NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Schoolboy lashes his school for making the boys stand in front of the girls during assembly and 'apologise for rapes committed by their gender'

+9
eddie
Tommy Monk
JulesV
Original Quill
HoratioTarr
Syl
Maddog
gelico
Didgee
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Schoolboy lashes his school for making the boys stand in front of the girls during assembly and 'apologise for rapes committed by their gender' Empty Schoolboy lashes his school for making the boys stand in front of the girls during assembly and 'apologise for rapes committed by their gender'

Post by Didgee Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:22 am

Parents and male students were left 'mortified' after their school forced them to stand in assembly and apologise to their female classmates for sexual assaults committed by males.

Brauer College in the south-western Victorian town of Warrnambool held an assembly on Wednesday where boys were told to stand up in a symbolic gesture of apology to girls and women.

The move has since sparked outrage among parents of the school who say their children were made to feel ashamed about something they had no control over and didn't understand

Brauer College student Craig Daniels told the Today show the assembly was 'wrong' and should 'never have happened'.

'I wasn't in the assembly personally but I know people who were and it made them feel guilty for something they haven't done,' he said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9416195/Student-lash-Brauer-College-assembly-boys-apologise-female-peers.html

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Schoolboy lashes his school for making the boys stand in front of the girls during assembly and 'apologise for rapes committed by their gender' Empty Re: Schoolboy lashes his school for making the boys stand in front of the girls during assembly and 'apologise for rapes committed by their gender'

Post by gelico Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:21 am

so, did they make the girls line up and apologise to the boys for any female who had made a false claim?

gelico
Forum Detective

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Schoolboy lashes his school for making the boys stand in front of the girls during assembly and 'apologise for rapes committed by their gender' Empty Re: Schoolboy lashes his school for making the boys stand in front of the girls during assembly and 'apologise for rapes committed by their gender'

Post by Maddog Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:05 pm

This isn't enough.

They should have forced the boys to hand over some cash for thousands of years of oppression. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:30 pm

Oh dear. Crying or Very sad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:03 pm

It makes you want to puke. What a terrible thing to impose on boys like this. If this was my son, I'd be fucking raging.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:25 pm

Totally stupid...and non-productive. It accomplishes nothing.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:31 pm

I back this lad cos I'm biased anyway, cos my offspring is male. If some crazy lil bint tried to ruin my son's life with a bogus accusation of rape, I'd want to literally wring her neck!!  

Now if I had daughters instead, maybe I would have a different perspective on this story, and maybe empathise more with the schoolgirls involved.  

In any case the vast majority of sex abuse occurs in the home anyway, perpetrated by a close relative or family friend. Not by strangers. In isolated backwater towns in the Fjords of Finland, the definition of a virgin used to be  "a girl who can out-run her brother(s)".

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:20 pm

It's mass criminalization of an individual crime.  It's like when, in the face of affirmative action, one says: I didn't do it personally!  And they're right.  It’s the difference between a systemic problem, and an individual problem.

The mental state that leads to rape is a societal crime, not an individual crime.  When you hold up a group of individuals, as opposed to society, and make them represent and apologize for something they did not do personally, you've misplaced the problem.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:42 pm

Unbelievable lefty claptrap!

The teacher responsible for this should be sacked!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:04 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Unbelievable lefty claptrap!

It appears the whole school was involved. Maybe the principal, or the school board, should be sacked?

Opps...tread carefully. Might be some Conservatives on that school board, toms.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:10 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzeFVnR4YW4

Isaac is spot on.

This does not achieve anything

This was absolutely ridiculous

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:13 pm

JulesV wrote:I back this lad cos I'm biased anyway, cos my offspring is male. If some crazy lil bint tried to ruin my son's life with a bogus accusation of rape, I'd want to literally wring her neck!!  

Now if I had daughters instead, maybe I would have a different perspective on this story, and maybe empathise more with the schoolgirls involved.  

