NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UKIP councillor receives suspended prison sentence for arson offence

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

UKIP councillor receives suspended prison sentence for arson offence Empty UKIP councillor receives suspended prison sentence for arson offence

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:04 pm

UKIP councillor receives suspended prison sentence for arson offence 3508_4958

UKIP councillor Malcolm Small has received a suspended prison sentence for an arson offence committed last month, putting his future at Rushmoor Borough Council in doubt.

Small, who represents West Heath, set fire to several items of clothing belonging to his wife Kim Van Opdorp after a row over a social engagement at his home in Brewers Close, Farnborough, on February 4.

At Basingstoke Magistrates’ Court on Friday, he was sentenced to 12 weeks in prison, suspended for two years.

Kate Prince, prosecuting, told the court the offence was triggered by an argument between Small, 48, and his wife of more than 10 years on February 4 over who they would be inviting to the Mayor’s Ball on Valentine’s Day as their guests.

Miss Van Opdorp left the house and returned to find Small had taken what she estimated as £2,000 of clothes from her wardrobe, including the dress she was planning to wear to the ball and his own tuxedo, and put them on a pallet in the back garden.

Ruth Cassidy, defending, said Small had "seen red" after the argument and regretted his actions.

She said Small had taken only a "handful" of "cheap" clothes, was careful not to let the fire spread and had tidied up afterwards.

“It was a complete moment of rage,” she said. “When he saw the flames he felt very remorseful.”

She said there had been "rather a history" of domestic violence in Small’s marriage, with both parties claiming to be victims, but that neither had ever been charged with any offences.

Miss Cassidy added that Small still loved his wife, but she had said the marriage was over.

She said Small realised he was drinking too much and had approached his GP about seeking help for his behaviour. He is now taking medication for bi-polar disorder and may also be referred for counselling.

“He recognises there are issues he need to address,” said Miss Cassidy.

Small, who runs a business selling hot dogs in Farnborough, had already admitted the charge of arson at Aldershot Magistrates’ Court on February 20.

In the lead up to the sentencing, he had been subject to conditional bail which demanded he not leave his address between 7pm and 7am and not contact Miss Van Opdorp. However, he breached the latter condition and was fitted with an electronic tag on March 3.

At the sentencing, he was said to have one previous conviction for assault. He was also told to pay £85 court costs and an £80 victim surcharge.

He will remain under supervision for two years and must partake in 32 'building better relationships 'sessions. A restraining order was also imposed, forbidding him from contacting Miss Van Opdorp for two years.

Under the Local Government Act, a councillor is automatically disqualified from their position if they receive a custodial sentence of more than three months.

While Cllr Small’s sentence does not exceed this limit, Conservative council leader Peter Moyle has already called for him to resign.

The court heard that Small had discussed his future with Rushmoor chief executive Andrew Lloyd and had been assured he could remain as a councillor if the three-month prison sentence was not exceeded.

Small declined to comment after his sentencing.

Get Hampshire

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/ukip/article/3508/ukip-councillor-receives-suspended-prison-sentence-for-arson-offence

UKIP do have em!  No 

Back to top Go down

UKIP councillor receives suspended prison sentence for arson offence Empty Re: UKIP councillor receives suspended prison sentence for arson offence

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:08 pm

Gee someone with bipolar and alcohol problems who has problems with anger - cannot think of anyone else like that.

Back to top Go down

UKIP councillor receives suspended prison sentence for arson offence Empty Re: UKIP councillor receives suspended prison sentence for arson offence

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:13 pm

So...a woman does similar (and worse) when he's "cheated" and nothing is said about it hmmmm

btw Phil, were you looking in the mirror there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:14 pm

sphinx wrote:Gee someone with bipolar and alcohol problems who has problems with anger - cannot think of anyone else like that.

