NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KFC 'Kick Out' Little Girl, Victoria Wilcher, Disfigured In Savage Pit Bull Attack

+5
Lone Wolf
Raggamuffin
Cass
veya_victaous
Original Quill
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

KFC 'Kick Out' Little Girl, Victoria Wilcher, Disfigured In Savage Pit Bull Attack Empty KFC 'Kick Out' Little Girl, Victoria Wilcher, Disfigured In Savage Pit Bull Attack

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:20 pm

An adorable three-year-old girl left scarred by a savage pit bull attack was asked to leave a branch KFC because she was "scaring customers".
Victoria Wilcher and her family claim staff at the Jackson, Missouri diner approached them after receiving complaints from other customers.
A Facebook page set up to highlight the story says:

Victoria was attacked by a dog while staying at her grandmother's house in April. She was lucky to survive but was left with extensive scarring.
She was still being fed by a tube when the family visited the chicken retailer.
KFC have apologised for the incident.
Writing on the post mentioned above, they said: "Please accept our sincere apologies while we try to investigate this incident.
"We have zero tolerance for any kind of disrespectful behavior by our team members.
"Once we have further details, we will immediately investigate this and take action, and we wish nothing but the best for Victoria in her recovery."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06/15/kfc-girl-disfigured-pibtbull-attack_n_5496547.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

KFC 'Kick Out' Little Girl, Victoria Wilcher, Disfigured In Savage Pit Bull Attack Empty Re: KFC 'Kick Out' Little Girl, Victoria Wilcher, Disfigured In Savage Pit Bull Attack

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:22 pm

Bastards!

Back to top Go down

KFC 'Kick Out' Little Girl, Victoria Wilcher, Disfigured In Savage Pit Bull Attack Empty Re: KFC 'Kick Out' Little Girl, Victoria Wilcher, Disfigured In Savage Pit Bull Attack

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:28 pm

A real shocker, the staff are as stupid for asking the wee girl and her family to leave, even if anyone did ' complain'.

Insensitive arseholes...anyone ' put off' should leave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:34 pm

Well...give KFC a chance. They might be caught off guard just as much as y'all by this ugly incident. Could be the heads will roll.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:40 pm

Why give them a chance? Caught off guard - saying a disfigured little girl was frightening customers? That isn't caught off guard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:41 pm

Original Quill wrote:Well...give KFC a chance.  They might be caught off guard just as much as y'all by this ugly incident.  Could be the heads will roll.

They will have some responsibility here, as this is very much acting on company policies in regards to customer complaints.

What gets me is that people did complain as well as the action taken by the staff, how fucked up is that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:18 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Well...give KFC a chance.  They might be caught off guard just as much as y'all by this ugly incident.  Could be the heads will roll.

They will have some responsibility here, as this is very much acting on company policies in regards to customer complaints.

What gets me is that people did complain as well as the action taken by the staff, how fucked up is that?

Yeah. I have investigated KFC for violations of civil rights in the past...and I have served as an expert legal witness in the case against them in the US Federal Court. Lol...needless to say, they lost.

They have a sloppy record on discipline, IMO. But when they get spanked, as they surely will on this occasion, they come clean very quickly. They mean well. It's a management problem down the ranks.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:02 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:

Yeah.  I have investigated KFC for violations of civil rights in the past...and I have served as an expert legal witness in the case against them in the US Federal Court.  Lol...needless to say, they lost.

They have a sloppy record on discipline, IMO.  But when they get spanked, as they surely will on this occasion, they come clean very quickly.  They mean well.   It's a management problem down the ranks.
Arsehole problems in the ranks is perhapps more difinitive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:20 pm

Sassy wrote:Why give them a chance? Caught off guard - saying a disfigured little girl was frightening customers? That isn't caught off guard.

It's a terrible story. I don't like to think how this will affect the poor kid's self-image in the long-term.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:07 pm

lovedust wrote:
Sassy wrote:Why give them a chance?   Caught off guard - saying a disfigured little girl was frightening customers?   That isn't caught off guard.  

It's a terrible story. I don't like to think how this will affect the poor kid's self-image in the long-term.

