NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

+6
Ben Reilly
'Wolfie
Eilzel
eddie
nicko
HoratioTarr
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health  Empty Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by Guest Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:34 pm

Labelling millennials 'snowflakes' damages their mental health, reveals survey of 16-24 year olds

Labelling millennials 'snowflakes' is damaging their mental health, research claims.

The controversial term is now fashionable to use when describing young adults who are seen as taking offence easily and emotionally vulnerable.

Almost three quarters of 16-24 year olds surveyed believe the moniker is unfair and are adamant it could negatively affect their mental health.

The findings, made by insurance firm Aviva, were derived from a survey of 2,022 British participants between those ages.

The thoughts were echoed by adults of all ages, with 58 per cent claiming the label is unfairly applied, the survey showed.

A further 57 per cent felt that the term 'generation snowflake' could also harm the mental health of young people.

The worst affected

A separate study also released by Aviva today suggests that 16-24 year olds are the worst-affected by mental health issues.

Around three in five have experienced a mental health condition, compared to just under half of adults over the age of 24.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5151733/Calling-youngsters-snowflakes-damages-mental-health.html

Back to top Go down

Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health  Empty Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:26 pm

I'm not surprised we're breeding a whole generation of mental health issue bleeding heart pearl clutching idiots.

We have kids as young as four or five being made aware of their sexuality way too early than is healthy.   Kids who never see the light of day but sit hour after hour on computers/tv's/phones/gamers.   Six year olds wearing bras.  

Then we've got the teenagers who think hard work is having a paper round or rely heavily on the Bank of Mum & Dad.   Gone are the days of dancing round your handbag and getting asked out.   Now, it's clubs, drugs and dating sites.  

Of course, I'm generalising and not all kids/teenagers/young people are like this but many are.  

The worst thing a lot of youngsters have to worry about these days is  how many likes the selfie they  put on Facebook is gonna get , or whether they've got the latest gadget, footwear or beard ornaments.

There's way too much peer pressure these days.   Way too much vanity and egotistical poncing around on social media.   'Oh, look, Chantelle's only eaten an inch of cheese today, I wanna be anorexic too!'  

Fuck off. Rolling Eyes
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health  Empty Re: Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:51 pm

How about they read this and get their own umbrage into perspective.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5152039/Survivors-reveal-hell-Myanmars-Rohingya-purge.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:16 pm

Have a green thing !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:27 pm

Is this article for real?

Anyway, I cannot stand people that take offence at every little thing. They may as well lay down and just die really.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:40 pm

eddie wrote:Is this article for real?

Anyway, I cannot stand people that take offence at every little thing. They may as well lay down and just die really.

well unfortunately its the liberals who have lead us to this disaster.

and it will only get worse, so much worse, these little cretins will be going on to be politicians and lawmakers and teachers and into every position of influence over the shape of our social makeup.

the world will not temper them, they will change the world to the determent of all involved, because the rest of the world doesn't have this problem.

the west will fall behind because it finds staying in front too stressful.

i blame the fucking liberals and their lets hug and molly coddle everything that moves approach to life.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:56 pm

So all the millenials are directly influenced by LW people? Some of those are probably spoilt rich kids born to spoilt rich RW parents.

There are faults on all sides of extremism.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:19 pm

eddie wrote:So all the millenials are directly influenced by LW people? Some of those are probably spoilt rich kids born to spoilt rich RW parents.

There are faults on all sides of extremism.

yes of course they are

RW are C......O......N.....S......E.......R.......A......T.......I......V......E

they means old school, traditional.

you know?? things like discipline, respect, diligence , responsibility, all those things are absent in modern parenting because??? left wingers are all about banning things and undoing the past and replacing it with some rudderless free-for-all fuckfest

do you thinks its the RW who did away with competition in schools and started giving medals to everyone??

no

things like that we all roll our eyes at and say "elf and safety gone mad" or "oh for goodness sake let children be children", all those little stories we read about are slowly chipping away at the foundations of our society

and ALL of them can be traced back to some lefty namby-pamby cotton wool jobsworth who doesn't want to offend anyone.

