NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So if you were Oprah...

+7
HoratioTarr
Original Quill
Fred Moletrousers
Maddog
gelico
Vintage
Syl
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

So if you were Oprah... Empty So if you were Oprah...

Post by Syl Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:44 am

What questions would you ask Harry and Meghan when they do the interview  next month?

"Meghan Markle and husband Prince Harry have agreed to an interview with Oprah Winfrey next month. US network CBS announced: ‘Winfrey will speak with Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex, in a wide-ranging interview, covering everything from stepping into life as a Royal, marriage, motherhood, philanthropic work to how she is handling life under intense public pressure. ‘Later, the two are joined by Prince Harry as they speak about their move to the United States and their future hopes and dreams for their expanding family.’ It is not yet clear whether the agreement will have included any ‘no go’ areas, such as discussing individuals in the Royal Family. Meghan is now living with her husband Prince Harry in LA, and the couple announced yesterday that they are expecting a new baby. The Valentine’s Day announcement came with a black and white picture of the smiling couple and the Duchess showing off a slight bump.

So if you were Oprah... 39351310

"

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/15/meghan-markle-agrees-to-sit-down-interview-with-oprah-winfrey-14086187/?ito=cbshare

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

So if you were Oprah... Empty Re: So if you were Oprah...

Post by Syl Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:15 pm

I think I would ask...'Why, if, as they claimed at the time, they were leaving the UK to escape the glare of publicity, have they done their best to cultivate careers in America where they are touting themselves about actively looking for media and press attention'?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Vintage, Tommy Monk and gelico like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:23 pm

Why, even if the press coverage was not in your favour as a self proclaimed feminist and presumably a strong modern woman, didn't you stick with it in the Royal Family, do your job and show the tabloids etc how wrong they were. Just like many people who have married into Royalty (not only British) and faced opposition and come out the other side well loved and respected.
Why ditch it all when you could have become famous, loved, respected, have everything you wanted - materialistically and be a force for good in so many projects, was it because you can't
keep your personal thoughts to yourself, can't wear coloured nail varnish or certain clothes on official engagements or sell photos and stories about yourself for profit.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl and gelico like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:39 pm

All the questions will be pre arranged, pre scripted, pre approved.  it's not a random Q&A with audience participation

I would expect the usual meaningless word salad drivel accompanied by the hand on heart gestures and the eyes to the heavens look from Megs, and Harry desperately trying to convey that he's cool and down with the peeps (but obviously still suffering huge victim hood from his mother, the evil press etc)

they have Lord knows how many PR experts working for them and they still aren't much adored the way they thought they would/should be.

Oprah was responsible for the Tyler Perry hideout

Oprah was also promoting a business venture that they are invested in.  Some kind of Mother Earth Horse Dung and Sawdust latte.

I think this is Oprah's call in favour tbh.  However, question

''Your mantra is all about love and compassion, when do you think that might extend to your father''?

gelico
Forum Detective

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:52 pm

I would ask them when they are moving back to the UK. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:19 pm

Maddog wrote:I would ask them when they are moving back to the UK. Cool

lol!

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:26 pm

One theory that is being expounded and which I find persuasive is that Megan - who is, let’s face it, something of a prima donna and greatly revels in her celebrity status in the USA - is bound by protocol to defer to Kate as the future Queen whenever she deigns to visit Britain, much as Wallis Simpson would have been obliged to do after the abdication of Edward VIII and accession of George VI and Queen Elizabeth.

Harry is now well down the Royal pecking order and, I suspect, reflecting the frustration of his wife at being something of a sideshow.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:27 pm

Maddog wrote:I would ask them when they are moving back to the UK. Cool

I don't think they would be welcomed back here even if they wanted to come back, and Meghan is obviously pulling the strings, so no chance of that.

Three million £££ of taxpayers money was spent on doing up Frogmore cottage, the royal residence where they were to live which is now housing a minor royal.

"And now it's being reported that Harry is upset after the Queen agreed he should be stripped of his honorary military titles and patronages.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expected to lose all the official positions they kept after stepping down as working royals last year. Meanwhile Meghan, 39, would have to step down as patron of the National Theatre, which the Queen had previously been for 45 years. "

So....no home in the UK, no titles, hardly even Royal anymore, which must be a blow to Meghan as she seemed to act more 'Royal' than most of the actual Royals ever have. Laughing

https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/17/prince-harry-upset-after-queen-agrees-he-must-lose-royal-patronages-14095186/

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:34 pm

Vintage wrote:Why, even if the press coverage was not in your favour as a self proclaimed feminist and presumably a strong modern woman, didn't you stick with it in the Royal Family, do your job and show the tabloids etc how wrong they were. Just like many people who have married into Royalty (not only British) and faced opposition and come out the other side well loved and respected.
Why ditch it all when you could have become famous, loved, respected, have everything you wanted - materialistically and be a force for good in so many projects, was it because you can't
keep your personal thoughts to yourself, can't wear coloured nail varnish or certain clothes on official engagements or sell photos and stories about yourself for profit.

