NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Southern anger takes 8 more lives

+2
eddie
Original Quill
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Southern anger takes 8 more lives - Page 3 Empty Southern anger takes 8 more lives

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

Washington Post wrote:Suspect charged with eight counts of murder in killings at Atlanta-area spas, authorities say

By Paulina Firozi, Mark Berman, Meryl Kornfield, Timothy Bella, Keith McMillan and Hannah Knowles

March 17, 2021 at 8:45 p.m. PDT

The 21-year-old suspect in shootings at three Atlanta-area spas has been charged with eight counts of murder and homicide and one count of aggravated assault, police said Wednesday.

Robert Aaron Long was charged with four counts of murder and one count of aggravated assault in the attacks in Cherokee County, according to the sheriff’s office there. The Atlanta police said later Wednesday afternoon that he was also charged with four counts of homicide in the killings in that city.

Six Asian women died in the attacks on Tuesday, prompting widespread concern that the killings could be the latest in a surge of hate crimes against Asian Americans.

Here’s what to know:

Long told investigators that he has a “sexual addiction,” authorities say, and that the spas were “a temptation for him that he wanted to eliminate.” Police added that it was too early to be certain that the slayings were not racially motivated.

Long was reportedly on his way to Florida to carry out additional shootings, Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms (D) said.

Police identified the four victims killed in Cherokee County and added that a fifth suffered wounds that are not life-threatening. Delaina Yaun was a well-liked Waffle House employee who relatives and friends say was killed while on a date night.

Vice President Harris called the shootings “tragic” and expressed condolences to the families of the eight people killed. President Biden also said he was “very concerned” about the shootings.

While many Democrats were quick to condemn the shooting and link it to Trump’s rhetoric, Republicans remained mostly quiet.

Asian American leaders are warning that a deepening geopolitical confrontation between the United States and China is contributing to the heightened suspicion, prejudice and violence against their communities.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/03/17/atlanta-spa-shootings-live-updates/

According to his confession, the shooter wasn't targeting Asians.  It was not a racial thing, this time.  It was just a little sex-o-holic thing, that he felt he could eliminate if he...well, grabbed a gun and starting killing everyone associated:

Washington Post wrote:“The shooter said it wasn’t racially motivated, but on the other hand, he’s going specifically to these spas where Asian women work precisely to serve the sexual fantasies of white males,” David Palumbo-Liu, a Stanford professor and author of “Asian/American: Historical Crossings of a Racial Frontier,” said in an interview.

It's interesting, from an apophenia (the tendency to perceive meaningful connections between seemingly unrelated things) standpoint.  It wasn't Asians, it wasn't particularly women...it was just those places in which he chose to play.

But what's interesting is his answer.  Once again, we see the south's solution to every problem.  Do they think about it?  Consult with their pastor?  Perhaps seek a doctor?  Consider the moral implications?  Worry about the humanism involved?

Southern anger takes 8 more lives - Page 3 1OaRBtQC1R3CdlBs

Nup...once again, a southerner follows southern instincts, and goes directly to his gun, and then starts shooting the fook out of the problem!  Got a problem...get angry.  Need a solution...grab your gun.

Violence and killing are ingrained parts of the southern psyche.  It's not funny.  These people are tetched.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Southern anger takes 8 more lives - Page 3 Empty Re: Southern anger takes 8 more lives

Post by Guest Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:42 pm

In all this debate about arming women as a deterrent or protection against sexual assault nobody has mentioned what if the rapist/sexual assaulter is also armed ? and to be honest is likely to have his gun in his hand unlike a women

Back to top Go down

Southern anger takes 8 more lives - Page 3 Empty Re: Southern anger takes 8 more lives

Post by Maddog Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:42 pm

Korben wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Yeah, guns are designed to kill. That's why they are more effective than say a feather duster, at stopping someone.
That depends on who has the duster

ps a feather duster is the first one

Yeah. Rolling Eyes
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:43 pm

Korben wrote:In all this debate about arming women as a deterrent or protection against sexual assault nobody has mentioned what if the rapist/sexual assaulter is also armed ? and to be honest is likely to have his gun in his hand unlike a women

What if he is Jackie Chan?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:01 pm

Maddog wrote:
Korben wrote:In all this debate about arming women as a deterrent or protection against sexual assault nobody has mentioned what if the rapist/sexual assaulter is also armed ? and to be honest is likely to have his gun in his hand unlike a women

what if's  hypothetical case or situation; conjecture: a series of what-ifs.

