NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dianne Abbot blames her bad reception on 'Question Time' is once more down to racism.

+5
eddie
Vintage
Eilzel
nicko
Syl
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dianne Abbot blames her bad reception on 'Question Time' is once more down to racism. Empty Dianne Abbot blames her bad reception on 'Question Time' is once more down to racism.

Post by Syl Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:02 pm

Could it not be that she talks tripe most of the time, and is generally disliked because of her own views and attitude rather than her skin colour?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/columnists/the-way-i-was-treated-on-question-time-was-a-disgrace-–-since-dimbleby-left-it’s-turning-into-a-political-version-of-jeremy-kyle/ar-BBStazX?ocid=spartanntp

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/bbc-hit-back-as-diane-abbott-accuses-them-of-legitimising-racial-abuse-after-question-time-a4043586.html
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Dianne Abbot blames her bad reception on 'Question Time' is once more down to racism. Empty Re: Dianne Abbot blames her bad reception on 'Question Time' is once more down to racism.

Post by nicko Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:10 pm

Since Dimbleby left things have been more equal !
With him it was always more Remainers than Leavers !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Dianne Abbot blames her bad reception on 'Question Time' is once more down to racism. Empty Re: Dianne Abbot blames her bad reception on 'Question Time' is once more down to racism.

Post by Eilzel Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:18 pm

She's a complete plank. And the biggest liability of an increasingly dire looking Labour front bench.

At despair at the options we have in British politics right now Rolling Eyes
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:24 pm

Being a lifelong Labour supporter I now have no one to vote for...I will be damned if I ever vote Conservative but wild horses wouldn't get me to vote Labour with this present shower in control.
No mans land is where a lot of voters seem to be finding themselves now.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:42 pm

Syl wrote:Being a lifelong Labour supporter I now have no one to vote for...I will be damned if I ever vote Conservative but wild horses wouldn't get me to vote Labour with this present shower in control.

After the farsical attempts at forcing an election (at the worse possible time) and Corbyn's stubborn refusal to negotiate with government, I'm through with them too. Though I'd previously been a Liberal, not much going on there either these days.

Hopefully, once Brexit is resolved (whichever way) the current front benches will fizzle out and new blood will bring some sense and decency back. And some bloody character too Laughing
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:54 pm

I couldn't agree more there is nothing to choose from, I don't feel I can vote Conservative, unless the candidate was proven to think more of their constituency than keeping the party in power, I have never voted Labour because around here anything with a red rossette pinned to it would be elected no questions asked. So I've never really had anywhere to go, I am neither particularly right wing or left wing it depends on the subject.
This Conservative government are pretty useless as far as I can see but the thought of Corbyn and Abbott in power frankly makes me panic.
As for her colour I couldn't care less it doesn't alter the fact that she is an arrogant buffoon.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:53 pm

+1
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:09 pm

I make no apologies for being a leaver, I voted for joining the EEC only for better trading prospects. I did NOT vote for joining a Common Market Club whose leaders have total control over OUR country . Leaders who were elected not by a European wide vote, but by faceless , "behind the scenes" people. I am English, and enough English lie in Foreign Fields, who fought to keep our country free from invaders to have spit in their faces by some Remainers. Don't know if that makes sense , but it does to me !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:12 pm

Diane Abbott has always been a twat. She should just fuck off and eat more pies.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:28 pm

What is so frustrating is if you take Corbyn and Abbot out of the equation (and party), there are a host of quality Labour MP's who have the potential to form a strong cabinet (or coiltion).
Sir Kier Starmer ,Yvette Cooper, Tom Watson, Emily Thornbury, Dan Jarvis, Frank Field, Ed Miliband (and David would be a good addition), Hilary Benn, Stephen Kinnock.
It's a pity the membership cannot act and do the right thing.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:14 pm

Get rid of those two and I might consider it next time, except there's the anti-Semitism and the resounding echoes of Blair and his changing the face of the nation antics.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:29 pm

I watched that QT programme. Every time she opened her mouth, she put her foot in it. Labour must be squirming with her on side.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:42 pm

Quality MP'S, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:39 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Syl wrote:Being a lifelong Labour supporter I now have no one to vote for...I will be damned if I ever vote Conservative but wild horses wouldn't get me to vote Labour with this present shower in control.

After the farsical attempts at forcing an election (at the worse possible time) and Corbyn's stubborn refusal to negotiate with government, I'm through with them too. Though I'd previously been a Liberal, not much going on there either these days.