She was welcomed at first I think. The majority of people were happy to see Harry settling down with a woman he loved and who seemed to love him.
Unfortunately, when she started complaining and feeling sorry for herself (on camera too) the sheen seemed to fade a bit.

She seemed to want all the fame, fortune and respect without giving anything back. She is better off back in the US touting her wares, which have soared considerably since netting a prince, how long for....who knows?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:43 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:One theory that is being expounded and which I find persuasive is that Megan - who is, let’s face it, something of a prima donna and greatly revels in her celebrity status in the USA - is bound by protocol to defer to Kate as the future Queen whenever she deigns to visit Britain, much as Wallis Simpson would have been obliged to do after the abdication of Edward VIII and accession of George VI and Queen Elizabeth.

Harry is now well down the Royal pecking order and, I suspect, reflecting the frustration of his wife at being something of a sideshow.

Looks wise she even resembles Wallis Simpson now.
Hopefully Harry won't end up being snubbed and feeling depressed and lonely as (if the historic stories are true) his Great Granduncle was.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:53 pm

gelico wrote:All the questions will be pre arranged, pre scripted, pre approved.  it's not a random Q&A with audience participation

I would expect the usual meaningless word salad drivel accompanied by the hand on heart gestures and the eyes to the heavens look from Megs, and Harry desperately trying to convey that he's cool and down with the peeps (but obviously still suffering huge victim hood from his mother, the evil press etc)

they have Lord knows how many PR experts working for them and they still aren't much adored the way they thought they would/should be.

Oprah was also promoting a business venture that they are invested in.  Some kind of Mother Earth Horse Dung and Sawdust latte.

''Your mantra is all about love and compassion, when do you think that might extend to your father''?

I can't stand Oprah now.....she is another one who is so full of herself she seems to have lost all sense of reality.
The way she latched on to the 'Me too' movement, pontificating about how brave the women were to speak out.

It probably slipped her mind that there were loads of photos of her cosying up to her good friend Weinstein, US's answer to Saville, the man who's  repulsive behaviour prompted many women to eventually speak out.

So if you were Oprah... Dtcpfi10
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:19 pm

I was one of those who was pleased Harry had found someone, I had never heard of her or of Suits unfortunately when I watched the engagement interview and saw the celeb style posing, I thought fake and phoney but ok she'll learn - maybe. I never dreamed it would get to where we are now. Others have managed to fit in to Royal families more often than not against the odds, some have not only had to fit into a different culture and the protocol of royal courts but had to learn a new language. I'm just sorry Harry is apparently so weak yet entitled. They were given various ways of living after their marriage and chose to support the Monarch apparently wholeheartedly then did a bunk in a secretive and sly way.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:33 pm

Vintage wrote:I was one of those who was pleased Harry had found someone, I had never heard of her or of Suits unfortunately when I watched the engagement interview and saw the celeb style posing, I thought fake and phoney but ok she'll learn - maybe. I never dreamed it would get to where we are now. Others have managed to fit in to Royal families more often than not against the odds, some have not only had to fit into a different culture and the protocol of royal courts but had to learn a new language. I'm just sorry Harry is apparently so weak yet entitled. They were given various ways of living after their marriage and chose to support the Monarch apparently wholeheartedly then did a bunk in a secretive and sly way.

I think it goes back further, to Harry's paternity and his mother Diana's relationship with James Hewitt:

So if you were Oprah... James-hewitt-news-photo-1605669056.?crop=1.00xw:0.588xh;0,0

Is Harry even entitled to royal status?  Is he out of Charles' loins?  It doesn't even involve Meghan, but she is caught up in all the 'who is better' whispers because of it.  I think the pair did the right thing in turning their back on all of it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:59 pm

It's not a matter of who is 'better',
William is 2nd in line to the throne after Charles, that makes him a king in waiting, Harry, simply can never have that rank.
Harry was probably the most popular of the two boys till he met Meghan and turned his back on the Royal family.
William was lucky to find not only a loving wife, but one who has earned her popularity by the way she has supported him and has turned out to be a real asset to that family.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Vintage and Maddog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:04 pm

Syl wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:One theory that is being expounded and which I find persuasive is that Megan - who is, let’s face it, something of a prima donna and greatly revels in her celebrity status in the USA - is bound by protocol to defer to Kate as the future Queen whenever she deigns to visit Britain, much as Wallis Simpson would have been obliged to do after the abdication of Edward VIII and accession of George VI and Queen Elizabeth.

