NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A pensioner who was paralysed 11 years ago is claiming she can now walk again after experiencing a 'miracle' at a church in southern Italy.

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A pensioner who was paralysed 11 years ago is claiming she can now walk again after experiencing a 'miracle' at a church in southern Italy.  Empty A pensioner who was paralysed 11 years ago is claiming she can now walk again after experiencing a 'miracle' at a church in southern Italy.

Post by gerber Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:58 pm

Michelina Comegna, 74, was struck by the 'miracle' during morning mass at a church in modern Pompei.
'I took communion and instantly felt a fire going from my feet up my legs and my whole body. At the same time, I was overcome by an intense scent of flowers', she said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2600750/Miracle-cures-paralyzed-woman-74-able-walk-time-11-years-praying-church-Italy.html#ixzz2yPftXLWd
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The power of Italian wine.

Make mine a magnum of Chianti  cheers cheers 
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

A pensioner who was paralysed 11 years ago is claiming she can now walk again after experiencing a 'miracle' at a church in southern Italy.  Empty Re: A pensioner who was paralysed 11 years ago is claiming she can now walk again after experiencing a 'miracle' at a church in southern Italy.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:44 pm

miracles happen i have seen many , if someone has faith to receive they will get well .

Like my dad with the holy water when he had the flesh eating infection after his bypass , that was a miracle no doubt

Back to top Go down

A pensioner who was paralysed 11 years ago is claiming she can now walk again after experiencing a 'miracle' at a church in southern Italy.  Empty Re: A pensioner who was paralysed 11 years ago is claiming she can now walk again after experiencing a 'miracle' at a church in southern Italy.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:22 pm

The kundalini fans will be impressed.

Not sure whether I believe it entirely. Good for her, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:26 pm

lovedust wrote:
The kundalini fans will be impressed.

Not sure whether I believe it entirely. Good for her, though.

Come on missus, educate me, never heard of kundalini!

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Sassy wrote:Just a magnum?  lol! 

A Nebuchadnezzar is beyond my spend
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:27 pm

gerber wrote:
Sassy wrote:Just a magnum?  lol! 

So it's price not quantity that is the problem lol

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:30 pm

Sassy wrote:
gerber wrote:

So it's price not quantity that is the problem lol

yep and my difficulty in pouring the blasted thing into a glas even if I owned a big enough corkscrew............ carefull.. LOL

Seen a couple during my days in the wine industry and only a couple.............

To turn a phrase on behalf of VOD " God it's big "........
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:39 pm

affraid ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: 

I hope JD and HA aren't reading this, you just know where it is going to go!

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:46 pm

Sassy wrote:affraid ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: 

Into the Tabernackeranal ?
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:47 pm

gerber wrote:
Sassy wrote:affraid ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: 

Into the Tabernackeranal ?

cheers   lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:54 pm

Kundalini = Theoretical reservoir of energy which lives "coiled" at the base of a person's spine in Hindu mythology. It can supposedly be made to rise resulting in a fiery sensation up the spine and "miraculous" physical healing.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:05 pm

lovedust wrote:Kundalini = Theoretical reservoir of energy which lives "coiled" at the base of a person's spine in Hindu mythology. It can supposedly be made to rise resulting in a fiery sensation up the spine and "miraculous" physical healing.

Wow !
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:14 pm

lovedust wrote:Kundalini = Theoretical reservoir of energy which lives "coiled" at the base of a person's spine in Hindu mythology. It can supposedly be made to rise resulting in a fiery sensation up the spine and "miraculous" physical healing.

Thanks for that. A lot of nerves connect to the base of the spine, so that would make sense in quite a few ways.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:18 pm

According to that philosophy, the sacrum bone is so-called because of the "sacred" energy it houses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:23 pm

lovedust wrote:
According to that philosophy, the sacrum bone is so-called because of the "sacred" energy it houses.

Never studied Hinduism. A sikh friend reckons all orgasms originate in the spine, guess that is what he was talking about.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:32 pm

Sassy wrote:
lovedust wrote:

Never studied Hinduism.   A sikh friend reckons all orgasms originate in the spine, guess that is what he was talking about.

Note to self.

If ever divorced ensure Gerbs marries a Chiropractor.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:39 pm

gerber wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Never studied Hinduism.   A sikh friend reckons all orgasms originate in the spine, guess that is what he was talking about.

Note to self.

If ever divorced ensure Gerbs marries a Chiropractor.

::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: 

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:18 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:

miracles happen i have seen many , if someone has faith to receive they will get well...........

lol! 

MORE self-delusional garbage....

Rolling Eyes 
 :askissas: shall i take you for a walk

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:48 am

Some years ago I was doing a course on Marketing linked to healthcare. We had lectures each week about evidence based medicine. Very interesting they were to. Most were about mainstream m,edicine but one story which sticks in my mind is the following story.