I don't have bipolar thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:17 pm

Also....I wouldn't stand for office, where as he did, and UKIP accepted him!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:23 pm

Catman wrote:
sphinx wrote:Gee someone with bipolar and alcohol problems who has problems with anger - cannot think of anyone else like that.

perhaps not, you are just "mad as a box of frogs"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:25 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
Catman wrote:

perhaps not, you are just "mad as a box of frogs"

....And you are a druid!  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:54 pm

and your point is?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:59 pm

victorismyhero wrote:and your point is?

Some might see that as being 'mad as a box of frogs'  Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:15 am

so now you are a religious bigot eh.....nicely admitted

well you walked into that didnt you....interesting what a little "fishing" can do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:16 am

nite......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:19 am

victorismyhero wrote:so now you are a religious bigot eh.....nicely admitted

well you walked into that didnt you....interesting what a little "fishing" can do.

You can't deny, that some people would see druids as being 'as mad as a box of frogs'...Just making a point, that was all!  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:39 am

UKIP councillor receives suspended prison sentence for arson offence 090319-02-druid-equinox_big

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:36 pm

and if I said the same about gays, you would have an abuse fest and hissy fit. You would "scweem and scweem until you were thick"

So Phil is "selectively bigoted" I always guessed as much.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:39 pm

really he burned clothes and got time, what happened when women burnt their bra's, they got equality, crazy mixed up world...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:43 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:really he burned clothes and got time, what happened when women burnt their bra's, they got equality, crazy mixed up world...

I think the problem is HE burned HER clothes.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:47 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:really he burned clothes and got time, what happened when women burnt their bra's, they got equality, crazy mixed up world...

I think the problem is HE burned HER clothes.....

was she in them at the time....?

how many women have ripped up men's clothes or cut them up with scissors during a row, talk about pathetic... they will dredge up anything because it is UKIP, they must really be running scared...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:50 pm

Of course the interesting thing is that a UKIP councillor is making national news for burning his wifes clothing after a row http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2581172/Ukip-councillor-set-fire-wifes-clothes-garden-row-join-mayors-ball.html while a Lib Dem councillor who plead guilty to racially aggravated assault is only covered in his local paper http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/11067497.Worcester_Park_councillor_convicted_for_racially_aggravated_assault_in_train_station_pub/

Now is it just me or is that a distinct difference in the way the reporting of these offences has been managed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:52 pm

sphinx wrote:Of course the interesting thing is that a UKIP councillor is making national news for burning his wifes clothing after a row while a Lib Dem councillor who plead guilty to racially aggravated assault is only covered in his local paper http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/11067497.Worcester_Park_councillor_convicted_for_racially_aggravated_assault_in_train_station_pub/

Now is it just me or is that a distinct difference in the way the reporting of these offences has been managed?

as i said the main parties are running scared, you can only imagine the history of misrunning this country that would suddenly become public knowledge if a new party finally got control... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:46 pm

sphinx wrote:Of course the interesting thing is that a UKIP councillor is making national news for burning his wifes clothing after a row http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2581172/Ukip-councillor-set-fire-wifes-clothes-garden-row-join-mayors-ball.html while a Lib Dem councillor who plead guilty to racially aggravated assault is only covered in his local paper http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/11067497.Worcester_Park_councillor_convicted_for_racially_aggravated_assault_in_train_station_pub/

Erm...I dont think its you sphinx.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:03 pm

victorismyhero wrote:and if I said the same about gays, you would have an abuse fest and hissy fit. You would "scweem and scweem until you were thick"

You and Sphinx started with the personal attacks on this thread, you dish it out, expect to get some back, rentaghost  Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:10 pm

He only burnt some clothes in his back garden - I thought it was going to be more serious than that.

Mind you, if some bloke set fire to my favourite clothes, I wouldn't be too happy.  Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:He only burnt some clothes in his back garden - I thought it was going to be serious than that.

