NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apple to investigate "iPhone death" of Chinese woman

3 posters

Go down

Apple to investigate "iPhone death" of Chinese woman Empty Apple to investigate "iPhone death" of Chinese woman

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:49 pm

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Apple Inc is investigating an accident in which a Chinese woman was killed by an electric shock when answering a call on her iPhone 5 while it was charging, the U.S. technology company said on Monday.

Last Thursday, Ma Ailun, a 23-year-old woman from China's western Xinjiang region and a flight attendant with China Southern Airlines, was electrocuted when she took a call on the charging mobile telephone, the official Xinhua news agency quoted police as saying on Sunday.

"We are deeply saddened to learn of this tragic incident and offer our condolences to the Ma family. We will fully investigate and cooperate with authorities in this matter," Apple said in an e-mail.

Apple declined to comment on details, such as whether this was an isolated case.

http://news.yahoo.com/apple-probe-death-chinese-woman-died-charging-iphone-105228058.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Apple to investigate "iPhone death" of Chinese woman Empty Re: Apple to investigate "iPhone death" of Chinese woman

Post by Lurker Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:55 pm

I don't see how this is possible. The charging voltage is low DC voltage coming out of the charger. There is not enough voltage or current to kill somebody. This sounds fishy to me.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Apple to investigate "iPhone death" of Chinese woman Empty Re: Apple to investigate "iPhone death" of Chinese woman

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:13 am

@lurker
I think China has 240V electricity like Australia.
Our transformers could kill you if they were damaged or poorly made, still enough copper to make a circut from the outlet to the phone and the Iphone 5 has metal case. Quite probably it was a knockoff charger that was actually the culprit.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:06 am

I was assuming it was a plastic case. I guess it could electrocute her under your scenario. I guess I'm just a hopeless skeptic.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Apple to investigate "iPhone death" of Chinese woman Empty This is her picture

Post by Lurker Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:18 am

http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/07/15/Electrocuted-by-iPhone-womans-family-claims/4441373909393/?spt=fsb&or=ros
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down