It was decided to do a formal trial to test the effectiveness of prayer. The trial would be carried out in accordance with established procedure for blind drug trials i.e. the control group and the active group would not be informed they were being prayed for.

I cannot remember the precise numbers of group sizes but they were quite large to ensure that any outcome could be deemed statistically significant. To cut a long story short the results were indisputable the group who were prayed for showed huge statistically significant improvements over those who were not.

This surprised almost everyone. Of course Lone Wolf would dismiss this as nonsense because he doesn't want to believe anything which challenges his prejudices.

The lectures were given by the Editor of Bandolier a publication for Doctors which summarises latest clinical trials and medical breakthroughs for busy GPs to encourage further research by them to keep them abreast of new developments. The Editor was as much surprised as anyone as he too was not a believer but he couldn't explain the outcome any other way.

Just a little food for thought.

Fred
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:56 am

Maybe she did clearly you have had a similar incident which makes you so loopy. I shall pray for you. lol! lol! 

Fred
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:21 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
lovedust wrote:
Kundalini = Theoretical reservoir of energy which lives "coiled" at the base of a person's spine in Hindu mythology. It can supposedly be made to rise resulting in a fiery sensation up the spine and "miraculous" physical healing.

What a Face 

UNFORTUNATELY, the rest of the world still awaits those Yogi's and holy men producing their first genuine and proven miraculously cured customer...

Kundalini practitioners; ...

I've not doubt there are masses of fraudulent claims in this area, and who knows, maybe there's never been a genuine Kundalini healing... Having said all of that, there's no way any Kundalini healing claim could be proven - imho - if the scientific establishment is predisposed to disbelieve the existence of the phenomenon no matter what. Even if it were accepted by all a patient had recovered from a terminal illness against all odds, it would be dismissed as spontaneous remission.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:40 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:just awesome...God is good.. Smile 

Astonishing. When 1000s of people are wiped out by disease and disaster, millions of religious people; when most people with crippling disabilities pray their whole lives only never to recover- that is nothing to do with God- 'people have to die' 'it's a test' 'it's part of his plan' 'He doesn't intervene'.

You get the whiff of one alleged miracle, helping one single person; and without even questioning it claim it as a sign that 'God is good'. Unbelievable- with that kind of logic it's no wonder debating religion with you is like trying to mould custard  Rolling Eyes
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:42 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:just awesome...God is good.. Smile 

Astonishing. When 1000s of people are wiped out by disease and disaster, millions of religious people; when most people with crippling disabilities pray their whole lives only never to recover- that is nothing to do with God- 'people have to die' 'it's a test' 'it's part of his plan' 'He doesn't intervene'.

You get the whiff of one alleged miracle, helping one single person; and without even questioning it claim it as a sign that 'God is good'. Unbelievable- with that kind of logic it's no wonder debating religion with you is like trying to mould custard  Rolling Eyes

it is in a way as i am not religious but you seem a little to dim to realise that... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:48 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

it is in a way as i am not religious but you seem a little to dim to realise that... Smile 

Debating God or Christianity then, not just religion, debating anything to do with God, Christianity, religion, the supernatural, metaphysical, scientific; is an absolute waste of time who ignores massive loss of life and suffering and ignores it but sees one possible woman recovering as a sign God is good, as I said, unbelievable  Rolling Eyes 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:52 pm

Eilzel wrote:

Debating God or Christianity then, not just religion, debating anything to do with God, Christianity, religion, the supernatural, metaphysical, scientific; is an absolute waste of time who ignores massive loss of life and suffering and ignores it but sees one possible woman recovering as a sign God is good, as I said, unbelievable  Rolling Eyes 

why is it unbelievable...nothing else had changed for this woman and yet her paralysis left her, what else could it have been??

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:56 pm

Eilzel wrote:

why is it unbelievable...nothing else had changed for this woman and yet her paralysis left her, what else could it have been??

1. You are accepting the story without question.
2. If she did recover, the only possible explanation is not 'God did it, it's a miracle'...
3. You accept God had a direct hand in this but refuse to acknowledge God's part in disease and disaster, that is the really unbelievable part...
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:27 pm

Les my dad had a bypass in 2004 and the drip sight got infected it wasn't MRSA they couldn't identify it, it was the most gross thing i have ever seen it was eating his skin away and was weeping absolutely vile it wasn't healing no matter how they tried to treat it . He ended up with this suction pad on the infection where a machine tried to clean it out and that didn't work either , one doctor was astonished said ' what the hell is it ?' . He went down surgery to have it cut away and had skin graft on it , that too  started to get eaten away it was very scary and very worrying .
He and my mum  went on a day trip which they already had booked before this thing started taking over his hand , and it was spreading down all his fingers too , anyway on this trip they were walking past a church and my dad said he wanted to just nip in , while in there he poured Holy water on the whole of his hand . It started to clear up almost instantly , within a few days it was really healing up . Now i believe that holy water cleared that unknown infection and my dad certainly believes it . I have no doubt that in this instance that was a miracle .