Mind you, if some bloke set fire to my favourite clothes, I wouldn't be too happy.  Laughing 

I agree, how on earth did he get any sentence, it is ridiculous.. Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:51 pm

Catman wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:and if I said the same about gays, you would have an abuse fest and hissy fit. You would "scweem and scweem until you were thick"

You and Sphinx started with the personal attacks on this thread, you dish it out, expect to get some back, rentaghost  Razz

Erm where on this thread, did I make a "personal attack"....questioning your sanity (as opposed to anything else) is hardly a personal attack, since i have done the same to many here...who have seen it as the grim humour it is......unlike your religious bigotry....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:52 pm

Oh and spotting the truth is hardly "personal attack".....

You and the subject of the OP have a lot in common.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:57 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
Catman wrote:

Erm where on this thread, did I make a "personal attack"....questioning your sanity (as opposed to anything else) is hardly a personal attack, since i have done the same to many here...who have seen it as the grim humour it is......unlike your religious bigotry....

It has no relevance to the OP, and it was a personal attack, else you wouldn't have brought me into it and just discussed the subject matter of the news article idiot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:59 pm

see there you go...now you are really off on the "personal attack thing are'nt you...Idiot now is it,

hmmm seems abuse is a one way thing with you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:10 pm

victorismyhero wrote:see there you go...now you are really off on the "personal attack thing are'nt you...Idiot now is it,

Like i said, you posted the personal abuse first...So not a one way thing Grand Wizard!  Razz 

UKIP councillor receives suspended prison sentence for arson offence Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNceNDZALTri6JaXgL1qhzPEoAcVtY86tzw3dDbhijV76Mkqya

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:17 pm

that's just stupid , just wonder if there should have been a criminal case here because you can't vandalize your own stuff and as marriage sharing then he didn't really do anything wrong .

Apart from that the whole thing is stupid and a waste of money .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Catman wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:see there you go...now you are really off on the "personal attack thing are'nt you...Idiot now is it,

Like i said, you posted the personal abuse first...So not a one way thing Grand Wizard!  Razz 

UKIP councillor receives suspended prison sentence for arson offence Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNceNDZALTri6JaXgL1qhzPEoAcVtY86tzw3dDbhijV76Mkqya

I take it crowing in delight over a man who is ill with bi polar and alcohol issues who has lost his temper and got into trouble is not any form of personal attack on him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:23 pm

VOD(original) wrote:that's just stupid , just wonder if there should have been a criminal case here because you can't vandalize your own stuff and as marriage sharing then he didn't really do anything wrong .

Apart from that the whole thing is stupid and a waste of money .

very good point... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:27 pm

sphinx wrote:
Catman wrote:

I take it crowing in delight over a man who is ill with bi polar and alcohol issues who has lost his temper and got into trouble is not any form of personal attack on him.

I posted a news article, i know that you are a bit of a fascist, and don't like news articles that are factual against UKIP, but tough!  ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:39 pm

Now you liken me to a clan "grand wizard"...you really are a vile little man.
It is YOU who show your bigotry, not me.....
YOU are the first to cry foul when things go against you, indeed you wont even allow for the slightest opposing opinion, let alone criticism....

Now you start with your abuse of me because i have a different belief to you...worthy of the worst dictators and intolerant ayatollahs. YOU ONLY WANT "tolerance " when it suits YOU......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:42 pm

victorismyhero wrote:Now you liken me to a clan "grand wizard"...you really are a vile little man.
YOU are the first to cry foul when things go against you, indeed you wont even allow for the slightest opposing opinion, let alone criticism....

Now you start with your abuse of me because i have a different belief to you...worthy of the worst dictators and intolerant ayatollahs. YOU ONLY WANT "tolerance " when it suits YOU......

Sleep Sleep Sleep 

The druids dress like that, just an observation!  Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:45 pm

Catman wrote:
sphinx wrote:

I posted a news article, i know that you are a bit of a fascist, and don't like news articles that are factual against UKIP, but tough!  ::D:: 

How was it factual against UKIP? Are you saying that it is a negative UKIP has those with mental health problems standing for election? Are you saying UKIP is the only party who has representatives with alcohol or anger issues?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:47 pm

Catman wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:Now you liken me to a clan "grand wizard"...you really are a vile little man.