Looks wise she even resembles Wallis Simpson now.
Hopefully Harry won't end up being snubbed and feeling depressed and  lonely as (if the historic stories are true)  his Great Granduncle was.

George never wanted the crown and was a very reluctant monarch, but there was no alternative for him but to accept it. Elizabeth Bowes Lyon was his absolute rock, and with her support the pair gained enormous love and respect because of their courage and strength throughout the war. But Elizabeth never forgave Wallis Simpson for the leading part she had played in the constitutional crisis.

The pair did, of course, have the added encumbrance of their admiration of Hitler and their personal friendship with many of the leading Nazis, and that is why Edward found himself packed off to the obscurity of Bermuda and, as recent history has shown the close attention of the security services.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:07 pm

If Harry and Meghan wanted out of the RF. they had their chances before the marriage took place various offers were put forward for them to live the life of an 'ordinary' duke and duchess, to have a few years to themselves or take it slowly into the working royals but they wanted to hit the ground running and it seems trample over everything.
I lost respect for Harry when he attended the Lion King film instead of the memorial for comrades killed by terrorists while playing a concert.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:11 pm

Syl wrote:It's not a matter of who is 'better',
William is 2nd in line to the throne after Charles, that makes him a king in waiting, Harry, simply can never have that rank.
Harry was probably the most popular of the two boys till he met Meghan and turned his back on the Royal family.
William was lucky to find not only a loving wife, but one who has earned her popularity by the way she has supported him and has turned out to be a real asset to that family.

It’s a shame Harry did not remain in the Army. He was talented, a born leader and highly popular with his colleagues and was clearly destined for advancement. He left  the Army Air Corps with the rank of Major and today I guess he would have been within a couple of years of Lt. Col rank with a senior staff job as a Major General in prospect by his mid 40’s.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Original Quill and Syl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:28 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

It’s a shame Harry did not remain in the Army. He was talented, a born leader and highly popular with his colleagues and was clearly destined for advancement. He left  the Army Air Corps with the rank of Major and today I guess he would have been within a couple of years of Lt. Col rank with a senior staff job as a Major General in prospect by his mid 40’s.

It is a shame, he was swept off his size10's....love has a lot to answer for. Razz
Another real shame is the close bond he had with his brother seems to have been broken, hopefully that can be fixed in time.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:56 pm

I absolutely agree with you. But note, you have transformed the question of who is "better" into the question of who is “2nd in line to the throne”. That's a legal issue, born in Salic law, and adopted by the British in various different acts of succession.

But return to the original question of which is "better", or more popular, as I intend it, and you'll find the public has a bad habit of deciding for themselves who is "better". That issue put Harry and Meghan squarely into a debate where people were saying unfavorable things about both sides. In other words, their very presence put them in a controversy that they didn't even care about. It was bound to erupt again and again, and so they just packed their bags and went off to live their own lives.

I think they were wise.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:10 pm

Not a problem for them to leave to live their own lives only they don't, they want to hold on to titles, rank and all the glamorous bits but don't want the boring bits, opening old folks homes etc. and they still wanted and expected daddy's money.
I don't think they ever intended to be full time royals, they wanted to pick and choose then live the celebrity life in between. Meghan left all her stuff in storage, kept US lawyers and P R companies at the ready. There were the websites or whatever already in existence before the wedding called Archie========.
If they had got married but put the plan to the RF before that I'm sure something could have been worked out but they wanted their cake and eat it and thought as we are already here and popular we'll be allowed to do what we planned.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:13 pm

Original Quill wrote:

I absolutely agree with you.  But note, you have transformed the question of who is "better" into the question of who is “2nd in line to the throne”.  That's a legal issue, born in Salic law, and adopted by the British in various different acts of succession.

But return to the original question of which is "better", or more popular, as I intend it, and you'll find the public has a bad habit of deciding for themselves who is "better".  That issue put Harry and Meghan squarely into a debate where people were saying unfavorable things about both sides.  In other words, their very presence put them in a controversy that they didn't even care about.  It was bound to erupt again and again, and so they just packed their bags and went off to live their own lives.

