NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this forum is a joke, a sick joke at that...you

+10
stardesk
nicko
eddie
Lone Wolf
veya_victaous
Eilzel
Ben Reilly
Raggamuffin
scrat
Fluffyx
14 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

this forum is a joke, a sick joke at that...you - Page 3 Empty this forum is a joke, a sick joke at that...you

Post by Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

you can yell swear, call, wish death on someone but if you say something against gays its against the rules.... Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile 

absolutely pathetic ben, very very sad...

Back to top Go down

this forum is a joke, a sick joke at that...you - Page 3 Empty Re: this forum is a joke, a sick joke at that...you

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:41 am

stardesk wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:I personally don't fear any word, but on the other hand I've put a lot of time and a suffered a lot of frustration due to this board, and slurs are where I draw the line.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Ben. But isn't that partly your own fault, especially when you tell people to 'F' off. I can swear as well as the next person, but in discussion forums I don't think it's necessary. Put your self across as a nice person and you'll usually get a nice response.

Not nit-picking mate, just trying to be helpful.

PS: I'm surprised that admin can't automatically filter out rude words.

He Can but i have convinced him that would be Racist  Cool Cool Cool 

pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat We Aussies Can't help it  pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat 
And you're Racist If you don't accept our version of the English language  Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

this forum is a joke, a sick joke at that...you - Page 3 Empty Re: this forum is a joke, a sick joke at that...you

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:37 pm

TC wrote:
stardesk wrote:Agreed, our Admin are tolerant, but surely it isn't necessary to use such words as F's and C's. Freedom of speech is a great thing, but surely there should be limits to such usage in public forums. How do you think old folk or perhaps retired professional people would respond, on seeing such language? They most likely would F off and not come back. The forum, and any forum, would benefit by filtering out bad language.

Va te faire foutre connard stupide, vous putain connard.

Il ya des choses plus importantes à penser dans le monde.

Les jurons sont un problème mineur.  tongue 

Which translates to..........

TC wrote:Fuck you stupid bastard, you fucking asshole.

There are more important things to think about in the world.

Swearing is a minor problem.

How dare you speak to Stardesk like that, out of order TC this forum is a joke, a sick joke at that...you - Page 3 Drives10

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:48 pm

feelthelove wrote:
TC wrote:

How dare you speak to Stardesk like that, out of order TC this forum is a joke, a sick joke at that...you - Page 3 Drives10

because Phil is too much of a coward to say its really him. and yes its well out of order when stardesk was just talking about civility.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:52 pm

Cass wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

because Phil is too much of a coward to say its really him. and yes its well out of order when stardesk was just talking about civility.

Hi Cass, Stardesk is a sweetheart and a lovely genuine guy  I love you  There was absolutely no need for anyone to post to him in that way  No

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:06 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Cass wrote:

Hi Cass, Stardesk is a sweetheart and a lovely genuine guy  I love you  There was absolutely no need for anyone to post to him in that way  No

Well...perhaps Star was speaking a bit naively...or perhaps he is clergy. That's the first thing that came to mind when I read his post.

Ben is just being Ben...they are plain speakers in Texas. Haha...they ain't doffers and they certainly don't tip-toe through the tulips. Let the man have his opinion.

Cheers Stardesk. Gd to see ya.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:13 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Cass wrote:

I get what he is saying though.....seriously you go to the grocery store and every other word is F this....even at work. I get that there is a time and place for swearing - I partake myself sometimes but its not part of my daily lexicon. I get its Ben's forum and all that nor am I for censorship but perhaps we should all be aware of how we come across in daily interactions with others whether it be face to face or in written form.

can I get a he double hockysticks yeah? Cool
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:17 pm

...take it easy TC,while  I disagree with Stars on some issues, he is not rude in general and like me, he follows the unspoken rule...of only returning gyp if given it first.

And often even that Stars doesn't do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:20 pm

Cass wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

I get what he is saying though.....seriously you go to the grocery store and every other word is F this....even at work. I get that there is a time and place for swearing - I partake myself sometimes but its not part of my daily lexicon. I get its Ben's forum and all that nor am I for censorship but perhaps we should all be aware of how we come across in daily interactions with others whether it be face to face or in written form.

can I get a he double hockysticks yeah? Cool

Honestly Cass although I don't swear often if others want to it's up to them.  I'm really not bothered, this upsets me more  this forum is a joke, a sick joke at that...you - Page 3 Finger10  I hate it with a passion.