Hopefully, once Brexit is resolved (whichever way) the current front benches will fizzle out and new blood will bring some sense and decency back. And some bloody character too Laughing

I always thought you were a libdem guy les

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:44 pm

The only time I ever voted Lib/dem...and that was because Labour was useless...(though in comparison to today they were fabulous) they went into coalition with the bleeding Tories....never again.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:14 am

gelico wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

I was, until after the 2015 election and Clegg's departure, that's why I said I'd previously been a liberal. Once Farron took over and the Liberals became a one or two policy opportunist party they lost credibility to me. I believe they were unfairly maligned for their role in the Coalition (to me they brought balance to the austerity agenda) but post Clegg they seemed to lose direction.

So I shifted to Labour under Corbyn, someone I happen to agree with on many things and who at least has convictions. But he has proven a bad judge of character where his front bench as concerned, an opportunist and at times a coward.

So I'm all out now. In England Caroline Lucas is my preferred leader of them all but the Greens aren't viable...
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:45 am

HoratioTarr wrote:I watched that QT programme.   Every time she opened her mouth, she put her foot in it.  Labour must be squirming with her on side.

I just watched the full programme.
She had as much say as most of the panel and a lot more air time than the other two women.
She was interupted because she simply cannot answer any question put to her, it seems like her mind cant focus properly, she talks so slowly, stops then starts, and all this she does by seemingly talking down to everyone.
She is a total embarrassment.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:56 am

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:I watched that QT programme.   Every time she opened her mouth, she put her foot in it.  Labour must be squirming with her on side.

She had as much say as most of the panel and a lot more air time than the other two women.
She was interupted because she simply cannot answer any question put to her, it seems like her mind cant focus properly, she talks so slowly, stops then starts, and all this she does by seemingly talking down to everyone.

You'd think she'd have learned humility after last year's humiliation over the cost of new police officers. Probably unrealistic expectation of her but still.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:03 am

Eilzel wrote:
Syl wrote:

You'd think she'd have learned humility after last year's humiliation over the cost of new police officers. Probably unrealistic expectation of her but still.

I just watched a video of that huge faux pas Razz I'm on the tablet so cant post it.....but it was toe curling.
She actually made a huge mess up first on LBC radio programme then again on live TV.
Surely anyone with a brain, after making such a public cock up would not be caught out twice.
She simply doesn't know her job.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:23 am

Syl wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

I just watched a video of that huge faux pas Razz I'm on the tablet so cant post it.....but it was toe curling.
She actually made a huge mess up first on LBC radio programme then again on live TV.
Surely anyone with a brain, after making such a public cock up would not be caught out twice.

That woman is always willing to play the race card to cover up her own blindingly obvious inadequacies, yet she was ready to demonstrate her own overtly racist views against white women when she defended being caught out sending her son to a fee paying public school - having long been a vociferous opponent of independent education - by pompously declaring that "a black mother will always go to the wall for her children."
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:11 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Syl wrote:

That woman is always willing to play the race card to cover up her own blindingly obvious inadequacies, yet she was ready to demonstrate her own overtly racist views against white women when she defended being caught out sending her son to a fee paying public school - having long been a vociferous opponent of independent education - by pompously declaring that "a black mother will always go to the wall for her children."

Did you see the interview with Andrew Neil (who is brilliant imo)  when he repeatedly asked her what she meant by that, and she repeatedly refused to answer?
Question is asked 132 seconds in, but the whole interview is worth watching. Razz

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:00 pm

Syl wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Oh dear. Evil or Very Mad

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:10 pm

Syl wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Did you see the interview with Andrew Neil (who is brilliant imo)  when he repeatedly asked her what she meant by that, and she repeatedly refused to answer?
Question is asked 132 seconds in, but the whole interview is worth watching.  Razz

She even appears to have persuaded fellow interviewee Michael Portillo that life just ain't worth living any more!

The sad thing is that as a very young MP she was full of promise and potentially a great role model for aspiring female politicians.