I think they were wise.

Harry was obviously unhappy with the way things were panning out after his marriage.
He was always loved in the UK. He was Diana's youngest son, and no one could forget the sad sight of him walking behind his mums coffin when he was a small boy. As he grew he was always the more extrovert of the two brothers, and a bit wild, all those things endeared him to people.

Post Meghan everything changed, she wasn't happy, and he wanted to make her happy.
It seems to me he has given up everything whilst she has gained plenty. The comparisons Fred made between this modern couple and Edward and Mrs Simpson seem to be getting more and more obvious.

I hope for his sake you are right about them making the right decision.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:25 pm

I can't see someone changing so drastically. Was his life pre Meghan so unhappy? I can only remember someone who seemed very happy in his brother and sister in laws company, he was great with ordinary people and seemed to enjoy his official duties, he loved his military responsibilities. Is he a supreme actor or has he managed to change his whole personality.
If he was unhappy I'm sure if he spoke up something would have been arranged - a couple of years off in his favourite African place maybe where he may have met a lovely local girl and settled there in some capacity or brought her back here.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:44 pm

I dont think he was unhappy pre Meghan. He was surrounded by a loving family, now he is cut off from them all.

People kill for love....he just moved.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:01 am

The majority of Brits were happy to see Harry and Megan wed. Some sources, including Megan, have tried to intimate that the British have been racist against her but that's just not true. That woman had an agenda from the get go. And don't tell me she wasn't briefed about what marrying into the Royal Family would entail? Her nose got put firmly out of joint from the get go when it must have dawned on her that she would never be the centre of attention in the way Diana was. And no, you can't have the emerald tiara! You'll get what you're given.

Everything they stand for makes me puke. Their blatant hypocrisy. Their pontifications and virtue signalling. Their wedding cost millions of tax payers money, then they have the brass to turn around and accuse the British people of being racist and how Megan wasn't given a chance and how they hated the media attention and yearned for privacy. Go get married in a fucking registry office then with a couple of witnesses.

Then we had Megan giving the ITN interview on their African tour when she bleats, 'not many people have asked if I'm OK'. Who cares if you're OK. You've got food in your belly, designer clothes on your back, a mansion to go home to with servants and nannies and a flotilla of adoring celebrity arselickers to stroke your ego. Around you is a country where most people live on the bones of their arse, you vacuous bint.

I'd ask Megan why she's decided her dad no longer exists... you know, while she's banging on about how much we must all care for each other and be kinder.

You'd often see that contrived smile plastered on her face when she was with the Royal Family. The fakest smile I ever saw. She was either terrified or seething...and seeing as I've never met a Leo who was a shrinking violet, I'm guessing its the latter. She had no clout within The Firm. No pedestal to preach and preen from. She could only do that in America where the pair of them are currently feted by the rich and famous. Just how long that will last is anyone's guess.

I don't think Harry will be happy for the long term. I think all he was, and who he is, won't ever let go of him.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Vintage and Syl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:05 am

Syl wrote:I dont think he was unhappy pre Meghan. He was surrounded by a loving family, now he is cut off from them all.

He was quoted as saying, 'what Megan wants, Megan gets.'. One can almost hear the snap of the bag closure around his bollocks.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:16 am

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I absolutely agree with you.  But note, you have transformed the question of who is "better" into the question of who is “2nd in line to the throne”.  That's a legal issue, born in Salic law, and adopted by the British in various different acts of succession.

But return to the original question of which is "better", or more popular, as I intend it, and you'll find the public has a bad habit of deciding for themselves who is "better".  That issue put Harry and Meghan squarely into a debate where people were saying unfavorable things about both sides.  In other words, their very presence put them in a controversy that they didn't even care about.  It was bound to erupt again and again, and so they just packed their bags and went off to live their own lives.

I think they were wise.

Harry was obviously unhappy with the way things were panning out after his marriage.
He was always loved in the UK. He was Diana's youngest son, and no one could forget the sad sight of him walking behind his mums coffin when he was a small boy. As he grew he was always the more extrovert of the two brothers, and a bit wild, all those things endeared him to people.

Post Meghan everything changed, she wasn't happy, and he wanted to make her happy.
It seems to me he has given up everything whilst she has gained plenty. The comparisons Fred made between this modern couple and Edward and Mrs Simpson seem to be getting more and more obvious.

