NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannabis use causing schizophrenia or schizophrenia causing cannabis use?

2 posters

Go down

Cannabis use causing schizophrenia or schizophrenia causing cannabis use? Empty Cannabis use causing schizophrenia or schizophrenia causing cannabis use?

Post by Guest Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:08 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2667252/Are-cannabis-smokers-genetically-likely-develop-schizophrenia-Study-finds-people-predisposed-condition-smoke-without-risk-genes.html

That there is a link between cannabis use and schizophrenia has long been indicated but it seems claims that using cannabis can cause schizophrenia may be premature as a new study indicates that it may be the genetic tendency towards schizophrenia that makes cannabis use more likely rather than the other way around

Back to top Go down

Cannabis use causing schizophrenia or schizophrenia causing cannabis use? Empty Re: Cannabis use causing schizophrenia or schizophrenia causing cannabis use?

Post by nicko Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:24 pm

hello Sphinx, I notice you have a reference to Dean Koontz on your page.Do you read his books?.I think I have all of his books including the ones when he called himself Bachman.I think he's a great author.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Cannabis use causing schizophrenia or schizophrenia causing cannabis use? Empty Re: Cannabis use causing schizophrenia or schizophrenia causing cannabis use?

Post by The Puzzler Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:28 pm

A lot of people choose to self medicate with weed. Would be very interesting if schizophrenics were found to have a genetic predisposition to smoking(or eating, vaping etc) it, we already have cannabinoid receptors in our brains and this would prove even more so how essential it is as a plant. The fact that it's still illegal in 2014 is nothing short of criminal.
The Puzzler
The Puzzler
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:30 pm

nicko wrote:hello Sphinx,  I notice you have a reference to Dean Koontz  on your page.Do you read his books?.I think I have all of his books including the ones when he called himself Bachman.I think he's a great author.

Lol - my favourite author and I have most if not all his books in e-book format on phone. I thought Bachman was Stephen kings alter ego? I have Thinner and The running man and have read others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:43 pm

sphinx wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2667252/Are-cannabis-smokers-genetically-likely-develop-schizophrenia-Study-finds-people-predisposed-condition-smoke-without-risk-genes.html

That there is a link between cannabis use and schizophrenia has long been indicated but it seems claims that using cannabis can cause schizophrenia may be premature as a new study indicates that it may be the genetic tendency towards schizophrenia that makes cannabis use more likely rather than the other way around
most cannabis smokers have know this for years

And given the amount of people in the world who do smoke cannabis you would expect schizophrenia to be an epidemic... But it's not
I smoked for a long time and I don`t know anybody who is schizophrenic .....and my invisible friend concurs

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:53 pm

Sphinx, smack my bum,of cause your right, looking at my bookcase i'v got Stephen King smack in the middle of Dean Koontz's books. It's Richard Bachman's The Regulators, another good book by King  Embarassed 
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:08 pm

He has done some pen name work - I think Leigh Nicols is the best known and it has all be redone under his proper name. There is also a lot of bollocks with claims he wrote stuff which he didnt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down