NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our dear friend Sassy is very ill.

+10
Fred Moletrousers
gelico
Vintage
Andy
Original Quill
Syl
Maddog
Tommy Monk
Ben Reilly
eddie
14 posters

Go down

Our dear friend Sassy is very ill.  Empty Our dear friend Sassy is very ill.

Post by eddie Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:13 pm

Whether you fought with her or not, whether you agreed with her or not, she is gravely unwell with stage four lung and pancreatic cancer.
It is not curable.

I’ve been speaking with her and with her permission, I’ve let you all know now.

She says hi to everyone and sends her love.

Please leave her some words of encouragement in this tough time, whilst she’s fighting for her life.

As always, Sassy-style, she’s fighting and staying strong! She’s a fierce character and cancer won’t take her without a noise, I’m sure.

Let’s send her all,of our best wishes and love. X
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Our dear friend Sassy is very ill.  Empty Re: Our dear friend Sassy is very ill.

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:16 pm

I wish her all the strength in the world to fight this for as long as she can, and I bet she ends up doing a damn impressive job.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Our dear friend Sassy is very ill.  Empty Re: Our dear friend Sassy is very ill.

Post by eddie Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:18 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I wish her all the strength in the world to fight this for as long as she can, and I bet she ends up doing a damn impressive job.

Can you imagine sassy going anywhere quietly or without kicking butt?
She’s a fighter.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:50 pm

Any crossed swords here between posters when thrashing out a debate about news or politics or current affairs issues etc, really pales into insignificance when one of us has a real fight going on...

Then I'm 100% on your side!

Best wishes, peace and love!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Ben Reilly, eddie, Syl and LiamOgden like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:55 pm

Thank you Tommy. I will certainly pass that on.

And I agree...opinions pale into insignificance when something like this happens.

Your words are lovely.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:14 pm

Absolutely beautifully put, Tommy.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:24 pm

I only vaguely remember her from here, or somewhere else, but cancer sucks and I wish her all of the best in her battle.

Hopefully we can find a cure soon, to rid that planet of this obnoxious disease.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:32 pm

Sassy is a lovely lady, she was one of the first to welcome me on here when i first joined, she was always big hearted and open......I missed her when she left.

I am so sorry to hear the sad news.

I can only wish her love, luck  and the best of wishes for the time ahead.  I love you
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:57 pm

I will pass on your thoughts Syl, and Maddog.
eddie
eddie

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:38 am

Sassy is a monument around here. She is a real fighter. I'm sure cancer has a huge battle on its hands.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:05 am

Original Quill wrote:Sassy is a monument around here.  She is a real fighter.  I'm sure cancer has a huge battle on its hands.

I told her exactly that.

I’ll pass on your thoughts to her. Thank you Quill.
eddie
eddie

Original Quill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:22 am

This makes my heart bleed.
I have known Sassy for ever, it seems.
I knew she was really ill, she contacted me privately and asked me to pass the news to Eddie, which I did.
This is Sassy's biggest ever fight, one that I know she will be up for.
She has always fought for the underdog, fought injustice and fought corruption.
We fought hackinggate together, which ultimately  saw the virtual demise of that site.
We haven't always agreed -over Corbyn, for example, but we have always remained  great friends, agreeing to disagree.
If you read this Sass, stay strong, love you to bits, we are all rooting for you,and..... Kier is doing a decent job.
Thoughts and prayers are with you to the moon and back
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:03 pm

I don't know Sassy that well although I know she is a fighter so can I just say - fight on Sassy, my thoughts and best wishes are with you.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:38 pm

i like sassy, although we have definitely disagreed on s tuff over the years

she's one of the strongest posters i've known and also very stubborn (which is a massive plus when fighting illness)

she's also big hearted and genuinely cares about shit that's going on, she's never been one to just jump on a passing bandwagon, she stuck to her guns and i admire much about her.

not been in contact for some while but wishing nothing but the best

xxx

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:13 pm

Sassy and I rarely ever saw eye to eye, particularly on party politics. But all in the past pales into insignificance in the face of this sad, sad news.
You’re a fighter, Sassy, and I know you’ll fight like hell for every day and every hour with your loved ones, just as my own late wife battled with this scourge of the human race.
Please accept the love, best wishes and blessing of an old adversary and an old man.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:27 pm

I already sent a message to you via Andy, a few weeks ago.
You are in my thoughts sassy.
Much love, Jules. x

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:07 am

Sad

Sending you so much love lady xx
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:42 pm

Stay strong, Sassy.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:20 am

Sad to hear

In the old days Sassy and I used to get on very well and then later clashed over Israel and a number of other things politically.

Sassy has always stood her ground of which I respect and sending her best wishes

Keep up the fight Sassy and stay gold

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down