When one person in a relationship tries to bend their life around the other, it rarely works. He has sacrificed massively to make her happy. Plus they've both deprived their kids of the Royal connection and status.

Prince Philip is clearly on his way out. I wonder if the pair of them will come home for the funeral?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:21 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:I dont think he was unhappy pre Meghan. He was surrounded by a loving family, now he is cut off from them all.

He was quoted as saying, 'what Megan wants, Megan gets.'.   One can almost hear the snap of the bag closure around his bollocks.
Well he was right, she seems to have got exactly what she wanted.

Had anyone in the UK  actually heard of her before she became Harrys girlfriend?
She now holds all the cards, at least whilst they are together.

If they were to part she would soon fade back into obscurity.
Whereas Harry was born a prince and he will remain a prince.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:30 am

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

He was quoted as saying, 'what Megan wants, Megan gets.'.   One can almost hear the snap of the bag closure around his bollocks.
Well he was right, she seems to have got exactly what she wanted.

Had anyone in the UK  actually heard of her before she became Harrys girlfriend?
She now holds all the cards, at least whilst they are together.

If they were to part she would soon fade back into obscurity.
Whereas Harry was born a prince and he will remain a prince.

She was a bit part actress, and not that good otherwise she'd have made it into the bigger league. She had a good upbringing. She has a good education. So it's not a rags to riches story. If anything it sounds as though her dad spoilt her rotten. She claims he hurt her by courting the media. How fucking ironic.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:44 am

Her sister sounds like a pain in the neck and I think her dad acted badly too. It seems the only family member she stayed close to was her mother.

Harry has abandoned all his family, a family that thanks to Diana, seemed to be a lot closer than a few decades ago.

He would surely come back in the event of a funeral.....Covid restrictions permitting.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:18 am

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I absolutely agree with you. But note, you have transformed the question of who is "better" into the question of who is “2nd in line to the throne”. That's a legal issue, born in Salic law, and adopted by the British in various different acts of succession.

But return to the original question of which is "better", or more popular, as I intend it, and you'll find the public has a bad habit of deciding for themselves who is "better". That issue put Harry and Meghan squarely into a debate where people were saying unfavorable things about both sides. In other words, their very presence put them in a controversy that they didn't even care about. It was bound to erupt again and again, and so they just packed their bags and went off to live their own lives.

I think they were wise.

Harry had always lived through this 'bad side' of British public attention. It wasn't intentional...but nonetheless, it hurt. Your mother was a harlot, and you are the prize she received for her wanton ways! Shaming. Gossip. Whispers, and all. Even: I don't believe it, but did you hear...?? Always pointing to him, telling and retelling his story, whether pro or con, and it all occurred, if it occurred, before his birth. He is not to blame.

Until Meghan came along, he didn't know that he didn't have to put up with it. His support group was the very family that, deep down, castigated him. Meghan liberated him, and made him see that, true or not, it wasn't his fault. She taught him to turn his back, and walk away on his own legs.

It is a success story. That's how I see it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:29 am

I wouldn't give the steam off my shit to hear any of what these 3 are saying...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:20 am

There are quite a few 'royals' who for their own reasons or downsizing have left the official side of royal life and gone to work. They have done this without a fuss and back stabbing their family.
They don't use their titles at work and they still attend important official functions as members of the family with no official role. There's an architect, an engineer, a stock broker to name a few.
If Harry knew he wanted a different life prior to Meghan, I'm sure he would have been accommodated, I don't think he did though. They just decided they wanted it all, the benefits of royalty and the money and freedom to do and say what they wanted to as spoilt celebrities.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

HoratioTarr and Tommy Monk like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:29 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Harry had always lived through this 'bad side' of British public attention.  It wasn't intentional...but nonetheless, it hurt.  Your mother was a harlot, and you are the prize she received for her wanton ways!  Shaming.  Gossip.  Whispers, and all.  Even: I don't believe it, but did you hear...??  Always pointing to him, telling and retelling his story, whether pro or con, and it all occurred, if it occurred, before his birth.  He is not to blame.

Until Meghan came along, he didn't know that he didn't have to put up with it.  His support group was the very family that, deep down, castigated him.  Meghan liberated him, and made him see that, true or not, it wasn't his fault.  She taught him to turn his back, and walk away on his own legs.

It is a success story.  That's how I see it.

The royal family is in the public eye, they are all open to criticism at one time or another. The taxpayer supports their lavish lifestyle, so understandably they expect them to be answerable if they do stupid things.