In any case the vast majority of sex abuse occurs in the home anyway, perpetrated by a close relative or family friend. Not by strangers. In isolated backwater towns in the Fjords of Finland, the definition of a virgin used to be  "a girl who can out-run her brother(s)".

I have 3 daughters.

It's stupid.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:39 pm

Maddog wrote:
JulesV wrote:I back this lad cos I'm biased anyway, cos my offspring is male. If some crazy lil bint tried to ruin my son's life with a bogus accusation of rape, I'd want to literally wring her neck!!  

I have 3 daughters.

It's stupid.

It's as stupid for the girls to hear as it is for the boys to say it.
Jesus, when my son was 12 I doubt he fully understood the implications of rape let alone apologise for it.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:40 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Unbelievable lefty claptrap!

It appears the whole school was involved. Maybe the principal, or the school board, should be sacked?

Opps...tread carefully. Might be some Conservatives on that school board, toms.

I don't care who or how many... Sack whoever thought this was a good idea because it clearly shows they have no place in a position of responsibility if they can make terrible decisions like this.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie and Syl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:23 pm

This is way beyond normal. It’s actually hideous to do this to a bunch of school kids.

Did they consult the parents?

As Horatio said in her post above, if that was my son in that assembly, I’d have gone absolutely ballistic over this.

The world is going fucking PC crazy.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:25 pm

eddie wrote:This is way beyond normal. It’s actually hideous to do this to a bunch of school kids.

As Horatio said in her post above, if that was my son in that assembly, I’d have gone absolutely ballistic over this.

Wait until the boys are asked to pay reparations.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:27 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:This is way beyond normal. It’s actually hideous to do this to a bunch of school kids.

Honestly, this sickens me. It’s the absolute idiocy of the person(s) who thought this was a good idea.
That’s what’s worrying
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:30 pm

I'd no sooner have a child of mine (of either gender) be taught that you can apologize on behalf of someone else than be taught to accept an apology made on someone else's behalf. It's unnatural and idiotic.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:33 pm

gelico wrote:

so, did they make the girls line up and apologise to the boys for any female who had made a false claim?

No, don’t be silly...there’s no hashtag movement going on about that, at the moment....
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:51 pm

eddie wrote:
gelico wrote:so, did they make the girls line up and apologise to the boys for any female who had made a false claim?

No, don’t be silly...there’s no hashtag movement going on about that, at the moment....

But gels makes a good point, by underscoring the absurdity of it all. You can't transfer the guilt of individual criminal action onto a group identity.

Btw, didge...I'm not Issac.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:20 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:
gelico wrote:so, did they make the girls line up and apologise to the boys for any female who had made a false claim?

But gels makes a good point, by underscoring the absurdity of it all.  You can't transfer the guilt of individual criminal action onto a group identity.

I was being sarcastic.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:22 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

But gels makes a good point, by underscoring the absurdity of it all.  You can't transfer the guilt of individual criminal action onto a group identity.

I was being sarcastic.

Good.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:25 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I was being sarcastic.

Good.

You couldn’t tell?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:32 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Good.

You couldn’t tell?

I said "Good". Do you want me to send flowers too? Schoolboy lashes his school for making the boys stand in front of the girls during assembly and 'apologise for rapes committed by their gender' 2190311264

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:09 am

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Honestly, this sickens me. It’s the absolute idiocy of the person(s) who thought this was a good idea.
That’s what’s worrying  

It's a daily occurrence now on this planet.

I blame southerners or libertarians for this nonsense. Rolling Eyes
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:23 am

It's social justice warriors who live in their echo chambers on social media and convince themselves that they are doing the right thing and that everyone else will not only understand but actually applaud them for doing these types of stupid things...

I think there are too many people like this in local authorities and councils and schools etc... And they have quite lost touch with reality and rational thought, but are just slaves to knee jerk reaction to whatever is the latest trending story in their bubble of bullshit on Facebook/Twitter etc...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Tommy Monk and Syl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:14 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:It's social justice warriors who live in their echo chambers on social media and convince themselves that they are doing the right thing and that everyone else will not only understand but actually applaud them for doing these types of stupid things...