What if its a 4 foot tall midget or a 7 foot tall Hungarian
what if's Rolling Eyes
Comprehensive self-defence training develops real confidence that is backed up by mental and physical capability
In the uk we are looking at this approach for girls in school designed to equip pupils for adult life and to be able to manage risk in a variety of situations

No gun required because our streets are not awash with them

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:42 pm

Korben wrote:
Maddog wrote:

what if's  Rolling Eyes
Comprehensive self-defence training develops real confidence that is backed up by mental and physical capability
In the uk we are looking at this approach for girls in school designed to equip pupils for adult life and to be able to manage risk in a variety of situations

What if the gun is painted pink?

Surely that's a nice gun.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:53 pm

Maddog wrote:
Korben wrote:

what if's  Rolling Eyes

No such thing as a nice gun MD what ever the colour
i guess now you're making jokes you concede my points ..... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:22 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:18 am

Korben wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Guns are inanimate objects and therefore emotionless.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:50 am

Maddog wrote:
Korben wrote:

Ah!! The Guns don't kill people; people do, argument

i think you have mistaken/ignored the relevance of proximate causation there mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:33 pm

Korben wrote:
Maddog wrote:

i think you have mistaken/ignored  the relevance of proximate causation there mate

You already posted the reply to that one, Korben:

Southern anger takes 8 more lives - Page 3 16450710

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

LiamOgden likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:37 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Korben wrote:

i think you have mistaken/ignored  the relevance of proximate causation there mate

You already posted the reply to that one, Korben:

Southern anger takes 8 more lives - Page 3 16450710
Lol Indeed

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:12 pm

Korben wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Are guns inanimate, yes or no?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:15 pm

Maddog wrote:
Korben wrote:

As you have already said you don't ask a question unless you know the answer this seems a superfluous question

do you know what proximate causation is ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:26 pm

Korben wrote:
Maddog wrote:

As you have already said you don't ask a question unless you know the answer this seems a superfluous question

Yes.

It was part of the rationale for our failed experiment with prohibition. Can't missuse alcohol and kill yourself or others if it's not readily available.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:32 pm

Maddog wrote:
Korben wrote:

Yes.  

It was part of the rationale for our failed experiment with prohibition.  Can't missuse alcohol and kill yourself or others if it's not readily available.  
so then it follows if Guns are not readily available you cant kill your self or others

haven't you just Shot (pun intended )your argument in the foot ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:35 pm

I would add to the above they are laws in America over the consumption of alcohol such as age ,driving,operating equipment ,work ect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:07 pm

Also drawing a parallel between alcohol prohibition and guns is not unreasonable . Both believed their cause to be a national crisis responsible for avoidable deaths and injury and that the only answer is restricting access The only significant difference between the two is that the Tempests did not have wide public or Presidential support

But unlike alcohol prohibition ,gun control laws have wide support in the Us, even among gun owners and does have wide public and Presidential support

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:37 pm

Korben wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Yes.  

It was part of the rationale for our failed experiment with prohibition.  Can't missuse alcohol and kill yourself or others if it's not readily available.  
so then it follows if Guns are not readily available you cant kill your self or others

No. I'm comfortable with people having enough freedom to abuse those freedoms.

I mean if it's your contention that people can be irresponsible or even evil, I'll agree. But I don't believe in limiting the freedoms of the vast majority because of the actions of tiny minorities.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:52 pm

Maddog wrote:
Korben wrote:

I mean if it's your contention that people can be irresponsible or even evil, I'll agree.  But I don't believe in limiting the freedoms of the vast majority because of the actions of tiny minorities.  
The thing is its not the "vast majority" its actually a minority, most Americans including gun owners are in favour of more gun control i think i read 77% but that's from memory .its the minority that are against it and then are the republican law makers who get big lobby money to oppose it

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:52 pm

Been reading about this shooting and I understand things a bit better now.

My instincts that he is a Christian fundamentalist were 100% correct.

The church to which he is attached has been quickly deleting all their radical sermons cos they feel responsible.

Meantime so many folks are FURIOUS that the sheriff claimed the guy killed those women cos "he was having a bad day". (and it does not help that this dolt of a sheriff is apparently a documented bigot. )

So, having a ''bad day'' made the shooter drive for over an hour to specific locations to shoot people? scratch

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:02 pm

JulesV wrote:

So, having a ''bad day'' made the shooter drive for over an hour to specific locations to shoot people? scratch
Well you know "Americans " its what some of them do

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:13 pm

Maddog wrote:
Korben wrote:

I mean if it's your contention that people can be irresponsible or even evil, I'll agree. But I don't believe in limiting the freedoms of the vast majority because of the actions of tiny minorities.

