NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Fails His Job Interview Immediately After A Trick Test At Reception

4 posters

Go down

Man Fails His Job Interview Immediately After A Trick Test At Reception Empty Man Fails His Job Interview Immediately After A Trick Test At Reception

Post by eddie Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:01 pm

No matter how many job interviews you’ve had in your life, it doesn’t make them any less nerve-wracking. Every job search starts from a blank page where the first impression (and the last) can make it or break it. No wonder a whopping 93% of job seekers have experienced great anxiety related to job interviews, according to a recent JDP survey.

But according to one Reddit user who posted on r/LifeProTips, no one should forget that an “interview starts immediately” once you set your foot in the door.

In a viral post that amassed 45.1k upvotes and 2.4k comments, the redditor recounted how a candidate “blew his interview in the first 5 minutes after he entered the building.” And the story is absolutely illuminating. Let’s read the full incident down below, which should give you a lot to think about before you take a shot at your next job interview.

A person shared an incident of a candidate blowing his job interview in the first 5 minutes after he entered the building

Man Fails His Job Interview Immediately After A Trick Test At Reception 4d7c3910
Man Fails His Job Interview Immediately After A Trick Test At Reception Bb1ef810
Man Fails His Job Interview Immediately After A Trick Test At Reception 0ad88510
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Man Fails His Job Interview Immediately After A Trick Test At Reception Empty Re: Man Fails His Job Interview Immediately After A Trick Test At Reception

Post by eddie Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:04 pm

Man Fails His Job Interview Immediately After A Trick Test At Reception 4ca7c910
Man Fails His Job Interview Immediately After A Trick Test At Reception Ed90b410
Man Fails His Job Interview Immediately After A Trick Test At Reception 253d4d10
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Man Fails His Job Interview Immediately After A Trick Test At Reception Empty Re: Man Fails His Job Interview Immediately After A Trick Test At Reception

Post by eddie Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:07 pm

Man Fails His Job Interview Immediately After A Trick Test At Reception 5244c010

To find out what a coach in job interviews had to say about this incident, Bored Panda reached out to Dawn Moss, the founder of “Your Interview Coach” who has been helping both candidates and hiring managers through the recruitment and selection process since 2013. Dawn said that in her 12 years of experience as an in-house recruiter, she has never set up a “trick test” like this one. However, “I’ve rejected candidates because of their behavior towards people during the interview process.”

https://faidcv.com/man-fails-his/

Surely this guy is stupid? Everyone knows that the minute you step through the door, your interview has started!
He deserved to not be considered.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:14 pm

Some people really do think they're better than others. I remember when there was a big debate about raising the minimum wage in the U.S., and there were people on social media actually saying that they were offended by the idea of paying people who work at fast food places and grocery stores more than they were making, because they didn't think such workers were that valuable.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:30 pm

This reminds me of a time when I was working as the PA to the HR Director.   It was my job to interview people if they came for a job.   As my desk was in reception, the woman who came for an interview for a vacancy presumed I was just a bog standard secretary.  I handed her a form to fill in then took it from her and had a glance through prior to interviewing her.   She said, in a very loud snotty voice in front of everyone, "That's private and confidential, you know!   I don't want you reading it."  

The look on her face as I led her to the interview room was a picture.  She didn't get the job.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie, Tommy Monk and gelico like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:19 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:This reminds me of a time when I was working as the PA to the HR  Director.   It was my job to interview people if they came for a job.   As my desk was in reception, the woman who came for an interview for a vacancy presumed I was just a bog standard secretary.  I handed her a form to fill in then took it from her and had a glance through prior to interviewing her.   She said, in a very loud snotty voice in front of everyone, "That's private and confidential, you know!   I don't want you reading it."  

The look on her face as I led her to the interview room was a picture.  She didn't get the job.

Hahahahaha nice one! What a bitch! I don’t treat anyone within a company as less than. Good for you Horatio.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:45 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:This reminds me of a time when I was working as the PA to the HR  Director.   It was my job to interview people if they came for a job.   As my desk was in reception, the woman who came for an interview for a vacancy presumed I was just a bog standard secretary.  I handed her a form to fill in then took it from her and had a glance through prior to interviewing her.   She said, in a very loud snotty voice in front of everyone, "That's private and confidential, you know!   I don't want you reading it."  

glorious HT

so i'm guessing the only reason you led her to the interview room was for the fun of seeing her squirm

did she say anything during the interview\/

lol!

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down