RWers are all about "spare the rod spoil the child" and holy shit how those chickens have come home to roost

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:40 am

Oh look, another thread criticising young people and using the hideously overused snowflake insult.

Some people are just bitterness and nastiness personified. Maybe because their generation feels they fucked up by bringing up a generation who doesn't agree with everything they think.

Carry on, those snowflakes will grow up, I wonder how they'll remember the generations that came before- the ones who fucked the housing market, ruined pensions, sent jobs overseas and spent theirs slagging off younger people as lazy and over sensitive?

Not well I imagine. Snowflake might seem outright flattering by comparison.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:27 am

Eilzel wrote:Oh look, another thread criticising young people and using the hideously overused snowflake insult.

les, it's a news article (even though it reads like a spoof).
''Almost three quarters of 16-24 year olds surveyed believe the moniker is unfair and are adamant it could negatively affect their mental health.'' I mean FFS! On a more positive note - apparantly only 1500 of those surveyed are genuine snowflakes anyway,,,,,not all of them, so chin up on that one.

Some people are just bitterness and nastiness personified. Maybe because their generation feels they fucked up by bringing up a generation who doesn't agree with everything they think.

i'm chuffed that i've brought up kids who don't necessarily agree with me and are willing and able to argue a point

Carry on, those snowflakes will grow up,

i think they'll just grow older

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:37 am

gelico wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Oh look, another thread criticising young people and using the hideously overused snowflake insult.

''Almost three quarters of 16-24 year olds surveyed believe the moniker is unfair and are adamant it could negatively affect their mental health.'' I mean FFS!  On a more positive note - apparantly only 1500 of those surveyed are genuine snowflakes anyway,,,,,not all of them, so chin up on that one.  

i'm chuffed that i've brought up kids who don't necessarily agree with me and are willing and able to argue a point

And some of that 3/4 couldn't have been taking the piss at what is really a properly patronising cnut of a question? Had a survey asked me that I'd have told them fuck you and left it right there.

And who determines who is a snowflake anyway? 40+ year olds here bitch about everything day in day out. Are they snowflakes? No, because 'snowflake' is a juvenile term used by 40+ year olds to dismiss the complaints of young people. How pathetic. How 'snowflake' like...

They'll get older geli, and a lot of them will bitch and whine on into their 30s and 40s. Like so many older posters here and on FB and so on. Hypocritical older snowflakes that they are Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:01 am

Eilzel wrote:
gelico wrote:

And some of that 3/4 couldn't have been taking the piss at what is really a properly patronising cnut of a question? well, possibly, les. I wouldn't know but that's just what was reported. Had a survey asked me that I'd have told them fuck you and left it right there. yeah, but you're a bit of a snowflake though, Razz

And who determines who is a snowflake anyway? me. 40+ year olds here bitch about everything day in day out. Are they snowflakes? so glad i'm 52. No, because 'snowflake' is a juvenile term used by 40+ year olds to dismiss the complaints of young people. How pathetic. How 'snowflake' like...

no, appearing to be dismissive of certain issues does not equate to being a snowflake les. You're misunderstanding the term. it's more of an concept that the older generation, many of whom left school at 16 and went into jobs and worked hard and took responsibility for themselves and their actions, whereas many youngsters have the mindset that they are entitled, the education system wont allow views that might possibly make someone somewhere feel uncomfortable, they are being kept in a bubble and when they enter the big wide world and find out that their precious views and feelings aren't considered quite as important as they were led to believe, it upsets them. that's the best way i can describe it right now cos i should really be a kip by now

They'll get older geli, and a lot of them will bitch and whine on into their 30s and 40s. Like so many older posters here and on FB and so on. Hypocritical older snowflakes that they are Wink

bitching and whining, however, is not limited to any age. i'll agree with you on that one

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:34 am

gelico wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
gelico wrote:

And some of that 3/4 couldn't have been taking the piss at what is really a properly patronising cnut of a question? well, possibly, les. I wouldn't know but that's just what was reported. Had a survey asked me that I'd have told them fuck you and left it right there.  yeah, but you're a bit of a snowflake though,  Razz