It was the
 that upset me, out of order and an unnecessary addition to the actual content ie
TC wrote:There are more important things to think about in the world.

Unwarranted abuse  Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:22 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:you can yell swear, call, wish death on someone but if you say something against gays its against the rules.... Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile 

absolutely pathetic ben, very very sad...

I guess if you're a homophobic bigot you won't really garner much support.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:25 pm

^FTL I agree. and that is why I am calling him a coward (not stardesk).

Last edited by Cass on Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:35 pm

Cass wrote:^FTL I agree. and that is why I am calling him a cowar (not stardesk).

Thanks Cass  I love you x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:39 pm

Any idea why Phil is allowed back?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:44 pm

Same reason Drinky is, Ben can't prove it. And yes, I have taken you off ignore for the time being, I'm hoping civilisation may descend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:48 pm

Well, your quite correct Sassy, Drinky is here spit  of his extreme RW venom picking on Muslims , but Ben can't prove that either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:53 pm

Cass wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Hoe is dat idioot terug in hier

Ik hoop dat zijn lul rotten uit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:56 pm

phil aka catman...aka oxygen thief

in the words of meatloaf, from "objects in the rear view mirror"

"he was dangerous and drunk and defeated.
and corroded by failure and envy and hate"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:56 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Cass wrote:

this forum is a joke, a sick joke at that...you - Page 3 Faint_10 You speak Dutch?????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:58 pm

feelthelove wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

this forum is a joke, a sick joke at that...you - Page 3 Faint_10 You speak Dutch?????

If he writes it again it will be double Dutch  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:59 pm

3:00....3:07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:59 pm

feelthelove wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

badly...but yes a little.....

for instance i make the SAME error as "literal" translator bots

i THINK, that that last line should correctly be

Ik dat zijn lul rotten uit hoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:03 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

WOW! this forum is a joke, a sick joke at that...you - Page 3 Master10x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:04 pm

because like many scandinavian/germanic laguages

they dont say "the kings castle"
they say "the castle of the king"

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:06 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:because like many scandinavian/germanic laguages

the past subjunctive always did for me......
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:07 pm

feelthelove wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

WOW! this forum is a joke, a sick joke at that...you - Page 3 Master10x

Its actually quite easy...although spelt "funny" many of their words sound exactly the same as ours and mean the same

so wijf...said wife...means wife

the J is an almost silent "y"

and reinforces the "hard" "i" as in mine as opposed to the sharp "i " as in ink

mijn.....said mine...means mine(or my) (as in its mine)

so talking about myself I would say Ik heb....I have

and so on....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:11 pm

Cass wrote:

Eeeeeeek...technical terms...

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:11 pm

feelthelove wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

ja ......Heiniken!

Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:12 pm

Cass wrote:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:13 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Cass wrote:

if that scares ya try past imperfect subjunctive
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:14 pm

Cass wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

ja ......Heiniken!

aardvark...

why the zoo keeper didnt like cleaning out the anteaters....it was too much like.....................................................................................arrdvark

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:15 pm

Cass wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

if that scares ya try past imperfect subjunctive

ALL them terms scare me...i dont know one from another...

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:21 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Cass wrote:

ja ......Heiniken!

aardvark...

why the zoo keeper didnt like cleaning out the anteaters....it was too much like.....................................................................................arrdvark

boom boom.....he'll be here all week folks ......Gawd help us (this would be where I insert an funny emoticon but I cant because I am in my crappy kindle so all I can do is....) Cool
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:24 pm

Cass wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

aardvark...

boom boom.....he'll be here all week folks ......Gawd help us (this would be where I insert an funny emoticon but I cant because I am in my crappy kindle so all I can do is....) Cool

I think that was what you call scraping the bottom of the cage lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:29 pm

whats huge and grey and got two trunks????

an elephant going on a cruise

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:35 pm

how do you know an elephant's been in your fridge?

footprints in the butter
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:37 pm

what do you get if you cross an elephant with a kangaroo???

damn big holes all over australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:42 pm

why are elephants wrinkled?

have you ever tried to iron one?
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:42 pm

What does and elephant drink?

