NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i would love to visit some of the nazi concentration camps

Go down

i would love to visit some of the nazi concentration camps Empty i would love to visit some of the nazi concentration camps

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:52 am

the images are always so touching, i bet they are amazing places to visit and should remind us what humans can and have done to other humans..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2586615/How-Hitlers-photographer-returned-Dachau-concentration-camp-series-chilling-images-five-years-survived-torture-death-hands-Nazis-set-free.html

Back to top Go down

i would love to visit some of the nazi concentration camps Empty Re: i would love to visit some of the nazi concentration camps

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:21 am

so sad but they are remembered forever all those who died there RIP

Back to top Go down

i would love to visit some of the nazi concentration camps Empty Re: i would love to visit some of the nazi concentration camps

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:36 am

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:the images are always so touching, i bet they are amazing places to visit and should remind us what humans can and have done to other humans..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2586615/How-Hitlers-photographer-returned-Dachau-concentration-camp-series-chilling-images-five-years-survived-torture-death-hands-Nazis-set-free.html

Know what ?
touching is not the word that comes to my mind  No 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:42 am

NemsAgain wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:the images are always so touching, i bet they are amazing places to visit and should remind us what humans can and have done to other humans..

Know what ?

I know what you mean, words cannot describe the horrors and inhumanity..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:05 am

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

Know what ?

They cant and as someone who's family lived under occupation, it makes me sick to see the word nazi slung about by morons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:12 am

NemsAgain wrote:

They cant and as someone who's family lived under occupation, it makes me sick to see the word nazi slung about by morons.

It was a hateful regime, it is beyond belief what one human being would do to another, how people could ever deny it happened is beyond me...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:21 am

NemsAgain wrote:

It was a hateful regime, it is beyond belief what one human being would do to another, how people could ever deny it happened is beyond me...

Agreed, but some people can ignore all kinds if it suits their agenda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:25 am

NemsAgain wrote:

Agreed, but some people can ignore all kinds if it suits their agenda

yeah I suppose that is true, Let's face it would you want to ever believe one of your relations could be capable of such atrocities..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:27 am

my mum is Jewish , and one of her family was smuggled over here by their dad in a suitcase as a new baby to escape  Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:29 am

VOD(original) wrote:my mum is Jewish , and one of her family was smuggled over here by their dad in a suitcase as a new baby to escape  Sad 

it really is so amazing to hear the stories of peoples bravery to escape and help others to escape too...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:29 am

VOD(original) wrote:my mum is Jewish , and one of her family was smuggled over here by their dad in a suitcase as a new baby to escape  Sad 

My grandmother (on fathers side) was a Hungarian Jew, she survived the concentration camp.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:32 am

Catman wrote:

My grandmother (on fathers side) was a Hungarian Jew, she survived the concentration camp.

bless her, I bet a few stories were passed down, it must have been a terrifying time to live..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:35 am

Catman wrote:

bless her, I bet a few stories were passed down, it must have been a terrifying time to live..

She died when we were very young, i can just remember how kind and calming she was tbf.  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:37 am

Catman wrote:

She died when we were very young, i can just remember how kind she was tbf.  Smile 

that's another testimony to the people, you would have thought it would have made the bitter or nasty, mind you when you have seen such hate from others perhaps it makes you realise how bad it is..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:43 am

I find it rather weird that anyone would 'love' to visit a concentration camp. Surely it would be the case that, if you had relatives that were in one, you might feel it your duty to go to understand what they went through, but the experience would be so harrowing that it could never be equated with the word 'love'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:46 am

Catman wrote:

She died when we were very young, i can just remember how kind she was tbf.  Smile 

that's another testimony to the people, you would have thought it would have made the bitter or nasty, mind you when you have seen such hate from others perhaps it makes you realise how bad it is..

She wasn't bitter or nasty, just full of love.  Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:48 am

Catman wrote:

that's awesome... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:58 am

Catman wrote:

that's awesome... Smile 

Thread has jogged my mind a bit, since my Grandfather was RAF, and we have medals for the liberation of the Netherlands....I don't know how they met, would love to know but we are estranged from my father, so unlikely to ever find out.  Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:00 pm

Catman wrote:

that's awesome... Smile 

Thread has jogged my mind a bit, since my Grandfather was RAF, and we have medals for the liberation of the Netherlands....I don't know how they met, would love to know but we are estranged from my father, so unlikely to ever find out.  Sad 

there are loads of sites that could get you started have a look, it might open up some amazing facts... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:01 pm

Is it?   My great uncle was in a Japanese prisoner of war camp.    He wouldn't buy anything that was associated with Japan in any way, and I think that was pretty normal.    

I still think it's bloody weird saying you would 'love' to go.    People who do go normally do so out of duty and say it was the most harrowing experience of their lives.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:09 pm

Catman wrote:

there are loads of sites that could get you started have a look, it might open up some amazing facts... Smile 

'Where are the medals'  Laughing ..Step grandmother gave them to us before she died, i can remember that it was the last contact that we had from my father....Yea...I was encouraged to do some research by my mother a few years back.  Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:13 pm

Catman wrote:

It is amazing what you can find. My ex husband was working in removals and they were asked to move some archives, being nosey he had a look at what they were. They were ID cards from the occupation and he picked one at random to read and it was my dads, together with his detention records from when he was jailed by the Germans  Shocked 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:15 pm

Sassy wrote:Is it?   My great uncle was in a Japanese prisoner of war camp.    He wouldn't buy anything that was associated with Japan in any way, and I think that was pretty normal.    

I still think it's bloody weird saying you would 'love' to go.    People who do go normally do so out of duty and say it was the most harrowing experience of their lives.

I think it would be a very profound experience to go to such camps, it's very hard to imagine someone could plan and build something intended to just kill other people.

the japanese were an extremely cruel race especially to their prisoners ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:21 pm

Sassy wrote:Is it?   My great uncle was in a Japanese prisoner of war camp.    He wouldn't buy anything that was associated with Japan in any way, and I think that was pretty normal.    

I think it would be a very profound experience to go to such camps, it's very hard to imagine someone could plan and build something intended to just kill other people.

the japanese were an extremely cruel race especially to their prisoners ...

Yea...I can remember that TV series Tenko.  Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:53 pm

I've always thought it would be very interesting to visit those death camps, but I would in now way take any "joy" from it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:12 pm

Joy Division wrote:I've always thought it would be very interesting to visit those death camps, but I would in now way take any "joy" from it.

absolutely not but as i said i think it would have a profound effect on most visitors.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:12 pm

Joy Division wrote:I've always thought it would be very interesting to visit those death camps, but I would in now way take any "joy" from it.

absolutely not but as i said i think it would have a profound effect on most visitors.

As so many mass murders and appalling acts were committed there ,I agree... I'm sure it would indeed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down