And who determines who is a snowflake anyway?  me.  40+ year olds here bitch about everything day in day out. Are they snowflakes?  so glad i'm 52.   No, because 'snowflake' is a juvenile term used by 40+ year olds to dismiss the complaints of young people. How pathetic. How 'snowflake' like...

no, appearing to be dismissive of certain issues does not equate to being a snowflake les.  You're misunderstanding the term.  it's more of an concept that the older generation, many of whom left school at 16 and went into jobs and worked hard and took responsibility for themselves and their actions, whereas many youngsters have the mindset that they are entitled, the education system wont allow views that might possibly make someone somewhere feel uncomfortable, they are being kept in a bubble and when they enter the big wide world and find out that their precious views and feelings aren't considered quite as important as they were led to believe, it upsets them.  that's the best way i can describe it right now cos i should really be a kip by now

bitching and whining, however, is not limited to any age.  i'll agree with you on that one

So there are no entitled people over 40?
And most under 30s are entitled now?

It's a mixed bag on both sides surely?

Snowflake, let's be honest, is just another term like 'PC gone mad', used to try and write off anyone with views to look out for other people.

I do not deny that sometimes some people are over sensitive, but using terms like snowflake that condemn an entire generation can surely only serve to raise divisions on either side.

If a group of young people come together today to complain about anything- tuition fees, low pay, gender issues etc, they are immediately denounced as snowflakes. Then people wonder why people are turned off by politics.

The message of the term snowflake, as I see it, is 'shut up complaining young people, be happy with what you've got'. As if no one should ever try to change anything.

And if some young people are entitled, and those few are enough to refer the whole generation as snowflakes; then is it also fair to refer to the generation responsible (the 40 + year old) as the 'fuck up' generation?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:06 am

Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health  1191311443

I've found that there are just as many "snowflakes" amongst older people as there are amongst those 'millenials' in that contrived "survey" --  need look no further to the rise of far-right wing fringe groups over recent decades, and the opportunistic money-grubbers like Trump, Milo, Pauline Hanson,  Christopher Monckton, et al...

We only have to look at those whinging whining RWers on here, with Smelly' bravely leading the charge from down there in his basement..

And when he came to listing those "old school" right-whinge/conservative attributes up above, there were a few core values he conveniently overlooked, such as :
off-shoring jobs
Importing cut-price labourers
Real estate speculation
Market manipulation
Downward wage pressures
"Zero hour" contracts
'Privatising' public services and assets
Environmental destruction.

Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health  4183205388
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:51 am

Respect, responsibility, all that jazz - Trump has none of these qualities. Yet the people most likely to love him are also most likely to use the term snowflake as an insult.

This is just more poop-flinging from the right in their unnecessary and destructive culture war.

Because if we don't hate one another, conservatives can never win.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:00 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Respect, responsibility, all that jazz - Trump has none of these qualities. Yet the people most likely to love him are also most likely to use the term snowflake as an insult.

This is just more poop-flinging from the right in their unnecessary and destructive culture war.

Because if we don't hate one another, conservatives can never win.

Oh behave and you and others do not express hate yourselves, to those who's views you do not like?

This is what the left always do, try to make acceptable what they hate and normalize this.

I have seen nothing more than a consistant rise in hate that comes from the far left. Dangerously so and yet I never hear a squeak from you about this and you think its the Conservatives all the time?

The rise in this whole situation, has come about by absolutely daft and absurd Political correctness. The culture war has arisen in part to this and religious idiocy. Because the left constantly bend over to religious sensitivities has helped create this rise.

You cannot just blame conservatives for how societies are becoming fragmented.

There is many attributes to this problems that is a around today.

So why not like me and cast blame to those on both the left and right.

You seem to consistantly make excuses for those hateful on the left.

The last being your blatant ignorance of the growing rise of blood libels against Jews. Of which come from both left and right.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:26 pm

There are non so blind ect !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:30 pm

Carry on, those snowflakes will grow up, I wonder how they'll remember the generations that came before- the ones who fucked the housing market, ruined pensions, sent jobs overseas and spent theirs slagging off younger people as lazy and over sensitive?