That's a legislative decision. The answer is to weigh the harm, even if a few partake in the wrong, vs. the freedoms of others. When a law is made, it's because—though you are comfortable with the harm—you lose. You just have to learn to live with democracy, Red.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:24 pm

JulesV wrote:Been reading about this shooting and I understand things a bit better now.

The church to which he is attached has been quickly deleting all their radical sermons cos they feel responsible.

Meantime so many folks are FURIOUS that the sheriff claimed the guy killed those women cos "he was having a bad day". (and it does not help that this dolt of a sheriff is apparently a documented bigot. )

The sheriff was repeating what the killer said, not drawing a conclusion.

But much like on this forum, many folks in the US are more interested emotion than facts.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:28 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I mean if it's your contention that people can be irresponsible or even evil, I'll agree.  But I don't believe in limiting the freedoms of the vast majority because of the actions of tiny minorities.  

That's a legislative decision.  The answer is to weigh the harm, even if a few partake in the wrong, vs. the freedoms of others.  When a law is made, it's because—though you are comfortable with the harm—you lose.  You just have to learn to live with democracy, Red.

I'm under no obligation to accept the decisions of majorities, even legislative ones. I have my own code of conduct and means of deciding right from wrong and it's not based on what 51 folks out of 100 think. I'm quite comfortable having opinions shared by minorities.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:32 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

That's a legislative decision.  The answer is to weigh the harm, even if a few partake in the wrong, vs. the freedoms of others.  When a law is made, it's because—though you are comfortable with the harm—you lose.  You just have to learn to live with democracy, Red.

I'm under no obligation to accept the decisions of majorities, even legislative ones.  I have my own code of conduct and means of deciding right from wrong and it's not based on what 51 folks out of 100 think. I'm quite comfortable having opinions shared by minorities.  

If you reject the social contract, get the fook out. Do like Hitler, and retire to Lago Nahuel Huapi, Argentina. Or, we can arrange a pleasant little villa in Guantanamo, Cuba. Wink We own property there.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:49 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I'm under no obligation to accept the decisions of majorities, even legislative ones.  I have my own code of conduct and means of deciding right from wrong and it's not based on what 51 folks out of 100 think. I'm quite comfortable having opinions shared by minorities.  
So your saying you have no obligation to follow Any laws you deem unreasonable or don't mesh with your own personal code of conduct

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:01 pm

Yet more Pulling a gun as the answer to well nothing really
https://www.rawstory.com/jason-edward-rickels/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:21 pm

Korben wrote:
Maddog wrote:

So your saying you have no obligation to follow Any laws you deem unreasonable or don't mesh with your own personal code of conduct

I can follow a law I deem wrong, or choose not to.

I understand that has consequences too.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:24 pm

Korben wrote:Yet more Pulling a gun as the answer to well nothing really
https://www.rawstory.com/jason-edward-rickels/

Police say a Philadelphia woman sent a man to a hospital by shooting him after he broke into her home early Sunday morning.

The 32-year-old man made his way into the house on the 3100 block of Arbor Street, in the Kensington neighborhood, just before 3 a.m. and attacked the 26 and 27-year-old women inside, Philadelphia Police Department spokesman Miguel Torres said. That's when one of them shot him once in the upper leg, he said.

Officers responded and the man was taken to a hospital, where police said he was in critical condition, after initially saying he was stable. His name was not immediately released.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/philadelphia-woman-shoots-home-intruder/2713391/

Guess it depends. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:25 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

If you reject the social contract, get the fook out.  Do like Hitler, and retire to Lago Nahuel Huapi, Argentina.  Or, we can arrange a pleasant little villa in Guantanamo, Cuba.  Wink   We own property there.

Were Jim Crow laws legal in your lifetime?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:17 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

If you reject the social contract, get the fook out.  Do like Hitler, and retire to Lago Nahuel Huapi, Argentina.  Or, we can arrange a pleasant little villa in Guantanamo, Cuba.  Wink   We own property there.

One just passed 3-days ago down in Georgia.  It restricts black voting in several different ways:

The Guardian wrote:'Jim Crow in the 21st century': Biden denounces Georgia Republicans over new voting law

Joe Biden lambasted a new law in Georgia that imposes sweeping new voting restrictions, calling it “un-American” and “Jim Crow in the 21st century”.

