NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Today i was stabbed

+2
Syl
JulesV
6 posters

Go down

Today i was stabbed Empty Today i was stabbed

Post by Guest Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:34 pm

In the arm

As i received my first dose of the astrozenica vaccine
That was 6 hours ago and can report no side affects at all so far (perhaps a dry mouth) but other than that i feel fine

Back to top Go down

Today i was stabbed Empty Re: Today i was stabbed

Post by JulesV Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:58 pm

OMG best clickbait thread title ever.  Today i was stabbed 1f3c6  Today i was stabbed 1f3c6  Today i was stabbed 1f3c6

Gave me such a fright, Korben. pale Laughing

Someone was saying the Pfizer jab was preferable but I guess there's very little to choose between them.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

veya_victaous and LiamOgden like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:00 pm

JulesV wrote:OMG best clickbait thread title ever.  Today i was stabbed 1f3c6  Today i was stabbed 1f3c6  Today i was stabbed 1f3c6

Gave me such a fright, Korben. pale Laughing

Someone was saying the Pfizer jab was preferable but I guess there's very little to choose between them.
LOL sorry:lol: Laughing Laughing ...my twisted sense of humour

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:06 pm

I have a couple of friends who have had the vaccine and they tell me they felt ill after lethargic,bit of a temp,sore arm at the injection site, but so far i feel fine no pain in arm or temperature changes of Ill feelings.

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:25 pm

Hahaha Cool

People with extreme needle phobia feel quite faint at the mere mention of needles let alone being jabbed with one. I wonder how they cope.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:42 pm

Korben wrote:I have a couple of friends who have had the vaccine and they tell me they felt ill after lethargic,bit of a temp,sore arm at the injection site, but so far i feel fine no pain in arm or temperature changes of Ill feelings.
The majority of people I know who have had the jab have felt minimal  after effects..
I had the Oxford one too, woke up in the night with quite bad shivers, but next  morning I was fine, not even a sore arm.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

LiamOgden likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:58 am

Isn't that a daily event in Scotland? Today i was stabbed 1f60e
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:18 am

Maddog wrote:Isn't that a daily event in Scotland?   Today i was stabbed 1f60e
Er....No. you are confusing knifes with guns and Scotland with America

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:24 pm

Korben wrote:
Maddog wrote:Isn't that a daily event in Scotland?   Today i was stabbed 1f60e

Aye. Never heard of a Glaswegian Smile?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:37 pm

Hope you continue to feel okay Korben

There are a few people on social media saying they e started to feel depressed since having the vaccine. May be just a coincidence but definitely something to watch for.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:48 pm

eddie wrote:Hope you continue to feel okay Korben

There are a few people on social media saying they e started to feel depressed since having the vaccine. May be just a coincidence but definitely something to watch for.

I was thinking about that the other day, and I wonder if it's something like, they've built up in their minds that when they'd gotten the immunization, their lives would go back to normal? I could see that happening to some people.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:54 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

I was thinking about that the other day, and I wonder if it's something like, they've built up in their minds that when they'd gotten the immunization, their lives would go back to normal? I could see that happening to some people.

That doesn’t seem to be the case. These people are saying that they simply “don’t feel the same”. They report having dark moods which were not present before. Everyone knows the lockdown isn’t over until at least summer, so I don’t think anyone thought they’d be out and about as normal.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:51 am

Maddog wrote:
Korben wrote:

I have But its not a daily event stabbings are not a daily event ether unlike gun violence in America

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:55 am

Thanks Yea i feel fine no problems ,a friend of mine says women seem to have more of a reaction however i have seen to evidence to support that Rumour And given the amount of injections that have been given world wide i would expect they to be some data to support that Rumour

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:06 am

Korben wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I have But its not a daily event stabbings are not a daily event ether unlike gun violence in America  

So there aren't 365 stabbings in Scotland every year? I'll bet there are.

In any event, I was sorta teasing based on Scotlands reputation in the past for having so many stabbings.

I understand that there has been significant progress made in that department.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:02 am

Maddog wrote:
Korben wrote:

So there aren't 365 stabbings in Scotland every year?  I'll bet there are.

In any event, I was sorta teasing based on Scotlands reputation in the past for having so many stabbings.  

I know you where teasing a bit but I am not saying it doesn't happen but they tend not to be a daily occurrence ,also they tend to be gang or crime related with some domestic i have lived in Scotland for over 40 years i have never seen or know anybody that has been stabbed

I would also say that 365 a year equates to on average one a day but the reality is far from one a day and recent figures show even that is on the decline as you point out

But compared to gun violence in just one city in America lets say NY shootings have risen 95% (1,412 vs. 721) through the first 11 months of 2020 compared with the same period the previous year

And while lock down and the pandemic have made a pretty hefty dent in the amount of gun deaths in America i would wager compared to knife deaths in even the uk as a whole you have us beat hands down

i would also add knife crimes doesn't nessecerly mean "stabbings" it is a crime to carry a knife in Scotland with out good reason and certain types (over 6in )are completely banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:17 am

Korben wrote:
Maddog wrote:

So there aren't 365 stabbings in Scotland every year?  I'll bet there are.

I know you where teasing a bit but I am not saying it doesn't happen but they tend not to be a daily occurrence ,also they tend to be gang or crime related with some domestic i have lived in Scotland for over 40 years i have never seen or know anybody that has been stabbed

I would also say that 365 a year equates to on average one a day but the reality is far from one a day and recent figures show even that is on the decline as you point out

But compared to gun violence in just one city in America lets say NY shootings have risen 95% (1,412 vs. 721) through the first 11 months of 2020 compared with the same period the previous year

And while lock down and the pandemic have made a pretty hefty dent in the amount of gun deaths in America i would wager compared to knife deaths in even the uk as a whole you have us beat hands down

i would also add knife crimes doesn't nessecerly mean "stabbings" it is a crime to carry a knife in Scotland with out good reason and certain types (over 6in )are completely banned  

Yeah, murder has risen throughout the US during the past year. Not sure if it's covid or what.

And I only know one person who was shot, and he survived. While our murder rate is higher than the UK, we are talking about 6 out of 100,000 for us, vs 2 out of 100,000 for you. Not a huge difference unless you're one of the 4 additional victims or a family member thereof.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:09 pm

Had my first one Saturday. Volunteered at a county POD and it was a bonus as I didn’t expect it. We had a rare cold snap with snow flurries but 98% of the people in line said it was worth waiting in the cold. We did about 600 people. Awesome! We got Moderna.

Very tired yesterday and this morning and arm a wee bit sore but that could also be after 2 very intense and emotional weeks wrapping up at work. Roll on April 10th when I get second and hopefully it will be just a few weeks till Mr. C gets his first one. Mum is done.
Today i was stabbed 740ee710
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down