Not well I imagine. Snowflake might seem outright flattering by comparison.

whenever i need a point proving i just throw it out there and wait fro you to come along elizel

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:41 pm

Another one blaming the old uns' !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:56 pm

nicko wrote:Another one blaming the old uns' !

IF you consider there is some kind of problem in the attitude of young people, then who else is there to blame, nicko?

Incidentally, I think there have been bad parents and kids with problems since time began. It's only today 'old 'uns' seem keen to condemn an entire generation...
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:53 pm

The breakdown of values began in America with the initiating of war under false premises in Iraq. Then quickly followed the legitimacy of kidnapping, rape, torture, murder and the re-establishment of concentration camps.

The animus came directly from Trump and the alt-right, boosted by the target of a black president. As Charlottesville revealed, the gates were open to reestablish Nazism and white-supremacy, and in particular, white nationalism.

Since Trump, this ain't your daddy's universe anymore.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:56 pm

Original Quill wrote:The breakdown of values began in America with the initiating of war under false premises in Iraq.  Then quickly followed the legitimacy of kidnapping, rape, torture, murder and the re-establishment of concentration camps.

The animus came directly from Trump and the alt-right, boosted by the target of a black president.  As Charlottesville revealed, the gates were open to reestablish Nazism and white-supremacy, and in particular, white nationalism.

Since Trump, this ain't your daddy's universe anymore.

no sir

its our time now.

you liberals had your chance and you blew it, instead of people turning to you and embracing your message they vomited you out the first chance they got.

you got found out.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:10 pm

Well some wish to condemn the whole of the old generation, you can't have it both ways mate.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:13 pm

nicko wrote:Well some wish to condemn the whole of the old generation,    you can't have it both ways mate.

they did condemn the older generation during brexit

calls for old people to be murdered

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:23 pm

gelico wrote:

''Almost three quarters of 16-24 year olds surveyed believe the moniker is unfair and are adamant it could negatively affect their mental health.'' I mean FFS!  On a more positive note - apparantly only 1500 of those surveyed are genuine snowflakes anyway,,,,,not all of them, so chin up on that one.  

And as they grow older hopefully their outlook will alter, their perspectives change and they will do a complete turnaround.   It's called life.   That's the thing with young people, they have yet to experience enough of what life chucks at you...at least not in affluent and Westernised countries.  Their hardship could be another person's idea of luxury.    One day, when they've loved and lost, experienced enough knock backs, disappointments and fuckwittery, they'll suddenly realise that the world doesn't revolve around them and someone else's grass won't necessarily  be greener than theirs.   

We've all been young...just as we'll all get old.   For most, hopefully, life will teach them to be grateful for what they've got, to appreciate each day, and treat others as they wish to be treated themselves.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:21 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
gelico wrote:

And as they grow older hopefully their outlook will alter, their perspectives change and they will do a complete turnaround.   It's called life.   That's the thing with young people, they have yet to experience enough of what life chucks at you...at least not in affluent and Westernised countries.  Their hardship could be another person's idea of luxury.    One day, when they've loved and lost, experienced enough knock backs, disappointments and fuckwittery, they'll suddenly realise that the world doesn't revolve around them and someone else's grass won't necessarily  be greener than theirs.   

We've all been young...just as we'll all get old.   For most, hopefully, life will teach them to be grateful for what they've got, to appreciate each day, and treat others as they wish to be treated themselves.

The last line is the most important. Though, aren't many young people, condemned as snowflakes, already doing that by fighting for rights of less privelidged groups.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:34 am

Republicans are not humans...

Oh the irony, don't call mellenials snowflakes because it damages their mental health  Better10
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:04 am

Eilzel wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

The last line is the most important. Though, aren't many young people, condemned as snowflakes, already doing that by fighting for rights of less privelidged groups.

groups? what do you mean les. ''less privileged groups''. dont we all have equal rights?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:37 am

gelico wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

groups?  what do you mean les.  ''less privileged groups''.  dont we all have equal rights?

