NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“Bi-sexual” - is it just a fashion statement nowadays?

+3
Syl
Ben Reilly
eddie
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

“Bi-sexual” - is it just a fashion statement nowadays? Empty “Bi-sexual” - is it just a fashion statement nowadays?

Post by eddie Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:17 pm

I ask this because at my place of employment, we hire a lot of college students who want to make extra money whilst at the same college. They’re all about seventeen years old. It’s only the girls who claim to be bisexual. There are seven of them and only one is a lesbian, the others claim to be bisexual. What are the odds that every one of them, all college friends, are actually, truly, bisexual?

I got to wondering why all of them are bisexual. Is it a fashion statement? Is it trendy to be bisexual now, somehow exotic?

I did a little google “Why do so many young people say they’re bisexual?”

Here’s what I found:

According to recent figures from the Office for National Statistics, the number of British people defining themselves as bisexual has risen 45 per cent in just three years.

This alleged increase is most notable in the young — for the first time, more 16 to 24-year-olds describe themselves as bisexual than those who say they are gay or lesbian combined. A survey by YouGov last year found that half of young people declared themselves as something other than 100 per cent heterosexual.
source - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3891842/Why-young-people-say-bisexual-Honest-Confused-Influenced-celebrities-talk-three-youngsters-somewhat-bemused-parents.html

I’m aware that it’s now far more tolerable and perhaps that’s the reason for young people to feel more able to express themselves...but...figures up by 45%?

What are your thoughts?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

“Bi-sexual” - is it just a fashion statement nowadays? Empty Re: “Bi-sexual” - is it just a fashion statement nowadays?

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:21 pm

I think if it's a mainly-girls trend, that says a lot more about what girls of that age think guys like than it does about anything else.

I guess the first question to answer would be, "Are they lying?" But I can see one big reason they'd lie, and that's because they think guys would find that sexy.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

eddie and gelico like this post

Back to top Go down

“Bi-sexual” - is it just a fashion statement nowadays? Empty Re: “Bi-sexual” - is it just a fashion statement nowadays?

Post by eddie Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:23 pm

I think you’re right. I also think it’s on trend.

It actually makes a mockery of everything gay pride stands for tbh.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:41 pm

I wonder what % have actually been in a sexual relationship with both men and women?
Maybe some just like the idea of it so claim they are.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:03 pm

Syl wrote:I wonder what % have actually been in a sexual relationship with both men and women?

That’s what I think. It just seems to be fashionable. I know the girls at work haven’t been with other girls because I asked them outright.
Two of them said I was a MILF. “Bi-sexual” - is it just a fashion statement nowadays? 3489511464
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:06 pm

I think the source article might say this, or maybe I saw it somewhere else, but there's an idea that young women find other women more emotionally open, and they might be confusing that emotional satisfaction with romantic love.

The 18-year-old in the source article says she feels sexual feelings for men, but "romantic" feelings for women. I think that could be an example of this confusion of feelings.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

eddie and gelico like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:10 pm

I think a lot of "bisexual" women will have a romp with another female, but not a real relationship. Women have always appreciated other women more then men, other men.

It seems like the handful of bisexual females I know, wind up with a man for a serious relationship.

I don't currently know any bisexual (or gay for that matter) men.

I've never known a bisexual man. Not one that could switch back and forth between partners of a different sex.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:20 pm

I agree with you about women being more agreeable to having a romp but my main point is that among young girls these days, they all say they’re bisexual.

I don’t buy it. I think they they believe it makes them somehow exotic.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:34 pm

eddie wrote:I agree with you about women being more agreeable to having a romp but my main point is that among young girls these days, they all say they’re bisexual.

I don’t buy it. I think they they believe it makes them somehow exotic.

Exotic or progressive.

Or maybe just rebellious.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:59 pm

We also have to remember we're talking about young people from a certain part of the world in this discussion. I highly doubt youngsters are saying they're bi to sound more exotic in, say, Syria, or Utah.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:01 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:I wonder what % have actually been in a sexual relationship with both men and women?

That’s what I think. It just seems to be fashionable. I know the girls at work haven’t been with other girls because I asked them outright.
Two of them said I was a MILF. “Bi-sexual” - is it just a fashion statement nowadays? 3489511464

I love you
A nice thing to say....it's flattering to be fancied by females, they usually have good taste when it comes to other women.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:10 am

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:

I love you
A nice thing to say....it's flattering to be fancied by females, they usually have good taste when it comes to other women.

I’ve often, throughout my life, been hit on by women. I think it may be because I’m quite feminine, But I don’t know really
I had a little liaison with another girl when I was fifteen. We were both living in a children’s home at the time, (long story, I kept running away from home and was placed there for a while), but it didn’t go further than a little exploration.
I never thought of myself as bisexual because I knew I was into males.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:15 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

I love you

I’ve often, throughout my life, been hit on by women. I think it may be because I’m quite feminine, But I don’t know really
I had a little liaison with another girl when I was fifteen. We were both living in a children’s home at the time, (long story, I kept running away from home and was placed there for a while), but it didn’t go further than a little exploration.

