NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muslims! Are you awake yet?

Go down

Muslims! Are you awake yet? Empty Muslims! Are you awake yet?

Post by Guest Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:17 am

Step aside Islamophobes, this is between me and my Muslim community.

Now that the Boston Marathon bomber has been captured and the backstory has come to the forefront, Muslims are again reminded of the problem of radicalism conflated with Islam. We are again caught between radical Muslims and the Islamophobes who are relishing this new act of terror. And though moderate Muslims condemn terrorism at every opportunity and collaborate with law enforcements, what they are not doing is getting to the root of the problem.

The problem: There are so much radical, hateful and extreme interpretations of Islam on-line. They target the youth, they dumb it down, they appeal to the ego and to the exclusive notion of supremacy. (This is not that much different from White Supremacy, or any supremacist ideology, but as a Muslim I want to talk about Islam.)

We know there are many issues our communities are plagued with and yet with a few exceptions, we continue to sweep the issue of radical theology under the rug. Yes, it is embarrassing; it is easier to deny and to get defensive about it than to look it straight in the eye and call it out for what it is. Instead of beating around the bush, why not speak up against it. What are you afraid of?

https://www.islamicity.org/5244/Muslims-are-you-awake-yet/

Fair play to an Islamic site publishing such criticism by a Muslim feminist

Back to top Go down

Muslims! Are you awake yet? Empty Re: Muslims! Are you awake yet?

Post by nicko Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:16 pm

+1
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down