He said in a statement: “Instead of celebrating the rights of all Georgians to vote or winning campaigns on the merits of their ideas, Republicans in the state instead rushed through an un-American law to deny people the right to vote. This law, like so many others being pursued by Republicans in statehouses across the country, is a blatant attack on the constitution and good conscience.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/mar/26/biden-georgia-republicans-voting-rights-restrictions

The Bill targets black neighborhoods, areas where polling places are rare, and lines are expected to be long, by making it difficult to impossible for voters to stay and vote.  Jim Crow laws always restrict black voting.  That’s the point.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:24 am

Maddog wrote:
JulesV wrote:Been reading about this shooting and I understand things a bit better now.

But much like on this forum, many folks in the US are more interested emotion than facts.

It's not the sheriff's job to relay messages from the killer. Wrong messenger, wrong timing.

At the trial there will be plenty of time for the killer's lawyer to explain how "his mum did not love him, his dad was a drunk, his boss was a bully ........ plus he'd had a bad day."

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:33 am

JulesV wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It's not the sheriff's job to relay messages from the killer. Wrong messenger, wrong timing.

At the trial there will be plenty of time for the killer's lawyer to explain how "his mum did not love him, his dad was a drunk, his boss was a bully ........ plus he'd had a bad day."

It was a news conference. The sheriff was asked if the killer gave any indication why he did it. The sheriff was relaying information. Why have a news conference if you're not going to do that?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:35 am

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

One just passed 3-days ago down in Georgia.  It restricts black voting in several different ways:

The Guardian wrote:'Jim Crow in the 21st century': Biden denounces Georgia Republicans over new voting law

Joe Biden lambasted a new law in Georgia that imposes sweeping new voting restrictions, calling it “un-American” and “Jim Crow in the 21st century”.

He said in a statement: “Instead of celebrating the rights of all Georgians to vote or winning campaigns on the merits of their ideas, Republicans in the state instead rushed through an un-American law to deny people the right to vote. This law, like so many others being pursued by Republicans in statehouses across the country, is a blatant attack on the constitution and good conscience.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/mar/26/biden-georgia-republicans-voting-rights-restrictions

The Bill targets black neighborhoods, areas where polling places are rare, and lines are expected to be long, by making it difficult to impossible for voters to stay and vote.  Jim Crow laws always restrict black voting.  That’s the point.

So would you give people in line water?

I would.

Fuck the law and the legislative process.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Original Quill and LiamOgden like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:40 am

Good answer. Gd for you.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:40 am

Southern anger takes 8 more lives - Page 3 Fb_im170
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:42 pm

Maddog wrote:
JulesV wrote:

It was a news conference.  The sheriff was asked if the killer gave any indication why he did it.  The sheriff was relaying information. Why have a news conference if you're not going to do that?

See, this is the difference between cleverness and wisdom.  Laughing
A clever sheriff would accurately remember everything the shooter said - and relay it all.
A wise sheriff might not necessarily have the best memory - but he'd certainly have good instincts in knowing how to avoid triggering trouble.

This sheriff's critics said that he was known to have anti-Asian sentiment himself so he was already on a slippery slope. He will probably be quietly replaced soon.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:51 pm

@ Quill,  was it this sheriff's deputy who was sacked last September? - it's an interesting story which started with an accusation of a BROKEN rear tail light (yes that old chestnut lol) ..... and ended up with BROKEN bones.  
Take a look when you have time, Quill, fascinating! Cool  >>  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te2IIsVeJGY

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:16 pm

JulesV wrote:@ Quill,  was it this sheriff's deputy who was sacked last September? - it's an interesting story which started with an accusation of a BROKEN rear tail light (yes that old chestnut lol) ..... and ended up with BROKEN bones.  
Take a look when you have time, Quill, fascinating! Cool  >>  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te2IIsVeJGY

It's a sad fact that a whole culture holds beliefs and an ideology that goes against all that America stands for...but that is the south of the US, from Virginia to Texas.

The south is steeped in otherism, and would cry if they witnessed anyone doing what they do (re: your clip) to a white person.  Yet, southerners believe that blacks are an-other species, worthy as beasts of burden, but not deserving of anything but physical abuse.

As you saw in the insurrection of 1/6, and earlier in Charlottesville, their beliefs spill over into animosity toward anyone (white or otherwise) who doesn't accept their premises.  They are prone to violence. They love their guns.  They believe that reason is a plot against them.  Hence, they are unreachable and unteachable, and must be exiled from a nation and culture that wants to achieve anything close to justice.

Amexit.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

JulesV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:21 pm

JulesV wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It was a news conference.  The sheriff was asked if the killer gave any indication why he did it.  The sheriff was relaying information. Why have a news conference if you're not going to do that?

A clever sheriff would accurately remember everything the shooter said - and relay it all.
A wise sheriff might not necessarily have the best memory - but he'd certainly have good instincts in knowing how to avoid triggering trouble.