Modern Re-constructive surgery can work Miracles  ::D:: ::D:: ::D:: 
AND even if her parent couldn't afford it before... KFC certainly can  Wink 

One of the Few Times Lawyers are actually useful  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:24 am

lovedust wrote:
Sassy wrote:Why give them a chance? Caught off guard - saying a disfigured little girl was frightening customers? That isn't caught off guard.

exactly. Hopefully she will forget it in time. poor sweetie.

I hope the "customer "who complained gets a big old bite of karma.

I don't go to KFC because frankly their food is gross and this only backs io my opinion of them. Idiots.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:13 am

Besides, they got a Popeye's Chicken in Tucson, on the corner of Grant and Alvernon Wy. Much better.

Look, it's a marginal business at best. They hire managers with the skill of buzzsaw, IMO. This is what they end up with.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:02 am

She was kicked out? Oh well, when she grows up she'll know how KFC chickens felt when they were kicked around. Her parents shouldn't have taken her there - nobody should be going there. Bastards.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:06 am

Thanks for confirming what I thought Rags.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:30 am

Sassy wrote:Thanks for confirming what I thought Rags.

That I care about the welfare of chickens and any animal which is abused and killed for people to eat? No problem.

Anyone who goes to KFC should have their feet stamped on.  ::D:: 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:33 am

Yep, that you care about them more than a disfigured child. I wouldn't go to KFC either BTW.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:35 am

Sassy wrote:Yep, that you care about them more than a disfigured child.   I wouldn't go to KFC either BTW.

The disfigured child didn't get tortured and abused by chickens did she?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:41 am

What sort of stupid family is this anyway? The girl was attacked by three dangerous dogs which belonged to her grandfather, and now her family have splashed her pictures all over Facebook! FFS - morons.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:56 am

So there's no actual evidence that the child was asked to leave then. There's no evidence that an employee said that, and yet KFC are giving this family a load of dosh. They say she's now embarrassed about her face. Well they're the ones who let her visit someone with dangerous dogs, and they're the ones who have put her name and pictures all over the internet. This story just stinks from start to finish.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:14 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:So there's no actual evidence that the child was asked to leave then. There's no evidence that an employee said that, and yet KFC are giving this family a load of dosh. They say she's now embarrassed about her face. Well they're the ones who let her visit someone with dangerous dogs, and they're the ones who have put her name and pictures all over the internet. This story just stinks from start to finish.

She was visiting a family member and the dogs who were outside got in and attacked her.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:20 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:So there's no actual evidence that the child was asked to leave then. There's no evidence that an employee said that, and yet KFC are giving this family a load of dosh. They say she's now embarrassed about her face. Well they're the ones who let her visit someone with dangerous dogs, and they're the ones who have put her name and pictures all over the internet. This story just stinks from start to finish.

She was visiting a family member and the dogs who were outside got in and attacked her.

Yes, her grandfather. Why on earth did he have dangerous dogs in the first place? I certainly think she should not have been there. Some people are just so stupid!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:22 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

Yes, her grandfather. Why on earth did he have dangerous dogs in the first place? I certainly think she should not have been there. Some people are just so stupid!

It was in the USA, their laws are different to ours.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/girl-3-who-lost-eye-3693538
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:44 pm

Sorry, but why oh why would you put pictures of your injured little girl all over Facebook like that? She can't give permission or anything. Why would you not contact KFC privately and complain? Why would you go into KFC in the first place?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Sorry, but why oh why would you put pictures of your injured little girl all over Facebook like that? She can't give permission or anything. Why would you not contact KFC privately and complain? Why would you go into KFC in the first place?

I read they are documenting her recovery progress to people who wish her well and there is nothing wrong with that unless you think her badly disfigured face should be hidden from view in case it upsets peoples delicate constitutions or puts them off their food.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:59 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Sorry, but why oh why would you put pictures of your injured little girl all over Facebook like that? She can't give permission or anything. Why would you not contact KFC privately and complain? Why would you go into KFC in the first place?

I read they are documenting her recovery progress to people who wish her well and there is nothing wrong with that unless you think her badly disfigured face should be hidden from view in case it upsets peoples delicate constitutions or puts them off their food.

Don't be absurd. I just think that she might not like it when she's older. Some people do actually like their privacy you know.

In fact, I can't see why people would be put off by her face, which makes me question whether this incident in KFC actually happened.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:01 pm

Anyway, I doubt she would remember the alleged incident when she's older. Of course she will know about it - because it's been splashed all over the internet.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

Don't be absurd. I just think that she might not like it when she's older. Some people do actually like their privacy you know.