You are a surprising woman....do you know that?

I can only remember one woman who was obviously attracted to me. She was a well known club artist in town, very butch and very loud.
She said i was wasted on men. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:18 am

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

I love you

I can only remember one woman who was obviously attracted to me. She was a well known club artist in town, very butch and very loud.

Hahahahahahahaha...Surprising how?

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:26 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Well in one post alone you casually say you are a lesbian magnet and you have been in a childrens home.
You should write a book.......oh wait... Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:27 am

Ben Reilly wrote:I think the source article might say this, or maybe I saw it somewhere else, but there's an idea that young women find other women more emotionally open, and they might be confusing that emotional satisfaction with romantic love.

The 18-year-old in the source article says she feels sexual feelings for men, but "romantic" feelings for women. I think that could be an example of this confusion of feelings.

agreed, especially with an 18 year old

at that age you are less likely to be aware of the many facets of love

sexual attraction to men is a pointer that she is straight

but the ''romantic'' feelings towards women are probably more along the lines of feeling relaxed, being open, being yourself, friendship, empathy, closeness etc which many woman feel towards each other without any sexual connection

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:28 am

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:

Well in one post alone you casually say you are a lesbian magnet and you have been in a childrens home.

edds is a hot chick rebel

cheers

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:46 am

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:

edds is a hot chick rebel

cheers

Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:50 am

In my next life I’m going to marry Syl and fuck Gels on the side. Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:56 am

eddie wrote:In my next life I’m going to marry Syl and fuck Gels on the side. Cool

It wont work, I dont put up with infidelity. snobby
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:58 am

Eddie does this all the time. Just today we were sitting with friends in a pub garden and she told a very close friend who she's known for at least five years that she went to college and got performing arts qualifications, and was in a theatrical production.

The friend was utterly gobsmacked, while I've gotten a bit used to it, having more experience ... it still is a bit weird, being married to someone you're still learning new things about, though. Most people would talk about themselves all the time if they'd had half the experiences eddie's had, but her? Nope. And it's not like you have to pry it out of her, it just comes up when it does.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

eddie, Syl and gelico like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:08 am

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:In my next life I’m going to marry Syl and fuck Gels on the side. Cool

It wont work, I dont put up with infidelity. snobby

what if it's just a one off

it's only proper infidelity if you back for seconds

“Bi-sexual” - is it just a fashion statement nowadays? 1f607

gelico
Forum Detective

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:14 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Eddie does this all the time. Just today we were sitting with friends in a pub garden and she told a very close friend who she's known for at least five years that she went to college and got performing arts qualifications, and was in a theatrical production.

The friend was utterly gobsmacked, while I've gotten a bit used to it, having more experience ... it still is a bit weird, being married to someone you're still learning new things about, though. Most people would talk about themselves all the time if they'd had half the experiences eddie's had, but her? Nope. And it's not like you have to pry it out of her, it just comes up when it does.

One day I’ll tell you all about my sex change from a burly man to a woman. Cool
eddie
eddie

Ben Reilly and gelico like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:16 am

eddie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Eddie does this all the time. Just today we were sitting with friends in a pub garden and she told a very close friend who she's known for at least five years that she went to college and got performing arts qualifications, and was in a theatrical production.

If you used to be burly then they must have shortened all your bones, too Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:22 am

eddie wrote:

FFS! Eddie

“Bi-sexual” - is it just a fashion statement nowadays? 3489511464 “Bi-sexual” - is it just a fashion statement nowadays? 3489511464

gelico
Forum Detective

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:19 am

I'm buy-sexual... I always have to pay for it...

Laughing

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie and Maddog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:25 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Laughing

We all do.

One way or another..
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:04 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Laughing

shades of nicko x

lol! lol!

gelico
Forum Detective

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:28 pm

Maddog wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Laughing

We all do.  

One way or another..

That's such a cynical way of looking at relationships. Evil or Very Mad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:32 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

We all do.  

One way or another..

Aren't they all a bit of give and take?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:55 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Of course, but that isn't what you said.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:58 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Wouldn't the giving part be a form of payment? Something of value?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:01 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Nope...not the way I see it anyway.
You give you don't sell, you take you don't buy = give and take.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:04 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Nope...not the way I see it anyway.
You give you don't sell, you take you don't buy = give and take.

You exchange things of value, to the betterment of each party.