Ele-Fanta of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:44 pm

what does Tarzan say when he sees a herd of elephants in the distance?

look a herd of elephants in the distance

boom boom.....laters guys x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:46 pm

how do you get an elephant up an oak tree?

sit him on an acorn and wait for spring

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:47 pm

Well, that lightened us up! Night Cass xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:48 pm

If uncle jack helped you off an elephant would you help uncle jack off an elephant ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:48 pm

nite Cass...

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:51 pm

VICTOR!!!!!!!!!

Ok I admit junior and are laffing......

I'm off for a nap back later when you are all tucked up with the bed bugs lol x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:48 am

Morning all. Thanks for the nice comments and support. In reply to the abuse aimed at me how about if I said to them: 'Fick auf, sie dum kopf.' Or perhaps 'you're a personna non grata.'

I'm no religious self-righteous prude, but a dedicted evolutionist, as some of you know, but I was brought up to respect other people, as well as having some measure of self respect. I've mixed and worked with people from all walks of life, but learned that pleasantries and being polite and nice usually reciprocates the same. Using good, and nice, English in discussions helps the discussion forward, whereas swearing usually brings it to a full stop, and, like me, the tendency to leave and go elsewhere.

I don't want to leave Newsfix, we've had some good discussions, but I've signed back into Flappy, to see what's going on there. I can but hope they're more sociable.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:30 pm

stardesk wrote:Morning all. Thanks for the nice comments and support. In reply to the abuse aimed at me how about if I said to them: 'Fick auf, sie dum kopf.' Or perhaps 'you're a personna non grata.'

I'm no religious self-righteous prude, but a dedicted evolutionist, as some of you know, but I was brought up to respect other people, as well as having some measure of self respect. I've mixed and worked with people from all walks of life, but learned that pleasantries and being polite and nice usually reciprocates the same. Using good, and nice, English in discussions helps the discussion forward, whereas swearing usually brings it to a full stop, and, like me, the tendency to leave and go elsewhere.

I don't want to leave Newsfix, we've had some good discussions, but I've signed back into Flappy, to see what's going on there. I can but hope they're more sociable.

Hey Stars,,,

Good luck with Flap, as it's anything but good and polite English(bar one or two) , but if your Looking to see such such sociable posts, you might have to wade through puddles of faeces to get there with the like of A'rdon , Flap , Wyatt , Flap, Kaka, Bliar and co!

(Bar our resident extreme RW fascists from Flap here) we are a braw bunch of guys and gals here  cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:40 pm

stardesk wrote:Morning all. Thanks for the nice comments and support. In reply to the abuse aimed at me how about if I said to them: 'Fick auf, sie dum kopf.' Or perhaps 'you're a personna non grata.'

Stardesk in all honesty, how you can even think that the filth on Flap could be better than the discussions on here is beyond me. I hope you keep posting here, much pleasanter.

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:47 pm

Hi JD, and Sassy. I'll stick around for a while and see how things go. But it does puzzle me as to why Admin doesn't filter out bad language, or send a warning to the culprit.

Anyway, let's see what's going on in the topics. Bye for now.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:28 pm

stardesk wrote:Hi JD, and Sassy. I'll stick around for a while and see how things go. But it does puzzle me as to why Admin doesn't filter out bad language, or send a warning to the culprit.

Anyway, let's see what's going on in the topics. Bye for now.

I think we had that discussion once.  Sometimes a well turned swear word avoids a laborious paragraph.  Othertimes, admin doesn't want to impose censorship...although, I must say, if you are going to allow prick and asshole, why cunt is offensive is beyond me...meh, it's not what you do, but who you know.

I will add that I notice that the swear word quotient elevates as the cocktail hour progresses.  Lol.  But all-in-all, I can take it either way.  While swearing is not all that nice, neither is commenting upon it.  To some it comes natural, and others can just avoid it.  I like FTL's attitude about it.

I, too, hope you stick around, Star.  Flap??  We gotta be better that that!  No offense to Dean...nice guy.  But that place is a meat factory...I hear, never been there.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by TC Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:19 am

feelthelove wrote:
TC wrote:

Eh bien, je suis tellement désolé que je vous offensé tarte au sucre!

Est-ce que son mieux en espagnol pour vous?
TC
TC
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:24 am

Est-ce que je peux avoir en arabe veuillez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next