NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girl, 6, Injured In Attack By Police Dog

Go down

Girl, 6, Injured In Attack By Police Dog  Empty Girl, 6, Injured In Attack By Police Dog

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:23 pm

A six-year-old girl has been bitten by a police dog after it was set loose to catch a suspected car thief. An internal police investigation has been launched into the attack after the youngster needed hospital treatment. The Greater Manchester Police dog team had been called to Briscoe Lane in Newton Heath, Manchester, at around 8pm when a stolen Fiat Punto ploughed into a wall. The driver fled the scene and the dog was sent after him.
Police said the girl was bitten during this chase, but was not seriously injured. A GMP spokesman said: "A police dog was deployed to pursue the offender and during the chase a six-year-old girl was unfortunately bitten. "The girl was taken to hospital and kept in overnight for observation. Her injuries are not believed to be serious. "An automatic referral has been made to the Greater Manchester Police Professional Standards Branch."

http://news.sky.com/story/1546016/girl-6-injured-in-attack-by-police-dog

Back to top Go down

Girl, 6, Injured In Attack By Police Dog  Empty Re: Girl, 6, Injured In Attack By Police Dog

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:19 pm

hmmmm...in any other case the dog would be put down and the owner prosecuted....

clearly if the dog bit that child it was "out of control"

under NO circumstances is this acceptable.....

Back to top Go down

Girl, 6, Injured In Attack By Police Dog  Empty Re: Girl, 6, Injured In Attack By Police Dog

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:11 pm

The girl is OK, and the dog was just doing its job - or what it thought was its job.

Move on.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:17 pm

so if my dog bit your kid ?

they dog was NOT doing its job if it bit the kid....It was "out of control"

or ill trained

or improperly supervised/handled

the dog should be put down and the handler sacked.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:18 pm

no difference between this and "negligent discharge " of a firearm

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:24 pm

victorismyhero wrote:so if my dog bit your kid ?

or ill trained

Don't agree. These dogs do a great job generally, and they shouldn't be punished for getting it wrong by mistake.

It would make me sick if the dog was put down because of this.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:so if my dog bit your kid ?

or ill trained

Don't agree. These dogs do a great job generally, and they shouldn't be punished for getting it wrong by mistake.

I don't think the dog should be put down but perhaps retired as not suitable for his role.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:27 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I don't think the dog should be put down but perhaps retired as not suitable for his role.

Yes, that would be OK. He/she could go to a nice home.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:33 pm

where? Its already bitten a child....so now it thinks doing that is ok......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:34 pm

as it is the trainer wants shooting and the handler hanging.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:38 pm

As much as I hate to see any dog put down, I completely agree with Victor. The same rules should apply.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:38 pm

victorismyhero wrote:where?   Its already bitten a child....so now it thinks doing that is ok......

Do you think that it will do it again?  I was bitten by a dog when I was 7 as I rode past it on my bike.  I remember my Dad being furious but the dog wasn't put down and I don't think it bit again.

Perhaps if the dog is taken out of the working and excitable environment it would be ok? Girl, 6, Injured In Attack By Police Dog  Questi12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:49 pm

I have in the past owned and trained 2 GSD.....they were trained, by myself, as personal protection dogs.

one word from me and they would likely have eaten an assailant whole and spat the bones out later....
they would WALK through flame
they would seek human scent in a fire
they would pull someone out of water

but attack a child...no.... they were so trained that they would have ignored a command EVEN FROM me to attack a child.....in fact they would likey lick em to death....slobber....

apparantly children taste nice....ice cream, crisps, chocolate etc etc etc....

the first one would sleep at the side of my eldest child

the second one ...a few years on slept at the top of the stairs, on guard.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:05 pm

victorismyhero wrote:I have in the past owned and trained 2 GSD.....they were trained, by myself, as personal protection dogs.

one word from me and they would likely have eaten an assailant whole and spat the bones out later....
they would WALK through flame
they would seek human scent in a fire
they would pull someone out of water

but attack a child...no.... they were so trained that they would have ignored a command EVEN FROM me to attack a child.....in fact they would likey lick em to death....slobber....

apparantly children taste nice....ice cream, crisps, chocolate etc etc etc....

the first one would sleep at the side of my eldest child

the second one ...a few years on slept at the top of the stairs, on guard.....

