NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just when you thought it was safe to stay awake ... it's another GOODNIGHT THREAD

4 posters

Go down

Just when you thought it was safe to stay awake ... it's another GOODNIGHT THREAD Empty Just when you thought it was safe to stay awake ... it's another GOODNIGHT THREAD

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:17 am

Yep. I've been up for 19 hours, running on fumes and my own indomitable awesomeness, but even greatness such as this must periodically close its droopy eyelids and drift off to dreamland, where it will no doubt be inspired to even awesomer greatitude ... good night all you kids out there in NewsFixLand.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Just when you thought it was safe to stay awake ... it's another GOODNIGHT THREAD Empty Re: Just when you thought it was safe to stay awake ... it's another GOODNIGHT THREAD

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:22 am

What was I thinking, saying goodnight without a song? Enjoy:

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Just when you thought it was safe to stay awake ... it's another GOODNIGHT THREAD Empty Re: Just when you thought it was safe to stay awake ... it's another GOODNIGHT THREAD

Post by Fluffyx Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:18 pm

Aww,this thread is sweet  ::ftlcheer:: ::ftlcheer:: 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:43 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:Aww,this thread is sweet  ::ftlcheer:: ::ftlcheer:: 

I can be that way when my brain gets sufficiently warped Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:14 pm

Did you get any sleep ?

i haven't slept properly yet so i hope i will tonight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:56 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:Aww,this thread is sweet  ::ftlcheer:: ::ftlcheer:: 

I can be that way when my brain gets sufficiently warped Smile

So sleep deprived that you don't know which way is up  Sad Nothing wrong with being sweet Ben  Just when you thought it was safe to stay awake ... it's another GOODNIGHT THREAD Lolly10  Just when you thought it was safe to stay awake ... it's another GOODNIGHT THREAD Giggle13

Have to admit I've slept terribly the past few nights, I don't do no sleep and I sometimes struggle to empty my mind Just when you thought it was safe to stay awake ... it's another GOODNIGHT THREAD Sleep10 No blonde jokes  Just when you thought it was safe to stay awake ... it's another GOODNIGHT THREAD Pretty10  lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:13 am

No blonde jokes from me now, and VOD, I wish you a deep and restful sleep! Goodnight John-boy Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:18 am

And again, I've been posting and reading too late, when the only reason I got back on the computer in the first place was to read the Wikipedia article on Freddy Kreuger -- so good night!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:06 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:And again, I've been posting and reading too late, when the only reason I got back on the computer in the first place was to read the Wikipedia article on Freddy Kreuger -- so good night!

well that is certainly a good way to ensure a good night's sleep!
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:15 pm

Cass wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:And again, I've been posting and reading too late, when the only reason I got back on the computer in the first place was to read the Wikipedia article on Freddy Kreuger -- so good night!

Smile Fond childhood memories!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:41 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Cass wrote:

For you maybe....one of the boys didn't understand why I wouldn't let him go as FK (see I can't even stand to write his name) on Halloween one year....no Jason? He totally rocked and the dumb ass girls who always showered or went for a walk alone at night should've known better. Also NEVER go into the basement alone. NEVER pick up the phone or leave the curtains open while babysitting. It's just common sense!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:44 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Cass wrote:

For you maybe....one of the boys didn't understand why I wouldn't let him go as FK (see I can't even stand to write his name) on Halloween one year....no Jason? He totally rocked and the dumb ass girls who always showered or went for a walk alone at night should've known better. Also NEVER go into the basement alone. NEVER pick up the phone or leave the curtains open while babysitting. It's just common sense!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:45 pm

So good I had to say it twice
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:49 pm

I'd love to see a horror movie where the characters didn't act stupidly -- no running upstairs from the killer, no splitting up the group and for the love of Pete, no sex until the killer is disposed of Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:06 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I'd love to see a horror movie where the characters didn't act stupidly -- no running upstairs from the killer, no splitting up the group and for the love of Pete, no sex until the killer is disposed of Smile

Have you seen the original Wicker Man film Ben?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:08 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I'd love to see a horror movie where the characters didn't act stupidly -- no running upstairs from the killer, no splitting up the group and for the love of Pete, no sex until the killer is disposed of Smile

Have you seen the original Wicker Man film Ben? It's not horror with a big 'H' but there are similarities and it's... smart.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:18 pm

lovedust wrote:

Have you seen the original Wicker Man film Ben? It's not horror with a big 'H' but there are similarities and it's... smart.

Cool film LD Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:51 pm

lovedust wrote:

Yes I have, good ol' Edward Woodward! And Britt Eckland ... Smile

If you like that kind of creepy-cult movie, might I recommend Martha Marcy May Marlene? It's the type of movie that makes you want to read books about its subject matter when you're doing watching.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:27 pm

Thanks for the recommendation... I'd say I appreciated rather than liked TWM per se as I found it truly unsettling, to a point I asked my friend if we could skip ahead to the final act after 20 minutes to try and take the sting out of the film (unsuccessfully, as it happens).

But then I'm a big wuss

ETA: The friend of someone I know blagged his way into Brit's room during recording of the "Willow's Song" scene, so he could help her keep time by banging a tom-tom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:56 pm

I bet he did everything he could to help out Smile

Maybe "like" isn't the right word, but I do enjoy scary movies. The feel of MMMM isn't so much flat-out terrifying as it is a feeling of weirdness and dread, though. It's certainly not a "body count" movie.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:02 pm

I think "eerie" is in some ways scarier than "terrifying"... Ben do you think it's possible to google MMMM without spoilering it?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:19 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
lovedust wrote:

If you like that kind of creepy-cult movie, might I recommend Martha Marcy May Marlene? It's the type of movie that makes you want to read books about its subject matter when you're doing watching.