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:19 pm

Eilzel wrote:

So why is the Boss not intervening with the Ebola virus..... ?
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:03 pm

gerber wrote:

So why is the Boss not intervening with the Ebola virus.....  ?

Yea, apparently it's 'free will' when he does nothing, but a 'miracle' if someone gets better. So, he'd save this woman and VOD's Dad, but is quite happy for all those people to die from the Ebola virus and have it spread the way it is, quite happy for people to be swept away in tsunamis etc etc etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:17 pm

VOD(original) wrote:Les my dad had a bypass in 2004 and the drip sight got infected it wasn't MRSA they couldn't identify it, it was the most gross thing i have ever seen it was eating his skin away and was weeping absolutely vile it wasn't healing no matter how they tried to treat it . He ended up with this suction pad on the infection where a machine tried to clean it out and that didn't work either , one doctor was astonished said ' what the hell is it ?' . He went down surgery to have it cut away and had skin graft on it , that too  started to get eaten away it was very scary and very worrying .
He and my mum  went on a day trip which they already had booked before this thing started taking over his hand , and it was spreading down all his fingers too , anyway on this trip they were walking past a church and my dad said he wanted to just nip in , while in there he poured Holy water on the whole of his hand . It started to clear up almost instantly , within a few days it was really healing up . Now i believe that holy water cleared that unknown infection and my dad certainly believes it . I have no doubt that in this instance that was a miracle .

So, only "half" a miracle then..I mean IF your god had the power to initiate healing....why didnt he just heal it up...completely...there and then

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:26 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:Les my dad had a bypass in 2004 and the drip sight got infected it wasn't MRSA they couldn't identify it, it was the most gross thing i have ever seen it was eating his skin away and was weeping absolutely vile it wasn't healing no matter how they tried to treat it . He ended up with this suction pad on the infection where a machine tried to clean it out and that didn't work either , one doctor was astonished said ' what the hell is it ?' . He went down surgery to have it cut away and had skin graft on it , that too  started to get eaten away it was very scary and very worrying .

So, only "half" a miracle then..I mean IF your god had the power to initiate healing....why didnt he just heal it up...completely...there and then

lol even in the bible some took more than one go to heal and that was with Jesus.. Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:58 pm

See what he can do with the Ebola virus then. Or will that be down to 'free will'  Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:03 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:so...not so "powerful" then?????

perfectly powerful, vod's dad was healed and the same for the people in tthe bible, including lepers...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:19 pm

but it took multiple events...or time???

All powerful ???

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:21 pm

Sassy wrote:See what he can do with the Ebola virus then.   Or will that be down to 'free will'  Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil 

Very interesting replies and answers............

Zilch so far........

Surprising, no  No 
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:24 pm

gerber wrote:
Sassy wrote:See what he can do with the Ebola virus then.   Or will that be down to 'free will'  Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil 

Zilch so far........

Surprising, no   No 

That will be free will then lol

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:32 pm

Sassy wrote:
gerber wrote:

Zilch so far........

Surprising, no   No 

Does that depend on much one contributes to the collection plate ?
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:34 pm

gerber wrote:
Sassy wrote:

You are a wicked woman lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:46 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:

You wouldn't doubt if you saw my dads hand . It was a miracle , even Jesus when he healed people in the bible it took an hour , my dad is a very sick man right now and i won't have him taken the piss out of . He probably doesn't have very long .

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:48 pm

VOD(original) wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

You wouldn't doubt if you saw my dads hand . It was a miracle , even Jesus when he healed people in the bible it took an hour , my dad is a very sick man right now and i won't have him taken the piss out of . He probably doesn't have very long .

No one is taking the piss out of him Dibs we just doubt that a miracle actually took place.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:48 pm

Sassy wrote:
gerber wrote:

You are a wicked woman lol

I am going to report you for abuse, slander liable and non payment to the gerbs benevolent fund.

So a little cash now most useful.........

xx
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:49 pm

VOD(original) wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

..nobody is taking the piss out of your Father VOD, that's never going to happen , but to be told this and that are God's miracles is patronising rubbish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:51 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:but it took multiple events...or time???

All powerful ???
it took once with the holy water and a few days to clear. My dad is very sick with Parkinsons disease . God hasen't healed him but im not sure if my dad just wants to go sometimes people just want to die in the end .

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next