Oh come on.

Yes, in law, in Britain, we are all treated equally. And that is great.

But privelidge isn't just about law.

A black person is still more likely to be in low income employment than a white person.

People of different races are still openly mocked in the UK sometimes (this comes from personal experience I won't go into).

People of different religions are still regarded by many as a threat and not belonging in the UK.

Gay people do still have to tolerate slurs in the street, and occasionally worse, and have to think twice before holding hands in public (and of course can forget travelling to certain countries if they want to do so openly as a couple).

Disabled people will never be a privilidged by default.

Trans people are mocked all the time, especially online.

All the above issues are real and can't really be helped by equal rights in law at all. This isn't me complaining about them here, it is what it is. But it can be annoying when people suggest that privilidge doesn't exist.

If you don't ever have people make derogatory comments about or treat you differently due to your race, disability, sexuality, gender or gender identity then you are privilidged. Not that there's anything wrong with that; but at least don't think it isn't the case.

I consider myself incredibly privilidged, and won't suggest I haven't had it easier than millions who fall into some of those categories above. And I absolutely support people who complain for better treatment for all those groups.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:44 am

Eilzel wrote:
gelico wrote:

groups?  what do you mean les.  ''less privileged groups''.  dont we all have equal rights?

Oh come on.

A black person is still more likely to be in low income employment than a white person.

People of different races are still openly mocked in the UK sometimes (this comes from personal experience I won't go into).

People of different religions are still regarded by many as a threat and not belonging in the UK.

Gay people do still have to tolerate slurs in the street, and occasionally worse, and have to think twice before holding hands in public (and of course can forget travelling to certain countries if they want to do so openly as a couple).

All the above issues are real and can't really be helped by equal rights in law at all. This isn't me complaining about them here, it is what it is. But it can be annoying when people suggest that privilidge doesn't exist.

If you don't ever have people make derogatory comments about or treat you differently due to your race, disability, sexuality, gender or gender identity then you are privilidged. Not that there's anything wrong with that; but at least don't think it isn't the case.

I consider myself incredibly privilidged, and won't suggest I haven't had it easier than millions who fall into some of those categories above. And I absolutely support people who complain for better treatment for all those groups.

Then you are an idiot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:50 am

Everyone has the same access to an education

To say they cannot better their lives based on some absurd view, some are more privilaged, shows it defends peolple being cowards.

People who use excuses not to better their lives.

We all have different levels of intelligence, no matter what ethnic group we are, no matter if gay or straight, where in fact those disabled rightly are given more help in order to get about thier daily lives. To say some are more priviliaged, just because they are born more intelligent, shows how absurd the Commie mindset works.

There is absolutely nothing stopping people bettering their lives. They just use every single aspect of blaming everyone else for their own failures.

Just because some people are prejudiced, does not mean people are privilidged, but idiots. That does not mean victims are under privilidged, when the laws of this country ensure we have equality under the law.

Typical commie bullshit, looking to blame others for their own ffailings

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:56 am

Calm down didge ffs.

I never said no one could be better themselves. So your entire tangent is wasted.

Regardless of wealth though, trans people are mocked, gay people are some times uncomfortable showing affection in public, different races are sometimes made to feel uncomfortable in certain areas and so on.

I wasn't just talking job prospects.

And don't call me an idiot with explaining yourself why that is. Or I'll take it as an unprovoked insult.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:02 am

Eilzel wrote:Calm down didge ffs.

I never said no one could be better themselves. So your entire tangent is wasted.

Regardless of wealth though, trans people are mocked, gay people are some times uncomfortable showing affection in public, different races are sometimes made to feel uncomfortable in certain areas and so on.

And don't call me an idiot with explaining yourself why that is. Or I'll take it as an unprovoked insult.

I am very calm Eilzel, I just cannot abide with ignorance, when it comes just out of the socialist bullshit manuel.

So is everyone mocked, its a part of life.

I  for example am ethnically Irish, Sicillian, Maltese, from a Catholic family that was very poor whilst growing up. I dealt with prejudice first had growing up during the height of the IRA. I did not wallow about in self pity because of the situations I had been born into or how some people are hateful. I looked to better my life.

