NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have we pinned all of our hopes on the Covid vaccine?

+4
Syl
Didgee
Original Quill
Ben Reilly
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Have we pinned all of our hopes on the Covid vaccine?  - Page 2 Empty Have we pinned all of our hopes on the Covid vaccine?

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:22 am

First topic message reminder :

I'm just worried that we're not approaching the fight against the pandemic realistically.

There's always the possibility that the virus will mutate into a strain that the current vaccines won't work against. Then it's back to square one.

Wouldn't it be better to have a proper lockdown in place as the vaccines are rolled out? The so-called lockdown we have in the UK is still allowing people to mix quite a lot, possibly allowing the virus to mutate again.

Wouldn't it be better to use every tool we have to fight the pandemic?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Have we pinned all of our hopes on the Covid vaccine?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Have we pinned all of our hopes on the Covid vaccine?

Post by Maddog Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:43 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Red tape is as useless as tits on a boar hog. That's why politicians everywhere are so enamored with it.

Yeah, which is why many UK businesses are now regretting Brexit, because part of being in the EU was free trade, something that has now gone out the window.

Leaving the EU did nothing to liberalize trade; quite the opposite, in fact. It's way bigger than it would have been had the U.S. dropped out of NAFTA.

What's stopping the free trade?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Have we pinned all of our hopes on the Covid vaccine?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Have we pinned all of our hopes on the Covid vaccine?

Post by Original Quill Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:49 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:The only vaccines developed so far appear to be American.  Pzfier, Moderna, and now the Rutgers/Johnson & Johnson vaccine.  The Oxford/AstraZenica vaccine was delayed by faulty data.

The Oxford A/Z has been given to millions of elderly people...ALL care home residents, and frontline NHS workers and carers already in the UK.

The Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine has been rejected in South Africa as being ineffective against the current iteration of the virus.

We may have to settle into a routine in which we take annual vaccinations, as with the flu.  The covid-19 virus is proving very adaptable.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:34 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

The Oxford A/Z has been given to millions of elderly people...ALL care home residents, and frontline NHS workers and carers already in the UK.

The Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine has been rejected in South Africa as being ineffective against the current iteration of the virus.

We may have to settle into a routine in which we take annual vaccinations, as with the flu.  The covid-19 virus is proving very adaptable.

And today the World Health Organisation have said that the Oxford AZ vaccine is good for all ages for all the variants that are known presently....including the SA one.
They find the study  from SA  inconclusive.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/medical/who-recommends-oxford-astrazeneca-vaccine-for-over-65s/ar-BB1dzaKT?ocid=msedgdhp

I think you are right about having to have a yearly vaccination against Covid variations. A small price to pay to stay healthy.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Maddog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:07 pm

Maddog wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Red tape is as useless as tits on a boar hog. That's why politicians everywhere are so enamored with it.

Yeah, which is why many UK businesses are now regretting Brexit, because part of being in the EU was free trade, something that has now gone out the window.

Leaving the EU did nothing to liberalize trade; quite the opposite, in fact. It's way bigger than it would have been had the U.S. dropped out of NAFTA.

The old regulations that have been reverted back to. The free trade agreement actually provided freer trade than what came before.

I mean, I don't know why this is difficult stuff.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:37 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

The old regulations that have been reverted back to. The free trade agreement actually provided freer trade than what came before.

I mean, I don't know why this is difficult stuff.

I should have said who, or what bodies. I meant what entity.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2