NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will You Have Green Poop on St. Patrick's Day?

2 posters

Go down

Will You Have Green Poop on St. Patrick's Day? Empty Will You Have Green Poop on St. Patrick's Day?

Post by groomsy Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:51 am

"Will I poop green today?" That's probably not the most common question on your mind, but maybe for St. Patrick's Day, the potential hue of your fecal matter has your brain working overtime. I love to celebrate the holiday, especially sipping a pint of green beer. And what about those green frosted cupcakes someone in the office is sure to bring in? So much green food, so little time. But how will all of that green food and drink fare against your digestive system? Will it come out victorious, making your poop look like something left behind by a leprechaun? Or will your digestive system literally metabolize the crap out of it?

Let's focus on beer first, because most of us will probably have a green beer or two this St. Paddy's Day. When making green beer, a drop or two of food coloring is added to a light beer, like a Pilsner or an IPA. (If you're curious about exploring the science behind what separates light beers from dark beers, check out this article about the Maillard reaction, which is responsible for the variety of colors. But just a warning: This will give you enough organic chemistry to make your head spin, or maybe that's just the alcohol.) Even though a drop or two of food coloring is enough to turn a beer green, it's likely not enough to have noticeable results in the toilet. But what would happen if you were to keep eating green food coloring? Could it change the color of your poop, and why?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/Chevy-Humphrey-/will-you-have-green-poop-on-st-patricks-day_b_4951805.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-science
groomsy
groomsy
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Will You Have Green Poop on St. Patrick's Day? Empty Re: Will You Have Green Poop on St. Patrick's Day?

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:55 am

Bartenders put their green dye in the oldest beer at the bar -- never EVER drink the green beer!

As for me, I will be celebrating with Guiness and Powers whiskey (the single pot stuff, very nice). And listening to great music like this:

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Will You Have Green Poop on St. Patrick's Day? Empty Re: Will You Have Green Poop on St. Patrick's Day?

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:56 am

Oh, and a lovely dart tournament -- haven't thrown in years, I'm going to suck!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:57 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Oh, and a lovely dart tournament -- haven't thrown in years, I'm going to suck!

Guiness, whiskey, darts???!!!! Has this been risk assessed???? Will You Have Green Poop on St. Patrick's Day? Darts-048 affraid lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:59 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Oh, and a lovely dart tournament -- haven't thrown in years, I'm going to suck!

Guiness, whiskey, darts???!!!! Has this been risk assessed???? Will You Have Green Poop on St. Patrick's Day? Darts-048 affraid lol!

For years now! The only damage done was to my pride ...  ::D:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:10 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

For years now! The only damage done was to my pride ...  ::D:: 

Will You Have Green Poop on St. Patrick's Day? Whew18 Have a fantastic time Ben Will You Have Green Poop on St. Patrick's Day? More_b16x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down