You seem to think only LGBT suffer prejudice and seem to elevate them above others, with you wanting them to be priviliaged.

Learn to rise above hate, dont wallow in rejection, as you will continually use that rejection to blame all your failings in life. What you do is what has been done, continually reasons why such prejudiced views are wrong.

You take it as an unprovoked assualt?

Over stepping your authority again?

Jog on

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:03 am

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Calm down didge ffs.

I am very calm Eilzel, I just cannot abide with ignorance, when it comes just out of the socialist bullshit manuel.

I  for example am ethnically Irish, Sicillian, Maltese, from a Catholic family that was very poor whilst growing up. I dealt with prejudice first had growing up during the height of the IRA. I did not wallow about in self pity because of the situations I had been born into or how some people are hateful. I looked to better my life.

You seem to think only LGBT suffer prejudice and seem to elevate them above others, with you wanting them to be priviliaged.

Learn to rise above hate, dont wallow in rejection, as you will continually use that rejection to blame all your failings in life. What you do is what has been done, continually reasons why such prejudiced views are wrong.

Jog on

Did you read my whole post? Does it only mention LGBT people? No. So wtf are you on about?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:08 am

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:

Jog on

Did you read my whole post? Does it only mention LGBT people? No. So wtf are you on about?

I think its very clear what I am on about

How commies like you look to provide excuses for the failings of people, when you should be encouraging people to be brave and succeed in life.

You want to make them a victim, by association to crimes some suffer.

I mean by you reasoning. Am I am perpetual victim, being that the Irish have been persecuted for centuries?

Your whole perception is based off how a group is targeted by bigots, as it they then become under priviliaged, when countless people have ensured and fought for many groups to have equality under the law.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:16 am

I'm not making people into victims. I could point out the many successful people from all those groups I mentioned. That is NOT the point.

But some people do have to deal with more shit than others day to day. Not ALL of that is related to being in a minority group or not of course, but for many being part of that minority can be something they deal with more often than someone who is not. It is just about acknowledging that.

I'm not black, but if I was, I'm sure I would face certain issues that I never have being white. I know I would. That doesn't mean I couldn't and wiuldn't do well in spite of that; millions do so all the time. But fact remains that for many being black does throw up problems that being white does not.

And all I'm saying is, I respect people who keep issues like that in the public space, amd that I do not consider them, or anyone shouting about every other issue mentioned earlier, snowflakes.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:22 am

Eilzel wrote:I'm not making people into victims. I could point out the many successful people from all those groups I mentioned. That is NOT the point.

But some people do have to deal with more shit than others day to day. Not ALL of that is related to being in a minority group or not of course, but for many being part of that minority can be something they deal with more often than someone who is not. It is just about acknowledging that.

I'm not black, but if I was, I'm sure I would face certain issues that I never have being white. I know I would. That doesn't mean I couldn't and wiuldn't do well in spite of that; millions do so all the time. But fact remains that for many being black does throw up problems that being white does not.

And all I'm saying is, I respect people who keep issues like that in the public space, amd that I do not consider them, or anyone shouting about every other issue mentioned earlier, snowflakes.

People deal with shit every day, whether it be that they are overweight, have red hair, are not good looking ect.

Its a sad fact of life and that sadly there is some idiots out there and its labels in the first place that allow for such prejudice and bigotry. Take away black and white labels, and you undo the very cause for people to argue on racism it self and then have people seen as people and not seperated by some imaginary social construct.

Look at your view, you are white and use this to say you would never suffer hate off this? I suggest you go to certain parts of the Uk where being seen as white and even more so from those on the Far left today,  think its a crime to be white and that such people are born racist

Well I am labelled white and as seen have suffered discrimination for the type of white person that I am ethnically in Irish. So please spare me what you know, because it seems to have been born into a world you have very little understanding in

Well you are certainly acting like a snowflake, as do you think every sucessful person stop and gave up because people put them down or were hateful?

No, they rose above it.

Last edited by Didge on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:32 am

You are clearly not listening, so this may be my last post.

