NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

could it be true that social media is actually making us less sociable,,

+4
Lone Wolf
groomsy
Ben Reilly
veya_victaous
8 posters

Go down

could it be true that social media is actually making us less sociable,, Empty could it be true that social media is actually making us less sociable,,

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2014 8:47 pm

how many times do you see people sat together but never speaking because they are tweeting or posting on facebook..

has technology took us away from social interaction..

Back to top Go down

could it be true that social media is actually making us less sociable,, Empty Re: could it be true that social media is actually making us less sociable,,

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 12:38 am

well i thought it would be interesting as a topic, shows what I know..lol

Back to top Go down

could it be true that social media is actually making us less sociable,, Empty Re: could it be true that social media is actually making us less sociable,,

Post by veya_victaous Mon May 19, 2014 1:28 am

Sorry HFF too busy with the Book of Faces in my iPwned......  study 

I agree, it has changed social interaction. And many find face to face communication difficult now that they are permanently glued to a phone.

Like the TV was 'the Idiot box' a lot of these 'smart' phones are really Idiot boxes too. For many people it is the same thing, switching off the brain in front of a screen. (I'm looking at you anyone that plays angry birds or Candy Crush  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad  )
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 19, 2014 4:01 am

Good topic, HF, I was going to post about it earlier but I had to dash out. Yeah, on my vacation there were a number of people who'd get into a group of us who were hanging out, talking, and they'd just pull out their phones and tune out the conversation. I hope whatever people were talking about on Facebook, or their mobile game, was so spectacular that it made for a worthy substitute for real human interaction ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by groomsy Mon May 19, 2014 5:10 am

i was never sociable to begin with
groomsy
groomsy
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 9:26 pm

sociable??....BAH HUMBUG....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 9:37 pm

could it be true that social media is actually making us less sociable,, Th?id=HN.608051065847808387&pid=1

The bride texting!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 20, 2014 9:50 pm

Erm....aren't we on a form of social media??

We are all utterly sociable luvvies!!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 21, 2014 6:46 pm

eddie wrote:Erm....aren't we on a form of social media??

I can admit, though, that I'd be spending more time with my real-life friends if I wasn't on here so much. At least I don't check social media when I'm with company, though -- that's so rude!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 21, 2014 7:04 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:Erm....aren't we on a form of social media??

I can admit, though, that I'd be spending more time with my real-life friends if I wasn't on here so much. At least I don't check social media when I'm with company, though -- that's so rude!

Isn't it just? If someone does that when they're supposed to be talking to me, I tell them I'm off unless they put their phone away.  Laughing 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Wed May 21, 2014 7:18 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:well i thought it would be interesting as a topic, shows what I know..lol

It is interesting.

I don't use social 'networking sites' like Facebook or Twitter because I find them tedious.

However I much prefer being on the computer than actually talking to people. But then,people do my head in Razz If my bloke talks to me when I'm in the middle of typing I shoosh him away,hours pass and before I know it its time to go to flipping bed.

It is certainly making people more anti social,there is no doubt about that.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 21, 2014 7:41 pm

Maybe a lot of people were looking for a way to be less sociable without actually becoming a hermit, so the internet suits them very well. In olden times if you wanted to speak to someone, you had to phone them or meet them in a pub or whatever.  Laughing 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 21, 2014 8:19 pm

groomsy wrote:i was never sociable to begin with

ha ha is that why you have that bag on your head ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 21, 2014 9:04 pm

http://sfglobe.com/?id=686

check this out

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 21, 2014 9:17 pm

People used to sit and watch TV in the evening, and now they watch their phones instead.  Laughing 

I don't get these people who are always checking their mobiles. You'd think they'd want a rest from all that when they go out.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubio Wed May 21, 2014 9:19 pm

Yes, to the thread's question.

Rubio
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 21, 2014 9:25 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:People used to sit and watch TV in the evening, and now they watch their phones instead.  Laughing 

I don't get these people who are always checking their mobiles. You'd think they'd want a rest from all that when they go out.

watch the video on the link above it says it all

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Thu May 22, 2014 10:40 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:People used to sit and watch TV in the evening, and now they watch their phones instead.  Laughing 

watch the video on the link above it says it all

I think that video sums the situation up really well but takes it too far,people who spend too much time on social media still manage to go on dates ans get married!

The premise is correct though.And i'm glad I grew up before social media existed,I feel I had a healthy childhood, out playing with my mates rather than glued to a smartphone.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 11:47 am

and the wonder why kids have no social skills, what can you learn by looking at screen and messaging people you may never meet, that is not social interaction ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down