Having said that, Harry was a popular royal, he always seemed happy, and though obviously the scars of his mothers treatment (murder) must have affected him deeply, he lived a good productive, outward looking life.

Along comes the ambitious naval grazing Meghan, she persuades him that she is being badly treated, no one cares about her, the press, the public, her staff, her relatives....they all look down on her, bringing up her colour and heritage a lot more than anyone else ever did.  Rolling Eyes
He is persuaded that to escape all the negative attention they should cut themselves off from his loving family and go and live in the US for peace of mind and fulfilment.

That translates to them touting around to the highest bidder (Netflix won) and giving an exclusive interview to their good mate the publicity hungry, most watched talk show host of all time...Oprah.

Meghans popularity here has plummeted, she comes across as selfish and demanding, he has gone from being a strong minded, successful people person ...  to looking like Meghans lapdog.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:05 pm

Nah, the Brits delivered a royal insult to Harry...and none of it was his doing.  If anything, Charles wasn't kind to his wife, or Diana was the wandering type.  But none of it had anything to do with an unborn child.

Meghan came along and delivered Harry to a better, more peaceful life.  You have only to look at it from their viewpoint: they renounced life and status in Britain, and moved to America.

Brits may look for scapegoats and faux excuses for their own bad behavior, but the single fact that they left and quit themselves of Britain shows you how the Sussex family perceived it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:58 pm

Original Quill wrote:Nah, the Brits delivered a royal insult to Harry...and none of it was his doing.  If anything, Charles wasn't kind to his wife, or Diana was the wandering type.  But none of it had anything to do with an unborn child.

Meghan came along and delivered Harry to a better, more peaceful life.  You have only to look at it from their viewpoint: they renounced life and status in Britain, and moved to America.

Brits may look for scapegoats and faux excuses for their own bad behavior, but the single fact that they left and quit themselves of Britain shows you how the Sussex family perceived it.

First of all Diana 'wandered' years after putting up with her unfaithful husband. He made it clear, to her and everyone else that he was in love with another woman and always had been.
Diana gave birth to (as she put it herself) a heir and a spare...and then she was discarded.
She was a loving mother, and to give him his due, Charles eventually turned it around and became a good father, closer to his own sons than his own parents had ever been to him.

So Harrygrew up in a loving pampered childhood home, obviously that changed when he was 12, but he still matured to be a well adjusted popular man.

One thing is clear, he seemed a lot happier and less troubled pre Meghan. He has given up everything for her, she has gained plenty from him.

How it will end up is anyone's guess. It must be hard for him to be deprived of the family who has always protected him, including his brother and sister in law he obviously loved....and who Meghan obviously didn't.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:10 pm

That's the problem though they haven't given up their status, that's the one thing they desperately want to hang on to.
They would be admired if they had left it all behind and made their own way in life - without the nastiness to his family of course.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 pm

Well he is going to be stripped of his honorary military titles, he won't be able to wear his military uniforms either. That's got to hurt.
They will both lose all the official positions granted to them when they married.

No one can take away his title of Prince, he was born a prince, and they will keep the Duke and Dutchess title, but then so did Edward and Wallis Simpson, and it didn't do much good for them once they had been separated from the inner workings of the Royals.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:42 pm

I think I would ask Harry....'When the obsession of sex/lust/love has morphed into a more controlled love/sex/ companion type relationship....and it will if it hasn't already, would he still abandon everything that made him the man he is, to be with the woman he loves?

I wouldn't ask Meghan anything. I fear she would launch into one of her well rehearsed monologues no matter what the question was.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:45 pm

Syl wrote:So Harry grew up in a loving pampered childhood home, obviously that changed when he was 12, but he still matured to be a well adjusted popular man.

Of course, he grew up pampered, as do all royals. But accepted? Embraced? Cuddled? I don't think so. There will always be that...he's the brother from another father. Good thing he was born second...now tell 'im to run along, we've got serious things to do with the really important one.

Of course, he has good character. He was whittled by adversity. He has finally received his reward: an admirer in his wife, who can judge beyond British pomposity, and a new country that doesn't have that extra baggage.

BTW, I'm not haranguing the British public; we have our foibles too...racism, guns, etc.; it's human nature. With Harry it's situational, and this time the situation came up your turn.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:53 pm

Do you really think if Hewitt was the father of Harry, he/they wouldn't have been bumped off by now?

He was a happy kid, you only have to watch old footage of his childhood to see that.

Everyone was happy when he met and married Meghan, she has been the downfall of her unpopularity here, no one else.