Perhaps going on that motor cycle holiday with Jeremy Corbyn, and assuring for herself a future senior shadow cabinet role by letting him screw her was a decision that will have very, very serious implications for all of us, particularly where policing and crime is involved, if the old unreconstituted Marxist should ever get his grubby paws on the keys to No. 10.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:23 pm

Perhaps Ms Bruce needs to Fact check a little more before agreeing with the Mail's Conservative stooge Oakshitte.
Here the Beeb admits it was wrong.
BBC admits it was wrong over Diane Abbott's treatment on Question Time

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/bbc-apologises-diane-abbott-after-13885174#ICID=Android_TMNewsApp_AppShare
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:39 pm

Andy wrote:Perhaps Ms Bruce needs to Fact check a little more before agreeing with the Mail's Conservative stooge Oakshitte.
Here the Beeb admits it was wrong.
BBC admits it was wrong over Diane Abbott's treatment on Question Time

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/bbc-apologises-diane-abbott-after-13885174#ICID=Android_TMNewsApp_AppShare

The BBC have denied that anything derogatory was said about Abbot during the warm up.
I watched the programme from start to finish, she was treated fairly, she was interupted because she was talking rubbish most of the time, as per....but she certainly didn't suffer any racist or sexist remarks.
Whether Fiona Bruce was right to agree with the other panalist that Labour are still trailing in the polls, well that depends on which poll you believe, but apart from that, Fiona Bruce did a good job in allowing her to speak (she had twice as much air time as the other two female panalists) and shutting her up when her mind wandered off on a tangent, which it seems to do on everytime she opens her mouth.

Abbott always puts any criticism she recieves down to the fact that she is black.....it's called playing the race card, and from her past comments, dating back decades, it seems she is no stranger to throwing racist remarks around herself.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:42 pm

I used to watch her, years ago, on some political talk show with another MP (he’s in that video above but his name totally escapes me!)...anyway, she was a dumbass then.

She really isn’t that bright.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:48 pm

eddie wrote:I used to watch her, years ago,  on some political talk show with another MP (he’s in that video above but his name totally escapes me!)...anyway, she was a dumbass then.

oh, i see you've finally surfaced,,,,,,

where's hubby then? worn out?

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:52 pm

gelico wrote:
eddie wrote:I used to watch her, years ago,  on some political talk show with another MP (he’s in that video above but his name totally escapes me!)...anyway, she was a dumbass then.

oh, i see you've finally surfaced,,,,,,

where's hubby then?  worn out?

Cool

Hahahahaha he’s sitting opposite me typing some shite...I dunno...I just had to comment on this Diane Abbott thread. She irritates the fuck out of me.

And no, he never wears out Razz

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:55 am

Eilzel wrote:
gelico wrote:

I was, until after the 2015 election and Clegg's departure, that's why I said I'd previously been a liberal. Once Farron took over and the Liberals became a one or two policy opportunist party they lost credibility to me. I believe they were unfairly maligned for their role in the Coalition (to me they brought balance to the austerity agenda) but post Clegg they seemed to lose direction.

So I shifted to Labour under Corbyn, someone I happen to agree with on many things and who at least has convictions. But he has proven a bad judge of character where his front bench as concerned, an opportunist and at times a coward.

So I'm all out now. In England Caroline Lucas is my preferred leader of them all but the Greens aren't viable...

I thought that's how it was

I always had a soft spot for Nick Clegg tbh. He just seemed the sort of bloke you'd be happy to have as a neighbour. Nice and all. Also he was the only one willing and to have the balls to take on Farage. Always respected him for that but I think they hoped for more than they could achieve with the coalition and the public kind of lost faith.

BUT surely the remainers will flock back to them now no?

after all Diane Abbot keeps banging on about a second referendum but corbyn has ruled it out. Corbyn doesn't even like the EU so no on e knows what their position is it seems. for those who want to remain surely Dems are the only option

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:48 pm

gelico wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
gelico wrote:

I thought that's how it was

I always had a soft spot for Nick Clegg tbh.  He just seemed the sort of bloke you'd be happy to have as a neighbour.  Nice and all.  Also he was the only one willing and to have the balls to take on Farage.  Always respected him for that but I think they hoped for more than they could achieve with the coalition and the public kind of lost faith.

BUT surely the remainers will flock back to them now no?

after all Diane Abbot keeps banging on about  a second referendum but corbyn has ruled it out.  Corbyn doesn't even like the EU so no on e knows what their position is it seems.  for those who want to remain surely Dems are the only option

They are the best option right now but honestly they just seem opportunist too at the moment, rather than having any consistent policy on anything other than Remaining.

Since there isn't to be an election till 2022 anyway I have no 'side' in this. I'm just hoping it gets resolved and would prefer a second referendum though as of right now I have no idea what's going to happen.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:50 pm

Labour have request as yet unseen of footage from the pre show audience warm up.
Several members of the audience have highlighted they they were encourage to jeer at Abbott and pour scorn and laugh at her.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:58 pm

Andy wrote:Labour have request as yet unseen of footage from the pre show audience warm up.
Several members of the audience have highlighted they they were encourage to jeer at Abbott and pour scorn and laugh at her.