Until one party decides there is not enough value in the exchanges any more, and looks for a new "exchanger". Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:06 pm

Or a sports car. Shocked
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

gelico likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:08 pm

Once you start bartering, as in ...I will have sex with you when you buy me that trinket....or, I will buy you that trinket when you let me go out with my mates...and come in at 3am looking guilty...you may as well call it a day. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:41 pm

Syl wrote:Once you start bartering, as in ...I will have sex with you when you buy me that trinket....or, I will buy you that trinket when you let me go out with my mates...and come in at 3am looking guilty...you may as well call it a day. Wink

Some conditions are implied, not expressed.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:51 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:Once you start bartering, as in ...I will have sex with you when you buy me that trinket....or, I will buy you that trinket when you let me go out with my mates...and come in at 3am looking guilty...you may as well call it a day. Wink

Makes no difference, many things are implied not expressed, they still boil down to the same thing.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:38 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Makes no difference, many things are implied not expressed, they still boil down to the same thing.

That's where "one way or another" comes in.

Relationships require work.

Income requires work.

You can put effort into your relationship or put that effort into work that can purchase you a relationship.

I wasn't really suggesting that we negotiate a price for a certain amount of sex, but that effort is a form of payment. Without that effort, we probably won't have much of a relationship.

When someone says "invest in your marriage" it's not an accounting process.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:33 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Income requires work.

You can put effort into your relationship or put that effort into work that can purchase you a relationship.

I wasn't really suggesting that we negotiate a price for a certain amount of sex, but that effort is a form of payment. Without that effort, we probably won't have much of a relationship.  

You did actually say (maybe jokingly)  that we all pay for sex 'one way or another'.

That's what I don't go along with. Yes we have to put effort into marriage to make it work, but it's a lot different to a business arrangement.
Sometimes one person seems to do a lot more giving than taking, then it may reverse, no relationship is without it's up's and downs.
Whether you stick with it and wait for the good times to come back, or whether you trade one in for a newer model, (or a sports car)  depends on how much you have 'invested' I suppose.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:46 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Income requires work.

You did actually say (maybe jokingly)  that we all pay for sex 'one way or another'.

That's what I don't go along with. Yes we have to put effort into marriage to make it work, but it's a lot different to a business arrangement.
Sometimes one person seems to do a lot more giving than taking, then it may reverse, no relationship is without it's up's and downs.
Whether you stick with it and wait for the good times to come back, or whether you trade one in for a newer model, (or a sports car)  depends on how much you have 'invested' I suppose.

Relationships require work and effort. I equate that with some form of payment. Doing something kind for another person is also a form of payment. A payment that may or may not be repaid with something of value. Perhaps that something of value is just a good feeling from giving something of value to another.

It's all economics to me in one sense or another. We exchange time and effort for things of value. Our behavior is modified by these exchanges.

While my comment was a bit flippant, it's something I agree with. Relationships, including sexual ones, generally require effort or work in exchange for them being successful.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:55 pm

Well we agree in principle, just not in payment.

For eg, the relationship you have with your daughters and I with my son, it's done with/for love, not for gain, be it economic or emotional, ....even though it probably does cost a fortune. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:56 pm

i get the effort/payment comparison

but men think about sex much more than women i think

they also sometimes see it as a kind of reward

“Bi-sexual” - is it just a fashion statement nowadays? 3489511464

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:57 pm

if you were against commitment and only ever had one night stands i suppose you could describe yourself as Hi/Bye sexual

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:01 pm

gelico wrote:

Yeah, I think that's what I reacted to....the attitude that ALL men pay for sex, be it in the form of dinner and drinks for a one night stand, or for the long haul in a relationship.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:07 pm

Syl wrote:Well we agree in principle, just not in payment.

For eg, the relationship you have with your daughters and I with my son, it's done with/for love, not for gain, be it economic or emotional, ....even though it probably does cost a fortune. Laughing

But my relationship with my daughters is better because I put in time and effort, which has value.

In my line of work (which is all about value) we have the concept of substitution.

What could I be doing or buying in exchange for what I'm currently doing or buying?

So everything we do has some cost and reward. In affairs of the heart, those values or figures can be difficult to measure, but they exist.

Here's another example. I was behind at work last week. On Saturday I really wanted to go ride my bike. But instead I spent about a half day at the office and made somewhere around 400 bucks. Using the theory of substitution, that bike ride had a value of $400, and if I had gone on it, one could say I paid $400 to do it.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:09 pm

gelico wrote:

It's because we value it. And as long as we do, we will modify our behavior to keep getting it.

Or be a whore dog and cheat.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:19 pm

Women enjoy sex too, but I have never known a woman to expect payment in sex, be it on or out of a long relationship.

Vive la Difference.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:30 pm

Syl wrote:Women enjoy sex too, but I have never known a woman to expect payment in sex, be it on or out of a long relationship.

Vive la Difference.

If you enjoy something, it has value to you.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:45 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:Women enjoy sex too, but I have never known a woman to expect payment in sex, be it on or out of a long relationship.

Vive la Difference.

If you enjoy something, it has value to you.  

Yes, but I would never think I have to earn it in any way.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next