And Quill, I think she probably had more baggage than Harry...she was the star of her own real life drama long before she met him. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:10 pm

Syl wrote:Do you really think if Hewitt was the father of Harry, he/they wouldn't have been bumped off by now?

The British are not Russians. They are more civilized than that.  But they do ostracize socially.

Syl wrote:He was a happy kid, you only have to watch old footage of his childhood to see that.

You mean he had lots of toys and things?  You must be Republican, or Tory...whomever thinks that money can replace love and that feeling you belong, being raised by a loving parent.  I don't want to pick on you Syl, but that is the Republican way of thinking...chicklets replace empathy.

Syl wrote:Everyone was happy when he met and married Meghan, she has been the downfall of her unpopularity here, no one else.

She was his salvation...freedom from the social chains that bound him.  She taught him what the Royals should have, but couldn't.

Syl wrote:And Quill,  I think she probably had more baggage than Harry...she was the star of her own real life drama long before she met him. Laughing  

I'm talking about deeper baggage: parentage that was unloving, treating one like a circus animal, as John le Carré would say: Left outside in the Cold.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:58 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:Do you really think if Hewitt was the father of Harry, he/they wouldn't have been bumped off by now?

The British are not Russians.  They are more civilized than that.  But they do ostracize socially.

Really?? Princess Diana alert.

Syl wrote:He was a happy kid, you only have to watch old footage of his childhood to see that.

You mean he had lots of toys and things?  You must be Republican, or Tory...whomever thinks that money can replace love and that feeling you belong, being raised by a loving parent.  I don't want to pick on you Syl, but that is the Republican way of thinking...chicklets replace empathy.

I am not talking of material goods, have you never seen newsreels or the billions of photo's of Diana with her young sons?

Syl wrote:Everyone was happy when he met and married Meghan, she has been the downfall of her unpopularity here, no one else.

She was his salvation...freedom from the social chains that bound him.  She taught him what the Royals should have, but couldn't.

How to be self entitled and put No 1 before all others?

Syl wrote:And Quill,  I think she probably had more baggage than Harry...she was the star of her own real life drama long before she met him. Laughing  

I'm talking about deeper baggage: parentage that was unloving, treating one like a circus animal, as John le Carré would say: Left outside in the Cold.

He had the easy ride compared to William....he has said so himself. All the benefits with none of the responsibility.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:22 pm

William was over-entitled, and that has burdens of its own. But William never dealt with abandonment. That is a special pain, reserved for the unwanted.

Frankly, the only criticism of substance I have heard of Meghan is that she took Harry away from you British...and deservedly so. I hear adjectives—"navel grazing" and "her well rehearsed monologues" and "nastiness to his family"—but no substance, no specifics. Frankly, as I see it, adjectives are not arguments.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:17 pm

Do you really think that if there was any doubt of parentage and Harry was worried about he wouldn't have been reassured by DNA tests. Look at the facial features of Philp, Charles and Harry the eyes and the bridge of the nose are identical. The only one who hasn't followed the male line features so much is William. The Spencer family has abundant members with red hair, the tip of Harry's nose is very much like his Spencer grandfather.
The things that have been said about other members of the family can be equalled to the gossip about Harry's parentage, Andrew for one is supposed to be Lord Porchester's son.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:35 pm

Vintage wrote:Do you really think that if there was any doubt of parentage and Harry was worried about he wouldn't have been reassured by DNA tests. Look at the facial features of Philp, Charles and Harry the eyes and the bridge of the nose are identical. The only one who hasn't followed the male line features so much is William. The Spencer family has abundant members with red hair, the tip of Harry's nose is very much like his Spencer grandfather.
The things that have been said about other members of the family can be equalled to the gossip about Harry's parentage, Andrew for one is supposed to be Lord Porchester's son.

I'm not arguing Harry's lineage at all. As far as his DNA is concerned, I've never seen test results from any DNA testing. I would suspect that they would release those results if it proved his legitimacy. But I'm not questioning his legitimacy.

However, the British public is tongue-wagging all about Harry's legitimacy. They have been from before he was born. That is at the core of his disaffection with Britain.

He's been all alone with this public shaming for all his life, until his wife Meghan came along and talked some common sense into the boy: you are not responsible for your lineage regardless of which way it goes...you never were...and you shouldn't have to suffer all this wicked talk.

