NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just got my UKIP election leaflet through....

Go down

Just got my UKIP election leaflet through.... Empty Just got my UKIP election leaflet through....

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 07, 2014 6:57 pm

Not had anything from lib lab con.

And this leaflet is about local elections, entitled 'what we stand for in Bexley'.

Here's what it says.....

Council & local democracy

We believe a full council reform is needed in Bexley. The current council is too big, too expensive and not productive enough. It does not support or represent those who need it most and many feel let down by goings on inside the council chamber.

UKIP would but the number of councillors in each ward from 3 to 2 saving around £300,000 a year.

We would scrap the council cabinet system and create a formal committee system which purports local residents, and not political parties.

We believe no council employee should be paid more than £100,000 a year.
The council needs to be more transparamt so you know exactly what is going on.

The council web site is too complicated aof needs a revamp. It should also show details of how often your councillors attend meetings.

Refuse & waste

UKIP would make waste more flexible, no refusal if your bins are slightly open.

We would give you two FREE collections a year (for example sofa or fridge) to prevent fly tipping. Other councils do it so why not ours?

Tax & money

UKIP would not freeze your council tax, we would lower it and make it simpler.

Bexley council tax has gone from being the second lowest in London to the third highest in 25 years, while a recent freedom of information request has shown Bexley's reserve funds have grown from £7 million to £60 million. Locals have had a bad deal.

UKIP councillors would promote local trade and businesses and ensure they have opportunities to thrive in today's competitive market.

Schools & education

UKIP would prioritise local children for local schools. No child should have to travel to a different borough to be educated.

We would push for more grammar school places, the brightest and most gifted should have the opportunity to go to a grammar school.

Child protection & elderly care

Bexley is In The bottom ten worst boroughs in The whole of The country when it comes to child protection. In fact OFSTED called it 'unacceptably poor', and the care of elderly isn't much better either!

UKIP would reinstate necks on wheels, a vital service in elderly care.

We would increase the care standards and accountability of child protection services and elderly care by bringing the services under council control to create one hiring system and to set overall quality standards, which would result in disciplinary action if not met to satisfactory standard.

UKIP would pay community care workers travelling expenses.

Parking & transport

UKIP want to see the fee for parking permits brought down to just cover admin fee costs - no one should have to pay over £100 just to park outside their own house.

UKIP will scrap 'pay by text' parking - it is just too complicated.

We want to see cheaper or free parking in major town centres like Bexleyheath and Welling to bring back trade to local shops.

We want to see the end of MICE cars which spy on local people , we do not want to live in a big brother society.

We demand a local referendum on the proposed river crossing in Bexley - We haven't been asked yet!

We will explore the possibility of expanding Erith pier and in turn expanding the river taxi to Erith - "if we build it they will come."

Policing & crime

We would increase community policing in high crime areas which seem to have been forgotten about. It is simply putting the power where needed.

Housing

UKIP want to see temporary accommodation charged at recommended rate. BExley council charge a fee on top which many struggle to pay. UKIP would scrap it.

We believe in local housing for local people - no queue jumping.

UKIP have no whip unlike lib lab con, if a UKIP councillor decides to vote differently to other UKIP councillors then no sanctions would be imposed on them.

Only UKIP would put you first.

Excellent stuff!

Vote UKIP!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Just got my UKIP election leaflet through.... Empty Re: Just got my UKIP election leaflet through....

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 7:00 pm

That really made me laugh, lots of promises but not one point in how they would accommodate this with costs, and where the money would come from.

Like I said, they have no viable economic plan, sounds even more made up than I thought

Back to top Go down

Just got my UKIP election leaflet through.... Empty Re: Just got my UKIP election leaflet through....

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 07, 2014 7:12 pm

Well there's £60 million of our money in council reserve account, some of that will be put to good use in sorting it all out!!!!

Laughing

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 7:13 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Well there's £60 million of our money in council reserve account, some of that will be put to good use in sorting it all out!!!!

