NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meriam Ibrahim: Sudanese death sentence woman 'to be freed'

3 posters

Go down

Meriam Ibrahim: Sudanese death sentence woman 'to be freed' Empty Meriam Ibrahim: Sudanese death sentence woman 'to be freed'

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2014 7:18 pm

Meriam Yahya Ibrahim, who was sentenced to death in Sudan after she married a Christian man, is to be freed, a Sudanese foreign ministry official has said. The decision comes after the Sudanese government faced mounting pressure from the international community over her “barbaric” treatment.

Abdullahi Alzareg, an under-secretary at the foreign ministry, said the county was committed to protecting the woman and guaranteed religious freedom.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/meriam-ibrahim-sudanese-death-sentence-woman-to-be-freed-9466259.html

Back to top Go down

Meriam Ibrahim: Sudanese death sentence woman 'to be freed' Empty Re: Meriam Ibrahim: Sudanese death sentence woman 'to be freed'

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 31, 2014 7:30 pm

While I don't believe a word out of Abdullahi Alzareg's mouth on this, I am glad she's to be freed and I hope nobody does anything to her after she leaves prison. Of course, she deserves a hefty amount of compensation, but I don't see that happening ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Meriam Ibrahim: Sudanese death sentence woman 'to be freed' Empty Re: Meriam Ibrahim: Sudanese death sentence woman 'to be freed'

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2014 7:35 pm

great news Praise the Lord, i pray for her and her family that they remain safe .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2014 7:37 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:While I don't believe a word out of Abdullahi Alzareg's mouth on this, I am glad she's to be freed and I hope nobody does anything to her after she leaves prison. Of course, she deserves a hefty amount of compensation, but I don't see that happening ...

He clearly bowed to world pressure. Hell of a lot of countries were pretty mad about this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 31, 2014 7:39 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:While I don't believe a word out of Abdullahi Alzareg's mouth on this, I am glad she's to be freed and I hope nobody does anything to her after she leaves prison. Of course, she deserves a hefty amount of compensation, but I don't see that happening ...

He clearly bowed to world pressure.  Hell of a lot of countries were pretty mad about this.

And that's why I say that the best she can hope for is to actually be let out of the prison. I don't think her government will actually do any more to ensure her safety or compensate her for the suffering they put her through.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2014 7:40 pm

Tesstacious wrote:Meriam Yahya Ibrahim, who was sentenced to death in Sudan after she married a Christian man, is to be freed, a Sudanese foreign ministry official has said.  The decision comes after the Sudanese government faced mounting pressure from the international community over her “barbaric” treatment.

Abdullahi Alzareg, an under-secretary at the foreign ministry, said the county was committed to protecting the woman and guaranteed religious freedom.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/meriam-ibrahim-sudanese-death-sentence-woman-to-be-freed-9466259.html

Hallelujah, Praise the Lord, i hope this is the first nail in the coffin of sharia law.... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2014 7:43 pm

The best thing they can do is get the first flight back to America and never step foot in Sudan again

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 31, 2014 7:48 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:The best thing they can do is get the first flight back to America and never step foot in Sudan again

Back to America? I thought they were both Sudanese.

That said, I would imagine she could get asylum here without anybody cwying about it Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2014 7:50 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:The best thing they can do is get the first flight back to America and never step foot in Sudan again

lol that's very true, if this had never of got in to the papers it would have been a tragic death, i wonder how often it does happen without anyone knowing..

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 31, 2014 7:53 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

lol that's very true, if this had never of got in to the papers it would have been a tragic death, i wonder how often it does happen without anyone knowing..

It's probably happened before, but her case is pretty unique and probably doesn't occur that often. That said, I hope every future case like this becomes world news so that international pressure can be used.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:53 pm

Why is she going back to America? She is Sudanese... she will need to go some where as an Immigrant... hopefully that place is kind and treats immigrants well and helps support and educate them into there new live now they escaped such a place.

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:44 am

Tesstacious wrote:Meriam Yahya Ibrahim, who was sentenced to death in Sudan after she married a Christian man, is to be freed, a Sudanese foreign ministry official has said.  The decision comes after the Sudanese government faced mounting pressure from the international community over her “barbaric” treatment.

The Sudanese constitution over ruled the judges that imposed this decision in the first place then.

Excellent news.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:35 am

veya_victaous wrote:Why is she going back to America? She is Sudanese... she will need to go some where as an Immigrant... hopefully that place is kind and treats immigrants well and helps support and educate them into there new live now they escaped such a place.

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you 

I don't know if she is but i just thought as her husband is an American citizen it would surely be a safer place for them all ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:38 am

http://www.lifenews.com/2014/06/02/meriam-ibrahim-will-not-be-freed-attorneys-appeal-execution-to-interntional-court/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down