Are you sure that's a film or your sex address book Ben?  Cool 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:34 pm

Night all, really can't sit and watch another bloody Maddie thread grow bigger and bigger. Like ghouls salivating over the blood and gore at an accident.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:08 am

Goodnight Sass xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:24 pm

Right, that's me for the night, goodnight all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:04 am

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
lovedust wrote:

Are you sure that's a film or your sex address book Ben?  Cool 

:aspffftas: ::roglol:: ::rockout:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:07 am

lovedust wrote:
I think "eerie" is in some ways scarier than "terrifying"... Ben do you think it's possible to google MMMM without spoilering it?

Let me see ... this is the best I could find that doesn't give away too much. It looks like there are a lot of spoilers out there.

http://www.nytimes.com/movies/movie/462721/Martha-Marcy-May-Marlene/overview
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:57 pm

Night all, sweet dreams Just when you thought it was safe to stay awake ... it's another GOODNIGHT THREAD Sleep_10xxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:01 pm

G'night ftl xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:01 am

s'not fair most of you have gone to bed and I'm wide awake....ah well candy crush here we go.....
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:20 am

Cass wrote:s'not fair most of you have gone to bed and I'm wide awake....ah well candy crush here we go.....

Same here, just drank two tequilas, a beer and a Jamesons and I'm wide-ass awake thanks to that bullshit FC Dallas-Portland game ... I've got my Irish up ...

The Portland Timbers came back to earn a 2-2 draw against FC Dallas at Providence Park Wednesday night.

Dallas started off the scoring in the 27th minute when forward Blas Perez sent a beautiful cross to midfielder Fabian Castillo. Castillo controlled the ball with his chest, took a touch and then sent the ball into the corner of the net to give Dallas the 1-0 lead.

Dallas scored again in the 37th minute when forward Tesho Akindele rocketed a pass around Castillo to Perez at the top of the box. Perez scored to give Dallas the 2-0 lead.

The Timbers closed the gap when Fanendo Adi was tripped in the box in the 79th minute and the Timbers were awarded a penalty kick.

In a strange turn of events, Timbers captain Will Johnson and forward Gaston Fernandez spent a few minutes arguing over who would take the PK. Finally, Johnson took the PK and scored.

Dallas was then issued two red cards in the span of five minutes. Moises Hernandez was issued a red card in the 87th minute and then Blas Perez was issued a red card in stoppage time.

Playing two men up, the Timbers were able to score the equalizer in stoppage time when Pa Modou Kah put a ball in the back of the net.

http://www.oregonlive.com/timbers/index.ssf/2014/06/portland_timbers_come_back_to_1.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:27 am

ouch 2 reds in 5 minutes? ref lost control of the game? have another tequila....I have some chicken sandwiches and am off to bed with a good book. Mr. C is snoring already!

junior junior is at cup regionals.....they won 1st game - he scored!!! and I am not there to see it Sad next game tomorrow am....will let you know.......GO BLUE!!!!!

G'nite sweets xx
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:40 am

Cass wrote:ouch 2 reds in 5 minutes? ref lost control of the game? have another tequila....I have some chicken sandwiches and am off to bed with a good book. Mr. C is snoring already!

junior junior is at cup regionals.....they won 1st game - he scored!!! and I am not there to see it :(next game tomorrow am....will let you know.......GO BLUE!!!!!

G'nite sweets xx

But I'm all OUT of tequila now ... Sad

Nice to hear somebody got a win, though! Congrats to junior!

Yeah, just as the ESPN guy was talking about how the Timbers never get calls to go their way at home, we get two bogus reds and have to go into an 11-on-9 situation guarding a 2-1 lead. This just after our first win in nine matches last Saturday, against Colorado, with five injured starters, and the Timbers fans are acting like they won something ... ROOOAAAWWWRRR!!!!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:17 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Cass wrote:ouch 2 reds in 5 minutes? ref lost control of the game? have another tequila....I have some chicken sandwiches and am off to bed with a good book. Mr. C is snoring already!

junior junior is at cup regionals.....they won 1st game - he scored!!! and I am not there to see it :(next game tomorrow am....will let you know.......GO BLUE!!!!!

G'nite sweets xx

Yeah, just as the ESPN guy was talking about how the Timbers never get calls to go their way at home, we get two bogus reds and have to go into an 11-on-9 situation guarding a 2-1 lead. This just after our first win in nine matches last Saturday, against Colorado, with five injured starters, and the Timbers fans are acting like they won something ... ROOOAAAWWWRRR!!!!

they tied today - no score from junior but they still top of their group!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:21 am

Cass wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

G'nite sweets xx

Awesome, doing better than the U.S., England or Oz could hope  ::D:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:05 pm

Back to the footie, sweet dreams Just when you thought it was safe to stay awake ... it's another GOODNIGHT THREAD Sleep11 xxx

England tomorrow Just when you thought it was safe to stay awake ... it's another GOODNIGHT THREAD St_geo10  Just when you thought it was safe to stay awake ... it's another GOODNIGHT THREAD Footba11 x

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:26 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Cass wrote:

Awesome, doing better than the U.S., England or Oz could hope  ::D:: 

in the quarter finals!!!!!!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down