NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Southern anger takes 8 more lives

+2
eddie
Original Quill
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Southern anger takes 8 more lives Empty Southern anger takes 8 more lives

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:02 pm

Washington Post wrote:Suspect charged with eight counts of murder in killings at Atlanta-area spas, authorities say

By Paulina Firozi, Mark Berman, Meryl Kornfield, Timothy Bella, Keith McMillan and Hannah Knowles

March 17, 2021 at 8:45 p.m. PDT

The 21-year-old suspect in shootings at three Atlanta-area spas has been charged with eight counts of murder and homicide and one count of aggravated assault, police said Wednesday.

Robert Aaron Long was charged with four counts of murder and one count of aggravated assault in the attacks in Cherokee County, according to the sheriff’s office there. The Atlanta police said later Wednesday afternoon that he was also charged with four counts of homicide in the killings in that city.

Six Asian women died in the attacks on Tuesday, prompting widespread concern that the killings could be the latest in a surge of hate crimes against Asian Americans.

Here’s what to know:

Long told investigators that he has a “sexual addiction,” authorities say, and that the spas were “a temptation for him that he wanted to eliminate.” Police added that it was too early to be certain that the slayings were not racially motivated.

Long was reportedly on his way to Florida to carry out additional shootings, Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms (D) said.

Police identified the four victims killed in Cherokee County and added that a fifth suffered wounds that are not life-threatening. Delaina Yaun was a well-liked Waffle House employee who relatives and friends say was killed while on a date night.

Vice President Harris called the shootings “tragic” and expressed condolences to the families of the eight people killed. President Biden also said he was “very concerned” about the shootings.

While many Democrats were quick to condemn the shooting and link it to Trump’s rhetoric, Republicans remained mostly quiet.

Asian American leaders are warning that a deepening geopolitical confrontation between the United States and China is contributing to the heightened suspicion, prejudice and violence against their communities.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/03/17/atlanta-spa-shootings-live-updates/

According to his confession, the shooter wasn't targeting Asians.  It was not a racial thing, this time.  It was just a little sex-o-holic thing, that he felt he could eliminate if he...well, grabbed a gun and starting killing everyone associated:

Washington Post wrote:“The shooter said it wasn’t racially motivated, but on the other hand, he’s going specifically to these spas where Asian women work precisely to serve the sexual fantasies of white males,” David Palumbo-Liu, a Stanford professor and author of “Asian/American: Historical Crossings of a Racial Frontier,” said in an interview.

It's interesting, from an apophenia (the tendency to perceive meaningful connections between seemingly unrelated things) standpoint.  It wasn't Asians, it wasn't particularly women...it was just those places in which he chose to play.

But what's interesting is his answer.  Once again, we see the south's solution to every problem.  Do they think about it?  Consult with their pastor?  Perhaps seek a doctor?  Consider the moral implications?  Worry about the humanism involved?

Southern anger takes 8 more lives 1OaRBtQC1R3CdlBs

Nup...once again, a southerner follows southern instincts, and goes directly to his gun, and then starts shooting the fook out of the problem!  Got a problem...get angry.  Need a solution...grab your gun.

Violence and killing are ingrained parts of the southern psyche.  It's not funny.  These people are tetched.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Southern anger takes 8 more lives Empty Re: Southern anger takes 8 more lives

Post by eddie Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:52 pm

You think it’s just southerners that act violently?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:55 pm

This twat was a hater of women

Full stop

Geography does not come into it

You find these wankers all over the world, many formed from religious or political beliefs

What matters here is again is females are the victims in the main, due to the violence of males

Why the fuck are we not doing more to protect females

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:57 pm

Didgee wrote:This twat was a hater of women

Full stop

You find these wankers all over the world, many formed from religious or political beliefs

What matters here is again is females are the victims in the main, due to the violence of males

Well, you and I know that. Not sure Quill does.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:59 pm

eddie wrote:

Full stop

Its because Quill wishes to weaponize the victims for political purposes

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Maddog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:02 pm

Didgee wrote:
eddie wrote:

Full stop

I might agree with you but, in fairness, I’ll wait to see what Quill says.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:32 pm

It's not men's fault, either. It's the fucking murderous nutjobs fault.

Why can't we seperate people's actions from their identities? It's really not that hard to do.

Otherwise we're perpetually stuck in a world where you can't trust white men, Muslims, black men, white police officers, I guess the Chinese now ... where does it stop? I have half a mind to start saying being overweight makes you into a bank robber, then finding loads of fat bank robbers to supposedly prove my point.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

eddie and LiamOgden like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:36 pm

eddie wrote:
Didgee wrote:

He says it all day every day on here.