Are you against social justice?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:26 pm

Surely social justice is dealing properly with the rapists of today and not letting them off with pathetically light sentences.
It certainly isn't burdening young schoolkids with the sexual wrongdoings of the past.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:41 pm

Syl wrote:Surely social justice is dealing properly with the rapists of today and not letting them off with pathetically light sentences.

That's criminal justice. Social justice, as the term implies, deals with adjusting/correcting things in the structure of society that lead to injustice.

The young men in this article are neither criminals nor, directly, responsible for the injustices of society. That does not mean, as tommy says, that society is flawless.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:52 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:Surely social justice is dealing properly with the rapists of today and not letting them off with pathetically light sentences.

That's criminal justice.  Social justice, as the term implies, deals with adjusting/correcting things in the structure of society that lead to injustice.

The young men in this article are neither criminals nor, directly, responsible for the injustices of society.  That does not mean, as tommy says, that society is flawless.

Yeah, they should have called out those boys grandfathers instead. That's social justice. Laughing
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:03 pm

Actually, simply change social attitudes...that's all.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:04 pm

Original Quill wrote:

That's criminal justice.  Social justice, as the term implies, deals with adjusting/correcting things in the structure of society that lead to injustice.

The young men in this article are neither criminals nor, directly, responsible for the injustices of society.  That does not mean, as tommy says, that society is flawless.

Women suffer social injustice everytime they are made to feel they are in the wrong when some arsehole rapes them, which is why so few report the crime and why so few reported rapes even make it to a court.

Maybe real social injustice should be concentrated on instead of trying to make young kids feel guilt for something that has nothing to do with them.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:10 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:It's social justice warriors who live in their echo chambers on social media and convince themselves that they are doing the right thing and that everyone else will not only understand but actually applaud them for doing these types of stupid things...

Are you against social justice?

Is what happened in the OP, social justice...!?

But I bet it was some idiot left wing social justice warrior behind it all... And I bet they are just as I described earlier...!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:12 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Women suffer social injustice everytime they are made to feel they are in the wrong when some arsehole rapes them, which is why so few report the crime and why so few reported rapes even make it to a court.

Maybe real social injustice should be concentrated on instead of trying to make young kids feel guilt for something that has nothing to do with them.

My point exactly.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:27 pm

This is one topic where we all seem to agree ....I am SO happy. cheers

Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:14 pm

It's passing now into the realms of disturbing. I've been saying this for the past six years or so...that something is going terribly wrong with this planet. It's been feeling off kilter for a while, but it's starting to really escalate.

If it's not the screaming hordes baying for someone's blood for having opinions different from theirs, it's the asinine white apologists begging for every single pale skinned person to be forgiven for what historical racists did before they were even fucking born! We have Twitter awash with pearl clutching Wokies sobbing sorries over pink band aids. I mean...what the fuck is going on?

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Tommy Monk and Maddog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:41 pm

Cultural marxism.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:20 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Good.

You couldn’t tell?

I said "Good".  Do you want me to send flowers too?  Schoolboy lashes his school for making the boys stand in front of the girls during assembly and 'apologise for rapes committed by their gender' 2190311264

Perhaps a nice houseplant. I’m very green-fingered.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:26 am

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I said "Good".  Do you want me to send flowers too?  Schoolboy lashes his school for making the boys stand in front of the girls during assembly and 'apologise for rapes committed by their gender' 2190311264

Perhaps a nice houseplant. I’m very green-fingered.

A client in Arizona once gifted me a small boojum tree.