Laughing

Mate it shows how very gullible you are

::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 07, 2014 7:24 pm

We'll see won't we when they get to work on it after election time..!

Vote UKIP!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 7:25 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:We'll see won't we when they get to work on it after election time..!

Vote UKIP!

Who was it delivered by?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05/07/ukip-eastern-european-leaflet-distribution-_n_5279567.html?1399473398&utm_hp_ref=uk

://?roflmao?/: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 7:46 pm

Sounds like pure common sense policies to me. With the money they save from getting rid of council fat cats' wages and utilising some of the £60 million reserve, (which no doubt has been built up by Labour instead of using it on services so they can bleat about services being cut), they could revamp the local community.

Haven't seen what Didge has posted, but I can imagine... the usual drivel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 7:48 pm

Tesstacious wrote:Sounds like pure common sense policies to me.  With the money they save from getting rid of council fat cats' wages and utilising some of the £60 million reserve, (which no doubt has been built up by Labour instead of using it on services so they can bleat about services being cut), they could revamp the local community.  

Haven't seen what Didge has posted, but I can imagine... the usual drivel.

Again gullible, and yes you have seen what I have posted as you always do Tess.

I am yet to see the evidence for this 60 million reserve and why and if it is true what its use is, or did UKIP leave that vital part out?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 7:57 pm

Director of Finance Mike Ellsmore tells the Times why Bexley council has chosen not to use its £10 million reserves to offset service cuts. This comes after councillors voted through £35.3 million worth of cuts to deal with the decrease in central government grants.

Mr Ellsmore writes: “In a world which is increasingly unpredictable, it is important for organisations to have reserves or something which they can fall back on.

“In the private sector this enables companies to ride out a downturn in business. For councils like Bexley it enables us to avoid sudden and dramatic increases in council tax.

“The natural disasters in Japan and New Zealand remind us we do not know what nature will throw at us. Locally we have seen an increase in the number of floods and the last two winters have been hard, with relatively high levels of snowfall.

“Following the sad case of Baby Peter more children than ever are being referred to the care of the council. It is virtually impossible to predict how many child protection cases will come into a local council’s responsibility, and to plan with any degree of certainty.

“The government auditor requires a minimum level of reserves. Through careful house-keeping we have built up a limited and prudent level, not too much, not too little.

“With the end of our financial year looming, we expect to have a general or ‘free’ reserve of just over £10 million. It’s the equivalent of someone who earns £15,000 having about £750 put aside for emergencies.

“Other reserves are held for specific purposes. For example our insurance reserve. In order to save money we insure many of our own risks ourselves and provide for these risks by putting money aside each year to cover large one-off spikes in the cost of claims.

“It would simply be irresponsible of the council not to be prepared for life’s uncertainties. We hope our residents will understand the council’s need to hold some funds in reserve.”

Proving my point that UKIP do not believe in contingency plans, so any bad weather and residents will be fucked, bravo UKIP the dim party.

Also 60 million?

Another porky pie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 07, 2014 7:58 pm

Oh, another huff and puff bit of bullshit....!
I think this from the lib lab con establishment is more serious....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1305113/Police-probe-illegal-immigrants-working-Commons-cleaners.html
And I live in Bexley which is/was a safe Tory seat, I'm not sure who the councillors are at the moment, but the £60 million is real and It is there, and was discovered after a freedom of information request.
UKIP want to cut the ward councillors from 3 to 2 saving £300,000 a year, And cap council employee earnings at max £100,000.
Another saving there.
But more about common sense and putting tax payers money to good use and being accountable to the people, rather than in their own cosy little bubble and lehmg untouchable.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 7:59 pm

Didge wrote:Director of Finance Mike Ellsmore tells the Times why Bexley council has chosen not to use its £10 million reserves to offset service cuts. This comes after councillors voted through £35.3 million worth of cuts to deal with the decrease in central government grants.

Mr Ellsmore writes: “In a world which is increasingly unpredictable, it is important for organisations to have reserves or something which they can fall back on.

