a 16-storey high rock that looks like a wedding cake because people wouldn't stop taking photos on it, despite fears it could collapse at any time.

Russia has also experienced its share of accidents: two men in the Urals were killed while taking a selfie of themselves holding a hand grenade with the pin pulled out (the photo survived as proof), and a teenager died in May while climbing onto a railway bridge to take a photo.

http://www.sciencealert.com/selfies-have-killed-more-people-than-sharks-this-year-reports-show

And there's always the old "Didn't notice the shark about to attack while taking my selfie":

The photo would have been better if the guy was black & not some old whitey.

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:22 pm

Lol you cant help yourself Shady can you!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:48 pm

Shady wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Excellent point. Even better if it was two black Muslim men kissing each other.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:15 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Shady wrote:

Ben you want your posters to faint?

Lolololol
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:22 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Shady wrote:

Lolololol

Hope they're picturing it in their minds What's deadlier than a shark? Taking selfies 4214183177
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:31 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Lolololol

Hope they're picturing it in their minds What's deadlier than a shark? Taking selfies 4214183177

Hahaha!

You are evil
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:38 pm

Are they unshaven with dark broody eyes?
Just my cup of tea Cool
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:22 am

I'v got a beard,(grey) blue eyes,. ( a bit bloodshot) I suppose a bonk is out of the question then?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:28 am

nicko wrote:I'v got a beard,(grey)   blue eyes,. ( a bit bloodshot)    I suppose a bonk is out of the question then?

I don't like blue eyes much - I have them myself - but I like brown eyes on men.

Sorry Nicko. It would've been a firm yes otherwise Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:33 am

Contact Lenses then?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:58 pm

nicko wrote:Contact Lenses then?

lol!

Nicko do you always ask ladies for a bunk up?
You must've asked me half a dozen times Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:06 pm

If you ask 100 times and get only one affirmative answer, you'v cracked it!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:11 pm

eddie wrote:Are they unshaven with dark broody eyes?
Just my cup of tea Cool

Only the women! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:31 pm

Nems wrote:
eddie wrote:Are they unshaven with dark broody eyes?
Just my cup of tea Cool

Only the women! lol!

lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down