Schoolboy lashes his school for making the boys stand in front of the girls during assembly and 'apologise for rapes committed by their gender' 2c5cace35f1058262c77eb3f1266c70e

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:08 am

from a local perspective this is pretty easy to explain

we literally have a national sorry day representing all non-aboriginals saying sorry to aboriginals, for their treatment in the past. So the concept of saying sorry on behalf of others and as a theoretical 'group' to another 'group' is not unprecedented.

however good the intentions may have been the execution was terrible.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:19 am

also for context, the current conservative gov't is currently in possibly the biggest sex scandal in our history.

a minister with open rape allegations being stood down
Covering up the rape of a Junior staffer by a senior staffer in 2019
vast historical evidence of misogyny, sexual assaults and covering them up is all coming to light.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:14 pm

veya_victaous wrote:from a local perspective this is pretty easy to explain

we literally have a national sorry day representing all non-aboriginals saying sorry to aboriginals, for their treatment in the past. So the concept of saying sorry on behalf of others and as a theoretical 'group' to another 'group' is not unprecedented.  

I've noticed that the topic of sexual assaults of schoolgirls by the boys has been trending right around the clock, in the news for the past few days.  

It is more widespread than maybe any of us thought?

Though I think we all agree that this particular case was an inappropriate way of addressing the problem.

Educators constantly explore new ways of teaching, and how to push the boundaries of traditional teaching methods, and being only human, sometimes they get it wrong.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:56 pm

Maybe the Brits should apologize to the aboriginals for putting all those criminals there. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:57 pm

This sounds like a plan created by the Mayor of Oakland. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:33 pm

Maddog wrote:

Maybe the Brits should apologize to the aboriginals for putting all those criminals there.  Cool

Sod that.
I would not apologise for anything I haven't done personally. One exception would be if someone was in my charge and did something wrong...I would apologise on behalf of them.

All this rubbish about 'National Sorry day', or whatever people call it....rubbish. Change the bad old ways into good ways, you do that by education and learning from past mistakes.
Stop apologising for the things people did decades ago, and stop making other people feel like perennial victims.
That's the way forward imo.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:35 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Maybe the Brits should apologize to the aboriginals for putting all those criminals there.  Cool

Sod that.
I would not apologise for anything I haven't done personally. One exception would be if someone was in my charge and did something wrong...I would apologise on behalf of them.

All this rubbish about 'National Sorry day', or whatever people call it....rubbish. Change the bad old ways into good ways, you do that by education and learning from past mistakes.  
Stop apologising for the things people did decades ago, and stop making other people feel like perennial victims.
That's the way forward imo.

You would make a terrible politician or useful idiot.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:35 pm

Syl wrote:Stop apologising for the things people did decades ago, and stop making other people feel like perennial victims.

Of course, but that doesn't mean don't do something about it. Conservatives equate making the world better with guilt, and so they end up with "apology". Just by-pass that little mental exercise, and go about making the world better.

That's what affirmative action is. It's not apologizing. It's simply recognizing that we've left someone behind, and we're going back to get him/her. Any US Marine knows that sentiment. No guilt…just go back and get ‘im. Never leave anyone behind!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:40 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:Stop apologising for the things people did decades ago, and stop making other people feel like perennial victims.

Of course, but that doesn't mean don't do something about it.  Conservatives equate making the world better with guilt, and so they end up with "apology".  Just by-pass that little mental exercise, and go about making the world better.

That's what affirmative action is.  It's not apologizing.  It's simply recognizing that we've left someone behind, and we're going back to get him/her.  Any US Marine knows that sentiment.  No guilt…just go back and get ‘im.  Never leave anyone behind!

I know plenty of Marines.

Please don't use them for your idiotic analogies.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:46 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Of course, but that doesn't mean don't do something about it.  Conservatives equate making the world better with guilt, and so they end up with "apology".  Just by-pass that little mental exercise, and go about making the world better.

That's what affirmative action is.  It's not apologizing.  It's simply recognizing that we've left someone behind, and we're going back to get him/her.  Any US Marine knows that sentiment.  No guilt…just go back and get ‘im.  Never leave anyone behind!

I know plenty of Marines.

Please don't use them for your idiotic analogies.

I'll use whatever the fook I want, Redneck. Suck eggs. Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:57 pm

Original Quill wrote:

You dont forget what happened, and you dont pretend it didn't happen, you learn from the past to ensure it can never happen again.
I agree that guilt solves nothing....it makes victims of everyone involved.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Original Quill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next