It's not like he doesn't have a track record.

Shit, read his OP again.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:37 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:It's not men's fault, either. It's the fucking murderous nutjobs fault.

Why can't we seperate people's actions from their identities? It's really not that hard to do.

Otherwise we're perpetually stuck in a world where you can't trust white men, Muslims, black men, white police officers, I guess the Chinese now ... where does it stop? I have half a mind to start saying being overweight makes you into a bank robber, then finding loads of fat bank robbers to supposedly prove my point.

It’s called labelling and that’s why I refuse to do it. Full stop.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:38 pm

eddie wrote:
Didgee wrote:

Quill wrote:Nup...once again, a southerner follows southern instincts, and goes directly to his gun, and then starts shooting the fook out of the problem! Got a problem...get angry. Need a solution...grab your gun.

Violence and killing are ingrained parts of the southern psyche. It's not funny. These people are tetched.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:40 pm

Yes, I saw. I can read.
I’d like him to answer my question.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:53 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:It's not men's fault, either. It's the fucking murderous nutjobs fault.

Do you separate this from people who are republican Ben?

Or do you prejudge them based on their politics?

You see one thing I have come to realise recently

Both sides hold a view the other political side will end up doing the worst to the other and they both live off fear. To a view to garner support

When actually both sides should come together for the better of society

Its fear that keeps the US from coming a stronger nation

The one time it was strong was under Roosevelt, because he was able to bring opposing sides together.

Its the ability to work with each other that brings real results

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:35 am

Dude, I'd love to see Republicans and Democrats working together. But many, many Republicans -- particularly the more far-right ones -- see Democrats as an evil enemy, and working with them would be equivalent to working with Satan. (I could post endless links, but you can find this for yourself.)

It works for Republican leaders, so they're not going to stop doing it. You didn't see President Biden labeling Republicans as evil, but if you listen to Republicans, Biden is apparently some kind of sleepy, low-energy, boring, radical liberal extremist. And many of them think Biden wants to take their guns away and spend their tax money on abortions.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:48 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Dude, I'd love to see Republicans and Democrats working together. But many, many Republicans -- particularly the more far-right ones -- see Democrats as an evil enemy, and working with them would be equivalent to working with Satan. (I could post endless links, but you can find this for yourself.)

It works for Republican leaders, so they're not going to stop doing it. You didn't see President Biden labeling Republicans as evil, but if you listen to Republicans, Biden is apparently some kind of sleepy, low-energy, boring, radical liberal extremist. And many of them think Biden wants to take their guns away and spend their tax money on abortions.

It's a two way street.

Spend as much watching social media as Didge and I, and you will see the utter contempt that many democrats have for republicans and vice versa.

Biden is much more civil than Trump, no doubt.

Although he called Abbott a caveman a few weeks ago. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:58 am

Maddog wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Dude, I'd love to see Republicans and Democrats working together. But many, many Republicans -- particularly the more far-right ones -- see Democrats as an evil enemy, and working with them would be equivalent to working with Satan. (I could post endless links, but you can find this for yourself.)

It's a two way street.

Spend as much watching social media as Didge and I, and you will see the utter contempt that many democrats have for republicans and vice versa.

Social media doesn't tell you what the world is really like, any more than the traditional media outlets do. Only people who are really obsessed with something tend to post about it.

And Abbott is clearly not a caveman -- he removes the mask mandate, knowing it will cause Covid cases to rise, then says that Biden allowing migrant children into Texas will cause cases to rise. I'd say he's pretty clever, not to mention quite cynical and manipulative.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:06 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It's a two way street.

Social media doesn't tell you what the world is really like, any more than the traditional media outlets do. Only people who are really obsessed with something tend to post about it.

And Abbott is clearly not a caveman -- he removes the mask mandate, knowing it will cause Covid cases to rise, then says that Biden allowing migrant children into Texas will cause cases to rise. I'd say he's pretty clever, not to mention quite cynical and manipulative.

But covid cases aren't rising.

Do you actually follow people or news sites?

It's a much different situation than traditional media.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:35 pm

eddie wrote:You think it’s just southerners that act violently?

Certainly, there are a lot of others who act violently, but southerners have it ingrained in them.  I've explained this before: economics is everything.  America is two different countries...two different cultures.  While the northern way was industrial and mercantile, individual craftsmen, individually responsible, the southern way was agrarian cash-cropping, with blacks doing the work, and whites either overseeing (direct violence) or enjoying patrician comfort (lazy).