I guess that says it all Victor.  It makes me sad to see dogs put down at no real fault of their own but if there is no hope of he/she being able to live a good quality of life without potentially hurting others there is no choice Sad

I would never leave Max with a child unattended and he is a soppy date, but you just never know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:05 pm

If they put it down, they should stop using dogs at all for police work. Dogs aren't there to be used and abused when people feel like it. They're trained to bite someone, so it's not their fault if they get the wrong person from time to time.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:07 pm

I was bitten by a dog once, and it wasn't put down, and I didn't ask for it to be put down. It's absurd to say that the dog would do it again. It just got the wrong person, that's all.

Some dogs aren't safe of course - if they attack someone for no reason and really do some damage, and they're generally vicious.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:10 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:If they put it down, they should stop using dogs at all for police work. Dogs aren't there to be used and abused when people feel like it. They're trained to bite someone, so it's not their fault if they get the wrong person from time to time.

wrong! utterly wrong

they are NOT trained to "bite"

they are trained to hold .......AND SHOULD BE TRAINED NOT to attack a child

Bad training/poor assesment and even worse handling
police dogs are NOT attack dogs, never have been and never should be.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:13 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:If they put it down, they should stop using dogs at all for police work. Dogs aren't there to be used and abused when people feel like it. They're trained to bite someone, so it's not their fault if they get the wrong person from time to time.

wrong! utterly wrong

they are NOT trained to "bite"

they are trained to hold .......AND SHOULD BE TRAINED NOT to attack a child

Bad training/poor assesment and even worse handling
police dogs are NOT attack dogs, never have been and never should be.....

Well the dog obviously didn't bite the girl very hard, so maybe it just held her arm.

Of course they're supposed to attack - how the hell do you think they bring down criminals who are running away?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:27 pm

shows how little you know of dog training Rolling Eyes

moreover the operative word is "bite" not attack

they should be trained to attack ...without biting and causing damage....
a dog is quite capable of holding firmly without biting as such...

regardless...it should NOT have happened...

I realise that you are the sort that think police can do no wrong....that much is clear from your posts about the american police atrocities.....but your opinion aint worth zilch out there in the real world....

try talking to some "real" trainers and try finding out what a PROPERLY trained dog can (and should) do......

quite simply it should NOT have targeted the child....there is NO excuse and NO mitigation....

either the dog is a dumb ass, is wilfully disobediant or has been badly trained....in any of which cases it is likely useless (though with time and luck it may be possible to reverse poor training)

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:29 pm

Bite as in use their fucking mouth and teeth.

Seriously - get a grip.

Rehome the dog instead of killing it. I know you like to kill animals at the drop of hat, but this is pathetic even for you.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:33 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Bite as in use their fucking mouth and teeth.

Seriously - get a grip.

Rehome the dog instead of killing it. I know you like to kill animals at the drop of hat, but this is pathetic even for you.

bite as in cause damage...... Rolling Eyes

and what part of "it should not have even targeted the child" can you not grasp.....

where you going to rehome it???

I suppose you could send it to some pikey to chain up in his scrap yard???

It certainly cant go into any sort of family home, nor where there are likely to be children present around it...too great a risk.

I suppose that you also think we should rehome the handler too??? Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:37 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Bite as in use their fucking mouth and teeth.

Seriously - get a grip.

bite as in cause damage...... Rolling Eyes

and what part of "it should not have even targeted the child" can you not grasp.....

where you going to rehome it???

I suppose you could send it to some pikey to chain up in his scrap yard???

It certainly cant go into any sort of family home, nor where there are likely to be children present around it...too great a risk.

I suppose that you also think we should rehome the handler too??? Laughing

Well there are people other than "pikeys" and people with young children you know.

Dogs do bite people sometimes - they have teeth you know.

You're thinking of bears anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down