She's not responsible for chasing him away from Britain, and to America. The British people are. She's only responsible for talking common sense to him.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:43 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Vintage wrote:Do you really think that if there was any doubt of parentage and Harry was worried about he wouldn't have been reassured by DNA tests. Look at the facial features of Philp, Charles and Harry the eyes and the bridge of the nose are identical. The only one who hasn't followed the male line features so much is William. The Spencer family has abundant members  with red hair, the tip of Harry's nose is very much like his Spencer grandfather.

I'm not arguing Harry's lineage at all.  As far as his DNA is concerned, I've never seen test results from any DNA testing.  I would suspect that they would release those results if it proved his legitimacy.  But I'm not questioning his legitimacy.

However, the British public is tongue-wagging all about Harry's legitimacy.  They have been from before he was born.  That is at the core of his disaffection with Britain.

He's been all alone with this public shaming for all his life, until his wife Meghan came along and talked some common sense into the boy: you are not responsible for your lineage regardless of which way it goes...you never were...and you shouldn't have to suffer all this wicked talk.

She's not responsible for chasing him away from Britain, and to America.  The British people are.  She's only responsible for talking common sense to him.
Quill, you are the only one who has suggested, several times in this one thread, that Charles is not the biological father of Harry.
Seems it's you, not us Brits, that's doing all the 'tongue wagging' here. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:00 am

Syl wrote:Quill, you are the only one who has suggested, several times in this one thread, that Charles is not the biological father of Harry.
Seems it's you, not us Brits, that's doing all the 'tongue wagging' here.

Yet, I've never met Harry...nonetheless he is gone.  How could I have affected his decision?

You're not quite correct that it isn't a topic over there.  It's big talk around certain circles, and so is discussion about this being the reason for Harry's leaving.

Obviously, something moved him.  And no one can offer anything but gossip about alleged misbehavior by Meghan.  All the Hollywood papers here claim she only encouraged him to move away from the place that hurts.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:09 am

gelico wrote:All the questions will be pre arranged, pre scripted, pre approved.  it's not a random Q&A with audience participation

Oprah has done nothing wrong here.  

She is a businesswoman!! So if you were Oprah... 2190311264 Clinching interviews with A list celebs and Hollywood stars like Joan Collins and top politicians is how she earns a living, nothing wrong with that.

Oprah was born poor and grew up poor and had a hideous horror-filled childhood. But thanks to her hard work, she quickly turned her life around.

Takes a lot of talent to go from scratch, .... to earning literally BILLIONS  and obviously it was against formidable odds, given Oprah's gender and colour and lack of formal education. As a young woman of colour in 70's America, we can safely assume opportunities did not exactly fall in her lap, she likely had numerous obstacles thrown in her path- but she prevailed.

So, kudus  to Oprah. She's living the American dream and hasn't put a foot wrong. So if you were Oprah... 4214183177

Last edited by JulesV on Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Original Quill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:11 am

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:Quill, you are the only one who has suggested, several times in this one thread, that Charles is not the biological father of Harry.
Seems it's you, not us Brits, that's doing all the 'tongue wagging' here.

Yet, I've never met Harry...nonetheless he is gone.  How could I have affected his decision?

You're not quite correct that it isn't a topic over there.  It's big talk around certain circles, and so is discussion about this being the reason for Harry's leaving.

Obviously, something moved him.  And no one can offer anything but gossip about alleged misbehavior by Meghan.  All the Hollywood papers here claim she only encouraged him to move away from the place that hurts.
We are all guessing on account of none of us is privy to Harrys innermost thoughts.

My guess is simply he fell in love with a woman who put her own needs before his. He always seemed happy to be here pre Meghan, she felt she didn't belong, so she went home, and he went with her.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:18 am

Syl wrote:Well he is going to be stripped of his honorary military titles, he won't be able to wear his military uniforms either. That's got to hurt.
They will both lose all the official positions granted to them when they married.

No one can take away his title of Prince, he was born a prince, and they will keep the Duke and Dutchess title, but then so did Edward  and Wallis Simpson, and it didn't  do much good for them once they had been separated from the inner workings of the Royals.

Has everyone forgotten that Oprah interviewed Fergie many years ago? A full length no-holds barred interview where Fergie revealed in minute detail about all the people who let her down in the royal family. As the queen's daughter in law, Fergie was closer to the Queen than Meghan ever was, in terms of in status, age and familiarity.

No one made a fuss about Oprah interviewing Fergie. And Fergie kept all her titles! Despite divorcing her husband.

Meghan has not divorced Harry, all she did was move abroad. Meghan did not have her toes sucked in public either lol.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next