I explicitly said people do not and should not give up.
I explicitly said not all issues are related to being part of a minority; I said a lot are.

Not going further, since you have acknowledged neither of these points in your repetitive rambling. You are obviously arguing with some imaginary SJW and trying to fit me into that mould. Irony at its finest from one waffling about labels.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:37 am

Eilzel wrote:You are clearly not listening, so this may be my last post.

I explicitly said not all issues are related to being part of a minority; I said a lot are.

Not going further, since you have acknowledged neither of these points in your repetitive rambling. You are obviously arguing with some imaginary SJW and trying to fit me into that mould. Irony at its finest from one waffling about labels.

Are the famous "lefty" reply, claim someone is not listening

You explicitly gave a view to people being victims by association and that through this, others are privileged due to this.

You certainly fit into the mould of an SJW by your views.

The point on the label clearly went over that "pin head" of yours, you see, yet another label.

Showing it is labels that is the problem, but someone of your very limited intellect failed to see the point I was making.

People should do away with labels, and you take away a major cause of prejudice and hate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:42 am

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:You are clearly not listening, so this may be my last post.

You explicitly gave a view to people being victims by association and that through this, others are privileged due to this.

The point on the label clearly went over that "pin head" of yours, you see, yet another label.

Showing it is labels that is the problem, but someone of your very limited intellect failed to see the point I was making.

Take away labels, and you take away a major cause of prejudice and hate.

The ONLY one of the two of us referring to victims is you. I have not, and would not refer to groups that way at all.

Ah the famous didge 'I'm clearly way ahead of you' trick. See, we can both dismiss points with inane comments.

What a complete and utter didge you are Laughing
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:45 am

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:

Take away labels, and you take away a major cause of prejudice and hate.

The ONLY one of the two of us referring to victims is you. I have not, and would not refer to groups that way at all.

Ah the famous didge 'I'm clearly way ahead of you' trick. See, we can both dismiss points with inane comments.

What a complete and utter didge you are Laughing

Well I suggest you go back to specsavers and your reply to Gelico, which went off a victim status with groups.

Thanks for the compliments

Good luck at the opticians

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:49 am

Guess I must need glasses since I'm not seeing where I referred to a group as victims, at all. Perhaps you are inferring, didge, be careful, you know what people say about people who make assumptions... or maybe your screen is cracked, I dunno.

Bloody didge that you are.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:52 am

Eilzel wrote:Guess I must need glasses since I'm not seeing where I referred to a group as victims, at all. Perhaps you are inferring, didge, be careful, you know what people say about people who make assumptions... or maybe your screen is cracked, I dunno.

Dear me, someone really does not like their very poor views being ripped apart for how poor they essentially were. Is that not going on about a victim status? Seems very much so to me.

You went over the disabled, blacks, Trans people etc and the discrimination some suffer and privilege around this.

Like i say, good luck at the opticians

No idea what your last comment is about, you smoking crack?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:58 am

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Guess I must need glasses since I'm not seeing where I referred to a group as victims, at all. Perhaps you are inferring, didge, be careful, you know what people say about people who make assumptions... or maybe your screen is cracked, I dunno.

Dear me, someone really does not like their very poor views being ripped apart for how poor they essentially were. Is that not going on about a victim status? Seems very much so to me.

You went over the disabled, blacks, Trans people etc and the discrimination some suffer and privilege around this.

That doesn't make them victims by default or in general fgs. Nor does it mean they can't indeed do well, or that they should capitulate to any instance of discrimination. As I said, many can and millions do.

I raised those examples to point out that some people sometimes do suffer BS for who they are that other people do not. And by not ever having to suffer that, some are indeed privilidged in a way (and point I hope a non-didge would understand).

There is nothing factually wrong in saying that btw. It is a fact. And yes, by suffering discrimination for your Irish heritage you are indeed among those I'm talking about. You experienced a problem (however minor or major) a person without that ancestry never would.

We are all privilidged in some ways, some are just more so than others.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:03 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:

That doesn't make them victims by default or in general fgs. Nor does it mean they can't indeed do well, or that they should capitulate to any instance of discrimination. As I said, many can and millions do.

