NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exit polls: 93 percent of Crimeans favor union with Russia

2 posters

Go down

Exit polls: 93 percent of Crimeans favor union with Russia Empty Exit polls: 93 percent of Crimeans favor union with Russia

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:54 am

Exit polls: 93 percent of Crimeans favor union with Russia _73619341_dd4c3a32-4e6a-4732-ad2a-82838a465458

About 93% of Crimean voters have backed joining Russia and seceding from Ukraine, exit polls have suggested.

Crowds of pro-Moscow voters celebrated in the main city of Simferopol, and Crimea's pro-Russia leader said he would apply to join Russia on Monday.

But many Crimeans loyal to Kiev boycotted the referendum, and the EU and US condemned it as illegal.

Pro-Russian forces took control of Crimea in February after Ukraine's pro-Moscow president was overthrown.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26598832
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Exit polls: 93 percent of Crimeans favor union with Russia Empty Re: Exit polls: 93 percent of Crimeans favor union with Russia

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:10 am

Here in the West we've always said "let the people decide" when it comes to things like that haven't we.

I'm happy for them.

Back to top Go down

Exit polls: 93 percent of Crimeans favor union with Russia Empty Re: Exit polls: 93 percent of Crimeans favor union with Russia

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:21 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Here in the West we've always said "let the people decide" when it comes to things like that haven't we.

I'm happy for them.

i don't see how you can argue with such a huge margin in favour...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:50 pm

What has been the British government's view on the Falklands - let the people decide.

What is the British government's view on the UK - let the people decide.

What has been the British government's view on this "United States of Europe" - let the politicians decide.

I prefer to let the people decide myself - seems very democratic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:49 pm

I don't know; as Lone Wolf points out, the vote going that way isn't a surprise, but the 93 percent is suspicious. 93 percent of people probably don't agree that sex is fun or that pizza tastes good ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:07 pm

Considering the choice, I'm not surprised:

The first will ask, “Do you support reunifying Crimea with Russia as a subject of the Russian Federation?” The second question will be “Do you support the restoration of the 1992 Crimean constitution and the status of Crimea as a part of Ukraine?”

Crimea is currently an autonomous republic that is a part of Ukraine. But when the 1992 constitution came into effect, it declared that Crimea was not a part of Ukraine. The constitution was later altered to make Crimea an autonomous republic within Ukraine.

What the ballot isn’t clear on is which version of the constitution should be restored. Most analysts agree that there is no clear option to simply maintain the status quo.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1209112/what-you-should-know-about-crimeas-referendum/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down