When emancipation came along, the overseers resorted directly to their violent ways, and the lazy ones had no choice as they had no talent, and their intellectual capacities had atrophied.  Add to that, they were grossly outmatched in a violent and painful civil war, where they got their collective asses kicked.  This resulted in a violent people, steeped in self-victimizing, and callous to the needs and feelings of others.  They had no choice.  They had no living skills, other than violence, and so they adopted the psychology that goes with it.

Now we see southern violence as an organized tactic, and an individual tactic, particularly where otherism is involved.  See, Noah Halberg, The Psychology of the Masses: Why You Believe What You Believe and Do What You Do (2013).  If a southerner can de-empathize with his victim, and thus exclude him or her from his self-identity, it's like he is shooting at a road sign or a tin can.  It's just an-other non-human target.  It’s a mass psychology inveterate to the southern culture.

I know this stigmatizes a group, and that is unpopular these days. But unlike racism...this cultural trait has a pathway in fact.

Last edited by Original Quill on Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:44 pm

Rolling Eyes
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:51 pm

Quill, are you actually saying that nothing has really changed since the bad old days?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:21 pm

eddie wrote:Quill, are you actually saying that nothing has really changed since the bad old days?

Instead of asking him what he thinks, Google the most violent cities in the US. Arm yourself with data instead of relying on his fabrications.

Does it really matter what he thinks if there aren't statistics to back up what he thinks?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:27 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:Quill, are you actually saying that nothing has really changed since the bad old days?

Instead of asking him what he thinks, Google the most violent cities in the US.  Arm yourself with data instead of relying on his fabrications.  

Does it really matter what he thinks if there aren't statistics to back up what he thinks?  

I don’t want to arm myself with graphs and data and stats. I want his opinion. Perhaps like most people, you can’t accept another’s opinion and be comfortable with what they think without getting antsy.

I can.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:46 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Instead of asking him what he thinks, Google the most violent cities in the US.  Arm yourself with data instead of relying on his fabrications.  

I don’t want to arm myself with graphs and data and stats. I want his opinion. Perhaps like most people, you can’t accept another’s opinion and be comfortable with what they think without getting antsy.

I can.

I think he's a dickhead.

No need for me to explain that position either. Facts are irrelevant. It's all about what someone thinks.

Heck while I'm at it, let's just say I think all southerners score 20 points higher on IQ tests. That's my opinion. No need to prove it.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:48 pm

Where Quill gets prejudice and bigotry wrong is how he thinks it's okay to tar huge groups of people with the same brush, so long as they're white, but it's racist if they aren't white.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:55 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Where Quill gets prejudice and bigotry wrong is how he thinks it's okay to tar huge groups of people with the same brush, so long as they're white, but it's racist if they aren't white.

A very large percentage of southerners aren't even white. So even that doesn't stand up.

And the number of people in the south today, who are descendents of slave owners is likely in the single digits.

It's far more likely for a southerner to be descendent of slaves than slave owners.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:09 pm

I wouldn't go quite that far -- 1 out of 3 Southern white families owned slaves, after all, and the South is majority white outside of Texas.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:18 am

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I can.

I think he's a dickhead.

No need for me to explain that position either. Facts are irrelevant. It's all about what someone thinks.  

Heck while I'm at it, let's just say I think all southerners score 20 points higher on IQ tests. That's my opinion.  No need to prove it.  

Sometimes, listening to another’s opinion, asking the right questions and listening to the answer, gives me far more insight then just spouting off my “facts”.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:08 am

What the south has done is gone underground. They started right after the civil war, with peonage and Jim Crow laws. Separate but equal. Segregation. Today, black lives don't matter. And that's just the legal stuff, and doesn't include the KKK, etc.

I don't paint them with the same brush. They do it themselves. They've never changed their minds...we'd have southern slaves today were it not for the north.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:56 am

I am not American ,and although i have a great deal of interest in America and American politics,from my view point and Generally speaking Quill does have a point .

The civil war never really ended it as he says went "underground" and to be honest not that far underground .but the north is just as much to blame as the south As they let the very thing they where fighting hang around and fester

Even today the south, particularly Texas sees it self as separate from the rest of the united states  this can be seen in the laws they pass and the refusal or reluctance to be part of the whole and  hark back to an 1860s fantasy of white male dominance.

Even though the south lost the civil war the Confederacy or at least the idea of the confederacy continued with the erection of statues and the flying of the confederate flag and the attitude towards blacks ,gays the myriad forms of segregation and deprivation of rights and freedoms and violence against black people, kept the population subjugated and punished into the present in ways that might as well be called war.