Sleep Sleep Sleep 

The druids dress like that, just an observation!  Razz 

So if some extremist intolerant group decide to use the rainbow as their symbol that will obviously mean that the gay equality movement can be likened to them because they have a similar symbol even though they were using it first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:48 pm

Ermm...no they dont . As usual catman spouts bile and rubbish when caught out in his true selfish intolerant form...

BIGOT....

It seems to me, a nasty term, which I wont use, that was pinned to you a while back fits very well .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:53 pm

victorismyhero wrote:Ermm...no they dont . As usual catman spouts bile and rubbish when caught out in his true selfish intolerant form...

BIGOT....

It seems to me, a nasty term, which I wont use, that was pinned to you a while back fits very well   .

Listen, you nauseating trail of cat vomit, you and the supposed cripple, that can go fox hunting started with the abuse on here, now fuck off and make another piece of crappy furniture!  Razz Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:00 pm

and the true nature of the of this character comes out...Its so easy....and who you going to go crying to eh, you have alienated just about everyone on here that ever backed you....

you fraudulent piece of flotsam that supports the LEAST tolerant of organisations under its "rainbow flag".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:05 pm

victorismyhero wrote:and the true nature of the of this character comes out...Its so easy....and who you going to go crying to eh, you have alienated just about everyone on here that ever backed you....

you fraudulent piece of flotsam that supports the LEAST tolerant of organisations under its "rainbow flag".

I won't go crying to anyone.

Tell that to someone that actually gives a fuck, because i certainly don't!  ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:09 pm

Yeah but maybe we ought to go to someone to report you for religious intolerance, and prejudice against the mentally ill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:12 pm

I wonder what the DWP would think of his "claims" to have inherited a fortune, after all...if he has over £16,000 in ANY form....he is claiming benefits fraudulently nowadays isnt he??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:14 pm

sphinx wrote:Yeah but maybe we ought to go to someone to report you for religious intolerance, and prejudice against the mentally ill.

:-:bravo:-: :-:bravo:-: :-:bravo:-: 

::cheerlead:: ::cheerlead:: ::cheerlead::   lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:23 pm

Catman wrote:
sphinx wrote:Yeah but maybe we ought to go to someone to report you for religious intolerance, and prejudice against the mentally ill.

typical response of the intolerant stalinist L/W when they get shown up for what they are.
nasty, intolerant, self indulgent, scrounging, piss taking, rejects.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:25 pm

victorismyhero wrote:I wonder what the DWP would think of his "claims" to have inherited a fortune, after all...if he has over £16,000 in ANY form....he is claiming benefits fraudulently nowadays isnt he??

Depends on the legal status of the bequest. When my mother died she left her half of the one bed flat owned by her and her husband to be shared between me and my brother - but it cannot be touched while my step father is living in it. The DWP are fully aware of the bequest and have photo copies of the will etc. Technically that quarter of the flat is mine - but while it remains "in trust" (its not a trust but a similar idea) it does not affect my benefits.

If catmans bequest is either in probate or has other legal instructions attached then he will not be fraudulent at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:27 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
Catman wrote:

typical response of the intolerant stalinist L/W when they get shown up for what they are.
nasty, intolerant, self indulgent, scrounging, piss taking, rejects.....

://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

I haven't been shown up at all, a quick look at the top of the thread will prove who started all of this shit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:28 pm

What THIS cretin doesnt realise is that the pagan community, (which includes druids, wiccans, and some others) were amongst the first to not just "tolerate" gays, but to actively welcome them and help fight their cause by example. the pagans held (for a long time...much longer than all this fuss about gay marriage and "civil partnerships) That homosexuality was perfectly natural, and acceptable and ALL had a part to play in the natural order of things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:29 pm

Yes it will...I made an (accurate) observation
YOU showed your religious bigotry, and your true nature......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:34 pm

Yada!... Yada!... Yada!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:35 pm

poisonous fool....
Get back to your best occupation ::stpat:: ::stpat:: ::stpat:: ::stpat:: drunken drunken drunken :::grouch:: 

Last edited by victorismyhero on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next