This sheriff's critics said that he was known to have anti-Asian sentiment himself so he was already on a slippery slope. He will probably be quietly replaced soon.

Yeah, sometimes it's best to not say much to the press.

He should have called a press conference and just said no comment 163 times. Rolling Eyes
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:45 pm

Maddog wrote:
JulesV wrote:

He should have called a press conference and just said no comment 163 times. Rolling Eyes

Madds, you having a "bad day" hon? Suspect

(To coin a phrase)

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:52 pm

Original Quill wrote:
JulesV wrote:@ Quill,  was it this sheriff's deputy who was sacked last September? - it's an interesting story which started with an accusation of a BROKEN rear tail light (yes that old chestnut lol) ..... and ended up with BROKEN bones.  
Take a look when you have time, Quill, fascinating! Cool  >>  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te2IIsVeJGY

It's a sad fact that a whole culture holds beliefs and an ideology that goes against all that America stands for...but that is the south of the US, from Virginia to Texas.

The south is steeped in otherism, and would cry if they witnessed anyone doing what they do (re: your clip) to a white person.  Yet, southerners believe that blacks are an-other species, worthy as beasts of burden, but not deserving of anything but physical abuse.

As you saw in the insurrection of 1/6, and earlier in Charlottesville, their beliefs spill over into animosity toward anyone (white or otherwise) who doesn't accept their premises.  They are prone to violence.  They love their guns.  They believe that reason is a plot against them.  Hence, they are unreachable and unteachable, and must be exiled from a nation and culture that wants to achieve anything close to justice.

Amexit.
They still have the cheek to keep using that tired old chestnut  " the car had a broken tail light".
And the guy who was beaten up was just a passenger ffs!
A respectful passenger who addressed the cop as "Sir".

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:32 pm

JulesV wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

As you saw in the insurrection of 1/6, and earlier in Charlottesville, their beliefs spill over into animosity toward anyone (white or otherwise) who doesn't accept their premises.  They are prone to violence.  They love their guns.  They believe that reason is a plot against them.  Hence, they are unreachable and unteachable, and must be exiled from a nation and culture that wants to achieve anything close to justice.

Amexit.
They still have the cheek to keep using that tired old chestnut  " the car had a broken tail light".
And the guy who was beaten up was just a passenger ffs!
A respectful passenger who addressed the cop as "Sir".

What is more, they have the cheek to keep passing Jim Crow laws. The Georgia just past legislation making it even more difficult for voters in black settings to vote, and they (if that doesn't work) that the Republican Board of Elections has the right to reach in and change who won...arbitrarily!

Article IV, Section 4, of the US Constitution, states:

US Constitution wrote:The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government...

Trump has preached to us that we can ignore laws and the Constitution at will. We have an obligation to slap this down forthwith (eds, see what I mean about Trump and unfinished business?).

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:34 pm

JulesV wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Madds, you having a "bad day" hon?  Suspect

(To coin a phrase)

All my days above room temperature are good ones.

I just like pointing out nonsense.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:17 pm

Maddog wrote:
Ah OK.   I asked cos of your eyerolling smiley.
Got a thing about eye rolling!
We had a neighbour who was cross eyed - and she was always very cross too, very moody.
Whenever she angrily rolled her eyes at us, kids,  the good eye spun round&round, the lazy eye did nowt. Scarily demonic! What a Face  
Thanks for listening!

Maddog wrote:
Pointing guns at innocent folk .... is the biggest nonsense of all.

Last edited by JulesV on Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:20 pm

JulesV wrote:
Maddog wrote:
We had a neighbour who was cross eyed - and she was always very cross too, very moody.
Whenever she angrily rolled her eyes at us, kids,  the good eye spun around, the lazy eye did nothing. It looked demonic! What a Face  
Thanks for listening!

Maddog wrote:

Eye rolling isn't anger ya weirdo. Rolling Eyes
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

LiamOgden likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:23 pm

Maddog wrote:
JulesV wrote:
Whenever she angrily rolled her eyes at us, kids,  the good eye spun around, the lazy eye did nothing. It looked demonic! What a Face  
Thanks for listening!

I wish someone had told us! She was scary!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:09 pm

JulesV wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Perhaps she felt the same about her neighbors?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:57 pm

Maddog wrote:
JulesV wrote:

Perhaps she felt the same about her neighbors?

We kids were never sure which eye was the most scary. Was it the lazy one which just sat there, quietly watching you while the other eye spun around like a  top? Or was it the spinning one? Question

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:37 pm

Take no notice!  
Just jesting, to pass a few spare minutes. albino

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3