NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woman injured as hair caught in go-kart engine in Kilmarnock

Go down

Woman injured as hair caught in go-kart engine in Kilmarnock Empty Woman injured as hair caught in go-kart engine in Kilmarnock

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 6:17 pm

A woman was seriously injured when her hair got caught in the engine of a go-kart in East Ayrshire.

The 48-year-old was at The Garage leisure complex in Kilmarnock on Wednesday evening when her hair became caught while she was riding.

She was taken to Crosshouse Hospital before being transferred to Glasgow's Southern General.

The woman is being treated for serious head and neck injuries. East Ayrshire Council is investigating the accident.

A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: "At 8.40pm we received a report that a 48-year-old woman had been injured while riding a go-kart at The Garage in Kilmarnock. The local authority is investigating."

A council spokesman said: "East Ayrshire Council is the health and safety enforcement authority for small businesses within the area.

"Therefore, when the council was notified of this very serious incident, senior officers from Environmental Health services immediately conducted a full investigation of the site.

"The officers are now preparing a report, which will set out the circumstances of the accident, for the procurator fiscal."

No-one from The Garage Entertainment Centre in Grange Street was available for comment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-27282462

Flipping OWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Woman injured as hair caught in go-kart engine in Kilmarnock Empty Re: Woman injured as hair caught in go-kart engine in Kilmarnock

Post by Fluffyx Mon May 05, 2014 6:29 pm

Oh gosh,poor lady, this is going to sound stupid but surely she should have had her hair tied back.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Woman injured as hair caught in go-kart engine in Kilmarnock Empty Re: Woman injured as hair caught in go-kart engine in Kilmarnock

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 6:42 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:Oh gosh,poor lady, this is going to sound stupid but surely she should have had her hair tied back.

Maybe she did Fluff, it doesn't say what actually caused it. The engine is on the back of the go-cart I believe, who knows what happened. They also have helmets on, so who knows!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Mon May 05, 2014 6:49 pm

Sassy wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:Oh gosh,poor lady, this is going to sound stupid but surely she should have had her hair tied back.

Maybe she did Fluff, it doesn't say what actually caused it.   The engine is on the back of the go-cart I believe, who knows what happened.   They also have helmets on, so who knows!

I dread to think what happened

Just hope the lady is ok.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 7:04 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Maybe she did Fluff, it doesn't say what actually caused it.   The engine is on the back of the go-cart I believe, who knows what happened.   They also have helmets on, so who knows!

I dread to think what happened

Just hope the lady is ok.

Me too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down