Imagine if at the end of any war that the defeated side was still able to push the very ideology that was fort against, a recent analogy would be (and i hate to enact Godwins law )WW2 and the Nazis

Imagine if Hitler's cronies had been idolised with statues and the flying of the swastika every where rather that making it illegal to do these things .Imagine the feelings of the people that suffered during that time to be constantly reminded of the horrors and injustices they where subjected to

The United States is a country at war because the number of weapons in circulation is incompatible with peace America  has 5% of the world’s population and 35%-50% of the guns in civilian hands, more guns per capita than anywhere else and more gun deaths, too. Is it any surprise that mass shootings  an almost entirely male and largely white phenomenon  are practically daily events?

For the past 4 years America had had openly "Confederate" president, one who has defended Confederate statues and Confederate values and Confederate goals, because the Make America Great Again trope harks back to some antebellum fantasy of white male dominance.

America never cleaned up after the civil war, never made it anathema, as the Germans have since the second world war, to support the losing side. America never had a truth and reconciliation process like South Africa did. America  allowed statues to go up across the country glorifying the traitors and losers, treated the pro-slavery flag as sentimental, fun, Dukes of Hazzard, white identity politics. why a US citizen or should celebrate the leaders of a war against that ideology says everything about the distortion of meaning and memory
The Confederacy didn’t win in the 1860s and it is not going to win in the long run, but inflicting as much damage as possible seems IMHO to be how they want to go down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:18 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I think he's a dickhead.

Heck while I'm at it, let's just say I think all southerners score 20 points higher on IQ tests. That's my opinion.  No need to prove it.  

Sometimes, listening to another’s opinion,  asking the right questions and listening to the answer, gives me far more insight then just spouting off my “facts”.

If you want an opinion, ask him what his favorite kind of ice cream is.

If he states something as being a fact, he better be able to back it up.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:20 pm

Korben wrote:I am not American ,and although i have a great deal of interest in America and American politics,from my view point and Generally speaking Quill does have a point .

The civil war never really ended it as he says went "underground" and to be honest not that far underground .but the north is just as much to blame as the south As they let the very thing they where fighting hang around and fester

Even today the south, particularly Texas sees it self as separate from the rest of the united states  this can be seen in the laws they pass and the refusal or reluctance to be part of the whole and  hark back to an 1860s fantasy of white male dominance.

Even though the south lost the civil war the Confederacy or at least the idea of the confederacy continued with the erection of statues and the flying of the confederate flag and the attitude towards blacks ,gays the myriad forms of segregation and deprivation of rights and freedoms and violence against black people, kept the population subjugated and punished into the present in ways that might as well be called war.

Imagine if at the end of any war that the defeated side was still able to push the very ideology that was fort against, a recent analogy would be (and i hate to enact Godwins law )WW2 and the Nazis

Imagine if Hitler's cronies had been idolised with statues and the flying of the swastika every where rather that making it illegal to do these things .Imagine the feelings of the people that suffered during that time to be constantly reminded of the horrors and injustices they where subjected to

The United States is a country at war because the number of weapons in circulation is incompatible with peace America  has 5% of the world’s population and 35%-50% of the guns in civilian hands, more guns per capita than anywhere else and more gun deaths, too. Is it any surprise that mass shootings  an almost entirely male and largely white phenomenon  are practically daily events?

For the past 4 years America had had openly "Confederate" president, one who has defended Confederate statues and Confederate values and Confederate goals, because the Make America Great Again trope harks back to some antebellum fantasy of white male dominance.

America never cleaned up after the civil war, never made it anathema, as the Germans have since the second world war, to support the losing side. America never had a truth and reconciliation process like South Africa did. America  allowed statues to go up across the country glorifying the traitors and losers, treated the pro-slavery flag as sentimental, fun, Dukes of Hazzard, white identity politics. why a US citizen or should celebrate the leaders of a war against that ideology says everything about the distortion of meaning and memory
The Confederacy didn’t win in the 1860s and it is not going to win in the long run, but inflicting as much damage as possible seems IMHO to be how they want to go down.

Rolling Eyes
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:22 pm

Oh, and the Dukes of Hazzard was made in Hollywood and was watched all over the country.

Hell, it even was the source for a name of very short blue jeans on women.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:25 pm

Original Quill wrote:  

Is he some ex-army guy? They are usually close shaven, what's with the poncy hairstyle?

Is he a Christian fundamentalist?

Is a massage parlour really just a polite term for brothel?

Were those poor girls trafficked?

Soooo many questions, so little time.

Sad story. RIP.

Last edited by JulesV on Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:25 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I think he's a dickhead.

Sometimes, listening to another’s opinion,  asking the right questions and listening to the answer, gives me far more insight then just spouting off my “facts”.