In fact, I can't see why people would be put off by her face, which makes me question whether this incident in KFC actually happened.

She's a child and it is parents who make decisions for their kids. If she doesn't like it when she's older then let her remove them herself.

Why would you question something like that?
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:04 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Anyway, I doubt she would remember the alleged incident when she's older. Of course she will know about it - because it's been splashed all over the internet.

She's 3 years old, not 3 months and things like that put kids of dogs for life.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:07 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Anyway, I doubt she would remember the alleged incident when she's older. Of course she will know about it - because it's been splashed all over the internet.

Do you remember much from when you were three years old? I bet you don't.

I should think it would put someone off dogs, but that's not really such a big issue.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:24 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

Do you remember much from when you were three years old? I bet you don't.

I should think it would put someone off dogs, but that's not really such a big issue.

Yes, I recall certain events.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:51 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:Surprised 

IDIOT staff member at KFC overreacts, and takes it upon her/himself to eject family because they find an injured, bandaged and grazed child's face puts them off their battered chicken ~ then creates the rumoured customers' complaint as an excuse...

THAT staff member is likely to be dragged over the coals for such poor judgement, as well..

KFC is embarrassed by online expose and protests ~ offers $30,000 to help with her medical costs and reconstructive surgery.

WHILE investigating what went wrong..  Maybe they should investigate sending their staff to Macca's "Hamburger University" for a touch of re-programming ???    study

My sentiments exactly. I know KFC does not have a policy of embarrassing little girls. It was this idiot staff manager who did this. Take him or her back to school...if s/he still has a job.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:39 pm

Has it been established that the incident actually happened? I suppose fingers are pointing at the staff at the KFC and they'll probably receive death threats or something.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:44 pm

It apparently happened in Jackson, Missouri.  Is there an independent source?

As I look at Victoria's picture, she's still as cute as can be.  Sure there's trauma, but not enough to warrant kicking her out of a restaurant.  You have to wonder...was something else at issue here?

Still, KFC is owning the incident...as confirmed by an offer by KFC of $30,000 toward Victoria's recovery.  So I guess the issue is moot.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:37 pm

Original Quill wrote:It apparently happened in Jackson, Missouri.  Is there an independent source?

As I look at Victoria's picture, she's still as cute as can be.  Sure there's trauma, but not enough to warrant kicking her out of a restaurant.  You have to wonder...was something else at issue here?

Still, KFC is owning the incident...as confirmed by an offer by KFC of $30,000 toward Victoria's recovery.  So I guess the issue is moot.

They seem to have offered the money before they actually investigated.

I don't believe that customers complained - she doesn't look bad or anything.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:48 pm

JACKSON, Miss. —A 3-year-old girl who was attacked by pit bulls in April was asked to leave a Jackson restaurant because her scars scared customers, the girl's grandmother.said. "Does this face look scary to you?" accompanied a picture of Victoria Wilcher on the Facebook page Victoria's Victories, which documents the child's recovery from the attack at her grandfather's home in Simpson County. Authorities said one of Donald Mullins' dogs ripped open the back door and jumped on the girl. Two other dogs dragged her into the back yard and began mauling her, investigators said.

"The right side of her face is paralyzed. She's got a lot of surgeries to go through and she won't even look in the mirror anymore," said Victoria's grandmother, Kelly Mullins. "When we go to a store, she doesn't even want to get out of the car. She's 3 years old and she's embarrassed about what she looks like. She's embarrassed and I hate it because she shouldn't be. It ain't her fault."
Victoria hadn't felt that way until last week when she was turned away from a KFC in Jackson, Mullins said.

"I took her to the doctor and I went to KFC. I ordered a large sweet tea and her some mashed potatoes and gravy because she was hungry. She was on a feeding tube at the time, but I figured she could just swallow (the potatoes)," Mullins said. "They just told us, they said, 'We have to ask you to leave because her face is disrupting our customers.' Victoria understood exactly what they said."

http://www.dogsbitedecatural.com/2014/06/jackson-ms-3-year-old-girl-attacked-by.html?showComment=1402721884073

The grandfather and his girlfriend have been charged over the attack.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:00 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
So there's no actual evidence that the child was asked to leave then. There's no evidence that an employee said that, and yet KFC are giving this family a load of dosh. They say she's now embarrassed about her face. Well they're the ones who let her visit someone with dangerous dogs, and they're the ones who have put her name and pictures all over the internet. This story just stinks from start to finish.

