NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Stop Selling Yourself Short': Woman's Recovery Photo Goes Viral

3 posters

Go down

'Stop Selling Yourself Short': Woman's Recovery Photo Goes Viral Empty 'Stop Selling Yourself Short': Woman's Recovery Photo Goes Viral

Post by Didgee Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:49 pm

An Ohio woman's before-and-after recovery photo has been shared by thousands on Facebook, proving there is always time to change your path.

"How about that for motivation? I honestly thought I'd die on a park bench with a needle in my arm or by gunshot to the head. I would've never in a million years thought my life would look the way it does today," Ginny Burton captioned her photo.

'Stop Selling Yourself Short': Woman's Recovery Photo Goes Viral 2qkmq-woman-shares-recovery-photo

At six years old, Burton says she was introduced to marijuana by her mother. At the age of 12, she says she got into methamphetamine and cocaine. By 14, she was smoking crack and getting blackout drunk.

She was in and out of juvenile hall. She was incarcerated three times. It was a vicious cycle until eight years ago.

"If you would have told me that my life would look like it does today eight and a half years ago, I would have called you a liar," Burton told 10TV.

Next week, Burton will graduate with a bachelor's degree in political science.

Her post has been shared by thousands of people and has reached as far out as the Middle East, Switzerland and Spain.

"Stop selling yourself short. You don't know what tomorrow might bring so you might consider starting today," she said.

https://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news/4285/-039-Stop-Selling-Yourself-Short-039-Woman-039-s-Recovery-Photo-Goes-Viral

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

'Stop Selling Yourself Short': Woman's Recovery Photo Goes Viral Empty Re: 'Stop Selling Yourself Short': Woman's Recovery Photo Goes Viral

Post by Maddog Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:54 pm

It definitely can be done.

That poor woman had a terrible start to life. Sounds like she was basically raised as a feral human.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

'Stop Selling Yourself Short': Woman's Recovery Photo Goes Viral Empty Re: 'Stop Selling Yourself Short': Woman's Recovery Photo Goes Viral

Post by Didgee Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:56 pm

Maddog wrote:It definitely can be done.  

That poor woman had a terrible start to life.  Sounds like she was basically raised as a feral human.  

Indeed mate, seems like she had the worst upbringing

Well done for turning her life around

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:59 pm

Good for her! What a lovely ending to her terrible beginning. I truly hope she continues to live a full and healthy life.

Lovely story Didge.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:01 pm

eddie wrote:Good for her! What a lovely ending to her terrible beginning. I truly hope she continues to live a full and healthy life.

Lovely story Didge.

Thanks Eddie, its always wonderful to see people turn their life around

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down