I raised those examples to point out that some people sometimes do suffer BS for who they are that other people do not. And by not ever having to suffer that, some are indeed privilidged in a way (and point I hope a non-didge would understand).

There is nothing factually wrong in saying that btw. It is a fact. And yes, by suffering discrimination for your Irish heritage you are indeed among those I'm talking about. You experienced a problem (however minor or major) a person without that ancestry never would.

We are all privilidged in some ways, some are just more so than others.

Yes it is you making victims of them as a group, as you have labelled them as a group as such and not as individuals. Where individuals suffer discrimination daily, based on a number of things as already stated.

So to say other people do not, shows you must live in a bubble, as at some point all people in life can suffer hate and prejudice from other people. Like i say, you only think certain groups of people suffer discrimination.

So your view they are privilidged, shows you have no comprehension of what people go through in life. The reailty is most do not wallow in self pity and rise above it.

Considering its not a fact in what you have said.

You see this is your problem, you only think prejudice occurs based off named groups. To argue this makes people privileged, when people end up committing suicide from bullying, no matter if they are white, black, gay, religious ect. Shows its people like you, that spread such crap into the world.

And you are a teacher?

What sort of life lesson are you bringing to youth with how you elevate some victims above others through privilege, simple by association to a group.?

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:08 pm

Didge wrote:Everyone has the same access to an education

To say they cannot better their lives based on some absurd view, some are more privilaged, shows it defends peolple being cowards.

We all have different levels of intelligence, no matter what ethnic group we are, no matter if gay or straight, where in fact those disabled rightly are given more help in order to get about thier daily lives. To say some are more priviliaged, just because they are born more intelligent, shows how absurd the Commie mindset works.

There is absolutely nothing stopping people bettering their lives. They just use every single aspect of blaming everyone else for their own failures.

Just because some people are prejudiced, does not mean people are privilidged, but idiots. That does not mean victims are under privilidged, when the laws of this country ensure we have equality under the law.

Rolling Eyes

And here we have Didge proving once again that he wouldn't recognise a genuine "commie" if he tripped over one...

There are plenty of reasons why people can be blocked or pushed aside, while trying to improve their lot in life..

As for disabled people being given a helping hand to help themselves -- "in a pig's arse", as far as many are concerned. Maybe for the more fortunate half or two-thirds out there, but many disabled and handicapped people are worse off now then they were a couple of decades ago; largely thanks to guvm'nt cuts due to their promises to give more tax breaks to their billionaire mates..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:11 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Didge wrote:Everyone has the same access to an education

Rolling Eyes

And here we have Didge proving once again that he wouldn't recognise a genuine "commie" if he tripped over one...

There are plenty of reasons why people can be blocked or pushed aside, while trying to improve their lot in life..

As for disabled people being given a helping hand to help themselves --  "in a pig's arse", as far as many are concerned.  Maybe for the more fortunate half or two-thirds out there, but many disabled and handicapped people are worse off now then they were a couple of decades ago;  largely thanks to guvm'nt cuts due to their promises to give more tax breaks to their billionaire mates..

So the first point from the Pol Pot fanatic

Yes people face hurdles throughout life. This happens to everyone, whether that be with relationships, work and life in general.

Absolute bollocks on the disabled, when we have now special ramps made for many and facilities that cater for their needs. More certainly can be done, but to claim its now worse for them, proves you are smoking crack

At then end of the day, you and your Khmer Rouge buddy, want to have people wallow in self pity and not better their lives

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:14 pm

Eilzel wrote:
gelico wrote:

Oh come on.

well, if everyone is equal under the law then job done

the only ''group'' that i would agree with is the disabled as they dont have equal access to travel etc and their lives can be made more difficult by this, but this is down to the government,,,also despite the law, the jobs market is limited

as for people being ''mocked''  FFS!  everyone is mocked at sometime for some reason or another.  FFS!  big up and get over it

privilege be buggered

sorry but your post sounds like a load of old whiney bollox to me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next