And others who were there said no such thing happened, she was heckled (a bit. not much compared to many others who have appeared on QT) because of her very poor performance.
Dont forget Ms Abbott is an old hand at blaming everyone and everything else when she is criticised.

IF there is proof any audience members were encouraged by the BBC to jeer her they should face the consequences. They are supposed to be impartial in political debates like this.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:17 pm

If the BBC have nothing to hide, they could easily release the warm up video.
QT has a new editor - O'Neill, who wanted to bring 'fireworks to the show.
I guess that includes inciting the audience to road, bait, scorn or ridicule specific panellists.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:34 pm

The BBC would NEVER encourage people to laugh at a Labour Politician , People don't need encouragement Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:37 pm

Andy wrote:If the BBC have nothing to hide, they could easily release the warm up video.
QT has a new editor - O'Neill, who wanted to bring 'fireworks to the show.
I guess that includes inciting the audience to road, bait, scorn or ridicule specific panellists.

Yeah but blah blah, she’s still a twat.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:19 pm

I don't disagree hat she is an objectionable twat, but it doesn't matter who is on the panel, left, right, black, white ,gay of straight, it is simply wrong for the new Editor, O'Neill to say she plans to get the carefully selected audience to goad, ridicule and insult certain panellists to make the show livelier.
It will a) turn into a Fox type show b) panellists will decline invites and c) viewing figures will fall.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:29 pm

Andy wrote:I don't disagree hat she is an objectionable twat, but it doesn't matter who is on the panel, left, right, black, white ,gay of straight, it is simply wrong for the new Editor, O'Neill to say she plans to get the carefully selected audience to goad, ridicule and insult certain panellists to make the show livelier.
It will a) turn into a Fox type show b) panellists will decline invites and c) viewing figures will fall.

ah, but will they though

maybe folk are sick of listening to lifeless bleating robots and want it livened up a bit

if the viewings go up they will keep the format

Last edited by gelico on Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:39 pm

Previously , every show, 1 leaver 3 remainers,Might stop being so one sided now.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:53 am

Last night, torygirl Bruce admitted she was wrong.

She had no choice but to make this admission.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-46996475/question-time-fiona-bruce-happy-to-clarify-polls-remarks
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:07 am

You'd shag Abbot if you had the chance, then you could brag "i'v been close to our great leader" !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:09 am

The frightening thing is her constituents see her on TV, yet still vote for her Shocked
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:10 pm

Andy wrote:Last night, torygirl Bruce admitted she was wrong.

She had no choice but to make this admission.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-46996475/question-time-fiona-bruce-happy-to-clarify-polls-remarks

The BBC had already mad that statement the day after QT was aired. Rolling Eyes

Abbott seems intent on sticking the boot into Fiona Bruce, likening QT now to the Jeremy Kyle show, comparing the new presenter to Dimbleby, saying she much prefers to be interviewed by the likes of him and Andre Neil, even though both have shown her up to be the idiot she is the past....seems Ms Abbott has a very short memory. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:11 pm

nicko wrote:You'd shag Abbot if you had the chance,   then you could brag "i'v been close to our great leader" !

Eeeew….the very thought. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:40 pm

Eilzel wrote:The frightening thing is her constituents see her on TV, yet still vote for her Shocked

Lez, let's face it if Pepper Pig stood for election in Hackney North and Stoke Newington wearing a red rosette, she'd romp home with a huge majority.

It's a situation that can occur with any political party in some parts of the country - Little Noddy as a Tory candidate would win massively in my area.

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:06 pm

We need a new system of voting. If possible one where voters have to think about who they vote for and why.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:10 pm

Vintage wrote:We need a new system of voting. If possible one where voters have to think about who they vote for and why.

But that's making the assumption that all voters can think. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:10 pm

Vintage wrote:We need a new system of voting. If possible one where voters have to think about who they vote for and why.

But that's making the assumption that all voters can think. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:25 pm

Good point, Syl,

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:41 pm

Vintage wrote:Good point, Syl,
Thank you.  Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:15 pm

I'm not sure Diane Abbott is human, I think she's an early version of an A. I.
robot, unfortunately the wiring is crossed and the chip is chipped.
Its the same action all the time, the eyes roll up to look at the ceiling the mouth opens and there's a delay in vocalisation while the circuits click and clack,

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next