This is not an opinion.....

"Violence and killing are ingrained parts of the southern psyche. It's not funny. These people are tetched."

This is an opinion......

"Cherries taste better than bananas."
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:27 pm

Maddog wrote:Oh, and the Dukes of Hazzard was made in Hollywood  and was watched all over the country.  

where dukes of hazard was made is irrelevant and not the point i was making is it

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:29 pm

JulesV wrote:
Original Quill wrote:  

Is he some ex-army guy? They are usually close shaven, what's with the poncy hairstyle?

Is he a Christian fundamentalist?

Is a massage parlour really just a polite term for brothel?

Were those poor girls trafficked?

Soooo many questions, so little time.

Sad story. RIP.

Yeah, they are places for sex.

No they are not trafficked.

People have fucking purple Mohawks too. Not sure what hair has to do with anything.

He had been treated for sex addiction. Whether that's a real thing is sorta a conversation over here now.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:33 pm

Korben wrote:
Maddog wrote:Oh, and the Dukes of Hazzard was made in Hollywood  and was watched all over the country.  

where dukes of hazard was made is irrelevant and not the point i was making is it  

Here's a point I made a few daysbafo, that you ignored because it didn't suit your impression.

Violence is equally distributed around the country. There's nothing inherently more violent about the South.

The divide in this country isn't South vs North. It's more urban vs rural/small town.

It's why rural areas of Iowa amd Ohio went heavily for Trump and urban areas of Georgia and Texas went for Biden.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:34 pm

Star trek was made in holywood but the episode where Kirk kisses Uhura originaly wasn't shown in some of the southern states because it would upset the racists
its the romanticisation of the confederacy was the point i was making

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:35 pm

Korben wrote:Star trek was made in holywood but the episode where Kirk kisses Uhura originaly wasn't shown in some of the southern states  because it would upset the racists

What fucking year was that?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:35 pm

Maddog wrote:
Korben wrote:

Here's a point I made a few daysbafo, that you ignored because it didn't suit your impression.

Violence is equally distributed around the country. There's nothing inherently more violent about the South.  

The divide in this country isn't South vs North. It's more urban vs rural/small town.

It's why rural areas of Iowa amd Ohio went heavily for Trump and urban areas of Georgia and Texas went for Biden.  
So you think the impression is unjustified ....if it walks like a duck ect ect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:38 pm

Maddog wrote:
Korben wrote:Star trek was made in holywood but the episode where Kirk kisses Uhura originaly wasn't shown in some of the southern states  because it would upset the racists

"Plato's Stepchildren" season 3 episode 10 November 22, 1968 not that that is relevant it wasn't 1879

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:39 pm

Korben wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It's not backed up by statistics.You pulled it out of your ass.

Where is the most violent city in the US?

The top 10?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:40 pm

Korben wrote:
Maddog wrote:

"Plato's Stepchildren" season 3 episode 10 November 22, 1968 not that that is relevant it wasn't 1879
You want a more recent example take a look at Top gear American special when they where in the south

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:41 pm

Korben wrote:
Maddog wrote:

No, but it was a much different time in this country.

A gay couple couldn't get married in NY either.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:42 pm

Korben wrote:
Korben wrote:
You want a more recent example take a look at Top gear American special when they where in the south

Top Gear, Star Trek and Dukes of Hazzard.

I'm seeing a pattern here.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:44 pm

Maddog wrote:
Korben wrote:

The top 10?
My ass ? sure Thats what i did ,just reached up there and picked the first thing i found ......tut tut

i know it can be upsetting confronted with the ongoing legacy but there it is

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:45 pm

Maddog wrote:
Korben wrote:

Top Gear, Star Trek and Dukes of Hazzard.  

I'm seeing a pattern here.
No you are ignoring a patten ....that much is plain to see

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:47 pm

Korben wrote:
Maddog wrote:

The top 10?
My ass ? sure Thats what i did ,just reached up there and picked the first thing i found ......tut tut

i know it can be upsetting confronted with the ongoing legacy  but there it is

The top 10?

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:48 pm

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-11-04/what-mitch-landrieu-learned-about-southern-racism

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:50 pm

Korben wrote:https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-11-04/what-mitch-landrieu-learned-about-southern-racism

Did he find it better or worse than 30 years ago?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:51 pm

Maddog wrote:
Korben wrote:

i know it can be upsetting confronted with the ongoing legacy  but there it is

The top 10?

irrelevant and whataboutisums a way to distract from the roots of the violence that stem from inequality and racism that has its roots in the south deep roots

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next