What a Face 

KFC wouldn't have put up $30k if they didn't believe it...

AS FOR "evidence" :

* Testimony can be taken from witnesses;
* Staff members cab be asked for their versions of events..

IF they have security cameras, KFC managers can check that footage, as well.
   cyclops 

Yes, but I don't think that KFC have done that yet.

They might give away the dosh because they don't want bad things said about them on Facebook.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:32 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:
 What a Face 

KFC wouldn't have put up $30k if they didn't believe it...

AS FOR "evidence" :

* Testimony can be taken from witnesses;
* Staff members cab be asked for their versions of events..

IF they have security cameras, KFC managers can check that footage, as well.
   cyclops 

They might give away the dosh because they don't want bad things said about them on Facebook.

But by the same reasoning, they wouldn't make such an offer unless the facts had been confirmed.  If the question were still open, wouldn't the premature offer of $30,000 be taken as an admission? I don't think they would want that.  I would think they would wait to see.

Meaning, if they have made such an offer they are past confirming the facts of the incident.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:00 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

But by the same reasoning, they wouldn't make such an offer unless the facts had been confirmed.  If the question were still open, wouldn't the premature offer of $30,000 be taken as an admission?  I don't think they would want that.  I would think they would wait to see.

Meaning, if they have made such an offer they are past confirming the facts of the incident.

Apparently not.

KFC posted an apology the next morning, requesting details.

"As soon as we were notified of this report on Friday, we immediately began an investigation, as this kind of hurtful and disrespectful action would not be tolerated by KFC," spokesman Rick Maynard wrote Sunday in an email to The Associated Press. "Regardless of the outcome of our investigation, we have apologized to Victoria's family and are committed to assisting them. The company is making a $30,000 donation to assist with her medical bills. The entire KFC family is behind Victoria."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/kfc-giving-30k-to-scarred-girl-while-probing-claim-she-was-asked-to-leave-restaurant-1.1869987
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:38 pm

That's strange.  If I were their lawyer that's the last thing I would recommend...at this time.

Looks like they have something to hide. In fact, I suspect they know they do. As Bee said, it doesn't take but a second to look at the tape. I think they are feigning their own ignorance long enough to figure out a full response.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:51 pm

Original Quill wrote:That's strange.  If I were their lawyer that's the last thing I would recommend...at this time.

Looks like they have something to hide.  In fact, I suspect they know they do.  As Bee said, it doesn't take but a second to look at the tape.  I think they are feigning their own ignorance long enough to figure out a full response.

The tape wouldn't show them what was said anyway.

It is strange, I agree.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:47 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2666653/Hoax-Story-3-year-old-victim-pit-bull-attack-kicked-KFC-restaurant-facial-injuries-scared-diners-untrue-claims-party-investigation.html

All a hoax apparently

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:48 am

sphinx wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2666653/Hoax-Story-3-year-old-victim-pit-bull-attack-kicked-KFC-restaurant-facial-injuries-scared-diners-untrue-claims-party-investigation.html

All a hoax apparently

Interesting.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:53 am

Well there you are ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:56 am

So if it really was a hoax, will there be apologies to the staff at that particular KFC? Will the family received the money?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:06 am

There is speculation the grand mother may be in breach of the law.

Quite besides all that though has anyone stopped to think about what this is doing to that poor little girl?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:10 am

sphinx wrote:There is speculation the grand mother may be in breach of the law.

Quite besides all that though has anyone stopped to think about what this is doing to that poor little girl?

Agreed, I think it is appalling to have used this girl, in this way.

Catch you later

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:24 am

sphinx wrote:There is speculation the grand mother may be in breach of the law.

Her photos are already splashed all over Facebook. I said before that I didn't think that was a good idea.

My main concern is for the staff. They're just trying to earn some money to pay their bills, and they had loads of people talking about them in a disgusting way. They probably get paid minimum wage too. For some random woman to come along and accuse one of them of mistreating a little girl has probably really upset them.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:48 am

She is being taught that she is shocking to people (which she is not and should be taught the opposite) and to use that shock value to scam.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next