NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

irony

3 posters

Go down

irony  Empty irony

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 8:09 pm

A unique "Peace Run" initiated by an Australian extreme athlete to promote coexistence between Jews and Arabs in Judea and Samaria was dealt a severe blow Sunday, after the Palestinian Authority objected to the presence of Jewish runners.

A group of six Israelis were asked to refrain from participating in Australian ultra marathon runner Pat Farmer's Peace Run, as it passed the Jewish communities of Eli and Shiloh in Samaria, north of Jerusalem. The group - which was organized by the Yesha Council in conjunction with Regavim - had coordinated with Farmer's team ahead of time to ensure that Jews and Palestinians could run together in a true show of coexistence.

However when Ari Briggs, director of Regavim - which advocates for Jewish land rights - arrived along with his group to participate they were asked to stop running after just one kilometer.

Apparently, the news had reached the Palestinian Olympic Committee in Ramallah, which threatened to pull out of the Peace Run if Farmer continued to run with the Jewish well-wishers. Although Farmer was "not happy" about the move, which essentially undermined his campaign, the Jewish group were "politely" asked not to participate.

Briggs, who led the group, decided to abide by Farmer's request but said it was disturbing that whilst Arabs and Jews had been allowed to participate together throughout Israel - including illegal Arab settlers in the southern Negev region - when passing Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria the Palestinian Authority had insisted on a no-Jew policy.

"It's very sad that the Palestinian Authority would sooner attempt to hide the 375,000 Jewish residents of Judea and Samaria, instead of throwing their support behind a genuine attempt to promote peace and coexistence", said Briggs. "True peace is made between people and not by ignoring one and another".

The Jewish group decided to continue their run from Shiloh, site of the first capital of ancient Israel, up to Ariel University, where both Israelis and Palestinians study together in a true show of coexistence.

Elie Pieprz, Director of External affairs at the Yesha Council, "congratulated" Pat Farmer and his team "tor welcoming Jewish residents of Judea and Samaria," but echoed Brigg's sentiment that Jewish residents of Judea and Samaria could not simply be ignored if real peace were to be achieved.

"The Jewish communities of Judea and Samaria are an integral part of the reality on the ground. Therefore any talk of peace needs to include them, either at the negotiation table or in any other initiative to promote peace," said Pieprz, whose Yesha Council represents Jewish communities in the region.

"It is a great shame that the Palestinian Authority would prefer to bury their head in the sand than accept this reality."

Farmer's 20-day run took him through Lebanon, Jordan and Israel - including Judea and Samaria - and will end in Jerusalem.

He famously ran from the North Pole to the South pole in 2012, and says his aim in this initiative is "To inspire and strengthen the resolve of Jewish and Arab people who want peace by showing one man’s effort to overcome obstacles.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/180753#.U3unCBBPpv4

Back to top Go down

irony  Empty Re: irony

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 8:26 pm

Running around the entire world just won't bring peace and love to those who have warred with each other so long , and will always clash on faith.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 8:31 pm

You call that irony, the man who advocates thieving Palestine land is not welcome in Palestine.

No, Smelly, this is what I call irony:

(Reuters) - Kicking up dust on the back roads of northern Gaza within sight of the Israeli fence that seals off the enclave, Olympic athlete Nader Al-Masri is still training, despite being barred from competing in his people's largest sporting event.

Masri, who has participated in 40 international contests including the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, was denied a permit by Israeli authorities to travel to the occupied West Bank for the Palestine Marathon on Friday.

"I'm sad. This is a race for all Palestine and I wanted to participate, but unfortunately the Israeli side coldly rejected me," said the 34-year-old policeman.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/10/us-palestinian-israel-runner-idUSBREA390V420140410

A Palestinian not being allowed to run in Palestine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 8:40 pm

I think its sad that any efforts to bring better relations always seem to fall at the first hurdle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 10:58 pm

Sassy wrote:You call that irony, the man who advocates thieving Palestine land is not welcome in Palestine.

No, Smelly, this is what I call irony:

(Reuters) - Kicking up dust on the back roads of northern Gaza within sight of the Israeli fence that seals off the enclave, Olympic athlete Nader Al-Masri is still training, despite being barred from competing in his people's largest sporting event.

Masri, who has participated in 40 international contests including the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, was denied a permit by Israeli authorities to travel to the occupied West Bank for the Palestine Marathon on Friday.

"I'm sad. This is a race for all Palestine and I wanted to participate, but unfortunately the Israeli side coldly rejected me," said the 34-year-old policeman.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/10/us-palestinian-israel-runner-idUSBREA390V420140410

A Palestinian not being allowed to run in Palestine.

Palestine??

never heard of it

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:41 pm

Well I don’t know about Palestine but I do know a philistine: Ben.

Yep. That dude still washes his socks in a river and he still eats with his hands instead of cutlery. I’m like, “Dude, get with the program, it’s like 2018 fam”

But he continues with his old ways, wearing a knitted cardigan with slacks and saying things like, “In my day..”

I have no idea why I even like him, to be fair.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:42 pm

eddie wrote:Well I don’t know about Palestine but I do know a philistine: Ben.

Yep. That dude still washes his socks in a river and he still eats with his hands instead of cutlery. I’m like, “Dude, get with the program, it’s like 2018 fam”

But he continues with his old ways, wearing a knitted cardigan with slacks and saying things like, “In my day..”

I have no idea why I even like him, to be fair.

To be fair, your mom told me you had a secret old-man fetish.

And to be fair, it does work. Yeah really.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:45 pm

so he washes his socks in the river...well done that man...though not very eco friendly if what eddie says about your feet is true.....

as for eating with his hands....STOP making custard and gravy you can pick up in one piece eddie......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:14 am

Lord Foul wrote:so he washes his socks in the river...well done that man...though not very eco friendly if what eddie says about your feet is true.....

as for eating with his hands....STOP making custard and gravy you can pick up in one piece eddie......

Solid custard and gravy is the food of Gods.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:17 am

eddie wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:so he washes his socks in the river...well done that man...though not very eco friendly if what eddie says about your feet is true.....

Solid custard and gravy is the food of Gods.

yeah should be chucked on the fire as a burnt offering....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down