“In the private sector this enables companies to ride out a downturn in business. For councils like Bexley it enables us to avoid sudden and dramatic increases in council tax.

“The natural disasters in Japan and New Zealand remind us we do not know what nature will throw at us. Locally we have seen an increase in the number of floods and the last two winters have been hard, with relatively high levels of snowfall.

“Following the sad case of Baby Peter more children than ever are being referred to the care of the council. It is virtually impossible to predict how many child protection cases will come into a local council’s responsibility, and to plan with any degree of certainty.

“The government auditor requires a minimum level of reserves. Through careful house-keeping we have built up a limited and prudent level, not too much, not too little.

“With the end of our financial year looming, we expect to have a general or ‘free’ reserve of just over £10 million. It’s the equivalent of someone who earns £15,000 having about £750 put aside for emergencies.

“Other reserves are held for specific purposes. For example our insurance reserve. In order to save money we insure many of our own risks ourselves and provide for these risks by putting money aside each year to cover large one-off spikes in the cost of claims.

“It would simply be irresponsible of the council not to be prepared for life’s uncertainties. We hope our residents will understand the council’s need to hold some funds in reserve.”

Proving my point that UKIP do not believe in contingency plans, so any bad weather and residents will be fucked, bravo UKIP the dim party.

Also 60 million?

Another porky pie

Its 10 million

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 07, 2014 8:01 pm

How old is that article dodge?
Joker!!!!!
We're in 2014 now and the ,FOI request has revealed the current true figure.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 8:02 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:How old is that article dodge?
Joker!!!!!
We're in 2014 now and the ,FOI request has revealed the current true figure.

2011, what makes me laugh is you still do not understand what contingency is, you think money grows on trees and again show how financially inept UKIP are, and proven easily.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 8:05 pm

http://www.bexley.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=12658&p=0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 8:09 pm

Pretty unlikely i would bet one of those leaflets Smile

But it would be right in the fcuking bin as soon as it hit the floor Smile

Racist clowns.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 8:11 pm

All forecasters project further reductions in the resources for local government over the next few years and
the Spending Round for 2015/16 published by the Government on 26 June 2013 has set out further
reductions of 10% in support to local government. Bexley like other Councils therefore needs to identify
major reductions in spending estimated at £40m by 2017/18. A financial planning reserve has been put in
place to ease the transition that needs to be made and its balance at 31 March 2013 was £8.677m.

I stand corrected, less than 10 million then, so again UKIP caught with their pants down and I have seen the claims to freedom of information, thus clearly made up and showing again how gullible Matti is

Seriously who wants to vote in a Party that are constantly lying and would bring an area into ruin, when as seen there is not the money to back their policies?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 07, 2014 8:19 pm

The council money comes from tax payers and can be used if needed.

I believe UKIP.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 8:21 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:The council money comes from tax payers and can be used if needed.

I believe UKIP.

As seen they told you porkies and would use up reserves which really is daft, leaving the area very vulnerable, hence all councils have reserves.

I have to go, as usual it is fun showing up how poor UKIP are even worse them making empty promises they clearly will be not able to commit to.

Hey ho, vote UKIP if you want financial ruin.

Night

::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 07, 2014 8:38 pm

Yeah and I'm sure The sky will fall in too!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 8:40 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Yeah and I'm sure The sky will fall in too!

The sky will not fall in, but when they fuck up and have not the funds to even Police the streets, what will they do then and say to the public?
Sorry we have no money and have to cut back on Police services, refuge etc, am sure the people of Bexley will love that

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 07, 2014 8:50 pm

Bullshit dodge!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 8:52 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Bullshit dodge!

Is it, clearly my answers always leave you rattled and as seen here, UKIP lied out of their arses ha ha

Night, as have better things to do

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 07, 2014 9:01 pm

What makes you so sure that others are being honest about the true figure in reserves?
UKIP have claimed a FOI request revealed true figure being just under £60million and I believe them.
I will contact them tomorrow to confirm for you.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down